What A Jerk

Thanks To Him

 

"Hyemi." I heard a guy's voice repeatedly calling me. 

I looked up and noticed the class was empty, even the teacher was gone. It was just Minhyuk. 

"You do know that class ended almost ten minutes ago." He told me. 

If class ended almost 10 minutes ago then that means... "Oh snap." I stood up, "Class is starting in like 5 minutes."

"Nope, it's actually lunch time now." he informed me. 

Did 2nd period already pass? Lunch time? Already? "Really?" I asked him. I thought he was kidding. 

"Yeah," he said as he leaned against a desk. "By the way, are you okay?" he asked me. 

Why is he asking me this? "Yeah, I'm fine, why do you ask?"

"In history you didn't look so happy, but I guess you're feeling better now." he said with a smile showing his dimples. 

I nodded, "Yeah... Better." I hesitated. "We should go meet the others. Let’s go?" I said as I picked up my books. 

He nodded and led the way. 


The halls were empty since everyone was either outside or in the cafeteria. Minhyuk went to his locker which was on a different floor than mine. 

I looked and noticed someone close to my locker. Oh look, it's L.Joe. 

I got to my locker and started doing my combination. "What do you want L.Joe?" I asked him and messed up my code. Damnit. 

"You really look hot in a school uniform." he said and leaned against his locker. 

"I'm going to ask you again, what do you want L.Joe?" I tried doing my combination again. 

"I should be the one asking you that." I heard him smirk. 

Finally opening my locker, I looked at L.Joe and saw his curved smile looking at me. "Well, if that's the case, I want you to stop talking to me." I coldly said. I didn't really mean to, it's just that I don't want to get involved with any guys since Jay is here. Especially guys like him. 

He chuckled. "I see how it is. You already like someone."

I took my wallet out of my bag. I don't know if 'like' was the right word. I don't even know what I feel for Jay now. "No, I don't." I closed my locker and faced him. "You know, your girlfriend is probably looking for you, I don't think she'd want to see you with me." I told him while I crossed my arms. I can't believe this guy is going out with Yoona, well actually I can. They're both the same, flirts. I remember how shed would always try to make a move on Jay even when he clearly ignores everything she does. 

"Girlfriend?" he laughed, "Just so you know, I don't have a girlfriend at the moment." he smirked at me. Oh, Yoona isn't his girlfriend.

"Why are you staring at me like that?" I asked. "Do you think I'm interested?" I'm clearly not, why doesn't this guy get it?

He roughly placed his hand against my locker. My back felt like it was a magnet and it quickly placed against my locker. I really need to stop staying around lockers with this guy. 

"You clearly are." he smiled. Did he read my mind? If he did, he read it wrong. "It's not that hard becoming my girlfriend." he said and came closer to me.

I chuckled and looked away. "I don't care if becoming your girlfriend is easy, I'm not interested in guys like you." I said and pushed him off me then started making my way to see the rest. 


"We're all going to the Halloween party right?" P.O excitedly asked all of us. 

"It's our last year, so why not." Zico said as he put his earphones on. 

"I don't have a costume though." I said and pouted. 

"Me too." Sierra added. 

"I think none of us have any." U-Kwon said as he tilted his head to the side. "We should go costume shopping together." he smiled brightly. 

Everyone just nodded. 

Minhyuk, who was looking outside, turned to all of us. "We should go after school." he suggested. 

"Yeah, we should!" Kyung replied with excitement. 

I heard my tummy grumble. I took a peek at everyone but no one noticed except Sierra. 

"You're hungry?" she asked me. 

I nodded. 

"Okay," she grabbed my arm, "be right back guys." she stood up. 

"I can go by myself, I'll be fine." I told her so she can stay with the guys. "Does anyone want anything?" I asked all of them. 

"No it's okay, we're fine." Zico replied. 

I got up and went towards the food area to buy myself lunch. 

I stood in line with other people waiting. None of them want anything? I'll still buy something we can all share. From where I stood in line, I looked at our table where the rest sat at. I noticed Jaehyo talking. He doesn't usually talk when I'm around. I'm actually not sure what he sounds like. Maybe because I just met him, I hope he doesn't hate me or anything. 

