Chapter 21

Hold Me Tight [An Heirs Spinoff] EDITING
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Choi Young Do

 

I walked up the steps to the school and opened the doors. As I walked down the empty hallways I was tempted to just forget being here today. I wasn't in the mood to have to sit through all my classes. I got to my homeroom and paused before opening the door. I don't know why I was so nervous. I reached out again intending to open the door and just go in. When the sound of running footsteps made me turn to see what was happening. Soo Ha Yeon's friend Nara was running down the hallway towards me. Out of breath she spoke in a rush. "Is Ha Yeon with you? Did she stay with you?" I was confused, I was sure Ha Yeon wasn't even speaking to me so why would this girl think she would be with me? I shook my head. She gasped and her eyes began to water. "Ha Yeonah." She whispered. I was beginning to get worried now. "What's going on?" I looked over her shoulder to see Congress boy running over to where we stood. "Is she with him?" Nara Shook her head. "No. I have to call her parents." She turned to leave and I grabbed her arm. "What's going on I said? Whats happening to Soo Ha Yeon?" That's when she broke down and started crying. Congress boy hugged her tight trying to sooth her. "Ha Yeon's parents called me this morning asking for Nara's number to see if Ha Yeon spent the night with her. She hasn't been seen since school yesterday."

I took a step back in shock and bumped into the door. Then I leaned against it needing the support. "She's missing?"

"I thought she was with you and didn't want anyone to know that's why she wasnt answering her parents calls." Nara wailed. My mind was in total chaos. I couldn't process what was hapenning. Ha Yeon was missing. My Ha Yeon. Did she run away? Did she do something stupid? Was this because of me? If anything happened to her... It would be all my fault. Nara's phone begin to ring and she anxiously looked down at it. "Its not her." She said. She then answered. "I'm sorry Mr Soo. No our other friend hasn't seen her either." She then listened some more to what Ha Yeon's father was saying before answering back. "I understand. OK. Bye."

"What did he say?" Me and Congress boy asked at the same time.

"They're going to the police. They think it must be a kidnapping." She nearly fell to the floor but Congress boy was still holding onto her. "Oh God. I hope she's OK."

My mind was spinning. Someone took Ha Yeon.

We stood there. None of us knowing what to do, the only sounds the occasional sobs from Nara.

 

Eventually we ended up in the library. I stared off into space. I didn't like the places my mind was going to. I kept thinking of Ha Yeon in the past tense. I missed her smile. Her annoying voice. She would be OK though. She had to be. Theres no way that a person like her would leave the world this way.

"Sungyeol where were you? Its not like you to skip class." Chansung said. Him and Kim Tan where standing beside the table we sat at. Then, "Are you OK?" As he saw the tear streaks on Nara's face. "No I'm not OK! Ha Yeon is missing!" She shouted loudly drawing the attention of every one in the library. "Nara." Congress boy admonished her. "What!? Everyone will know soon. Her parents are going to the police station right now. Her dad is the freakin Prime minister. Its going to be all over the news."

Kim Tan looked over at me. "Are you OK?"

Frustrated with everything and everybody I needed to be alone. I stood and started to walk away. "Yah where are you going? Do you even care?" Shouted Nara.

I didn't know how she thought us just sitting around together would accomplish anything. I just needed to be alone. We exchanged numbers, if they learned anything new one of them would call me.

Out in the hallway I felt a little better. But not by much. I still felt like I couldn't breath. "Choi Young Do." Kim Tan said. I closed my eyes. Why is he following me? I just needed to be alone. "Are you OK?" He put his hand on my shoulder and all of my rage just exploded. I screamed loudly and pushed him away from me. "Go." I told him.

"No."

"Go!" I shouted even louder. Instead of listening he stepped forward again, closer to me. "You need.." I cut him off by shoving him again. "Don't follow me. I need to be alone."

He laughed. "Do you think I'm stupid? If I leave you alone when youre like this all that's going to happen is you getting into trouble."

I began pacing back and forth. had to much energy inside that was desperate to burst out in any way. "I'm gonna go home. I'm just gonna ride my bike home." I said defeated. I wasn't in the mood to fight him right now. I felt exhausted. I was going from extreme anger, to sadness, to worry. I was spinning all over t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter