How Does He Know?

Thanks To Him

 

Your POV

"Bye bye." L.Joe winked at me before he walked out the door. I simply rolled my eyes at his now predictable action. 

"Okay, enough of that, I'm right here." Jay said while holding on to the door. 

L.Joe just smirked at Jay's comment. "Sorry, couldn't help myself." he said, looking right at me. 

"Bye." Jay closed the door on him making me giggle and he looked back at me. "So what do you think about all this?" a question that caught me off guard. 

"What do you mean by 'all this'?" I asked him, tilting my head to the side. 

"This whole thing about L.Joe going on a date. Aren't you jealous? Even though he did say it was lame." he looked at me the whole time with an eyebrow raised. 

Really Jay? "Pfft. I don't care. He's lying anyway." I told him then quickly covered my mouth. His eyes slightly widened. "I meant he's lying about how he said it was lame... Not the fact that he went on a date." I looked down, trying to avoid the misunderstanding that I almost caused. 

I heard Jay chuckle so I looked back at him. "So how do you know the date wasn't lame? It's not like you were with him on that date." he asked, trying to corner me with words by getting a full explanation from me. 

"Well... Uh..." I scratched the side of my head. "I'm tired. I'm going to go sleep now. Bye!" I tried to walk passed him but, with his quick reflexes, he grabbed onto my wrist without even turning around or taking a single glance. Not roughly, but not too lightly either. 

I bit my lip, slowly turning back to him with an unsure smile. "You're not letting me go till I..."

"Yeah, pretty much." he nodded.


Jay's POV

I held onto her wrist lightly, just waiting patiently to hear what she has to say.

"Let's just say I saw something." she just nodded while she avoided my gaze. 

"What did you see?" I asked, curiously this time. 

I looked at her with and she had an embarrassed expression on her face. She hesitated as she tried to explain. "Well, I kinda... Saw them... Like." she puffed her cheeks then looked at me. How cute. Oh . Not cute, I mean. "WELL, I'm sure you can guess what I saw."  

It was only now that I noticed how my jacket went so well on her. It fitted the same way it used to fit on _______. The bottom stopped a little after the pocket of her jeans. The sleeves covering most of her hand. 

"Jay... Bum?" for a second I thought she was about to call me Jay. I snapped out of my thoughts. She looked down at my jacket, the one she was wearing. "Oh," I let go of her wrist. "Thanks for your jacket." she said as she easily took it off and handed it to me with a smile. 

"No problem." I don't know why but thought of ______ started filling my mind. 

"I'm going to go sleep now, okay?" she kindly told me. She brushed her hair behind her ear making flow down so well with the rest of her hair. 

I just nodded. "Good night." I said to her. 

She shyly smiled and made her way up the stairs. Her long light brown hair swung from left to right after each step she took. She had the same kind of cut as ______ but Hyemi's hair was longer than hers. 

Why am I even comparing these two? Hyemi is L.Joe's girl and _____ is my gir-. Well, not really anymore I guess. I sighed and finally started making my way to the stairs. I opened the door to my room let myself fall on my bed. I closed my eyes only to be welcomed by her face. I immediately opened my eyes and shook away my thoughts. I sighed. Why won't you just get out of my mind?

I heard my text ringtone ring. I took out my phone out of my pocket and noticed that I didn't get any text whatsoever. Hmm, that's weird. I stared at the keychain hanging on it. I stared at both of our initials paired up together bringing a half smile to my face. 

"Where the hell did you go?" I mumbled to myself, throwing my phone to the other side of my bed but then I heard my text ringtone again. I lazily pulled myself to my phone and again, no text. "Stupid phone." I pushed it away. 

'Why am I even like this? It's been so long already. A year now...' I thought to myself as I sat up against the backboard of my bed. I got off my bed and decided to hang the varsity I lent to Hyemi. 

Once I picked it up, it felt heavier. Well only a bit. I looked through the pockets and found her phone. Oh hey, we have the same phone. As a reflex I pressed the 'home' button and saw two text messages. So you were the one that got text messages. My eyes, for some reason, looked at the name of the person who sent them. I chuckled at the name. 'Kim Yukwon'. I almost unlocked her phone but that'd be rude of me. I better give it back before I do something. I walked over to Hyemi's room but lights were already off. 

She must be tired... I walked back to my room and fell back on my bed, still holding on to her phone. I pressed the 'home' button again and read the first part of each text. 

'Hey Hyemi ^^"'

'Just wanted to know if you got home safely...'

I rolled my eyes this this guy's texts. If you wanted to know if she got home safely then you should've brought her home. Oh right. I guess he doesn't know that she's staying at my house. I was so tempted to look around her phone and reply to Yukwon's texts. But no, I can't. It's not my phone.

I stared at it for a while. Okay, if she doesn't have a code, I'll reply. If she does... Then maybe I'll try to figure it out just for fun. 

I took a deep breath and slid it to unlock. Surprisingly, she had no code. Well, I guess I'll...

I went to her messages and there was all hers and his text messages to each other. Gotta love iPhones, right? There was the full text he sent this time. 

'Just want to know if you got home safely. I don't know if you still want to meet me at the bus stop in the morning so we can go to school together like we used to. Didn't know your aunt’s house was still close to that bus stop. Msg me unless you fell asleep already :P'

Pfft, aunt's house? Since when was I her aunt? I snickered at his text. 'Msg me' I smirked at that part. This might be fun.

'I'm still awake and sure, I'd love to meet you there in the morning.'

Hmm, doesn't look like a girl sent it. I decided to add '^^"' at the end of the text. Send. 

A few seconds later, I got a reply. Wow, he's fast. 

'That took you a while to reply. Are you busy?

'Yeah I was earlier, I was on the phone with someone. ><"'

Let's see how he feels about that. 

'Oh, sorry if I bothered you ><

Everything this guy is sending me, well 'Hyemi', is getting more and more irritating.

'It's okay, haha. So what's up?' I replied. 

'Finishing up some homework. How bout you? (:'

I rolled my eyes at his smiley face. What is this guy trying to do? Oh right, he likes Hyemi. It's been so obvious at school lately. I'm not surprised that L.Joe changed her schedule to make sure they weren't in any of the same classes. 

'Just texting people.' I made the text to look like she's not interested in talking to him. 

'Oh I see. Uhm, Hyemi, there's something I want to tell you but I'm not sure if here is the right place to say it.'

A grin immediately formed on my lips. Oh this will be interesting. I smirked and texted back. 

'Really? What is it?'

This time he didn't reply right away. I waited patiently for him to text back. I tapped my fingers on my side table as I waited. He likes her. That's what he's going to say. This is perfect. 

I felt the vibe of the phone and heard the ringtone too. I looked and saw a long text. Wow, no wonder that took him a while. 

'Well, honestly, I've notice myself always feeling shy around you. Today was when I really realized that I had feelings for you. Yes, what I'm trying to say is that I like you. Possibly more than that. I had a rough time going home today and you managed to make me forget of everything bad that happened. Don't worry; it was nothing too serious but yeah. I know this is not the best way to tell you but I just couldn't wait any longer. That's pretty much it >< I hope reading this won't make you feel awkward'

Damn, that was a pretty long text. Hmm, how should I reply to this? 

'Oh, really? S: I don't know what to tell you right now. You're my friend and all; I've always seen you like a brother figure to me. And I actually have someone I like already ><'

I pressed 'send' feeling satisfied with what I typed. This is all for you L.Joe. 

Kim Yukwon...

You stole my girl, and now you're trying to steal my best friend's girl? Let's see how you like when he's going to be the one to steal her away from you. 


Your POV


The music of my phone started playing because of my alarm. I yawned while I stretched and rolled around my bed until I fell off. 

"Ow." I whined as I rubbed the arm that I landed on. I pouted and looked around my room, trying to find my phone with only one eye open. I did a whole 360 of the room but still didn't see it. It's usually on the table beside my bed. I rubbed my eyes as I followed the sound and noticed that it was on the desk near the door. That's weird; I scratched the top of my head. I don't usually put it there. Oh well, I let my music on my phone play. 

I looked through the bag of uniforms that L.Joe gave me, hoping that there's at least one normal sized uniform. I threw the ones with the tag 'extra-small' on it across the room in a corner."

YES! "OH MY GOD, FINALLY. MEDIUM!" I hugged it and hopped around my room. I started dancing to my music playing. "You are my shy, shy, shy b--"

"What the hell." I heard Jay's tired voice followed by a yawn. I turned around and saw him rubbing his eyes. "What're you so excited about?" he asked, half asleep. 

I showed him the uniform that I held with both of my hands. "It's a medium!" I said excitedly. 

He had no reaction, keeping a total poker face. "That's it?" I nodded happily. "You're fat." he coldly scoffed then closed my door and left. 