"Boo." I felt someone grab me by the waist and pull me. 

I checked to see who it was. L.Joe, I should've known. "YAH!" I pushed him off. 

He smirked, "What's wrong?"

I took a deep breath and turned around to get a tray. 

"Don't like skinship, huh?" he said. I ignored him. "I can change that." I heard him chuckle. 

I suddenly felt two arms around my waist and his head on my shoulder. 

I bit my lip, "You do know I'm holding a tray." I told him. 

"Yeah, I see that. Don't worry, I'll pay for lunch." he said as he left his chin on my shoulder. 

"If you don't take your arms off me, this tray is going to smack you across the face." I threatened him. Who does he think he is? 

He let go, "Fine." 

I took a plate of the lunch of the day and placed it on my tray. I made my way to the cashier and L.Joe just followed. I looked at him from the corner of my eye. I took out my wallet and got the right amount of change to pay my lunch. 

"I'll take care of that." L.Joe came closer and grabbed my hand. He looked at the cashier, "She's with me." he grabbed my tray and started bringing me somewhere.

"Yah, you didn't even pay." I said and tried shaking his hand off mine. 

"If you keep doing that I'm going to drop your food." L.Joe said and continued walking. 

I looked at my table where the rest were, none of them noticed. Pout. 

"Who's that girl with L.Joe?" I heard a girl ask. I looked and the group of girls just looked at me with wide eyes. 

"She's the new girl." another responded and hesitated. 

"Pft, new girl." I mumbled her words and pouted. 

"Huh?" L.Joe asked me. 

"Nothing." 

"Good." he stopped pulling me and I heard the tray being placed on the table. 

I turned to see the table he brought me to. There were only two seats. "What kind of table is this?" I asked him. 

"A table for two." he simply answered. 

I sighed, "No really," I said sarcastically. "I don't know what you're trying to do but I'm hungry so I'm going to eat."

"Perfect, now sit." he demanded. 

"Not here though." I grabbed my tray and started walking back to my table. 

"Yah!" I heard L.Joe call but I kept walking until I reached the right table. 

"That took you longer than I thought." Sierra pointed out. 

"She was with L.Joe, you guys didn't see?" I heard Jaehyo speak. It's the first time. Well for me it was. 

Everyone just turned to me as if being with L.Joe was a sin. 

"Uh..." I didn't know what to say. 

P.O tilted his head to the side, "Why were you with L.Joe?" he curiously asked me. 

"He was lining up for lunch too, I guess that counts." I awkwardly replied. 

"Oh." all of them said as if what Jaehyo said earlier was nothing. 

"Yah, you! New girl!" I heard a girl shout my way. 

I turned around, assuming it was me, and saw Yoona. She took a few steps closer to me. I noticed from the corner of my eyes that the rest stood up from their seats except Jaehyo. 

"I'm talking to you." Yoona spoke with much attitude. 

This reminds me of when I used to be with Jay. I just looked at her with a confused look, not saying a single word. 

"I don't know what you're trying to do with my L.Joe, but you should know your place in this school." she said as she continued to glare at me.

I sighed and rolled my eyes. She said the same thing with Jay. "I'm not trying to do anything with 'your' L.Joe." I simply replied to her. 

She looked at me with an eyebrow raised. "Then why are you holding his hand?" 

The cafeteria became silent, I guess everyone noticed what was happening. This happened with Jay too. 


Jay's POV

"Where were you?" I asked L.Joe as he sat down at the table with the rest of us.

He sat down and looked at all of us. "With a girl." he replied. Not surprised, why did I even ask. 

"Who is it? Yoona?" Ricky asked and tilted his head to the side. 

L.Joe shook his head. "Hyemi." he answered Ricky. 

So he's really going to do what he said? "You weren't kidding about what you were talking about earlier, were you?" I asked him. 

He chuckled, "You thought I was?"

I just sighed and looked away then noticed a crowd near Block B's table. 

"What's happening there?" CAP asked and the rest just looked in the same direction. 

"Let's go see." Chunji said and started walking towards the crowd. Niel, Ricky, Changjo just followed. 

"I think I heard Yoona's voice." CAP said as he tried to listen attentively. 

