It Begins Now

Thanks To Him

I felt a tap on my shoulder. I turned around and sighed. This guy again... I looked at the guy from earlier that’s so full of himself, L.Joe. “What do you want now?” I grumpily asked him as I closed my locker after getting my things.

“Just let me bring you to class.” he simply stood behind me and said.

I turned around to face him. “Really now?”

L.Joe just placed his hand against my locker making the distance between us shorter, "Do you even know where to go?" He asked confidently, knowing that you were the 'new student' to which you wouldn't know your way around the school just yet.

He did have a point. Although I was able to make my way around the school, I forgot where specific classes were. I sighed and looked away in defeat, "Fine."

After hearing me giving in, he had already started walking as if he knew that I was going to eventually agree to his simple request. 

"Yah, don't you have to get your stuff in your locker?" I called him since I was a bit behind. Psh, telling me to let him bring me to class yet he’s walking ahead of me?

"No need, I haven't opened my locker since. It's probably filled with love letters for all I know." he replied as if it was nothing and continued to walk. 

Why did I even bother asking him? Psh, love letters? For this guy? I catched up to him and continued to walk beside him. "I don't believe you." I accidentally blurted out.

He smirked. "Do you really want me to open my locker for you?", he coolly placed his hands in his pockets.

"First of all, why would people send YOU letters?" I emphasized ‘you’. 

"You're really different from other girls," he smirked, "good to know." 

I rolled my eyes. "Just bring me to my class already." I answered, irritated. 

He stopped in front of a class. Finally. "Happy?"

I went infront of the door and was about to knock.

"Yah, no 'Thanks L.Joe' or 'I really appreciate you saving me earlier and showing me where my class is'? I heard him complain behind me. 

I turned around, "Thanks.", I smiled sarcastically. 

He raised an eyebrow, "Really? That's it?" 

I sighed and knocked on the door. I was still able to feel L.Joe's presence though. Doesn’t he need to get to class too? The door swinged open and all eyes were on me. 

"Do you happen to be Park Hyemi?" the teacher asked me. I nodded. "Please come in."

I entered the class. It was filled with nothing but silence. Only whispers were being exchanged from one student to another.

The teacher sat comfortably at his desk. "Please introduce yourself." 

Ugh, I hated this part of being a new student. I sighed as I turned to face the class and noticed, from the corner of my eye, L.Joe. He's in my English class? Whatever, let's get this over with. "Hi, my name is Park Hyemi and I'm a new student at this school. I hope I can get to know all of you well and pass a great year." I simply smiled and bowed to the class. I noticed L.Joe's confused expression from the corner of my eye. What's up with him?

"You can take a seat next to...”

"She'll be sitting next to me." L.Joe's voice interrupted the teacher. 

My eyes widened at what he said. Even the class was surprised. Some of them even sent me death glares. 

"Uhm, okay. If that's okay with you, Hyemi." the teacher said to me, looking a bit worried. 

"Of course it's okay with her." I heard L.Joe say then grab my hand. I didn't know how to react to this. I sat down at the back next to L.Joe. I think I was as confused as the other students in this class. Even the teacher look surprised. But... Why did the teacher just let him have his way? He didn’t even say anything to L.Joe for being late. More whispers were spreading across the room but this time I actually heard some of them. 

"Isn't that the girl from this morning?" a girl said. 

"I think so…" another whispered back. 

The teacher interrupted after the many students started gossiping. "Okay that's enough.” The students stopped talking and the teacher immediately continued his class. 

I took out my notebook and started writing down whatever was on the board. 

"You're really going to write this down?" I turned to see L.Joe with his head onto of his crossed arms just staring at me.

"Yeah, why aren't you?" 

He just looked at me weird and made that 'I don't know' motion with his shoulders. 

Girls kept looking back at me. What’s their problem? Did they never have a new girl at their school? Well, sorta new. They weren’t just looking, the ones that were glaring at me earlier continued to shoot me death glares. I remembered some of these girls, I’m glad that one girl isn’t. I forgot what her name was.

The teacher kept talking about the lesson. The people that kept looking back at me earlier stopped and listened attentively to the teacher. I, on the other hand, stopped and just looked outside the window. I started remembering different times at this school. From this window, I was able to see the lake where we all used to go.

 

-Flashback-

We held hands as we walked to the lake with the others.

“______-ah!” I heard Ricky’s voice calling me.

I looked back and gave him a confused look. “Yeah?”

He bent down to pick up something. “You dropped this.” He held up the keychain that was supposed to be attached to my phone.

Jay turned back and saw the keychain too. He looked at me and pouted, “Yah, you’re so clumsy, you better not really lose it.”

“My bad,” I bit my lip. Ricky gave it to me and I attached back to my phone. “Thanks Ricky.”

He smiled happily, “No problem,” he went to join the rest that were already at our usual spot.

Jay stopped walking. I tried pulling him to walk forward so we can join the others but that didn’t work. He let go on my hand and I suddenly felt his arms around my waist. That caught me off guard. His head was on my shoulder. The view was pretty from here, the sun shining as bright as ever reflected onto the calm lake making it sparkle. With a slight breeze, the sound of the water hitting the rocks lightly sounded calming.

