Chapter 7

Hold Me Tight [An Heirs Spinoff] EDITING
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The next morning I was sitting on my bed while mom prushed my hair up into an elegant bun. "We need to make you look gorgeous but not like you tried." she said.

"Uh huh."

I was texting Nara who was wondering why I wasn't in school.

Mom smacked my arm. "Ha Yeon are you paying attention?" I looked guilty. I so wasn't. She sighed. "You better not look this unintrested at the press confrence."

"I won't mom." I assured her. 

The press confrence was a complete bore and I would have actually rather go to school. When dad was announced as the prime minister canidate that the president was backing the reporters went into a picture taking frenzy. After all the pictures and questions were done the reporters wanted some pictures of dad with his family. Me and mom posed along side him. I felt awkward trying to smile as light after lights flashed in my eyes.

When everything was through and done we got into a car that was hired by the presidents people. Dad sighed. "Well that went well." mom pated his thigh. "Im so proud of you sweetie." he smiled at her. "Im not the prime minister yet. There is still the vote by the other congressmen."

"You'll get it."

"Needless to say our family is in the public eye now. The journalist will be waiting for something sensational to print so we all have to be on or best behavior. Not that we aren't . And I know I don't have to worry about my good girl doing anything." he said to me.

I just laughed.

I was used to him calling me his good girl. I always did what my parents asked of me without complaint. I never got into trouble. Well except for detention yesterday, but that wasn't my fault anyways and more importantlybthwy didnt know abput that.

"Also a couple of the congress members invited me out to dinner tonight. Its a family thing so you two will have to be there. You can dress casual since the resturant we will be going to isn't formal."

I nodded my head but inside I groaned. Ughhh forced to mingle with the kids of the congress members. I didn't want to have to entertain any of them. Maybe I should just be quite and act like I'm anti social. No I can't do that to dad. He expects me to wow everyone with my wit and sparkiling personality. I sighed.

Back at the hotel I changed into blue skinny jeans and a crème colored blouse and combed my hair out. It was five and we would be leaving for the dinner in an hour. Once I was all dressed I went to sit down in the lobby. I felt confined being in my hotel room for to long. Also, maybe, self conciously, I was hoping to spot a certain someone.

I didn't have long to wait.

As I sat there he came striding out from the elevators. What should I do? What should I do? Should I try and get his attention? But I was supposed to be keeping my distance from him not stalking him all over again. Before I could even make up my mind on what to do I looked over and saw his eyes were trained on me and he was heading straight to me. My heart started jumping madly.

He sat in the chair beside me. "Where you been? I didn't take your for the type to skip school."

He'd actually noticed that I wasn't in school today. I couldn't prevent the little smile from taking over my face. "I didn't skip. I had a family thing to do, so I didn't come." He watched me. It seemed like he was debating something, trying to decide on something. I wonder what it was. He threw his motorcycle helmet in my lap and then stood.

"Im going for a ride." He said.

I looked from him to the helmet and then back to him. Oh my god. I think he's inviting me to go for a ride with him. I sooo want to go. But. I can't. I sighed heavily. Well maybe this is a sign. I am supposed to be staying away from him. Not pressed up against him. Arms warapped around him. Breathing in his scent, feeling the taught muscle of his abdomen. I shook my head. Trying to get my mind off of those images. I handed the helmet back to him and he looked shocked.

"I can't. I have to go to dinner with my parents." He stood silent for a moment. Then he shrugged taking the helmet from me and walking off.

"Stupid dinner." I murmured.

 

There were actual paparazzi outside the resturant. Like honest to god picture snapping question yelling paparazzi. I was shocked. I knew dad said there would be more media intrest in him and his family now but I didn't expect this. "Mr prime minister..." they kept yelling out. Trying to get dads attention to answer questions as we walked to the resturant doors. All dad would say is. "Im not the prime minister yet."

We got into the resturant and the hostess led us through the main area to a back private area. There was a long table where four men and their respective spouses and children sat. I was surprised to see Sungyeol sitting at the table.

"Lee Sungyeol." I called out.

He smiled brightly at me. "Hayeonshii."

I smiled. A man I assumed was his father smiled brightly.

"How do you know the prime ministers daughter?"

Sungyeol smiled siffly. "Uhmm were in the same class at school." he answered.

The man clapped him on the back. "I hope he's been nice to you." he sai

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter