First Love (KaiEun)

The Tales of Son Na Eun

 She smiles as she walks quickly while looking at her watch. She needs to be at EXO High School at 2pm, and she is running late. She didn’t know the meeting with the teachers will end this late.

She is the new Students President now as she wins the election without any problems. She is beautiful, confident, intelligent, elegant and well rounded. She wins the majority votes without any hardships even when she is attending an all-girl school. Everyone adores her.

She quickly boards the bus and sit down on an empty seat before taking out her smartphone.

She scrolls down the line message she got from the committee group. Thankfully, they just arrived there and has been escorted to the meeting room. She told them about her being late and apologized.

TING! -It’s ok. There are some problems here.-

TING! –Take your time-

TING! – Do not talk to strangers –

TING! – The meeting gonna start late. All committee members are summoned by the teacher.-

TING! – Why? –

TING! – Dunno –

TING! – 10 minutes before my arrival –

TING! – Should we ask for red carpet? –

TING! – Shut up! –

She hesitated in front of the school gate. She begun to hyperventilating and she keep her dried lips. She has to do this for her school but she is scared of boys. No! Son Naeun you can do this! Fighting!

She picks up whatever courage left with her and confidently walks in the school compound. There are so many boys eyeing her, she can feel their eyes on her. She is scared but she cannot let that show, she is Apink High School Student president for god sake.

She slowly looks upwards, trying her best to smiles bravely as steadily she strode her way to the meeting room. Naeun tries her best to not stumble on anything.

Loud gasps can be heard through the long corridor as Naeun strode along the corridor.

Naeun stops as she confused which corridor to take when suddenly a very handsome boy calls out her name and smile confidently in front of her “Ms. Son Naeun?”

“Yes, I am. And you are?” Naeun smile courteously.

“Oh come on. How can you forget me easily? Am I not your first love? And they said first love is never forgotten” he casually walks towards Naeun.

Naeun eyes widen. She is taken aback. What is this man talking about? What first love? She moves back as the man keeps moving towards her and Crap! I am trapped between a human and a wall!

She carefully observes the male in front of her as he lowered his face towards her . She gasps as she realized, it’s him.

 

 


Flashback (during primary school)

“Hey! What is this letter on your table?” “Ya! Kai did you just got a love letter???”

“It is the nerd girl beside him” “We told you not to treat her that well didn’t we?”

“What are you going to do” “Kai is love by the nerdy”

And all the boys in the class laugh out wholeheartedly, “HAHAHAHAHA!!!”

Stop it!” shouted red face Kai.

“What now? You like her too?!” “Why are you so mad??”

“There is no way I would like someone as ugly as her!!” Kai shouted back, crumpling the pink letter.

It is suddenly quiet, uncomfortable silence engulfing the class. Kai turns his back to see the class teacher already give him a reprimanding look.

“I am sorry, teacher” he bowed his head and went back to his seat. Everyone scurried back to their seat.

The mathematic class went smoothly, with everyone brain almost exploded with all the mathematical calculations.

Kai noticed his seatmate did not enter the class until the end of math period. Is she sick? She is a nerd, there is no way she would skip class. Did she listen to what he says during recess? Kai begin to fidgeting on his seat, there is this unsettled feeling in his stomach. Should he go to the toilet?

“Oi! Lets’s go”

Huh! Kai gives Namjoon an annoyed look.

“What? Don’t give me that look. We need to go to science class now. You are my group member too. Let’s go together.”

“Let’s go!” Kai sling his arm around the boy shoulder and they happily skip along the corridor to the laboratory.

Naeun slowly entered her classroom for the last time, taking a good look inside the classroom. She went to her seat and packs all her stuffs inside her bag. She silently wiped away the falling tears with her sleeves. She didn’t know why does it hurt.

 

 


Naeun did not remember how she ends up in the conference room. She only get back to her senses when Kang Jiyoung, the vice president nudged her asking her if she is okay.

She slowly looks up, scanning the room and other committee members. She can see everyone is talking to each other and everyone looks like they are in good mood. She cannot let her personal matter interrupt this important joint project between EXO and APINK High School.

She pat Jiyoung shoulder telling her she is okay.

“Who are we waiting for?”Naeun asked Jiyoung. ”Their Student president”

Naeun nodded and take out her notebook before writing on it.

“I am sorry for the long wait. Let’s start the meeting now”. The man took over the chairman seat and begins his self-introduction.

“My name is Kim Jongin also knows as Kai. I am the EXO Student President. Nice to meet you and … I can’t wait to work together for this project”

“ I am Kim Namjoon, but call me RM. I am the vice president for our school. And for the record, I am the one who supposed to handle this project because our Kai here said this project is absurd, waste of time. But, it is good that he come to his senses.”

