Chapter 1

Do You Remember Our Last Goodbye

 

 

I lay in bed, facing the ceiling, my cheeks stained with tears. Smelling the scent of the one who had taken my heart. I glanced at my phone, looking at the picture of the two of us, only to burst into another stream of heart wrenching tears. I grasped the area where my heart had been, before he tore it out. Before he ripped it out and threw it away. Before he left me.

∞ -Flashback- (A/N: this flashback contains many smaller flashback so the full flashback only ends where the infinity sign is)

I woke up to the familiar scent of my boyfriend, Kim Myungsoo. Smiling quietly to myself, I shifted closer to him, wrapping my arms around his back. I looked up, to my one and only smiling happily down at me. I loved it how he was the first person I saw when I woke up every morning. He was the one who gave me a smile, told me it was okay when things went wrong, and brought me back on my feet when I had lost everything. I still remembered that day, as if it was yesterday. It was all my fault, if I hadn’t been so careless, maybe my family would still be here with me today.

-Flashback-

The sun was shining brightly in the sky. I looked up to see the beautiful sight of the perfect weather. I breathed in, inhaling the fresh smell of the clean air. Listening to the typical conversations between my parents.

“Dad, Mum, where are we going?” I asked tediously, while tapping away on my phone. What I did not know was that those 6 simple words would change my life entirely.

My parents both turned their heads back towards me… that was when it happened. In a blink of an eye, there it was, the car which turned my life upside down. In almost a second, an ear-piercing scream was heard. I looked anxiously at my parents only to feel a tremendous jolt hit the front of the car. Sending all of us, flying back, only to collide with yet another vehicle.

It was all too fast to remember, all I could see were my parents, reaching out to me, calling my name softly. Their blood stained hands sending daggers through my heart.

“---- ah, Be strong. We’ll be looking over you. Always remember, that we love you no matter what happens.” Those few last words from my dad filled my head. As soon as he had finished his hand fell limp, never to move again. Before I could reach out to my parents, I out, hearing the faint cries of a anonymous voice.

“Miss are you-“

-End of flashback during flashback-

*I wouldn’t be here without you, Kim Myungsoo. I owe you my life* I thought to myself, locking eyes with my saviour.

That day, it had been Kim Myungsoo who had brought me to the hospital. It was he who stayed next to the hospital bed, waiting for a complete stranger to wake up. It was he who was the first person I saw when I awoke. It was he who made me stand back on my own two feet.