Switched

Thanks To Him

L.Joe's POV


I brought Hyemi to the park since I didn't really know where else to bring her. I looked at her as she stared at the ground. This girl is really bipolar but I don't blame her. I don't understand entirely her situation but it'd be bad if I didn't do anything. How do I do this though?

I tried calling Jay a few times but he never answered. So I decided to call Chunji. 

"Hello?" I heard him answer. In the background I heard a girl giggle. 

That giggle made me think about what I was going to ask him. Hmm, maybe not. "Uh, maybe I called the wrong person." I replied. 

"L.Joe?" he asked. 

"Yeah, my bad. Wrong person." I told him. 

"What were you going to ask?" Chunji asked, curious to know. 

Should I tell him? "I was going to ask you how to..." my sentence trailed off.

"Ask me what?" he sounded so confused. 

"Nothing, I think I'm going to call Ricky." I told him. Ricky seemed like the one to know best about this. 

"Pft, okay fine. I'm busy anyway." I can tell that he was smirking by the way he said it. 

We both hung up and I quickly called Ricky. 

"Hello?" Ricky answered. 

"Uh, Ricky..." I trailed off again. 

"Is there something wrong?" he asked, concerned. 

I looked at Hyemi who was still looking at the ground. "Yeah..."

"What is it?" he asked. 

"How do you..." I couldn't find the right words to say. "Like... Uh... Comfort a girl?" THERE! I GOT IT!

His line stayed quiet for a few seconds before he replied. "What did you do?" Ricky asked seriously this time. 

"Yah, I didn't do anything. Something just happened and now she's not really feeling... the best right now." Wow, great way to explain it L.Joe. 

"It's funny how you're asking me for advice for once." he giggled. "But I guess it makes sense since you're not really... Uh." he stopped his sentence. 

I sighed. "That's why I'm asking you." I told him. "So how do you do it?" 

"Well, just make her feel like everything's going to be okay. I don't know how to explain, it should come naturally." he started explaining. "Try hugging her and try to make her feel safe." 

Even with what Ricky was telling me what I should do, I still wasn't sure how to do it. "Uhm, okay. Thanks Ricky." I still thanked him. 

"Okay, bye." he said then hanged up. 

I sat beside Hyemi and thought about what Ricky said. Everything he said kept repeating in my head. He said 'hug' right? I can do that. I carefully wrapped my arms around her. Why isn't she reacting? Am I doing something wrong? Hmm, what else did Ricky say? 'Make her feel safe.' How am I supposed to do that?

I pulled back from my hug to see her facial expression. Still the same as before. I hugged her again and patted her back. "Everything's going to be okay." I said but I sounded so awkward. This is really not me. I heard her sniffle. Uh oh. I pulled away again and her eyes were teary. A tear slowly made its way down her cheek but my hand automatically cupped her face and whiped it away with my thumb.

She looked up and our eyes met. Looking at her teary eyes made me feel weird so I just hugged her again. I felt uncomfortable seeing her like this. "It's okay, L.Joe is here. I'm here." the words escaped my mouth, surprisingly. Woah, where'd that come from?

She dug her face on my chest. "Yah you better not get your make up on my sh---" I paused. "Wait a minute, you don't wear makeup. Nevermind."

I suddenly got a phone call and I answered it. "Hello?"

"L.Joe?" I recognized Jay's voice speak through the phone. 

"Yeah?"

"You called so many times before. Need anything?" he simply asked. 

I looked at Hyemi and her face was still against my chest. "Can I ask for a favor?" I asked, hoping he'd agree to anything right now. 

"It depends what it is."

So I explained everything that happened concerning Hyemi. 

"Oh snap..." he didn't know what else to say. ”So what do you want me to do?" he suddenly asked. 

"Is it okay if she stays at your place for now?" I asked him. "You know, since your parents are out of town."

"Why doesn't she stay at your place?"

"You know my dad..." I knew that my dad would give me a long speech about girls again and I really doubt that he would let a girl stay at home for I don't know how long. 

"Oh true." he understood. "I guess she can stay here. Where are you guys?" 

"Some park close to her place." I told him. "Not exactly sure where we are though."

"Is it the one with the black and blue swing set?" 

I looked around and saw one but don't all parks have swing sets? "I see one. I think." 

"Uhh, what bus did you take? Wait you said you're close to Hyemi's place earlier right?" 

"Yeah." I said and nodded even though he couldn't see me nod. 

"I think I know where you two are. I'll just pick you guys up there." he said and I heard him pick up his jacket then he hung up. 

"Who was that?" I heard Hyemi ask me with a soft voice. Her head was now on my shoulder. Her eyes weren't teary anymore but she still looked sad. 

I sighed. "A close friend of mine. You'll be staying at his place for now if that's okay with you." 

She simply nodded and answered like a little kid. "Okay."

I can't even believe this is Hyemi right now. 


Jay's POV


I squinted to make sure it was them. They were sitting on the bench close to the tree. I chuckled, 'That bench.'

I ran over to them. I never thought I'd see this from L.Joe to be quite honest. Hyemi's head rested on his shoulder while she slept. He looked up at me. 

"Hyemi-ah." he said to wake her up. 

"Ne?" she sounded so tired. 

I looked at her. "Doesn't she wear glasses?" I asked him. 

"Yeah, but she forgot to take them off before the ride." he explained. 


When we finally arrived to my house. I carried Hyemi to my room while L.Joe brought up the luggages. 

