Student ID's

Thanks To Him

 

Your POV

L?!!

I tried pushing him off, my hands pressing against his chest, but he had so much grip. His eyes were slightly opened, looking at me look at him. I felt his smirk while his lips were having its way with mine... What the hell is with this guy?!!

He finally let me go and looked at me with the same damn smirk leaving his arms tightly around my waist. His irritatingly attractive smirk. "Good morning." he dared saying.

I slapped him across the face as hard as I could. I felt the sting on my hand once I did. That slap couldn't even express the anger and hate I felt towards this guy right now. His face, now looking to the side, was exposing the red mark that I left on his cheek. L was still keeping that freaking smirk, still not looking towards me at all. Someone swiftly went right passed me and grabbed his collar roughly. He pushed him until L's back hit the nearest light pole. It was Jay. L playfully chuckled. 


Author's POV

"I swear to god L. If you dare lay another finger on her I'll -"

"You'll what? It's not like I hit her or anything. I simply just kiss-"

Jay threw a punch at him. Right on his face. The same cheek where you left a mark. You were surprised of Jay's protective actions for you. 'Why would he go through so much trouble for me, Hyemi?' you thought to yourself, clueless as you stood there. 

"I thought she was going out with L.Joe."

"Oh really? I thought she liked Yukwon."

"Wow what a ."

"She's only been here for a month or two and she's messing around with 3 different guys?"

You stood there, watching Jay and L. Also hearing, but without wanting to actually hear anything, what your other classmates were saying about you. None of them were true so you ignored it. Most girls were giving you the most dirtiest looks ever but you stayed strong and you simply just shrugged it off. 

"Look, I don't want to see you near my girl again, okay?" Jay said but the whispers were overwhelming your hearing. You and Yukwon didn't hear him call you 'my girl'. 

L chuckled at Jay after hearing him call you that. "'My girl'? So you finally figured out that it's her, huh? No wonder you're being like this. That took you way longer than I originally thought." he said followed by a chuckle, tempting Jay. "Well, this will be more fun than I thought."

Yukwon saw you looking uncomfortable standing there while Jay had L against the pole. He wrapped his arm around your shoulder, bringing you inside the school. "Let's go inside." he said. You walked quietly as you passed by both of them. Jay happened to notice you with Yukwon. He clenched his teeth seeing that image of you and Yukwon together like that but he was still holding on to L's collar. He roughly let go of L, shoving him to the side. 

"Don't forget what I said." Jay scoffed; threatening L, then walked away towards the school and went to go join the rest of the guys in the cafeteria. 

L wiped off the blood from his small cut on his lip with his thumb. "We'll see about that. The fun just started." Several girls started surrounding L, offering their handkerchiefs but he coolly rejects with a simple hand gesture and signature killer smile. "Thanks anyway." he told them, leaving them to squeal as he walked off. 


>>

You sat in class bored out of your mind, twirling your pencil around with your fingers. You were mostly dazed though, thinking about what had happening earlier. Stupid L... You thought to yourself. What the hell is his problem? And how does he know so much about me? He even knew about the different schools I've been to. No one knows that besides very few people... Why is he one of them? I didn’t even know him before I came to this school...

Your head dropped on your desk, facing the window, making a loud enough noise for the people near you to turn their heads at you. You felt the stares, not caring as you felt so clueless about everything. And that's how you pretty much dealt with everyone at this school except the friends you really knew. 

From across the classroom, a paper ball flew and hit the back of your head. You rubbed the part of your head where it got hit and sat up straight. You squinted your eyes around the room to see who could've thrown it at you. You shrugged but opened the paper to reveal a short message. Question to be exact. 

'Are you alright?' it was written. 

You tilted your head then looked around, curious to know who threw it at you. You looked beside you, thinking it was L.Joe but he was soundlessly sleeping on his desk. It couldn't have been him... 

"I'm fine." I still whispered loud enough for L.Joe to hear. 

He brushed his bangs lightly, fixing it the way he usually would with the tip of his fingers. A little after, he opened one eye to look at you who was already looking at him. He smiled as he noticed that. "Did you say something?" he asked. 

You, surprised that it wasn't him, gave him a clueless expression. "Oh," your mouth formed into an 'o'. "It wasn't you that threw this at me?" You exposed the crumpled paper that was thrown at you earlier. He shook his head meaning 'no'. "Oh, you can go back to sleep then. Sorry for waking you up." he nods then closes back his eyes to continue his slumber. 

Who was it then? You continued to think to yourself. 


>> 

The sound of the school bell rang so you picked up your stuff and stood up. You look at the desk next to yours and saw L.Joe still sleeping. You bent down to be at the same eye-level as him. There he was, the most calm you've ever seen him, revealing his sharp jawline. It was weird seeing him in that state, you find. Usually he's just... so... L.Joe. You thought to yourself as you couldn't find any words to describe him. His skin was so flawless, you felt jealous. Then you remembered what Jay said. The reason why you couldn't study with Yukwon today. 

It's your birthday, right? You asked yourself. It'd be rude if I didn't greet him. I guess I'll tell him later. You simply poked him to wake him up since the bell rang a few minutes ago but fled out the room as you didn't feel like dealing with him today. You just wanted to set things straight with L. 

You rushed through hallways, scanning through as you made your way to find him. At the end of the hallway, you saw Woohyun, one of L's friends. 

"Woohyun-ah!" you called him, waving your hand up high. He was in a few of your classes and he is always so kind to you. That's why you found it weird that he was one of L's close friends. Their personalities contrast one another so well. 

He looked towards you and flashed a smile showing his cheekbones. You walked towards him as he calls you over. Once you got there, the atmosphere was much different from your usual group of friends. Probably because you don't know them very well. But the one person you needed to confront wasn't there, you noticed as you checked quickly, L.

"Hey Hyemi," he continued to eye-smile. You felt slightly weird and unsteady around his friends. Some of them were in some of your classes but the only one you would actually talk to is Woohyun. They all just stared as you stood in front of him. "Do you need anything? You look pretty flustered." he pointed out. 

Do I really? You asked yourself. "Uhm, yeah. There's one thing. Do you know where... L is? I need to talk to him."

"He went outside to make a call. He might be coming in soon though." he said as he checked the time on his phone then back up, towards you. "Oh look, there he is."

Just when you felt relieved that he was outside, you froze when Woohyun said he was coming but you felt the rushing blood in your body boil up. Getting ready to tell him off. The presence of his friends intimidated you though. Maybe now wasn't the best time.

"What?" you heard L's clueless voice behind you as you heard his footsteps getting closer too. His tone seemed different around his friends but you were still able to tell it was him. Usually when he's around you, his tone was more threatening and devilish. A tone that can make any girl melt except you since you know how he really is. You saw L pass by you, not knowing your existence. His friends just gave him this look then furrowed their eyes at me making him turn around. His, for once, clueless expression faded 

"Hey," you saw him smirk. 

You clenched your teeth at his 'Hey'. Really? That's all he can say to me? "What was that about, huh? This morning? What the hell is your problem?" you said coldly, not filling telling him off just yet.

He stood there, comfortable. Not affected by anything you were saying. "Want a replay?" he playfully teased making you roll your eyes. "I'd be more than happy to."

"Pft, that's the last thing in the world that I want." you saw his friends watching attentively. A few of them seemed oblivious to what we were talking about. Two of them were whispering to each other as they took glances of you and L. 

The bell rang but no one seemed to have flinched one bit. You noticed students didn't even bother observing though as you remembered how atmosphere was tense when it was Jay and Yukwon or L.Joe and Yukwon. They simply ignored all of you and proceeded to go to their classes. Why was that? 

"So what is it that you want to know? You still don't remember so it'd be useless if I told you anything."

What does he mean by that? You thought. "Whatever it is that I don't remember, it doesn't mean you can just come up to me and k-" you hesitated. "and kiss me like that!"

L looked at you in disbelief. He doesn't believe that you do not remember what he's talking about. He thinks that you're just lying and trying to forget what happened. “It can’t be that hard.” 

"Well it is kind of hard to remember something when I've only known you for roughly two months."

L gave slightly turned his head and nodded his head to his friends, giving them the signal to just go to class. Woohyun looked at you, slightly worried and clueless about your relation with L. Woohyun knows L but he didn't think that he'd be the way he is right now around you. You watched all of them leave elegantly in their uniforms. 

 

You checked the time and you noticed how little your time was before you can get to class. "You're lucky I have class." you turned to walk away but then a random picture popped up in front of you. L held it for you to see as he stood right behind you. It surprisingly took you a while to notice what it was but when you did realize what it was, your eyes widened. You felt your heart drop. It was your school ID from a previous school you've attended. 

"Song Younha." L's voice whispered in your ear. You were able to feel him grinning when he said that. "Looks familiar, doesn't it?"

You bit your lip as you heard him say that. You felt uncomfortable, a lot more than you usually do around him. It was at a whole new level. Instead of feeling nervous, you felt scared. Frightened by him. You did not expect him to know about you to this extent. What else could he have up his sleeve?

The second bell rang and the halls were officially empty, except the hallway you two were in. L didn't seem to care that he wasn't present in class. He wasn't the only one though; you didn't seem to care either. You just wanted to know everything. Something that you were hoping for but not expecting so much from L. 

"How do you have that...?"

"I'm L; I don't see why you're so surprised. I know a lot more than you think."

"But..."

You roughly grabbed the ID out of his hand to take a better look of it. 'Song Younha' you mouthed out the name. That was the very first name you used. The ID from the first school you transferred to. Maybe he only knows about that one... You thought and hoped to yourself. 

"You still don't remember?" L twirled his keys with his fingers as he walked around you to stand face to face with you. 

You felt irritated and accidentally bursted out. "WHAT EXACTLY AM I SUPPOSED TO REMEMBER? JUST WHY, WHY DO YOU KNOW SO MUCH ABOUT ME?" you grew frustrated with tears forming in your eyes. 

L narrowed his eyes to the exit nonchalantly, completely ignoring what you said. "I don't know if you're planning to go to class now but you can still make it. It's only been almost five minutes since the last bell. You're never late to class so the teacher will probably just let you in." He looked at you, indifferent. Even after seeing your eyes with almost falling tears out of frustration. "I'm cutting class early today, have fun at school." he started walking away. "And don't be so loud. There are classes going on now. If you have anything else to say, I'll be at the lake." With his index finger and his middle finger, he made that 'L' shape with his thumb and did that salute as he walked away. 

You puffed your cheeks and blew your bangs upwards. His back facing you, his pace walking normally towards the exit. You couldn't let him get away like this. You were debating on whether you should run after him or not. 

"Hy-Hyemi?" 

Puzzled, you turned around and saw Ricky a few feet away. 

"Oh, hey Ricky." Your voice wasn't too shaky to be suspicious enough about. You wiped your eyes that were little watery thanks to L before he can notice anything. "Why aren't you in class?"

"The teacher told me to pick up some books at the library." he said, holding up a few history books. "How about you?" You shrugged, not wanting to tell him what happened with L a little earlier. Thank god he wasn't there to witness it, you thought to yourself. "Oh, well I have to go back to class. There were students shouting in the halls earlier, I don’t want them to think it was us." he sneaked out a smile at you. You smiled back. He cutely waved at you and went to class. 

You checked your phone to check the time. You have a little more than an hour to go meet up with L before lunch starts and before anyone finds anything suspicious. You start to hear footsteps coming near so you quickly run to the exit to go see L. 

From a distance, L.Joe was cutting class and also going to the exit but surprised by seeing a girl run out of the school. He took out an earphone out of his ear and squinted at you who was exiting the school. He tilted his head to the side, 'Was that Hyemi?' 


Your POV

I haven't been to the lake in so long. Why does he have to go there? 

I dragged my feet step by step all the way there just to figure out this stupid jerk. I looked at my ID, "Song Younha." Why does he even have this? Is he going to threaten me with it or something? But why does he even know in the first place? Oh right, he's L so he APPARENTLY knows everything. 

I suddenly felt like I was being followed so I looked back. There wasn't anyone though. Okay maybe I'm just paranoid now. I felt the cold air get to me. I should've brought my jacket. I rubbed my arms, starting to feel a bit warmer. I took a deep breath and saw the smoke flow out of my mouth. I hope I don't get sick. 

I finally got there and saw the back of L, skipping rocks on the lake. He was pretty good at it. 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6... Wow. I softly slapped myself to get myself out of amazement of this guy. 

He sat down next to a pile of rocks. "So you came." 

Okay that was creepy, he didn't even turn around and he said that. I stood beside him as he casually skipped rocks as if my presence wasn't a sign that I wanted to talk to him.

"Care to explain this?" I asked him as I showed him my old ID the same way he did to me. 

He wiped off the sand off his hands, took the card swiftly out of my hand and got up to stand up facing me. His dark eyes pierced mine so I looked at the lake, still facing him. 

"Remember this too?" he swiped his hand over the ID and passed it to me as if I didn't see it yet. 

"I've seen it already. Can you stop wasting time? I want to be back at school by lunchtime."

"Don't be so hasty, it'll make me want to keep you here even longer." he smirked. "Take a look at it. I promise you it's not the same."

"But that's the ID you showed me already..." 

He held it closer to me so I ended up taking it from him anyway. My eyes blinked at it. A different ID, still one of mine from another school I've attended. Without any effort, he changed it.
"Shin Minah." he said the same way he did before. "Cool isn't it?"

Did this guy really just do a magic trick? I have to admit, that was pretty cool but this is seriously freaky. Does he know about all the schools I've been to since last year? 

"Okay, so what is your point?" I tried not sounding afraid of him. 

"I don't even know yet."

Yet... YET?! I bit my lip, glaring at him. 

"Don't worry, I won't tell your precious Jay anything. He still seems surprisingly clueless as ever when it comes to you..." he came closer, his face only inches away. "_______." He whispers as the cold air reaches my ear. 

He suddenly took off his school blazer and put it over my shoulders. He only had his white polo with two buttons undone exposing his well-defined collar bones and also a necklace that remained hidden under his white wife beater. His jet black fitted jeans contrasted well his polo.

