Relations

Thanks To Him

 

[ Beginning of 2nd Period ]

Jay got to class right as the bell rang once he stepped foot inside. The teacher sighed and let him walk to his seat silently. As Jay sat down and placed his backpack on his desk, he noticed that you were not present in class which was quite odd since he cannot recall a day when you were absent. L.Joe did change your schedule so you wouldn't be in any of the same classes as Yukwon's but only your gym and science classes haven't changed meaning that you're still in Jay's science class and also his science partner. He shrugged, thinking you had something important other than school to do. He crossed his arms on his desk and laid his head to nap. 

[ Flashback ]

'Gmorning ________, hope you've been feeling better. Will I get to see you today? ^^” Give me a call if anything.’

Jay texted you completely oblivious of your plans to leave the school today once you get some of your personal belongings from your locker. He didn't suspect anything. You did a pretty good job hiding the fact that you were leaving. Hiding it from the guy who lifted you off your feet and the guy that you have strong feelings for. Butterflies. Sparks. You succeeded. You haven’t even spoken to any of them yet he hasn’t stopped trying to contact you. There was even one night where he went to your house and threw rocks at your window. You knew it was him. You just never bothered to open the window. It’s not that you didn’t want to talk to him or see him. It was because of what was happening. You thought it was better that way. To just ignore him.

Finally, he got to school hoping to see you at your locker today, only to find Ricky standing there completely dumbfounded. 

"Morning Ricky, are you okay?" Jay asked as he walked up to him not knowing about what had just happened just moments ago. Luckily, you were able to leave the school just in time so that you wouldn't bump into Jay or any of the guys. 

"_______... She left... She just... Left." Ricky's voice wasn't as steady as he hoped for it to be. He couldn't believe why. The reason behind the fact that you're leaving. 

"What are you talking about? Which way did she go?" Jay asked, not as panicky as Ricky. He didn't understand what Ricky was trying to say even with his shaky tone. 

"She's not here anymore... She really left... I don’t think she’s coming back." he tried explaining, but still gave the same reply with just different words. It hurt him to say that last sentence. If you were there, you would be able to see it in Ricky's eyes the hurt he was feeling. He knew something was wrong concerning you due to your absence, he just didn't know the situation you were in. None of them did. 

Jay's mind took a while to register what he was trying to say but then it finally hit him. His mouth slightly fell open and his eyes narrowed to her locker. Surprisingly the padlock was still there. You left it there, locked. He rushed to it, accidentally pushing Ricky to the side. He tried doing the combination, but he couldn't get it. Just like you, out of frustration, he let it go, making a loud noise as the padlock strikes the locker. That only made the scene even more obvious. Whispers all around, classmates calling their friends as they slowly gathered around from a distance. He sighed and looked at Ricky. 

"You know her combination, right?" 

Ricky nods and opens the padlock in one shot without hesitation, then steps away to let Jay check inside her locker. He scans it thoroughly and notices that it only has your school books now. But where you usually placed all of your pictures with you and the guys, there was only one you left behind. It was a group picture with all of them at the lake. He also notices the jacket he let you borrow a while back that you never returned. He takes a deep breath then looks at the ground trying to hold in what he was feeling at that moment. He roughly closes your locker shut causing complete silence throughout the whole hallway. For some reason, Jay started feeling even more frustrated but to the point where he started getting angry. Things took its toll to the worst and his anger shifted towards Ricky. He grabbed onto Ricky’s collar with both of his hands tightly gripping which made it hard for Ricky to breathe.

“Why didn’t you do anything to stop her?” he growled and looked at him with tense eyes as if he was going to really hurt him. Something that Ricky hasn’t witnessed before.

Ricky bit his lip, frightened by Jay. “She told me not to, okay?” Ricky scoffed back at Jay which surprised him more than it surprised Jay. “It’s about time someone actually listens to her.” He said, still thinking that your reason for leaving was because of Jay even though you clearly said it wasn’t. It wasn’t Ricky’s fault either so he didn’t understand why he was getting blamed.

Jay pushed him on the lockers, pinning him, still holding on to his collar causing Ricky to slightly wince in pain. “You’re trying to say this is all my fault? Are you serious? Do you even know what you’re saying now?” He asked in disbelief with a glare piercing Ricky.

“There they are!” Changjo said once he turned the corner followed by the rest of the guys.

They all rushed to both of them as they noticed what was happening. CAP and Niel pulled Jay away from Ricky. Chunji and Changjo stayed in front of Ricky just in case Jay would do anything else.

“Yah! We heard what happened but don’t put your anger on Ricky.” CAP scolded him. Jay’s eyes looked away, taking a deep breath then unclenching his fists.

...He’s right. I can’t blame Ricky, Jay thought to himself. He broke out of Niel and CAP’s grip and started walking towards the exit, relieving his anger by punching a locker on the way out only leaving small wounds on his knuckles.


[ End of Flashback ]


~~~~~~~~~


"Yes dad. I know that already. I'll go right after school." L.Joe complained as he talked to his dad over the phone. "Do I really? ...I guess I can today. Pft, I never said I'd do that though. ...No thanks. Bye." he hanged up while he stood behind a tree as he tried to watch what you were up to. To his surprise, that's when you were heading back to school. He watched you as you hastily walked back with a hesitant yet relieved smile on your face and holding onto your IDs firmly. L.Joe couldn't tell what they were though. His eyes glistened as he saw your smile, blinding him from seeing anything else besides you. 

"Where did she even go?" L.Joe asked himself suspiciously. As he grew curious, he started retracing your footsteps, leading his way from where he saw you come from. The lake. He didn't seem to have noticed L at first until he heard rocks skipping against the steady lake. Unconsciously, L.Joe started walking towards him already feeling uneasy. 

L turned his head making his hair smoothly move against the wind as he heard footsteps approaching him. He knew it wasn't you since the footsteps were much heavier and the pace was different and less hesitant. 

"So how long have you been standing there?" L asked as he turned back to the lake, skipping stones effortlessly as they skip countless times. 

Something didn't feel right according to L.Joe but he couldn't figure out what it was. "Long enough to witness everything." he lied, hoping that L would just reveal everything since he didn't even witness a single thing besides you leaving the lake. 

L smirked, not believing a word. He turned around and looked at L.Joe. The eye contact between them both was tense but only on L.Joe's side. L didn't seem affected. 

"Well then, I guess you know everything now, huh? What do you think?" L looked briefly at the lake but then back at him. He examined his eyes, wondering if he actually knew and saw everything. L was able to confirm that, just by looking at him in the eyes. He knew that L.Joe was lying. "Nothing to say, huh?" L paused and stretched his arms out. "Well I guess my job here is done." he unrolled his sleeves since the cold wind was slowly getting to him. He didn't notice how cold it was since he gave you his blazer. He started double thinking if cutting class was the right idea at this moment. 'Maybe I should go back for third period.'

"Wait." 

L stops his footsteps as he hears L.Joe behind him. "Hmm?" L nonchalantly says, his back still facing him. 

"Why was Hyemi here? What's your relation with her? I didn't even know you knew her."

A grin struck L's face and L.Joe felt it without even seeing it. As much as he was irritated by him, he couldn't do anything stupid to L.

"Why don't you just ask her? You seem closer to her than you are to me." 

L proceeds to walk away, not knowing if he's going back to school yet. 

Left behind was L.Joe, restraining himself with his fists balled up tightly just waiting to punch something. He roughly brushes his hair back, only making it fall back in place making it look like bed hair. Making his hair somewhat very attractive. 


>>

Jay went to the cafeteria to meet up with the others after throwing his books in his locker. Pacing quickly as he reminds himself to tell the guys about your true identity which isn't Hyemi but _______, you. Unintentionally, Jay slams the lunch table with both of his palms making all of them jump. 

"Uhh... Something wrong Jay?" Chunji asked, slightly frightened. 

He bites his lip, realizing how that might've given them the wrong intention of what he wants to tell them. He sits down carefully and takes a deep breath. "You guys won't believe who's back." he says. 

They all look at him with curious anticipating eyes, simply waiting for him to just tell them. 

"Hyemi is _______." 

Niel drops the juicebox he was sipping on with a surprised expression that covered the faces of all the others. All of them except Ricky. 

"...What."

"I KNEW IT!" Chunji clasps his hands together as if he won a prize. "I knew she looked familiar."

"Too familiar."

"How are you so sure?" 

