Flashback

Thanks To Him

 

Your POV

"I'll pick you up tomorrow at the same time." he said while he stood on the driveway of the house. 

"Okay." I replied. 

"Good night." he started walking backwards and waved with a simple smile. 

I waved back and he turned around. I watched him walk safely to his house since he lived next door. Wait... I forgot to thank him for today. I quickly ran to him before he opened the door to his house. 

He looked at me, surprised. "Hyemi, do you need anything?" he asked me. 

"Uhm, I just wanted to thank you for today." I said with a smile.

He smiled back, "No problem."

I suddenly had a flashback of everything that happened today. The L.Joe incident, then the one with Jay. Also when U-Kwon mouthed 'Whatever.'

"Something wrong?" I heard him ask me. 

I looked at U-Kwon, "I hope I wasn't any trouble for you." I embarrassingly said and bit my lip. 

He laughed, "Don't worry, you were no trouble at all." he assured me.

"Oh okay," I just nodded, "well goodnight." I told him. Was I really no trouble?

"Goodnight." he waved and went inside. 

I sighed and started walking back. There were some things that were still bothering me. The one that bugs me the most is why is Jay like that? Maybe it just wasn't his day, I mean everyone has those days right? 


Author's POV

_____, half asleep, got her stuff ready for school. Finally when she was done, she saw her phone lying on the table, completely lifeless, while the keychain attached to it simply hanged on the side of the table. 

She walked up to it and looked at it carefully. The keychain was baby blue and attached to it were separated cute little charms. A crystalized shooting star, a pure white fur ball with a baby blue bow and with a white and blue striped strap with the letter 'J'. She sighed as she just stared at it.

"Would it be safer for me to take it out?" she asked herself. It was a hard decision for her since this keychain meant a lot to her. She wanted to keep it attached to her phone but she couldn't let any of them see it or else they'll know. Especially Jay. 

"Maybe I'll just do the same as yesterday, stuff the keychain in my pocket if any of them are near." she thought and decided to do so. 

The vibe of her phone caught her off guard. 

'I’m here.' U-Kwon texted her. 

She completely forgot about the time. She didn't notice that it was already time for U-Kwon to pick her up. Right away she put her phone in her pocket and picked up her backpack as she made her way to the door. 


L.Joe's POV

I lazily got out of bed. 

"Byunghun!" I heard my dad calling to wake me up. "Were leaving in 15 minutes."

The first thing I did was check my phone. Two text messages. 

'Good morning Oppa! ;)' Yoona texted. 

'Morning L.Joe Oppa(:' Tiffany also texted. 

I smirked at the text messages and replied. I washed my face then got my uniform. 

"Bzz." I heard my phone vibe twice. They reply really fast. 

'Oppa will see you at school ;)' I texted them both back as I walked down the stairs. 

I saw dad standing at the door. 

"Texting girls again?" he said sharply. 

I sighed. 'Not this again,' I thought to myself. I passed right by him and slipped my shoes on. 

"You do know you can be getting better grades if you weren't wasting your time on these girls, Byunghun." he said as he placed his hand on my shoulder. 

I coldly shrugged it off. "I know dad."

"If you know then why are you still wasting your time?" he pointed out as he started walking to the car. 

I followed. "It's fun." I couldn't find any other answer. Either way, I knew he was going to lecture me like always. 

We both got in the car. I could already feel the tension. "Because it's fun?" he raised an eyebrow at me. 

I didn't bother answering him and looked out the window. 

"It's your last year, Byunghun. Don't waste your time on girls, you can worry about that later on." he started explaining.

Great, here he goes again. Yes, he started lecturing me. I continued to stare out my window, avoiding the sight of my dad. I don't get why he's still saying that. I already get really high marks but it's never enough for him. This is what I get for having a principal dad huh?

"If you’re planning to have a girlfriend, at least pick one that's not an idiot." I heard him say. "Most of the girls I see you with at school are only around you for your looks and because you flirt with them." he started explaining. 

I ignored that but so what if that was the only reason?

"Byunghun, you're still listening right?" he asked in a serious tone. 

"Yes dad." I just answered.

"Good. I know you're not going to actually acknowledge what I'm saying but the least you can do is at least only go for one girl. Or stop having a different girlfriend every week or so." he simply said as he parked in the school's parking lot. 

I immediately got out of the car and walked inside the school without looking back. 

I stood in front of my locker. I don't even know why I came to my locker, I can't even use it anyway. I felt someone hug me from behind. 

"Oppa, you're finally at school." I heard Yoona's voice speak. I looked back, it was her. 

"Hey." I said and gave her a wink. 

"How's Oppa today?" she asked me. 

I wrapped my arm around her shoulder and we started walking to the cafeteria. Once we turned the corner, my dad was standing there and he saw me. He sighed and went inside his office. I coldly looked away and smirked at Yoona making her blush. 

"What time does Sierra usually get to school?" I heard a sweet voice ask. 

I looked back and saw Hyemi. She was walking with U-Kwon. Pft, really? Him again?

"She should be here soon." he answered her question. 

I felt someone shake my arm. "Oppa." I looked and saw Yoona pouting. "Are you staring at that girl? She's not even pretty." she said. 

Was her voice always this irritating? "Of course not." I still answered. I checked to see if Hyemi was still there. Out of sight. "I need to go back to my locker, I forgot something." I took my arm off her shoulder. 

"I'll come with you." she wrapped my arm around her shoulder again. She gave me a flirty smile. I wanted to go alone but sure why not. Maybe Hyemi will actually show some interest in me this time. 


Your POV

"I'll meet you guys in the cafeteria." I told U-Kwon so he can go put his stuff in his locker.

"Okay, see you in a little." he said then made his way to his locker. 

I hanged my backpack inside my locker and checked my schedule for today. Boring day. I checked my phone, there was still a lot of time before class starts. 

I heard someone close opening their locker. Out of curiosity, I looked. L.Joe? Isn't his locker 'full of love letters' like he said? Never mind he's not even opening it, what is he even doing here?

He smirked at me then looked at the girl beside him. I rolled my eyes and put back my phone inside my pocket. I don't have to hide the keychain from him right?

"Oppa, I'm bored, let's go back to the cafeteria." I heard the girl whine. Her voice... I think I remember her. I tried getting a better look of her but L.Joe was in the way. He noticed me looking his way. I wasn't looking at him though, he probably thought I was looking at him which I'm not.

"I'll meet you there." he calmly told her. 

She just pouted. "Fine." she said then walked away. She gave me a death glare as she walked away. I remember her now, that's Yoona. 

"You really couldn't wait till she was gone, couldn't you?" L.Joe chuckled behind me. 

I turned around and faced him. "Couldn't wait for what?" I asked him. 

He smirked. This guy smirks a lot. "You were looking at me for so long, if you wanted a picture you could've just asked you know." he said as he crossed his arms and leaned against his locker. 

"Who would want a picture of you?" I mumbled to myself and closed my locker. 

Suddenly, I saw two arms placed on each side of my locker, surrounding me. 

"You're never going to admit it?" L.Joe's voice whispered behind me. 

Admit...? What does he mean exactly? Don't tell me this guy knows, I don't even know him that well. Does the principal know my situation? Everything? My hands started getting sweaty. 'If the principal knows, then that means L.Joe might know... Is he planning on using that as a threat to me?' I thought to myself. Maybe I'm just over thinking this. Maybe the principal has no idea. 

"Yah, turn." L.Joe ordered me. 

I already felt awkward with him standing behind me and he wants me to face him? I sighed and finally turned around but looked down. 

He tilted his head so he can meet eyes with mine. "Can I tell you something?" he asked me. What is he planning on telling me? I nodded in confusion. 

His face suddenly got closer to mine but I kept looking down. I still felt his face really close to mine. 

"What I want to tell you is that..." he paused for a moment. 

I decided to look at him, he was looking straight at me. Why am I getting nervous? The room felt warmer than before. Oh please no, why am I like this? I am mentally slapping myself right now. I'm not blushing or anything, he's just really close, that's all. 

What kind of expression was that? The one he was making. It was like a smirk but less... I don't know. His face started getting closer, what is this guy planning to do?

I felt his breath on my ear. "...You're weird." he finally finished his sentence. 

I bit my lip out of frustration and pushed him off of me. Not that he was ever on me. I rolled my eyes, "Look who's talking." I said as I was about to walk away. 

I heard him laugh, "What did you think I was going to say?"

My footsteps stopped, I don't even know why. I heard him getting closer. He stood beside me and leaned forward to look at me from the side with a grin still on his face. 

"Nothing." I coldly replied and sighed. 

He flicked his fringe to the side and laughed. "Nothing? Didn't look like you were thinking of 'nothing' when you were blushing." he pointed out and continued to cross his arms. 

I took a glance of him and walked away. What a jerk. 


L.Joe's POV

I watched her as she walked away. Nothing? My . She blushed.

"What was that about?" I heard Jay ask me. Where'd he come from?

I turned around and faced him. "Nothing." I said with a grin on my face. 

He just laughed. "So you weren’t kidding when you said she hated you." he said, "That's a first."

"Yeap, it's better that way." I kept the grin on my face. 

He just gave me this look, it's not the first time he's given me that look. "How is it better that way?" he asked me as we walked to meet up with the others. 

I already started thinking about it, I'm actually getting tired of these girls, they're always easy to get. Hyemi on the other hand, quite a challenge. I smirked at the thought. "She’s a challenge for me."

His eyes widened. He looked surprised. "So you don't really intend on really liking her?" he asked me and kept looking at me. 

I shook my head, "What difference does it make? I just want to see if I can make her like me."

Jay just sighed, "You're dumb." he started walking faster since the others were already at the table. 

"Yah!" I started catching up to him. 


Your POV

"What took you so long?" U-Kwon asked me as I walked to their table inside the cafeteria. 

I got caught off guard by the question. I didn't want to mention L.Joe to U-Kwon since their relation doesn't seem to be the best out there. 

"My locker wouldn't open." I lied but, usually, that would happen to me on a daily basis. Just not today. 

"Did you guys hear about the Halloween party that's happening at the end of the month?" Sierra asked all of us. 

Oh true, it's October. 

"Yeah, I heard people beside my locker talking about it." Kyung replied, looking excited with a giant smile on his face.

Halloween party... Something about it was ringing a bell but I couldn't remember exactly what it was. 

"Apparently it's going to be like a masquerade though." Zico pointed out. "Not just people dressed in costumes." he added. 

"Masquerade? That sounds interesting." I said. It'll be different from the other years. I know there's something different about the seniors' parties though. What was it? This is really going to bother me till I remember. 

"Tickets are going on sale on Friday, we should all go." Sierra said with a smile on her face. 

"That means we all need to find dates!" P.O jumped up as he said then looked at me, "Hyemi-ah..." he put on an innocent smile. 

Sierra slapped his arm, "YAH!" 

Everyone just looked at Sierra, completely surprised by her reaction. Does she like... P.O? 

She noticed everyone just staring at her. "Uh oh." I saw . "Uhm! No one dares goes with my cou--." she choked, "With my Hyemi." she corrected herself. Good job. 

Awkward silence. To me it was obvious, not sure about the others. 

The bell rang. We all got up and went to class. 


History, the most boring subject. I stared at my textbook as my teacher continued to talk about the whole chapter. He wrote on the board the work we'll have to do after but I already did it because I couldn't just listen to him for the whole course. 

