Forget It

Thanks To Him

What's taking them so long? He thinks to himself as he puts the food that he wants to eat on his plate. He puts his plate back on the table and makes his way upstairs. "Maybe she's still mad at Jay." He thinks aloud as he tilts his head. He sees the door slightly open.

"You have me." He hears Jay's voice as he makes his way to the door.

L.Joe curious to know what's going on, he takes a peek through the crack between the door and the doorframe. His jaw falls open, his eyes widen as he sees Jay and Hyemi. He wasn't shocked by seeing them together, he was lost for words as he kept looking at Jay's arms wrapped around her with her head leaning on his shoulder. The smile that was on Jay's face made him hesitate. This guy... Is it really what it looks like or is he… he shook his head. He finds himself backing away from the door, making his way back downstairs. He carefully takes each step to make sure he doesn't make it obvious that he was just at the door.

 

It was completely quiet at the table. The only noise was coming from the utensils and the slight chewing noises coming from everyone. It stayed that way throughout the whole time.

Just as you finish your food, you look at your plate, almost spotless. You realized that you actually didn't eat much. In the mood you were in, your appetite was not your usual size of appetite. You sigh and pick up your plate and place them in the sink then rinse it with water.

"Thank you for the food." You felt a genuine smile but it didn't show on your face as one. Instead, you still looked upset and puzzled. It looked like a forced smile from Jay and L.Joe's point of view. You take a glance at L.Joe who takes a peek at you as he's about to take a bite out of his piece of beef. You then look at Jay who is sending you a specific smile. It was an 'Are you ok?' smile. You nodded back with a better smile then before and make your way back upstairs to your room.

L.Joe saw the eye contact between you and Jay. It made himself dropped his fork on his plate. His eyes darted at Jay who was watching you walk up the stairs. L.Joe looked away before Jay saw him looking at his expression.

"We should do something tomorrow with the guys."

L.Joe looked at Jay again. "Why? Because it's Saturday tomorrow?"

He looked back at L.Joe too, wondering why he snapped the way he did. "Because Hyemi shouldn't be confined in that room for too long. Also, my parents are going to be home."

"Oh..." L.Joe nods, forgetting about how his parents don't know about Hyemi staying here at his place.

 

"I just don't know what yet." He says as he leans back against his chair. What did she like doing when she was here? He sat there in deep thought, leaving the sound of the television to be the only thing heard between Jay and L.Joe.

At this point, L.Joe really thought about it. How does Jay feel about Hyemi? After what he saw upstairs, he was torn between two things. Whether he should trust his best friend about not having feelings for her or having to deal with Jay now as one of his competition for Hyemi's heart. If you're really my best friend, I hope I'm wrong. "She had lots of fun when we went to the amusement park." He said with a teasing smile. Jay snickered at his smile, jealous of how they went together. That was something L.Joe wanted to see. So I might be right...

"When did you two ever go to the amusement park together? You two are barely even alone together." Jay scoffed.

L.Joe chuckled. "The Halloween prize. Remember we traded tickets?"

His eyes fired up at L.Joe. "You wanted the prize with Hyemi that you needed me to trade with you?" This bastard. That could've been me with her? "How'd you even know she had that ticket number?"

"I saw it." He said nonchalantly. "I just figured that it would've been better if I had the winning ticket with her since you already knew that I liked her."

Jay nodded, That's true. At that time, I didn't know that Hyemi was actually _____. If only I did... Then maybe I could've stopped him from even going for her in the first place. As Jay is tired of hearing L.Joe's voice, he gets up from the kitchen table. "Anyways, I have a project to give in on Monday, I'll call up the guys to tell them the plans for tomorrow."

"Alright, I'll see you guys tomorrow then." L.Joe gets up, still thinking about the possibility that Jay likes Hyemi. He walks towards the front door to put his shoes back on and waves as he leaves.

Jay locks the door as he sees L.Joe walking outside on the driveway towards the bus stop. Jay sighs. Why you? Of all people? I already have to deal with Yukwon and possibly L. I even had to deal with Ricky before me and ______ even went out. He finds himself making his way upstairs. It's about time that I tell him that I like Hyemi- I mean ______. Also... It's about time that I tell Hyemi that I know who she really is... He thinks to himself, feeling his stomach sink in as he doesn't know what her reaction would be. Even though that might just make things awkward between us. Not that it isn't already.

Jay suddenly remembers that he has to tell the rest about tomorrow. He takes out his phone and scrolls through his contacts then presses the 'call' button.

It rings twice, maybe three times before he got an answer.

"Hello?"

"Hey Ricky, it’s Jay. We're planning on going to the amusement park tomorrow, can you tell the rest of the guys for me?"

 

You feel someone poking your cheek. You open one eye just to see Jay in front of you. "What?" You grunt as you turn around to face the other way.

"Yah, wake up. We're going somewhere today."

"What? Where?" You turn back around to face him, his face so close to yours as he's kneeling on the floor. You blush at how close he was.

Jay too felt himself warm up as your faces were so close to each other. He backs up as he sees her reaction. "Uh," he gets up and scratches the back of his neck. "Just get ready, it's a surprise. And don't worry about taking a shower, my parents went out early and they won't be back until later today." He gets up and goes downstairs so that she can change.

You were still a bit frozen because of before but you finally snapped out of it as you thought about by what can he mean by 'surprise'. You blushed a shade of pink as you thought of a surprise date but then you remembered that, you're not ______ anymore... Well, not to him at least. That's what you thought. "I wonder what the surprise is then..."

"Can you tell me now where you're bringing me?" You say with crossed arms as we're so curious to know. "How do I know if I can trust you or not?"

"I'm not going to repeat myself again. Just wait, we're almost there." He says as he takes small glimpses of you pouting. Why is she so damn adorable when she does that? A smile stretched across his face.

"Why does this route look so familiar though? I think I've been here..." You say as you look at your surroundings. Have I?

It looks familiar because we're going to the same amusement park you went to with L.Joe... I was hoping I'd be the first to bring you but he beat me to it. He sees your clueless expression on your face. "You've been here before." He honestly says.

"Oh." You say but still tilt your head. So, I have been here. I just don't remember where I went that was near here. "Are you taking me out to breakfast or something?"

Jay laughed at how oblivious you were to where you're heading. "We're almost there."

"HYEMI-AH!" You hear a familiar voice call out your name.

You squint your eyes and see someone jumping and waving. "Is that Ricky?" You say as you use your hand to block the sun.

"Wow, you can recognize Ricky from all the way here?" Jay raised an eyebrow at you then tried to see if he was able to recognize him from this far too.

You turn your head to him. "Yeah, he's really not that hard to recognize. His voice too, I recognized it." She says with a smile. He smiles back at you. You shyly look down and decide to run to Ricky.

"YAH!" Jay shouts but you keep running. He chuckles as he sees you high five Ricky as you got close enough. "She recognized Ricky so easily..." Then why did I take forever realizing that Hyemi was just a different persona but actually still her? He thinks to himself as he makes his way towards the rest.

You look back at Jay who's a bit further back then back at Ricky and the guys. "So what is this 'surprise' Jay is talking about?"

They all gave you a look as they had no idea what you were talking about.

"Surprise?" Chunji raised an eyebrow at you as he tilted his head. "Surprise from Jay?" He asked, thinking of something completely different from what the surprise actually was.

Changjo went closer to Chunji, "You don't think Jay is finally going to tell her that he knows that she's really... Well her." He whispers in Chunji's ear.

Ricky heard Changjo, "YAH, HYEMI! Let's get a head start!" He grabs her hand and starts running with her towards the direction of the amusement park.

Back where the rest were, Chunji looks back at Changjo. "I was thinking that too." He sighs.

Jay finally walks up to the rest. "Where is Ricky taking Hyemi?" He asks, look at both of you running hand in hand.

They all shrug.

"Hey it's like old times." CAP said with a curve on his lips sending his thoughts to reminisce about old times before you left.

The others have smiles slowly appearing on their faces too.

Niel happily nods multiple times. "He's right, Ricky would just randomly run off with her."

The only thing about this time is it wasn't random. Chunji says in his mind as he knew exactly why Ricky did that right at that moment.