Ricky nodded pretending to only find out now too and simply sat there while the others commented. He already knew that it was you. He just casually continued to eat his sandwich and nonchalantly looked away, outside the window near their table. 

Jay noticed this and it bothered him. He sat beside Ricky. Ricky knew Jay was going to say something. 

"Ricky..."

He hummed 'uh-oh' with food in his mouth and concentrated his gaze on his sandwich. 

"You knew?" Jay raised an eyebrow at him. 

Ricky scratched the back of his neck, still looking at his sandwich. 

"Yah, don't tell me you knew and didn't bother telling us."

He half smiled. "Well it was kinda hard not to know it was her. I'm just surprised I figured out before you." his eyes met with Jay's, an unsure look in Ricky's eyes. 

Jay's lips pressed against each other and his gaze shifted elsewhere. He brushed his hair back out of habit. He was surprised and disappointed in himself for not knowing sooner too. "...I just didn't want to believe it, that's all." Only a part of that sentence was true. Half of him wanted it to be her, but the other half of him didn't want it to be her.

Silence immersed amongst the table only making the atmosphere feeling a bit tense.

As minutes passed, Ricky's gaze suddenly fixated in a certain direction. His pupils dilated almost instantly, growing the curiosity in Jay's mind. He followed it with his own and saw you who just walked into the cafeteria as your hair flowed elegantly with the rhythm of your pace. He looked back at Ricky. 

"Yah, don't forget she's still mine."

"Yeah I know. That doesn't mean I can't look at her." Ricky looked at you forming crescent moon eyes as they glistened just watching you. A smile curved his lips, knowing that Jay was looking at him. Ricky was just teasing him. 

"Yah, at least make it less obvious. That girl thinks you're looking at her." Jay scolded him but only to laugh afterwards as he saw the girl look back at Ricky. 

Ricky's eyes widened and looked away once he noticed that he was giving another girl the wrong impression when he was clearly looking at you. He buried his face in the palms of his hands to awkwardly avoid the girl's gaze. 

"Wait so..." Chunji suddenly said making Ricky forget his embarrassing moment that just occurred. All of their attention went to Chunji. 

He looked unsure whether or not he should ask but it was something that was going to be mentioned sooner or later. And to him, sooner seemed like the best choice. Especially for Jay.

After he bit his lip and put much thought into what he was going to say, he looked at Jay. Chunji felt uneasy as he remembered the image of you and Jay together. It wasn't because he liked you or anything. He didn't like you in that way. He liked you as a friend and nearly as a sister. He took a deep breath and finally let it out. 

"What are you going to do about L.Joe? Because... He likes her too. I think you know that since he's been bragging about her almost since the first week she got here. Also..." he pauses. "You've been kinda helping him with her. It'd be weird if you go for her after you said you wouldn't. He might take it the wrong way."

"That's because I didn't know it was her. If I knew from the start that it was her then I would've never even let him get close to her in any way. Not with the way he's been with girls." Jay said truthfully. 

"But Chunji's right. L.Joe might take it the wrong way..." Niel agreed with him only making Jay feel bad about this whole thing. 

"And it seems like he really likes her... He's been stubbornly liking her. Not like before where he'd like a girl weekly." Chunji added as the rest listened, nodding their heads to the facts that were being stated between them. 

They were right. Jay knows that. He's not even sure what he's going to do. He's never seen L.Joe so serious about a girl. Out of all girls, why does he have to like her? He continuously thought to himself. 

"Didn't it start off as a bet though?" CAP was the only one to mention. All of them completely forgot that this so called 'bet' was the main reason L.Joe tried making you like him. 

"Oh yeah..." Niel nodded as he remembered hearing about that. "Doesn't seem like only a bet now."

"...What was the bet exactly? He only told me about it a little so it was pretty vague." Jay suddenly wanted to know. L.Joe only told him that he had to make you like him but the others made it sound like he had to do more than that.

"Well L..."

Something in Jay reacted when Chunji just mentioned his name. At this point, Jay didn't trust L at all. 

"He made a bet with L.Joe that he wouldn't be able to make the 'new girl' like him. The 'new girl' being _______." Chunji paused as he took a glance of Jay then looked away as he continued. "The weird thing is that, it was a really random bet. L didn't even know about the new girl until L.Joe mentioned it. Anyways, L.Joe took the bet as a joke and just went along with it. That's pretty much how that started."

