Chapter 1

Hold Me Tight [An Heirs Spinoff] EDITING
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I looked up  at the Seoul night sky from the balcony of my adjoining room from my parents in the zeus hotel.

 

It was my first night being back in Korea after four long years, I'd missed it. This was home. Italy was beautiful and warm and I enjoyed my time there but it wasn't home.

 

With my father being a canidate for the prime minister position my  family had to move back. I was feeling restless though. Maybe it was knowing I would have to start at a new school in the morning. What 17 year old wouldn't be nervous about that? 

 

I left the balcony and entered back into my room. Looking at my cell I saw that it was 10. I probably should be sleeping so I would be able to wake up early in the morning but had to much energy for that. I was feeling stuffy and claustrophobic in the room so I decided to take the latest novel I was reading and go down to the lobby. Looking down at myself I wondered,  Should I change? I debated with myself and then shrugged. Its not like I was wearing bed clothes. I had on a pair of loose gym shorts, that my mom hated when I wore and insisted she would burn them one day, and a short sleeved t'shirt. My long hair was pulled up into a ponytail. I slipped on my flip flops and left the room. I looked around the beautiful hotel as I made my way down the hallway to the elevator. I wonder what the kids at my new high school are like?

 

Probably like every other spoiled rich kid. I mused. I shook her head. No time for negative thoughts. It was time to think positive. I had decided that this year I would make friends of my own choosing and not have them be strongly recommended by my parents. For as long as I can remember my parents have dictated what kids I should be friends with. They always made be befriend other kids whose parents where in politics or had government jobs, children of intellectuals. Those were the kids I was allowed to be friends with, even in Italy. Those weren't real friendships, they were aquantices, people I spent time with just to make my parents happy. But no more. I am going to do what makes me happy, and what I want more than anything is a true friend. 

 

I got out of the elevator at the ground floor and walked to the lobby, it was pretty desserted this time of night. I bowed at the women working behind the counter where you check in before I found a big comfy chair and sat down opening my book to the page I left off at.

 

I was so engrossed in the story that I was startled when my  phone resting on my thigh vibrated. It was a text from my mother wondering where I was. She must have came to my room and when she didn't find me inside got worried. I looked at the time and gasped. It was already one in the morning. I hadn't even realized that four hours had passed. I looked around and saw that the lobby was even more deserted then before, the few people who were around earlier now gone. I hastily stood with my book forgeting to get my cell off my leg before dropping it on the floor. Sighing I bent down to pick it up. Once I had it grasped in my hand I whirled around and darted for the elevator but was stopped abruptly when I knocked into something that sent me sprawling onto the cold marble floors.

 

Ouch.

 

My was on fire.

 

I looked up a pair of long legs to a handsome face. He stood there looking down at me with a phone to his ear. He had thick eyebrows that where arched up on his wide forhead. His eyes were piercing and dark. He also had a sardonic smirk on his pink lips and I gulped. He was really attractive.

 

He contiued to look at me without saying a word before smiling and walking over me. I gaped. Was he not even going to help me up? He wasn't going to apologize? What the hell. He literally just stepped over me. That's so rude. I jumped up grabbing my cell and book and ran to the bank of elevators trying to catch him before he got on. I raced over and slid in right before the doors closed. He gave me a look before saying into the phone. "Hyo Shin hyung. I will talk to you next time. Bye." he hung up and turned to look at me. He looked me over from head to foot with this smile that was quickly becoming annoying on his face.

 

I did the same, looking him over. He wore black jeans with brown boots a black turtle neck sweater with a black leather jacket. I noticed then he held a black motorcycle helmet in his hand. He was in all dark colors, a black knight. I cleared my throat. "I am ok. In case you were wondering."

 

He stayed silent for a moment longer before laughing. "I wasn't." 

 

My mouth fell open. Wow he's so rude. "So you didn't care that you knocked me down? You didn't help me up or apologize or anything." I blurted out quickly. When I was worked up I couldn't help speaking faster. And I was definitely starting to get worked up. This annoying guy. He looked me over again. He ran a hand through his hair.

 

"Didn't you run into me?"

 

I scoffed. "Really. Are you serious right now?"

 

Hr shrugged. "Of course."

 

I crossed my arms across my chest. "So your not going to apologize?" 

 

He sighed like I was the most annoying thing in the world and replied. "Yah. Why would I apologize?" The elevator doors opened and he got out. "Bye." 

 

The doors closed with me standing there inside, mouth wide open. That arrogant jerk! I was seriously fuming thinking about how insensitive he'd been, and now I had to ride the elevator down from the penthouse level because I had forgot to even press the button for my floor so engrossed in that guy. I grumbled all the way back to my room. When I enetered mom was standing there.

 

"Soo Ha Yeon. Where were you?" she asked with a dissaproving look on her face. 

 

I placed my book and cell on the bed side table. "I went to read down in the lobby. I was feeling closed in here."

 

She nodded. "Ok. But go to sleep now. Tomorrow's a big day."

 

I nodded. "Goodnight mom."

 

 

 

Young Do

 

I chuckled to himself as I entered the hotel room I had been staying in for the summer. That girl was funny. Did she not know who I was? She had the nerve to get mad at me for knocking her over? And where did she even come from with that shabby outfit on. Was she really staying at this hotel? She didn't push a button for her floor.

Shaking my head. I threw off my leather jacket and put it on the couch with my helmet.

I sat down with my head back gazing at the ceiling. I felt so empty lately. I laughed drily.

 

Lately?

 

Hah.

 

I was always empty.

 

With father being in jail, the company constantly in the media; even now months later because of what his father was charged with, it seemd like there was too many problems and nothing to look forward too. The only bright spot in my life was finding mother. We had spent the vacation from school getting to know each other again. Now that school was starting back though, I was not looking forward to going back. I knew why. I would have to see her.

 

Cha Eun Sung,..... and Kim Tan.

 

I sighed. Kim Tan who always got everything. Kim Tan who everything worked out for. Kim Tan who got Eun Sung's love.

 

I closed my eyes and went to sleep right there on the couch fully clothed.

 

 

Ha Yeon

 

I stood outside the front doors of my new school uniform on, hair in a bun, bag on my back, ready for school.

 

But I couldn't find the courage to go through those doors. This place was beautiful. The school looked brand new, the landscape was filled with lush tress and gorgeous flowers and green grass. It looked like a resort rather than a high school. I took a deep breath. Stop being a baby, I told myself. Forcing some courage I walked through the doors and stepped into the main hall. Students where milling about everywhere, talking to friends, looking over notes, and texting. It looked like a normal high school despite the luxurious setting. I walked around looking for the room that was assigned as my homeroom. Finally I found it just as the bell was ringing. 

 

Late on my first day. 

 

I walked into the class and saw that it was full. A pretty young teacher stood at the front of the class. "Your late. You must be the new transfer student." 

 

At her words a murmur went around through the students. I bowed. "Sorry. I got lost. I'm Soo Ha Yeon." I introduced myself to her.  She nodded.

 

"Class this is our new transfer student. Soo Ha Yeon."

 

I bowed to the class and smiled. "Hello. Its nice to meet you all."

 

"Transfer student from where?" A boy called out, a girl sitting

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter