You Are Who You Are (SeKaiEun)

The Tales of Son Na Eun

warning : this shot comprises of 1700 words

She is so pissed off when the operator answered her phone for the 88th time.

She even called both of them but no one picked up. It is obvious they are having fun somewhere while she…

“ARGH!!!”

She screamed out of frustration and threw her smartphone on her bed.

Hayoung who is resting on the upper bunk shot up and look at her …like she is crazy.

Well..she is..she never scream in their dorm..especially when NaChoMi is sleeping.. you don’t wanna wake up the sleeping dragons.

“Waeyo unnie? They ignore you again??? Maybe they are tired and asleep..” Hayoung trying to ease down Naeun anger.

Naeun slam her face to her pillow and reply with a muffled scream…well she is scared..of the trio.

Hayoung slowly went down to Naeun bed when she heard Naeun muffled sobs..

Naeun is crying...Hayoung gently rub and pat her back to soothe her.. she run her fingers through her hair because she knew Naeun love it..being roommate for almost 4 years they almost know everything about each other..

Naeun is the last member to open up and get closed with the others..That’s why she knew she need to protect Naeun in every way she can.. because she didn’t want to lose Naeun this time..losing Yookyung is enough and she don’t want it to happen again. Once is enough.


Naeun on the other hand feeling so wronged towards Hayoung. She is the magnae yet she is always the one who protect and care of her like an unnie.. she is so frustrated that she didn’t realize she is crying..

When Hayoung rub her back the tears become unstoppable..she is so frustrated..everything seems so wrong with her.. it seems like she had been cursed.. people keep condemning her like she had done a big sin..she don’t even know what is right and wrong anymore.

She knew their fandom is getting large and she is genuinely happy.

But she just can’t ignore all the hate like she never see them.

Even if she pretend not to..they will always find a way to shove the negative comment down ..and she is getting sick of it..she don’t even have the strength to fight anymore.

Other members is having their own issues as well..she can’t talk about this with others..she will only add on their burden..

If only Yookyung is still here with them..

If only she didn’t agree to the stupid show..

If only she choose arts rather than singings..

If only she listen to her mother words and didn’t pursue her dream to be an idol..

If only she is the artists Son Na Eun not the Apink Naeun..

There are too many if only that keep replay in her head and her eyes start to feel heavy.

The two girls fall asleep comfortably on Naeun bed, facing each other with Hayoung left hand hug Naeun.. Somehow, Naeun feel comfortable expressing her emotion to Hayoung..


Hayoung didn’t realize when they fall asleep.. but one thing she knew… whoever ringing her phone right now is disturbing her beauty sleep.

She groggily answer her phone and she almost fell from the bed. The boys are crazy…

It is already 1am and the boys are waiting in front of their house..

She cursed them in her head and walked lazily to the front door and open them slowly...- afraid she will wake another member-

Sehun and Kai smile shyly upon seeing angry Hayoung behind the door… Sehun clear his throat, trying to say something but nothing come out.. Kai blink his eyes innocently and scratch his non-itchy head..trying to say something to the angry magnae.

“Go home. She fall asleep after crying. Why did you bother come anyway?? You don’t even pick up your phone after god knows how many times she tried to contact you guys. Just go home.” Hayoung glared each of them.

“Ou-our beautiful Hayoungie is even more beautiful when she just wake up..right Sehun?”Kai nudged Sehun..who is busy analyzing the situation based on Hayoung expression.

Sehun nodded along. Well.. they already bought something on their way there..they need to bribe someone to get in the dorm anyway.

Sehun shoved a big size grocery bag contains of variety of chocolates, ice creams with different flavours and cookies.

“Consider this as our way to thanks you for always being around her when we can’t”

“Oppa! Do you think you can enter our room with foods..chincha~ I can’t believe you guys..plus everyone is sleeping right n-..mmfff” Kai immediately put his hand on Hayoung mouth when he realize her voice keep raising after every words.

“Do you wanna wake up the whole building.. keep it down Hayoung-ah..”Kai keep his hand on Hayoung mouth while talking with his eyes moving around to make sure no one is around.

Sehun remove Kai’s hand from Hayoung

“Look..Hayoungie.. oppa know this is absurd but we really can’t pick up our phone that time.. we are busy on something and there’s nothing we can do to get out of the situation. We came here immediately after we finished our business”. Sehun look directly in Hayoung eyes..pleading her to let them in.

While Hayoung is calculating whether to let them in or not, Kai show her his driving license.

DRIVING LICENSE!!????

She looks at them simultaneously.

“This is the important matter that we attend today…”

“We will bring you anywhere you want but please let us in..we need to see her” plead Kai

Hayoung sigh defeatedly, move aside to let them in and direct them to her room  while mumbling.