The guys noticed Jay's fists clench when Chunji mentioned the word 'joke'. 

"I guess he's the one losing the bet now." Changjo suddenly spoke. 

Jay turned away, suddenly uninterested in the subject. He didn't want to stop his own best friend from going for the girl he likes a lot. But since the girl he was going for was you, he felt like he had advantage over him. 

"What's happening here?" L.Joe's voice interrupted the group's mood and Jay's thoughts. 

All of them simply looked at L.Joe who was completely clueless about what the group was just talking about minutes ago. He sat down normally, ignoring the fact that none of them answers his question. 

Once he sat down, Jay stood up not being able to stand L.Joe's presence right now. He held it in, not showing anything obvious signs to L.Joe but the rest of the guys knew and they understood. 

"I'm skipping the rest of the day so don't wait up, I'll see you guys after school." 

L.Joe looked over his shoulder watching Jay walk out of the cafeteria with both hands in his pockets. Jay took a quick glance of you who stood at the entrance of the cafeteria coincidentally where Jay was heading. 

You looked up at him, caught off guard, holding on tightly to the chest of the blazer covering you. It belonged to L and you didn't want Jay to see L's name stitched onto the blazer. That's the reason you were there, you were going to sit at the table where Block B and Sierra was but you remember you had his blazer. 

"What are you doing here?" Jay said coldly, accidentally keeping the thoughts of L.Joe in his mind. He cleared his throat, hoping you wouldn't take it the wrong way. 

"Uhh..."

"We had another lab in science so we need to catch up next class since you weren't there. Make sure you don't skip again."

You bit your lip as you felt caught that he knew you missed class. You looked down but Jay saw your expression only making him smile.

You looked back up but he quickly changed expression. "So where are you going? There still 40 minutes before third period." 

He was surprised by your sudden curiosity. "I'm leaving early, I'll be back after school though." 

"Oh, okay." you simply nodded. "Sorry for not being there in science class, we could've got some work done." you looked down apologetically which made Jay feel bad. 

"Don't worry about it." he smiled it off and this time you looked up to see it which made you smile back. Jay slightly turned his head to your table of friends and his, they were all watching. His gaze turned back to you. "I'll see you later, okay?" a hinting smile curved his lips, trying to hold in what he was feeling. He felt happy to know that you were okay since you weren't in class. 

You nodded with rosy cheeks, "Bye bye." you watched him walk out the cafeteria and took a deep breath as you let go of the blazer. You take it off right away before you cause any misunderstanding and neatly fold it on an empty spot on the lunch table. Just as you finish folding it you feel someone's presence beside you again. You look from the corner of your eye and see L with no uniform on but still with his white polo and wife beater. 

"I thought you weren't coming for the rest of the day." you said as you turned to him and blinked a few times to make sure it was him. 

"Changed my mind. Did you eat yet?" he asked you with a smile. 

You shook your head. "Not yet. By the way, here's your blazer. I hope you weren't too cold outside." you handed his folded blazer to him. 

He held in his cough to hide the fact that he had a cold. "I was fine, you looked colder than I was outside." 

"Anyways, I should go see my friends now. I think they're waiting for me." you looked from your peripherals and saw them watching your every move. 

"Oh okay, well see you around." he waved and walked off. 

What am I going to tell them? You asked yourself as you slowly made your way back to your table. 

"What was that about?" P.O asked you as you sat down, still thinking of what to say. "And why'd you have L's blazer?"

"You guys were watching the whole time?" 

They nodded. 

"Oh, it was nothing."

"What happened this morning wasn't nothing." Zico pointed out. 

Your eyes widened as you forgot that even happened. The fact that L kissed you. "I completely forgot about that, to be honest. I think its better that way than making a big deal out of it." That was the only way to convince yourself because L really didn't seem like that type of guy. You now had this soft spot for him. 

The rest just nodded and continued with what they were talking about before you came to the table. You tried figuring it out but gave up so you took your phone out of your pocket and suddenly got a text message from L.Joe. 