 

“Won’t you be cold? Just wearing that? You should at least button up your polo…” He didn’t answer. Is L really doing something nice to me? I gave him a clueless look as his eyes looked elsewhere from mine.


"What? You're cold."  He said coldly as he fixed the front to make sure it covered me the most as possible. He looked at me with a worried look. Was it worry? I couldn't tell. "Is that better?"

"Thanks." I unconsciously nodded and said. 

I saw him tilt his head to the side with a slightly surprised look. "You’re not as stubborn as before."

"Pft," I rolled my eyes. "I'm not stubborn at all."

His smirk appeared on his face again, chuckling. "Never mind. Pass me back your ID." 

"What're you going to do? Wipe your hand and simply change it again?" 

He laughed and a smile came out. "Fine fine." he then brushes my hair behind my ear and the next thing I know, another ID is being held in his hand right in front of me. "Lee Yuri."

I grabbed it out of his hand, this time not roughly. I placed it beside the other one. "So that's been three already since you changed this one." I held the first one that he simply changed. 

"Oh, not to confused you." he did the same thing, brushed a strand of hair behind my other ear and there was another ID but this time it was the very first, just so that I have all three of them in my hands. 

"I didn't know you knew how to do magic tricks... Not that I care or anything." I tried showing no interest. I mentally facepalmed my forehead. 

"It's more fun this way." he smiled evilly. Fun. Fun never seemed like the word you would think of when you think of L. Well to me it looked that way. "Since you like it, I guess I'll do this one." he rolled up the sleeves of his polo, securing it with the buttons on his sleeves and simply clapped then cards just fell on the sand one right after the other.  

"Wow..." I started to feel more amazed than freaked out now. I actually applauded him this time but I couldn't let my guard down though. Especially not around L. I picked up the rest of the ID's. "Is that really all of them?"

He shook his head as he puckered his lips together. It was weird seeing that since it looked a bit like aegyo. I held a total of 9 in my hands right now. 

"There's one more." he said firmly. Wow did I really attend 10 different schools? It doesn’t feel like it.  "But, before I show you that one, do you really not remember me? Do I look or seem familiar to you in any way? At all?" he asked, honestly this time.

 

I've never heard him talk in that tone. So sincere and he sounds so genuine. I looked at L in the eyes but no memory of him came up besides the things that have happened at this school. 

His mouth curved into a half-smile then he looked at the lake. He sighed out of disappointment, I felt it. "Guess not, huh?" I shook my head, apologetically. "I don't know if this will help you remember but it's worth a try."


"Wait."

He paused. "Hmm?"


"Uhm," I feel like I made it awkward by interrupting him. "Can you like... Give it to me with a… magic trick?"

He laughed and he smiled. Eye-smiling too and getting rid of his strong threatening persona. I felt much safer around him. It didn't feel as weird either. "Okay fine." he bent down and picked up two hands full of sand. "Look carefully. It's sand, right?" he opens up both of his hands and obviously he was right, it was sand. I nodded impatiently. He closed his hands again. "Let's start with this one." he places his right hand behind his back, leaving the left one for me to see. "Count to three."

This is seriously getting exciting but I feel nervous at the same time. I don't know what to expect from this trick. 

"1... 2... 3."

He throws up what I thought would be sand but it wasn't. No grain of sand flew up in the air whatsoever. Only... What was that? Something sparkled as the sun shined upon it. He then catched it with his free hand. Whatever it was, it looked like some sort of necklace or bracelet. 

"Did you see it?" he asked. 

"Not really. It looked shiny though." 

"It does, doesn't it?" he said casually with a hint of content in his voice. He then reveals his other closed palm and throws it up in the air and there was my last ID card as you saw it go up into the air. Swiftly, L catches it with his index and middle finger. 

"Here, Kwon Chaerin." he hands it to me as he says the name, so naturally with a different feel to it compared to the other names, I used prior to 'Park Hyemi'. 

"Kwon Chaerin..." I repeated after him as I looked at the ID. I looked back at L, suspicious about the other item this in his hand. "What about that?" I pointed at his closed palm. 

"It's nothing, I guess." he shoved it neatly in his pockets. "Maybe some other time.”


"Awe." I pouted. 

"The sooner you can remember, the sooner I can show you." he said as he threw a rock rapidly at the lake, making it skip several times skillfully. "You should be heading back now. The bell is going to ring in a few minutes." he added after looking at his phone. 

"Oh, thanks. I guess I'll go back to school now before my friends start looking for me. Bye L, it was surprisingly fun talking to you."


Author's POV


"Bye L, it was surprisingly fun talking to you." _______ waved bye at L. Leaving, completely forgetting about the reason why she was supposed to confront him in the first place.

He simply chuckled making his thin lips curve into a genuine smile. Once she was far enough for her to not hear him, he replied. 

"Bye... Chaerin-ah."