Kai exchanges murderous glances to RM and the latter smirk at him unaffected.

There is Ilhoon, the secretary, Sehun, the treasurer and Jinhwan , Jae Bum and Jinyoung.

Since they are seated in circle, after Jinyoung the girls from APINK High School introduce themselves.

Suzy, Wendy, Sohee , Krystal Apink treasurer, Seulgi, the secretary and vice president Kang Jiyoung.

Naeun heave a big sigh as Jiyoung sit down. She can feel all eyes on her as she stand up.

Namjoon didn’t know why but he felt like he have seen her somewhere. He carefully observes her before Kai suddenly kick him under the table.

“I am Son Naeun. I will try my best to assists everyone on this project. If there are any questions or problems arise please do not hesitate to ask help from our school”

“Naeun??? Do you remember me? We are classmates during our primary school remember?” Namjoon sudden question make Naeun eyes widen twice the normal size as she looks at the latter.

“Yup! She is our ex-classmates Naeun. Now RM, Ilhoon you guys may start distributing the paper work and we can discuss everything now.” Kai cut-off the conversation and lead the team to discuss on the projects before they were dismissed for the day.

 

 


They keep on meeting with each other either at the boys school or the girls school. Sometimes they just meet-up at any café to proceed with the project.

“First love is quite good for theme” Seulgi.

“Let’s just go with Masquerade…there is no other easier theme than this one. What first love?” Jinhwan

“Fairytale is easier…isn’t it the same as first love? “ Suzy

“Nope…I told you to do cosplay…they are my first love though..so much fun…” Jinyoung

“I can’t do this anymore. Firstlove ? Fairy tale? Cosplays? This is for our senior and alumni.. Do you expect them to wear costumes to the dinner?” Krystal.

“Well, fairytale is weirder…nope wait it’s the same cosplay and fairytale…both are for kids .. but first love is wider specs if we were to say…” Sehun.

“what!” “cosplay” “ let just do maid” “ first love” “first laugh””hahahaha”

Naeun keeps flinching everytime she heard the words first love…she cannot help but think this is some plot to get her.

“Who is your first love then?” “ What is you first love” “ how about First..”

BAM! Everyone turns their head towards Naeun at the end of the table. Naeun is flabbergasted, she didn’t think it will be that loud when she hit her palm on the table. She is afraid they would ask her something, she know Namjoon remembered her because of that letter.

There is no way anyone in primary school would remember someone as ugly as her unless you left and ugly history.

“First love it is then…they can be anything because everyone first love is different… what do you think about the theme Naeun? Or do you have any other suggestion Kai?” Jiyoung took advantages of the silence.

“No. I love the theme. First love…Naeun?” Kai casted a glance towards Naeun and he saw her flushed face.

Naeun just nodded and excuse herself. Kai grab Naeun arms as she walk past him and together they went out.

Naeun let her feet follows Kai. She didn’t even know where he brings her to. She just needs to get away from the first love thing and now here she is walking hand in hand with her first love.

And that is when she suddenly stops walking. Kai turned to her.

“Why? Are you hurt somewhere else? Let’s go to the infirmary first. We need to cool down your hand. It is turning red by second” Kai tugged her hand to follow him.

He feels proud. Never once did he feel this way. He can see other students’ casted jealousy look at them. Let them be. They didn’t know how long he waited just to see her again.

He remembers the night after their first meeting, he and Namjoon walking home together.


“Now I know why you are suddenly interested with the project. How did you know it was her? You just saw the name isn’t it? And how can you be so sure that the president is Naeun? Your Naeun?”

“ I just feel like it”

“Stop it Kai. Tell me the truth. If you keep on this attitudes I might as well just tell Naeun the truth.”

“What?! Don’t you dare Kim Namjoon.”

“Try me”

“Seulgi.” Namjoon gives Kai an annoyed look before he get the idea.

“She is your cousin isn’t it? So you tell her everything?”

“No! we were just talking during our family gathering and then she keep on talking about this new president they had. I am not interested at all until she blurted out he name, she told me Naeun just move here last year and she lives at London before moving in. “

“And, how does that make you feel that she is your Naeun”

“I actually stalk her using Seulgi’s phone and then I come across her photos from before and that is when I knew she is mine. My Naeun.” Kai can’t stop feeling embarassed and cover his face.

Namjoon kindly patted his back.


As they arrived the infirmary, Kai let Naeun to sit on a chair and he goes off searching for some ice cubes to let her cool off her hand.