Jay was the only one who didn't show emotion. He wasn't sure how he was feeling. He stood there, watching you and Ricky's silhouettes slowly fading, getting smaller the further you two got.

Chunji eyed Jay from the corner of his eyes. He looks down and chuckled as he saw Jay like that. He walks up to Jay and places a hand on his shoulder as he stood beside him. "You should probably make best of this opportunity."

Jay didn't flinch at his comment.

"She's going to eventually find out that you know it's really her. That we all know it's her. On second thought, she probably won't want to believe it but yeah. Also, L.Joe isn't going to be here until later. He doesn't know either that Hyemi is actually ______ so maybe he'll understand and not pursue her anymore. "

He has a point. L.Joe would probably hate me if I told him that I like Hyemi. Not because she's Hyemi, but because she's really ______ and I never told him since I found out. Jay just nods at Chunji's advice. "We'll see how this plays out." He says charismatically as he gets a head start from Chunji.

 

"Wow..." You looked in awe as if it was the first time you were there. Your eyes sparkling at the site of the park. Kids walking running around with their plushie prizes or with sweet colorful candy. Couples holding hands and excitedly trying to decide which ride to go on next as they shyly kiss one another on the cheek. You couldn't help but smile. [This place really is a place for smiles.]

Jay stood beside Ricky who stood next to you. From the corner of his eyes, he saw your facial expression, your face glistening at the sight. The sight of your smile made him smile. I know this isn't your first time here but I'll make sure you'll remember this day too as if it was your first. He says to himself in his mind as he looks back at the park.

 

Once everyone got their entrance passes, that's when the fun and excitement will start.

"It's been so long since I've been to an amusement park." Changjo said as he looks around, excited to go on a ride already.

"Yeah!" Niel clasped his hands together. "Why haven't we planned something like this before?"

"I don't know but we're here now!" CAP's eyes smiling. It's times like these where CAP would be adorable as a little kid. Despite his tough appearance, he is really kiddy and adorable when it comes to things like this.

"Yah Hyemi, this is your first time at an amusement park right?" He asked as if he was asking ______ as he remembered her saying that she's never been.

You shook your head, embarrassed to say that it wasn't.

Ricky tilted his head, Am I wrong for thinking that she's never been? I'm pretty sure that's what she told me before...

Chunji too turned his head at you but not saying anything.

"My first time here was with L.Joe. It was from that Halloween prize thing." You explained with a slight smile appearing on your face.

Jay chuckled and looked the other way as he saw that smile too. That was supposed to be me with you that day.

"Yah," Chunji lightly hit Jay's arm. "I see that look on your face. Loosen up, today is supposed to be fun. Wasn't that what you wanted for her?"

He nods and joins the rest. "So what ride do you guys want to start with?" He asks with a lightened up smile.

 

You guys finally got to go on the ride after the long wait in line.

It was only now that you realized just how high this ride goes. You back up from the seat. It was rows of four. In your row, you had Ricky, yourself, Jay and Chunji. The next was Changjo, Niel, Cap and some random girl.

"Yah Hyemi, don't be scared! I'll be beside you the whole time." He says, excited to buckle up on his seat. You finally got yourself to sit down so the rest can sit also. You push the safety buckle as tight as you possibly can but still feel that there's slightly free space between but you can't manage to close the gap which really frightened you.

Jay looked at you, "You need help? You look a bit tense." He says, already buckled into his seat.

"Uhh, it's alright. I think this is the tightest it gets." You reply trying not to sound nervous. [Who am I kidding? Why didn't I say "ye-“

You see Jay's hand trying to tighten it for you as he sees just how shaky you really are. You feel the buckle closing up the gap and finally making contact. "Is that better?" He looks up at you, concerned.

You quickly nod, "Yeah, thanks." You let out a nervous smile. You look around and saw that everyone was buckled up. You also hear the screams from the kart that just finished going through the roller coaster. You swallow a gulp of air as you know that it will soon be your turn.

The ride made its departure as it start making its way up the first and highest drop of the ride. The repetitive sound of the kart going up matched with the pace of your heart beating.

