Not So Sure

Thanks To Him

 

"________."

I froze at the sound of my name. My heart started beating faster. I was scared to turn around but I wanted to know who this person was. Was it one of the people that are after my mom?

"I know it's you ________." the voice spoke again but it sounded more familiar. 

Whoever this guy was, he started pulling me somewhere. I heard a door open and noticed that we were now outside. 

He placed me on the wall and I finally got to see this guy. 

I squinted my eyes and looked at him. "... Jay?" I couldn't find anything else to say, I was completely speechless. Did he really notice that it's me?

He took of his mask then he looked at me and smiled, but there was something weird about him. He put both of his hands on my shoulders and just kept looking at me. I couldn't tell what he was thinking. 

"Jaebum-ah, I'm Hyemi and not ______. I think you have the wrong person." I lied of course; I can't let him know that it's me. 

He slightly tilted his head to the side and continued to stare at me. "I know it's you _______." he confidently said and smiled. 

Damn, that smile... I missed it so much. 

He spun me around and now he was the one with his back against the wall. I gave him a confused expression. He just kept that smile from earlier. 

As much as I didn't want to leave, I had to. "Jaebum-ah, I'm going back inside. Don't stay out too long, its cold here." I told him as I walked to the door but then I felt him wrap his arms around my waist and he pulled me close. I sighed and just bit my lip. 


Authors POV

He pulled her into a hug without hesitation. She was surprised by what he did but she was still confused about why he's doing this. 

He leaned against the wall, still holding on to ________. 

She didn't know how to react; she just stayed there in his arms. "Uhm, Jae---." she tried saying but he cut her off. 

"I missed you." the words flowed out of his mouth softly. His face was so close to hers that she was able to feel his breath on her cheek. That's when she noticed why he was like this. She smelled the alcohol in his breath. 

She was wondering if Jay would be able to remember anything tomorrow. She wasn't even sure if this was the real Jay talking right now. _______ was filled with mixed emotions. If this was the real Jay talking, that means he still might have feelings for her but she didn't want to get her hopes up. Her breathing felt heavier than before. The thoughts going through her mind made her remember what she did to Jay. Tears formed in her eyes but they never fell. 

He held on tighter and left his head on her shoulder with a sincere smile on his face. "I'm happy you're back." he calmly said. 

The words hit her. She couldn't take it anymore; she didn't dare to take a look at him. The memories that were flashing before her eyes were making her feel worst. She knew she had to get out of this situation before she breaks down. 

She furiously moved Jay's arms off her and made her way back to the party but she noticed the door opening so she stopped her steps. 

His hand grabbed hers, "Wait."

She bit her lip and turned her head to take a small glance of him. She sighed. 

"There you are!" Ricky's voice spoke. 


Your POV

"There you are!" I heard Ricky's voice. 

I immediately looked at the door and he was there. 

He then looked at me. "Oh, Hyemi-ah, what're you doing here?" he asked me. 

I looked down and blinked a few times to make my tears go away since it'd look weird if he saw me like that with Jay. "Oh, I was just getting some fresh air and noticed that he was here." I told him. 

"Ohh," Ricky just nodded, "thanks for taking care of him." 

I forced out a smile, "No problem." I was about to go but I forgot that Jay's hand was still holding mine. 

Ricky stood in front of Jay. "Why're you holding her hand Jay?" Ricky asked him, confused. 

"It's ______, she's back." Jay's voice replied to Ricky. "Look, she even has the keychain." he pointed at my pocket. Oh snap, I quickly stuffed my keychain in my pocket and luckily Ricky didn't notice. 

I tried looking confused. I can tell that Ricky was though. "Jay... That's Hyemi, not _______. And there is no keychain; I think you're just seeing things since you're not completely you at the moment." 

Oh my gosh, I hate this feeling. Ricky didn't look so great either. 

"Hyemi-ah, you can go back inside, I'll take care of him." he half smiled. 

I just nodded and went back inside. I closed the door behind me and now I was back in the gym. 

"There's my Pikachu." L.Joe's voice spoke on my left.

I wasn't in the mood to speak to him. I tried looking for the rest and spotted them in the same spot as before. 

"Where are you going? They're about to announce the winners." he said with a grin on his face. 

I just decided to join the rest. 

"Hey, where were you?" Sierra went beside me and asked. 

Jay and Ricky's facial expression came to mind when she asked. I blinked a few times to make it go away. "I was talking to some friends." I gave her a smile to cover it up. 

"Oh." she just nodded. 

"Tickets 111! Please join us on stage." I heard the speakers announce. I turned around and saw someone standing on the stage with a microphone. 

"Hyemi-ah, aren't you 111?" P.O asked me with his head tilted to the side. 

I took out my ticket out of my pocket and unfolded it. 111 was my number. 

"Oh it is! Go on stage then." Yukwon put both of his hands on my shoulders and started bringing me to the stage. 

As we made our way to the stage, everyone was just staring and whispering to each other. I bit my lip and only looked at the stage. 

The announcer noticed me on the side of the stage and came towards me. "You have one of the tickets?" she asked me. 

I just nodded and showed her. 

She just smiled and pulled me onto the stage. "Here's our first winner, now where's her prince in shining armor?" she playfully asked the crowd. 

Everyone looked around and waited for the other winner to get on stage. I looked too; I wanted to see who else won. 

There was music in the background playing it wasn't too loud. No one was coming on stage. I just but my lip and stood beside the announcer awkwardly. 

"I bet the other winner doesn't want to be paired up with you so they left!" I heard a girl from the crowd say. 