"I'm curious, let's go check it out." L.Joe stood up and led the way, closer to their table. 

I sat against a table and just observed what was happening from where I was. It was Yoona talking to someone, I wasn't sure who though since I couldn't see the other person. 

"Yoona, I think you should leave." I heard a guy's voice speak. 

Someone chuckled. "Oh look who's here to save the day, her knight in shining armour." I heard a guy's voice I recognized. I slightly moved my head to the side and saw L.Joe with his arms crossed beside Yoona.

"What's he doing there?" I asked myself. I checked to see who they were talking to. Is that Kim Yukwon? Pft. And the girl beside him... What's her name again?

I noticed the girl just rolled her eyes and glared towards L.Joe and Yoona's way. I thought L.Joe was trying to make her like him?

"I see that you're going for the new girl too huh?" L.Joe smirked. "Even after what happened last year?"

Yukwon's hands balled into fists. Park Hyemi tugged onto his arm to stop him from doing anything. Hyemi... That's her name. 

"Jay, you okay?" Ricky asked me. 

"Huh? Why?" I asked him. 

He pointed at my hands that were also balled into fists. 

I sighed, and let loose. "I'm fine." I said and placed my hands in my pockets. 

Ricky just nodded slowly, probably not believing what I said. He went back to join Chunji and them. 

'Even after what happened last year?' L.Joe's question repeated in my head. 


Your POV

"Even after what happened last year?" L.Joe daringly asked with a smirk. 

I was caught off guard by that question. What did happen last year? I noticed U-Kwon become tense. His hands turned into fists. He looked frustrated so I held onto his arm. 

"Don't listen to him." I whispered to U-Kwon. 

He just took a deep breath. "What happened last year is the past, can't you guys just let that go?" U-Kwon coldly said. 

L.Joe continued to show off his smirk as he looked at me and not U-Kwon. "I wonder if you're planning to do the same this year. The thing is..." he took a glance at U-Kwon then back at me, "I won't let that happen." 

I looked at U-Kwon, I can tell that he was really frustrated now. 

"You do know that what you think happened last year is not true?" U-Kwon said confidently. 

L.Joe chuckled, "That's really hard to believe." 

"L.Joe, just stop it." I told him. I was getting tired of this. 

L.Joe just nodded, "Fine. I'll talk to you later." he winked at me and proceeded to exit the cafeteria. 

I bit my lip out of frustration. What a jerk! 

"Yah, guys calm down." I heard Zico say as he placed his hand on both of our shoulders. 

Everyone that was speculating earlier went back to their table, probably talking about what just happened. 

I turned around to face the rest. "I don't get it though..." I trailed off and tried thinking about what happened. 

"It's okay I don't get it either." Sierra said as she came up to me. 

I looked at U-Kwon. Minhyuk was talking to him, trying to calm him down. We sat back at the table but U-Kwon decided to go back to his locker earlier today. 

I pouted as I watched U-Kwon walk out the cafeteria alone. "Stupid L.Joe." I mumbled to myself. 

"Is he okay?" P.O asked Minhyuk as he sat down with the rest of us. 

"He'll be fine." he answered P.O. 

As much as I wanted to ask him what exactly happened last year, I felt that it was none of my business. Well, it wasn't my business at all. 

The bell rang and we all just looked at eachother. 

"Maybe we should reschedule what we were planning to do after school to Friday." Kyung said as he stood up. P.O just nodded. 

"Sounds good, hopefully nothing happens Friday." Zico spoke. 

I felt bad for making them reschedule. They stood up and said bye then walked to their lockers. 

"I'll see you later." Sierra said with a smile and waved. 

I waved back and just stood there. I hope U-Kwon feels better soon. As for L.Joe, I'll just ignore him now. I felt a hand on my shoulder. I looked and saw Minhyuk. 

"Don't worry about what happened." he said as he started walking, making me walk with him since his arm was around my shoulder. 

"But, why do they hate eachother? U-Kwon doesn't seem like the type to do anything bad to anyone." I told Minhyuk while we both walked to our lockers. 

"He isn't that type of guy." he replied, "It's just a long story."

"Oh, I see. Well, bye Minhyuk." I waved as I entered my hallway and went to class.