Ricky saw the look on your face and the excitement on his face started fading. "Hyemi," he calls your name, loud enough for you to hear over the noise coming from the ride.

You turn to Ricky who is holding out his hand for you. You shake your head, "It's okay, I'll be fine." You tell him. I should be fine, right? Rides usually last only a minute or so, right? You panicked by yourself. Just as you look down, you see how high the ride really goes. You tighten your grip on the handle bars.

The repetitive noise suddenly stopped. As much as you didn't like the sound of it, you sure did wish it was still there. You take a deep breath, this will be over soon. You shut your eyes.

Just as you exhale, the ride makes its way down the steep drop. You feel the wind racing through every strand of hair. The roller coaster was going a lot faster than you expected, the consecutive drops were making you feel uneasy, and you were scared to fall out of the ride. All the screams were being blocked out by your thoughts, telling yourself that the ride will be over.

At that moment, you felt a warm feeling gripping on to your hand. Forgetting who was on your right, whether it was Ricky or Jay, you just held the helping hand for security for the rest of the ride that you hoped to end soon. The hand held on tighter to yours as you noticed another big drop that you assumed was the last one. Once again you felt the wind blowing your hair furiously as you made your way down the last drop which was followed by the end of the ride. You hesitated as the ride had that last bump for the kart to lock in for the next batch of people.

"YAH! Hyemi, wasn't that so fun?!" Ricky turns to you as already unbuckled himself from the kart. A short laugh comes from him as he tries to hold it in. "Your hair is kind of, all over the place." He giggles to himself then sees your hand holding onto Jay, his eyes slightly widen but he just laughs it off as if nothing was seen.

You smiled at Ricky walk off, you unbuckle yourself from the ride with your free hand.

Beside you, Jay got up from his seat and it was now your hand holding on tightly to his. "You really hate roller coasters, huh?" He grins, looking at your hand touching his.

You immediately let go and get up to make your way towards the rest of the guys. Your face blushed a slight pink on your cheeks.

Jay saw you covering your face, your exposed shining eyes smiling. Soon... he smiles to himself.

 

As the day carried on, you guys have went on most of the rides except for the kiddy ones and they were absolutely worth the wait in line. You guys now decided to rest as you guys got tired from standing and going from one ride to the next.

Jay said that he'd be the one getting the food so right after he asked everyone what they wanted, Jay went to go line up.

"Hyemi, how do you like the amusement park?" Niel asked with a giant smile on his face.

"It's really fun." You replied sincerely. Although the others thought you sounded sarcastic.

"Why? You had more fun when you were here with L.Joe?" Changjo raised an eyebrow at you.

You shook your head, "No no, it's not that. Both times were fun but I guess going with you guys was best." You admitted.

Smiles all around appeared on their faces. It really started to hit Ricky, the fact that you're really back as if you were never gone. [Welcome back, _______.]

The other felt the same. Sincere smiles on their faces.

Chunji's phone starts ringing so he got off the picnic table they waited at to answer the call.

"Ah you're here now? Oh, soon? Like how soon?" He nods, "Alright, we'll see you then." He finished off and teachers back to the table.

Although none of you heard what he was saying, all of you assumed that it was L.Joe who called.

"So what time is he getting here?" CAP asks.

"Hmm?" He looks at him, acting clueless. "That was Jay, he said he needed help bring the food back here. Hyemi do you want to come help too?" He asks you, none of them were able to tell through the lies he was saying as he said everything so fluently.

You tilted your head, really thinking that it was L.Joe on the phone, you guessed that it did make sense that Jay would ask for help to bring back the food for everyone so you got up and followed Chunji.

Ricky's eyebrows furrowed, "That was fast," he tilted his head in confusion. "It felt like he just left."

Little did everyone know that it was actually L.Joe that called and obviously not Jay.

"Aren't the restaurants that way?" You look towards a certain direction were people with food walked from.

Chunji didn't reply and continued walking as if he didn't hear you.

You wondered if Chunji heard you, you guessed that he didn't but that didn't really surprise you since it was really noisy. You continue to follow him but grab onto his sleeve as you two enter a big crowd.