“Pretty isn’t it?” Jay pointed out as he also looked at the lake.

“Yeap. Very.” I agreed with him.

We stayed like that for a while. We both smiled just standing here but he started poking my stomach to tickle me.

“Yah!” I got out of his grip and ran from him. I saw him chasing me. I was now where the rest were.

I felt Jay grab my wrist and he pulled me to his side. He just smiled and left his arm around my waist as he looked towards the rest.

“The couple is finally here.” CAP pointed out and smirked he sat on the sand. Niel and Chunji sat beside him.

“Whose turn is it today to buy lunch?” I asked them.

All of them looked at Ricky. He just grinned.

He went up to me and grabbed my wrist. “Sorry Jay-hyung, I’m borrowing your girlfriend again.” He started bringing me to the mall that was close by. We always pick partners to buy lunch every day and every time it’s Ricky’s turn, he always picks me. Out of all of them besides Jay, I felt closest to Ricky so I didn’t mind and neither did Jay.

I turned my head to see Jay stand there with crossed arms.  

“Yah! She better come back the way she left!” Jay jokingly threatened him. I giggled at what he said.

“Don’t worry hyung! She always does when we go buy lunch!” Ricky replied with a giant smile across his face.

I saw Jay, he smiled and shook his head. He waved and made a heart with his hands. I couldn’t help but smile back.

“Love you too hyung!” Ricky jokingly replied and formed a heart with his arms.

“That was for ______ by the way!” Jay responded and just bit his lip while smiling.

Oh my gosh, these two sometimes. I sighed and just covered my face with my hand to cover my unstoppable smiling.

-End of Flashback-

 

The bell finally rang, waking me up from my thoughts. I picked up my books and noticed L.Joe sleeping. "Lazy sleepy head." I scoffed and left him there as I walked out the classroom. 


[ L.Joe's POV ] 

I woke up and noticed everyone in the class gone. I looked beside me and noticed Hyemi was gone too. Damnit, where'd she go? I got my backpack and left class. I rushed my way up the stairs, straight to her locker. There she was with some guy. Who is that guy? He slightly turned. It was U-Kwon. Oh, maybe that story going around the school was true. I don't usually see him around girls besides that one girl that's always with his group. Well, even if that story about him is true, I’m not going to let him do that again.

I was about to go but I felt something cling onto me. I looked and noticed a girl I was flirting with the other day. 

"Oppa, where were you this morning? I couldn't find you." this girl said and pouted. Honestly, I forgot what her name was. 

"I was busy, now let go of me." I shook her arm off me. 

She gave me a confused look, "Oppa, you're acting strange."

I looked over these other girls that were surrounding me. Good, Hyemi is still at her locker. She’s still with that U-Kwon guy though.

"Oppa will talk to you later, go with your friends or something." I flashed her a fake smile. 

She happily smiled. "Okay." she finally left. 

Some other girls tried clinging on to me but I just shrugged them off and they finally gave up.

"L.Joe!" I heard someone call my name. I turned around and saw Jay. Oh, that’s why the all the girls left.

"Hey Jay, what's up?" I noticed him holding something. "What's that?”

"Just a wallet," he said and showed it, "Some girl dropped it earlier but I can't find her. Not that I've tried to yet."

"Oh, I see. Is she hot?" I asked him and winked. 

He laughed a bit, "Shut up L.Joe. I'm not like you," he smirked and playfully punched my arm. "You might want to help though, she's pretty cute." he added and chuckled. 

The bell rang. 

"Anyways, I'll see you later." he nodded his head and left. 

Pretty cute, huh? I'll be the judge of that. 


Jay's POV

I stared blankly at the wallet while my teacher was writing on the board. I wanted to look inside it but I had no right to do so. How can a girl just drop her wallet without noticing? "Stupid girl," I mumbled. 

 

Ricky's POV

I looked on my left and saw Jaebum-hyung talking to a wallet. He looked kind of irritated.

"Yah! Hyung!" I whispered. Jay turned to look at me. 

"What?" he mouthed. 

"What's that?" I pointed at the wallet. 

His eyes widened. "It's not mine." he quickly answered and just dropped the wallet onto his desk.

Uhm, okay then. "Can I see it?" I asked him. 

He threw it carelessly and it landed on my desk. I picked it up. I was about to open it but I wanted to ask Jay-hyung first. I was about to ask but he was already sleeping with his face on top his crossed arms. 

I opened it as I took small glances at Jay every once in a while just in case he woke up. It looked like a typical girl's wallet. OH, AN ID CARD! Jackpot! I excitedly smiled to myself. I slowly slid it out and saw a picture. Awe, she's so cute. I looked at Jay, okay good he's still sleeping. I continued to look at the girl's picture and started to notice something. I couldn’t figure out exactly what about the picture seemed odd to me. I continued to examine it.

Wait a minute… Is that...? My eyes widened. 

'Name : Park Hyemi' 

Oh, I guess I was wrong...