Naeun keeps telling him to go back to the meeting room and let her alone inside the infirmary. She just can’t help feeling awkward around him.

“Hey Naeun. Do you have a boyfriend?”

“What? Why would there will be anyone who would like to be my boyfriend? “

“I have something that I want to tell you for quite some time now…”

“What? You have a girlfriend and you want to tell them directly to me? Or you want to show me how beautiful your girlfriend is compared to the ugly me?” Naeun didn’t know what is wrong with her attitude. She didn’t know why she suddenly answered his question like that.

“What is with that attitude Son Naeun? I just want to say sorry for all the words that I have said during our primary school. I wanted to say sorry the very exact day but you just happen to be absent during those slots. What do you think I would feel when I come inside the class and I see nothing was on your table? I thought you hated me for all my harsh words”

“I don’t hate you… or anyone. It is my fault for being nerd. It is my fault for stuttering and froze up every time I need to talk…how can the ugly me have the guts to hate anyone”

“Stop saying that words Naeun! You are not ugly. You are the most beautiful girl I ever laid my eyes off”

“Wow! You are that desperate for my forgiveness don’t you Jongin? Hahaha… you even call me beautiful…if all the boys back then heard this you might be laugh at again… ” Naeun hurriedly walk towards the door before she felt Kai grabs her body.

Kai lifts Naeun before she takes another steps towards the door. He carried her and throws her on the bed before he trapped Naeun between his arms. Naeun open her eyes and she hurriedly pushes Kai chest and to her disappointment Kai did not budged. Instead, he took both her arm and hold them above her head.

“Now, I want you to listen Son Naeun. After science class that day, I actually get mad at everyone in the class because I thought you went home as you sick. I have this feeling that you might hear what I told them during recess. So,all of us wait for tomorrow to come because we all wanted to apologise to you. But you never come…instead the teacher come and told us yesterday was your last day at school because you are moving away”

“Why? Why are you telling me this?”

“Because I want you to know that everyone didn’t mean bad to you. We are all kids and kid get jealous easily towards each other. Remember Joonie, he actually cried after we know you moved away. Actually everyone cries.”

“…and that everyone includes you?” Naeun eyes glistening. She didn’t know what to feel. She feel bad for not telling them it is her last day. She just wanted the boy she loves to know that she loves him.

Kai just nodded. He slowly let go of Naeun hand but he is not moving from his position.

Kai gently wipe Naeun tears as he look at her face. He keeps looking at Naeun as her colour change from pale to crimson red.

“Stop looking at me. I am uncomfortable. And can you please move away “

“ Why should I? I am not pinning you down…you are just trapped between me and the bed…and that sounds y” Kai smirks at her.

“Move away Kim Jongin… I already listen to everything, now we still have lots of work to do”

“Nope! Everything has been done by our committee member. And there is a few more things I need to ask you”

“Can we sit properly while talking… I am uncomfortable right now”

Kai shrugged his body “ I don’t want to…now you need to answer all my question honestly or we will stay like this until someone find us in here” Naeun let a small sigh escape and Kai just smile.

“Son Naeun…am I your first love?” Naeun averted her eyes away from Kai and nodded.

“Do you love someone else right now?” Naeun look at Kai before shake her head.

“Do you still love me?”

“What? Kai… now let me go…please” Naeun is fighting the tears from flowing.

“ I won’t Naeun… I have been waiting for you after all these years. There is no way I will let you go. Please answer my question.”

“How about you? Do you love someone right now?”

“Yes, I do”

“So, what is the point of you doing this? Now let me go” Naeun shove Kai away but Kai skillfully scooped Naeun up from the bed and hug her before she can even do anything.

“Because the one is love is my first love and my first love is you…I love you Son Naeun”

Kai hold Naeun face gently and repeat the words again…this time he really wants to see her face

“ I Love You Son Naeun, do you love me too”

Naeun look at Jongin eyes, Naeun piercing eyes makes Jongin nervous for some reason, he decided to close his eyes.

Naeun slowly shortening the distance between them before she slowly kiss his lips, urging the latter to reply her kisses.

Both of them panting gently still holding each other before Jongin shower Naeun with light kisses.

“Hey Naeun, that was not bad for a first kiss…”

“Shut up Jongin, you are not my first kiss” Naeun playfully hit Kai chest.

“That’s okay…I am sure I am your first passionate kiss…and your many more first to come later…” Kai wink at Naeun before claiming her lips again 

 


author's notes:

just feels like needed to do something about this story...

how how are you everyone?

sorry that this might be not as good as others...

i just write this and did not proofread this...

just have fun reading!

xoxo_chu~