'Hey, do you know what's up with Jay?'

You grew curious to his text. He looked fine when I saw him earlier. 

'No I don't know, why is there something wrong?'

He texted back, almost instantly. 

'I think he's mad at me. He left once I got to the table.'

Mad? He didn't look mad.

'Oh, maybe you're just paranoid. Jay tends to do that sometimes.'

You texted back, only realizing seconds after that you typed his name like that, 'Jay'. You usually called him Jaebum because you had to in order to protect your identity. You convinced yourself that L.Joe didn't notice since he didn't reply. 

>>

You went back to your locker to get your books for 3rd period only to be greeted by L.Joe who randomly popped up beside as you walked towards it. 

"Oh, Hi L.Joe." you awkwardly wave at him, finally getting to your locker and doing your combination. You open it on your first try but you're surprised, not by the fact that you got it on your first try but because L.Joe wasn't saying anything. 

"Is something wrong? If it’s about Jay then-"

"How do you know L?"

You felt lost for words as you looked at L.Joe. You weren't sure how to answer. "Well, we have some of the same classes together... And we go to the same school..." You couldn't think of anything else. You weren't even sure. 

L.Joe sighed and bit his lip. You looked away as you felt your cheeks slightly warm up at the sight of him doing that. 

"Did you know him before you transferred to this school?"

He wasn't the only one that wanted to know the answer to that question, so did you. "Apparently I did, but I don't remember him." 

"Oh..." was the only thing that L.Joe said. 

"We should get going to class now, let's go?" you say to get rid of the awkwardness. He nods and walks beside you silently as he tries to connect the dots to your relation with L but he still can't figure it out. 

You continued to walk, oblivious to what was going on in L.Joe's mind. 

>>

As the teacher continued to speak about an upcoming project, your eyes couldn't help but struggle to stay open. L noticed and chuckled at you. How cute. A smile formed as he shifted his attention back to the teacher's instructions. 

You finally give up, letting your tired state get the best of you as your head slowly drops on your crossed arms. 

[ Flashback ]

You're sitting in the school library as your studying for the upcoming exam week. Your hair tied into a messy bun as you skim through your books trying to collect the important information that you might need for your exam. 

"Yah, you should take a break. The library is closing soon." 

You hear a guy's voice and you look up but couldn't see his face clearly. It wasn't because you couldn't see it but because your mind chose not to reveal the person's face. 

"But I need to make sure I pass." You whine as you continue to take notes while you read. 

"At this rate, you'll murder your exam. You've been studying so much and you always pass. Let's go do something fun. It's about time you take a break from studying." He says which was true; you've been studying way more than any normal person does. 

You pout at your best friend. "But-"

"Enough 'but's" he interrupts you and places his hand over your to stop you from writing. "Let's go watch a movie or something. Or we can go to that bakery you always wanted to go to." 

You smile as he still remembers that. You sigh, pretending you still don't want to go. "Okay fine, let me just finish one chapter." 

"Yah!" he playfully whines. 

"I'm just joking, gosh." You laugh as you reorganize you books and neatly place them in your bag. You look up at him. "Let's go?"

"Finally. You're so slow." 

"If you keep complaining I'm going to start studying again." you threatened, attempting to grab a book from your back. 

He continues to give his daring stare so you take out your book and open it but he swiftly grabs it from your hands and runs further away. 

"Yah Kim Myungsoo!" you accidentally shout, forgetting that you were inside a library. You look around covering your mouth and saw the librarian making the 'Sh!' sign with her index finger. You bow apologetically and ran towards Myungsoo who was giggling at you for screaming in the library. 


[ End of Flashback ] 

You suddenly wake up to the voice of someone calling your name. 

"Hyemi."

You rubbed your eyes and saw Chunji holding something and handing it to you. 

"You dropped this." 

You gently grabbed it. "Thanks."

"No problem." he turned around and thought to himself. Yeap, that's _______,

On the other hand, you sat at your desk with your back against the back of your chair. You try to picture the person's face that was blurred in your dream. You couldn't but you got a name. 'Kim Myungsoo'. It did ring a bell but you just couldn't figure out who that was. 

You sigh heavily, dumbfounded by your dream. 

Kim Myungsoo...