Chunji looked back at you, making sure that it was you who tugged onto his sleeve and not some random girl trying to make a move.

As you continue to follow him, you notice that the amount of people around you is a lot less than before.

"Hyemi." He suddenly stops to say and you bump into his back. He then turns around, "I guess you can tell that we're not going to help Jay with the food, although that wouldn't be a bad idea to BUT"

You look at him, "But what?" You cluelessly asked him, not knowing the reason for you two being alone like this with barely anyone around.

He takes out his phone to look at the time. "Hmm, that should be enough time."

"Enough time for what?"

He looks at you, examining your eyes. "What do you think about L.Joe?"

Why is Chunji asking me this? You think to yourself. "I don't think I feel comfortable you asking me this without knowing what's your point." You honestly say. Even though you are Chunji.

He simply nods, understanding that it was a pretty bold question. That was his point though, he didn’t want to take up too much time for this. “Well, you know that L.Joe really likes you.” He says boldly, still not exactly on the point. He sees you nod, waiting for him to continue. “I can tell that you don’t like him the same way he likes you but, he’s still a friend.”

“Chunji, I still don’t know where you’re going with this.” You add, “If you don’t mind, I’m going to meet back with the rest. You say, finding this situation completely useless but just as you turn around to walk back, Chunji grabs onto your wrist.

“Just don’t be clueless forever, is all I’m asking.”

You feel his hand let go of your wrist making it drop back to your side leaving you with a feeling guilt for some reason. You see Chunji walk off in the direction in which you we’re about to go before he stopped you. Clueless… That word repeats several times in your head. Instead of following him, you found yourself stuck where you stood. Barely anyone around as the sun starts to go down and the park’s lights start to light up. You thought thoroughly of what Chunji could’ve meant by that. I know I can be clueless at time, but I really can’t distinguish his intent of telling me that…

You finally find yourself walking without knowing where exactly the rest were. You see a tall looking ride, a circular shaped ride with shining colorful lights coloring it. You find yourself drawn to it and see the little kids excitedly in line for their turn to go inside. You look at them in awe. You saw them with their parents too which broke your heart and made you smile at the same time. Tears of happiness started forming in your eyes. You didn’t want to cry today like you did yesterday. You quickly wiped your tears away and looked at the Ferris wheel as it slowly made its cycle. You lean against the fence near the ride, seeing the kids with smiles stretch from ear to ear.

Just as you look away for a second, you see the sun starting to set and a bridge where the view would probably be really nice to look from. You find yourself walking towards the bridge to get a better view of the sun setting. It’s only when you are at the end of the bridge where you see two familiar figures standing there. Both of them leaning against the railing of the bridge, their elbows leaning against it. You stand there, but move to the side to not get spotted. You recognized Jay and what looked to be L.Joe with him. What are they doing here? Alone?

L.Joe suddenly steps away and stands straight facing your way, looking at Jay. The cold look on his face didn’t make you feel comfortable. Something about it just made you curious to know but mostly worried about what was going on. You see his thin lips move, yet showing no emotion. His eyes showed the most emotion, they were dark. Cold.

Jay stood in front of him but you were still able to see both of them. L.Joe’s lips stopped moving, you assumed that it was Jay talking but you couldn’t hear clearly what they were saying. L.Joe smirked, looking towards the lake but giving the same cold look to Jay once again.

“Forget it.”

You didn’t exactly hear it, but you were able to read his lips. He continued talking but you weren’t able to read his lips this time. That was L.Joe’s queue to leave. He turns around, getting a last look of Jay before he walks away with, what looked like to be, a cold and disappointed expression left on his face. You felt hopeless simply standing there, not knowing what was going on and not being able to do anything about the situation.

Jay stood there motionless, not knowing if he should say something back or at least try to stop L.Joe from leaving. Instead, he watched L.Joe walk away as he is simply speechless. He runs his hand through his hair as he turns around and looks straight to the ground with no words left for him to say. His hand still gripped onto his hair and finally looks up, suddenly locking eyes with you. The expression on his face, what was it?

The frustrated and dissapointed look on his face turned into a shocked expression worried once he realized that it was you...

"Hyemi..."