"Seriously, what kind of guy would want to be paired up with you?" another girl added. 

What they said didn't hurt me, it just irritated me. I wasn't sad at what they were saying but I didn't know what to do. 

At the end of the room I saw Ricky and Jay standing against the wall. Jay's hands remained in his pockets and he just continued to look at me. 

People continued to add up to what the other girls were saying so I just ignored it. 

I noticed Jay chuckle and he just smirked. I bit my lip and rolled my eyes at his smirk. 

"I mean, which guy would want to be your knight in shining armor?" some girl said with much attitude. 

"Me." a guy's voice spoke boldly and I heard his footsteps walk as it echoed on the stage. 

I noticed that the crowd with shocked expressions and they stayed silent. 

"Oh here he is! Here's your prince!" the announcer continued to hold onto my hand. 

I turned around to see the one and only self-centered L.Joe. I just chuckled. I bet he rigged this contest. 

He looked at me with a smile. 

The announcer noticed that smile and winked at me then looked at the crowd. "It's time for the couple pictures and here's your prizes." she said and handed us both an envelope. Very few people cheered but I wasn't surprised. The announcer then walked off stage leaving only me and L.Joe to stand there. 

I was about to open the envelope but L.Joe wrapped him arm around my waist and pulled me towards him. I just glared at him and pouted. 

He turned his head to look at me. "You do know that she's taking a picture." 

I still didn't look. I simply crossed my arms, not wanting a photo with this guy. 

"Oh come on, one picture with me won't hurt." L.Joe whispered in my ear. 

I looked in front and noticed that there was continuing flashes from the same camera so I smiled. I don't know why it kept going but I continued to smile. Just when I was thinking the picture taking would stop, I felt L.Joe lips land on my cheek. At that moment I just froze. I blinked a few times. I wanted to push this guy off the stage but then I'd have hundreds of fan girls ripping my hair off so I didn't. 

When I didn't feel his lips against my cheek anymore I turned my head to face him and glared. 

"You want one there too? Fine." he smirked and started leaning in. 

"Yah!" I whispered but shouted in a way and pushed his shoulder so he wouldn't be able to lean in. The flashing finally stopped. 

"One more simple picture now!" the one holding the camera said. 

His arm was still around my waist but we both turned to face the camera. I smiled again then the camera flashed. 

"I guess you have a new knight in shining armor now." I heard L.Joe say right after the last picture was taken. 

I took one look at L.Joe and continued to glare at him. He continued to grin. 

"You guessed wrong" I told him coldly and lightly pushed his arm of my waist and walked off the stage. The rest was there waiting for me. 

"Are you okay?" Sierra went up to me first and asked. 

"Yeap." I gave her a smile.

Yukwon came up to me. "So what'd you win?" he said with his smile. 

"I don't know yet." I said and looked at the envelope. 

"Open it!" Sierra said excitedly and clasped her hands together. 

As I was about to open the envelope I felt an arm wrap around my shoulder. I looked from the corner of my eye and saw L.Joe again. 

"You didn't open it yet?" L.Joe asked me then looked at the rest with a smirk. 

I didn't bother answering him and just continued to open my prize. 

"Can I just tell you what the prize is? You're taking forever opening it." he said as he impatiently waited. 

Zico stepped up in front of me. "Can you just leave her alone? She clearly doesn't want to talk to you."

I looked to check L.Joe's reaction. He just continued to smirk. 

"I'll see you tomorrow then." he turned his head to me with a curved smile. He unwrapped his arm off me and left.

Yukwon irritatedly looked at him then calmed when he turned to me. "Do you need help?" I heard Yukwon ask me. 

I shook my head. 


Ricky's POV

"He seems fine." Chunji said as he looked at Jay. 

"Yeah he does." CAP agrees with Chunji as he helped me bring him to the car. 

"So they weren't kidding about putting alcohol in the drinks." Changjo said and continue to walk beside me. 

"He's still pretty quiet." Niel added. "What made you think that he was really drunk?" 

I sighed. We all stood beside the car. They all just turned to me and looked confused probably thinking about that same question that Niel just asked. 

"He thought he saw ________." I said to them. They looked even more confused now. 

"Where'd he think he saw her?" Chunji was the first to ask. 

"Remember Hyemi?" I asked and looked at all of them. They were all thinking. Is it really only me and Jay that see their resemblances?

"Ohhh the new girl?" Chunji finally remembered. I nodded. "I guess they have their similarities but that's definitely not her."

"That's exactly what I was thinking." I mentioned and sat Jay inside the car. 

"Hey, you guys leaving already?"

We all turned around and saw L.Joe. 

He looked behind us and noticed Jay inside the car. "What's up with him?" he asked. 

"He's kind of dozing off." I told him. 

"Oh I see. Bring him home safely." He said and bit his lip. "I'll see you guys tomorrow then." he waved and left. 

"Ricky-ah!" I heard someone call me. 

All of us turned and saw Hyemi. She was with Block B. I didn't know she hanged out with them. I saw the others with tense looks. CAP hyung calmed most of them down. 

Hyemi ran up to me. "Is Jaebum okay?" she quietly asked me. 

"Yeah, he'll be fine." I told her. "Sorry about his behavior earlier." I apologized.

Her expression hesitated but then she smiled, "Don't worry about it." She looked at the others and continued to smile. 

The guys waved with smiles. 

"Bye bye." she said and went back to her group. 

"Too bad L.Joe is already after her...” Niel said after she left. 

"That's weird though. I thought he'd change girl after a week." Chunji said as he tilted his head to the side.