Sehun and Kai can only pick up a few words. Something like “comment”,”hurt”,”unnie”,”take care”, “lotteworld” and “promise”..

Kai ruffled her hair and smile thankfully when she opened the door to her and Naeun room.


Naeun stirred in her sleep and she realizes Hayoung is not beside her. She gets out of the bed to check if Hayoung is on her bed. But she is nowhere in their room.

Naeun grab her hair band and tying her hair when the door opened revealing Hayoung – and her bestfriends!

Hayoung froze in her spot.. and get pushed by the two boys who didn’t even realize Naeun is awake.

“Ah!the goddess already awake”

“Shut up oppa.”

“Why are we whispering?”

“Unnie.. I will be in the living room.. take your time..plus oppa buy lots of foods..”hayoung smiled sweetly while waving her hand making her way out of the room closing the door silently.

Sehun is the first one to make his way to her and hug her tightly.

“We are very sorry we don’t  answer your phone, we a-“

Sehun speech is cut off when Naeun push his body back so she can see his face.

“Aniya..i know you guys are busy than ever but I was just trying my luck..but my emotion get over me and I can’t stop myself from keep calling you guys. I am the one at fault and I am sorry” Naeun can feel her tears threaten to fall again.

Kai then grab her shoulder and make her look at him.  She can’t stop her tears. Kai wipes her tears with his thumb.

“Naeun-ah, we know the real you. Stop pretending. We are friends right? We already told you not to read all those negative comments! Why are you still reading it?!” Kai scold her.

He is hurting seeing how bad Naeun conditions right now.

“I can’t help myself..they keep on appearing one after another.. do you think I don’t know that? I keep myself away from SNS and almost everything! I never update anything about me, because I am afraid of those comments! But you know what.. even when I pretend not to see it..they will always find ways to shove them down my throat!”Naeun fired back.

..and her tears keep on flowing..Kai weakly released her shoulder when he realized how scared she is.

“We already knew this is the things we are going to go through when we choose this path aren’t we? We knew it gets harder for you when Yookyung leaves..but cant you see she is rooting for you girls.. she is telling how well she is by updating her pictures so you don’t get sad…Naeun-ah, you can’t make everyone loves you but you can always love back the one who loves you..right?” Sehun pat her hair..signalling her everything is alright now they are here with her.

Naeun feels like someone smack her head hard. She feels like she is living in other people life all this time.

“Naeunnie..be yourself..even then if people still hating you let them .. because you are who you are.. to pretend is easy but to live the pretending life is hard…when we can love the real you.. I believe others will too” Kai smiled sweetly while telling those words to Naeun.

Naeun raised her head up and wipe her tears. she just realized how ungrateful she is…and she cried again full of regret …

Kai and Sehun called for a group hug..and Naeun is sandwich between them..

She is thankful for everyone around her.. she is thankful for having APINK with her..she is thankful to the fans who protect her..she is thankful for those hurtful words for she can realize what she is missing right now.. and she is thankful to these two handsome guys…

--- who is still having group hug??

“Yah! Aren’t you two going to leave yet??”

“Wow!!Son Naeun after all those hardships we had to go through to come here you just chase us out like that??Unbelieveable!” Sehun said while rolling her eyes.

“Everyone! Let have fun somewhere else.. how about a picnic at Han River in 4am while eating fried chicken??”

Hayoung surprised them with her presence after she eavesdrop their conversation..

 Well, she can’t leave her goddess unnie with two gorgeous go—what is she saying?? They are a mere human being! She must be affected after listening to them for so long..

Kai and Sehun agreed in a blink of eyes..leaving Naeun who laughing at them and only agreed after Hayoung,Sehun and Kai threat to tickles her until she say yes.


Sehun and Kai is waiting for the girls in the car..its Kai turn to drive..

Naeun can’t believe her eyes..she taught she is the one that is going to drive when Sehun and Kai smugly show their driving license to her.

Hayoung is surprised to see the talkative Naeun and she even think Naeun can pass Namjoo in excessive facial expression..Naeun is the happiest when she is being herself and Hayoung know she will never regret her decision to allow Oh Sehun and Kim Jongin enter their room today.

---or maybe until HaNa knows what awaits them when they went back home.

 

-THE END-

 ^o^ how is it?? i've already warned you..this is long didn't i??


Writer's note:

  • I really love Hayoung x Naeun and Sehun x Naeun x Kai
  • I got this idea after seeing people condemning naeun on her singing in 2nd fanmeeting..
  • One cannot always make everyone around them happy with everything ..isnt it?
  • CONGRATULATIONS to sekaido too for getting their driving license..i think naeun have hers because of the photo she update during voting day..