I blew my bangs upwards out of frustration. "Pfft, fat? I always wore a medium." I puckered my lips into a pout. "So mean today, that grumpy jerk. Someone didn't get much sleep last night." 


>> 

At school.


Why are they calling me to the secretary's office? I picked up all my stuff as I stood up from my seat. Everyone stared as I made my way to the front of the class. I made eye contact with Minhyuk and pouted. Yukwon on the other hand looked so out of it since class started. I wonder if there's anything wrong. I waved bye to Minhyuk and Yukwon but Minhyuk was the only one to wave back. I hope you feel better Yukwon. I finally got out of the class and walked down the hallway to go to the secretary's office. I'm getting nervous. Could it be because of the vans from yesterday? Do they know they came for me? I took a deep breath before I walked in. 

"Oh you must be Park Hyemi." she kindly said. "Here's your new schedule." she handed me a paper, my NEW schedule. 

"I didn't request for a new schedule, could there be a mistake? Maybe the wrong person?" I told her, hoping she did make a mistake. I don't want to change classes. It took me a while to get used to being in a new class and now I have to do it again? 

"If you have any questions concerning the change of your schedule you might want to ask Principal Lee. I do not have any control over schedules. I only got the note this morning." she explained. 

"Is it possible to change it back to normal?" I asked, wishing she'd say yes. I held tightly onto my books. 

"I'm afraid not. I'm sorry but you have to go to class now." I felt my mood drop. 

I thanked her and walked out the office with my head down. I looked at my new schedule and compared it to my old one. At least I still have the same gym class. And science class. 

I went straight to my new class since I still had math but a different teacher. At the other end of the hallway, I saw L walking my way. I avoided his deep tempting gaze and continued walking to class. 

I stood in front of a door and it matched the number the number on my new schedule. I took a deep breath before I was about to know but instead someone else knocked on the door before me. Whoever it was, it was a guy. Don't tell me... I slowly turned around and saw L standing behind me with a kind looking smile. I awkwardly smiled back. I turned back to the door and waited for the teacher to open it. 

"You're in my class now?" he asked as he whispered in my ear, still standing behind me. I felt his cold breath on my neck, sending shivers down my spine. 

I turned around and just to face him. "Yes I am. Can you not ever do that again?" I avoided his eyes that were staring right at me. 

His signature smirk was looking at me. I was able to see it from the corner of my eyes. "You mean this?" he suddenly got closer. A lot closer. I felt his cheek slightly touching mine. I bit my lip.

"Y-Yeah." I backed up only to hit my foot against the door. WHY ISN'T THIS TEACHER ANSWERING THE DOOR? 

He chuckled right beside my ear. "Just one question." he charismatically said as he stood up straight but took one step closer to me making the distance between us very small. "Who are you going for this time?"

I looked at him, confused by his question. "I-I'm sorry, what?" I felt myself shaking, for some reason a lot nervous than before. 

"L.Joe or Yukwon?" he asked. He looked amused as he spoke which started to scare me. "Or are you after Jay again?" he playfully asked this time, teasing me.

I dropped my books completely caught off guard by his last question. My breathing felt heavier, uneven. My heart started beating so fast, I felt it. He said 'Jay again?'... Again? Who is this guy and what does he know about me?

"I don't know what you're talking about." I said as I looked down and saw my books messily scattered on the floor between us. I was trying to figure what this guy is up to. I heard the door behind me finally open. FINALLY, stupid teacher. 

"I'm sure you know exactly what I'm talking about." he whispered as he passed by me and walked into class so casually as if nothing ever happened. What a jerk. 

A teacher stood by the door and greeted me. "Sorry about that, I didn't hear the knocking. Are you Park Hyemi?" the teacher asked. 

I nodded, "N-Ne.", and awkwardly picked up my stuff. I showed him my schedule, still shaking from the situation with L. 

"Perfect. Welcome to our class Hyemi-sshi." I walked inside and looked at the class. "You can sit wherever you want. There are no assigned spots in my class." 

No assigned spots? I take that back, when I called him a 'stupid teacher'. I sat down quietly on a seat by the window. I opened my book to the page written on the board. I ignored the whispers going around the class. The only thing that bothered me now was L. 

Or are you after Jay again?

That question kept playing like a song on repeat. My head dropped on my textbook. I can feel the stares I'm getting and for some reason, I can hear L's chuckle. The way he asked, he's just playing mind tricks on me, right? Does he know my real identity? I barely even know this guy...

Who is he?!

How does he know?