I heard someone drop a pencil. I looked beside me and it was Niel. Yeah, Niel and Changjo are in most of my classes except English and science. I made sure they wouldn't recognize me. 

I picked up the pencil and gave it to him. 

He looked surprised as I handed it back to him. "Thanks." he whispered and slightly bowed his head. 

I did the same and slightly bowed my head. He turned back to his work too, I guess he too couldn't just sit there and listen. 

Changjo was sitting behind him. He was looking at Niel then he looked at me. 

I just politely waved with a simple smile and turned back to my book. 

I missed hanging out with them. All of them. I sighed and placed the side of my face on my book looking the opposite way of where Niel and Changjo were. I hope everything can be fixed with these stupid loan sharks so everything can be back normal...

Author's POV

Tears started forming in ______'s eyes as she realized that she wouldn't be able to regain the friendship she had with Jay and possibly with the others. Not after what happened. It was clear that she still had feelings for Jay even though she keeps telling herself that she doesn't. 

From across the room, Minhyuk noticed Hyemi looking down, not moving at all. She stayed in her bubble, unaware that he noticed that she wasn't okay. She wiped her tears away as if nothing happened then had a flashback of what happened that might have ruined everything.

Your POV

- Flashback -

I rushed to my locker to get back the stuff I wanted to keep before I leave. 

"Look! She's finally at school." I heard whispers travel the hallway as I entered the school. 

I finally got to my locker and quickly tried to open it before any of the guys see me. Being the clumsy person I am, I kept messing up my code because I felt pressured to rush. 

"Stupid locker, why won't you open." I said out of frustration with tears forming in my eyes. I roughly let go of my locker and sighed. 

I heard a gasp but I ignored it. Footsteps started getting closer, moving at a fast pace. 

"______?" Ricky... It's his voice. "Yah." he calmly said but I didn't budge. 

What am I going to tell him? I don't want him or the others to worry about me. I couldn't even look at him. None of them has ever seen me cry and I want to keep it that way. I wiped away my tears but continued to face my locker, still not taking a single glance at Ricky. 

"Where were you last week? You weren't there the whole week, is everything okay?" he sounded worried. I could picture exactly what expression he has on his face right now.

Ricky... You have no idea how much I wish everything was okay. I looked down but still never answered him. I noticed his hands balled into fists. He roughly grabbed both of my shoulders but I continued to look down. 


"_______!" he shouted. Ricky never shouted at me, this was the first time. I don't blame him though. "Are you going to answer me or are you going to continue ignoring me?" he asked me. I bit my lip. "Do you have any idea how much we're all worrying about you? You didn't answer your phone and even turned it off." he told me. More tears filled my eyes. "Everything is fine, Ricky." my voice cracked. Damnit. I turned to my locker and tried opening it again. I heard him sigh. "Yah ______!" he said with anger as he slammed my locker making a loud noise. I froze. "Just tell me." he said and stood beside my locker. 

"Ricky, everything is fine." I finally opened my locker and started getting my personal belongings. 

"Look at me and say that." he calmly demanded. 

I looked at the mirror inside my locker to make sure I had no tears falling. I sighed, my eyes were puffy and red. As I finished placing the stuff in my bag, I left the school books in my locker. There was a hoodie hanging inside my locker, it belonged to Jay. Should I bring it with me or give it to him personally? I don't think I'll be able to face him. I left it there and closed my locker. Tears fell but I immediately wiped them away. 

I finally looked at Ricky. He looked tense at first but then his expression changed once he looked at me. He looked more worried than I thought. 

"______..." he trailed off. He looked speechless. I was too. 

"I'm sorry Ricky." I told him. "Please tell the others I'm sorry too." I added and gave him a weak smile. 

"Is it because of Jay?" he looked confused as he asked me. 

I shook my head. "Sorry Ricky." I took one more look at Ricky with a smile. I picked up my backpack and started making my way out the school without looking back. 

-End of Flashback-