When I placed her on my bed. I got caught off guard by the way she looked while she slept. 

"She's pretty hot, huh?" L.Joe suddenly asked. He probably noticed that I was staring at her. 

That wasn't exactly what I was thinking. "The glasses make a big difference." it was true though. 

L.Joe looked at her too now. "Yeah, I was surprised too." I could've sworn that she's ______.

Should I tell him? I never got to show L.Joe how ______ looked. "Did I ever tell you that she looks a lot like a friend of mine?" I noticed myself use the present verb tense. 

L.Joe just chuckled. "Really? Why have I never met her?" he just smirked. 

"She looks a lot like _____." I told him with a slight half smile. 

He looked caught off guard. 


Your POV 

My eyes fluttered open and I stretched the way I do every morning. I tried to get my phone from the dresser right beside my bed. I slap the dresser a few times to try to find it but no luck. I sat up and rubbed my eyes. Uh oh. 

This isn't my room... I looked around. I see something that looks like my phone. I squint my eyes to see my keychain hanging from the table across the bed. I got up and went towards it to pick it up. 

It suddenly vibed once. I checked to see who it was. 'L.Joe.'

I opened it. 

'Is she awake yet?' 

She? Why is he talking to me and putting me in 3rd person. 

'I'm awake. Why?' I texted back. 

It vibed again. He texts fast. 'Oh good morning (: why do you have Jay's phone?' I dropped the phone once I finished reading that text. I looked at the keychain and noticed that it wasn't mine. Wait a minute; he said Jay's phone right? I looked closely at the keychain. 

Oh. . Wasn't it attached to his bag before? I heard the door open so I quickly jumped back on the bed and hid under the blanket. 



Jay's POV

I'm pretty sure I left my phone in my room last night. I listened carefully from the outside of my room to make sure she's not doing anything but sleeping. 

I guess she's still sleeping. I slowly turned the doorknob and heard a pound thump noise. Oh, I guess she's awake already. I walked in and saw her under the blanket. What is she doing? I stood beside my bed, just waiting for her to get out of the blanket. "I know you're not sleeping. You're really not slick." I told her and crossed my arms as I waited. 

"I'm not decent." I heard her mumble. 

Oh. "My bad." I was about to leave my room but then I noticed her luggages still the same way it looked yesterday. "You didn't even open your luggages. How are you supposed to even change?" I went back and sat on my bed this time. 

She didn't answer. 

I pulled the blanket off her. "Changing? My ." I said as I saw her fully clothed. 

She covered her face and looked down. "Can you get out?" 

"It's my room."

"You don't want to see my bare face." she said, still covering her face with her hands. 

I sighed. "You don't even wear makeup."

She didn't answer again. 

I wonder... "Do you remember what happened last night?" I asked her. 

Her hands fell on her lap and she tilted her head as she was thinking. 

I swear, she really looks like ______. They have the same actions too...

"I remember being on the bus going home with L.Joe." she replied. 

"That's it?" I asked her. 

She paused for a moment. "I guess he brought me home." she hesitated.

I chuckled. "Home? I'm pretty sure that this is my home."

Her eyes widened. "Don't tell me I did anything stupid last night."

I looked at her, giving her no reply just to see how she'd react. 

She brushed her hair back. "Oh my god..." she mouthed. 

"Do you really not remember anything?" I asked, waiting for a response from her. Don't tell me she has the same sleeping habit as ______. Being so tired that she doesn't remember what happened last night? Such a coincidence. 


Your POV

I sat there, still thinking what he meant by what happened last night. I remember getting on the bus with L.Joe... What happened after? Oh. Snap. Don't tell me I fell asleep. 

My hand went over my chest. My heart is racing right now. I shyly looked towards Jay but he was looking out the window. 

"Why..." I froze when he turned to look back at me. "Why am I not at home?" 

He was the one that froze this time. "Uhm." he bit his lip. 

I patiently waited. 

I saw that he was about to answer but then his phone started ringing. He looked down and found his phone on the floor. He looked confused, probably thinking why his phone was on the floor. 

Oops. 

"Yeah?" Jay answered. He walked out the room. 

I looked at the hanging clock on the wall. School is starting in 40 minutes? Oh snap. I jumped over to my luggages to get my uniform. 

Where... 

I emptied all my luggages on the bed. WHAT?! Where is it? I sat on the floor and stared at the mirror. I just looked at myself for a while. 

Glasses...

Okay I remember that. I remember losing it at the amusement park. I found my extra pair of glasses on the bed and put it on. I sighed, that was pretty risky not having them on in front of Jay. 

The door swinged open and Jay was there. "Why aren't you wearing your uniform yet?" he asked. He was already wearing his uniform. 

"I can't find it..." I stared at my empty bags. He sighed. 


Aigoo, this is so weird. Great way of trying to not get everyone's attention. I looked down as I walked. 

I opened my locker and neatly hanged my backpack inside along with my jacket. 

"Hyemi-ah." I heard a guy's voice call. I looked over and saw Yukwon walking towards me. 

I smiled, I feel like I haven't seen him in forever. "Hi Yukwon."

He just gave a smile of relief. "I heard you slept over at your aunt's house." he told me. 

Aunt's house? "Oh, yeah." I couldn't tell him that I slept at Jay's place. "Who told you that?"

"Neighbor told me when I went to pick you up this morning." he simply replied. 

"Oh..." I nodded, "I'm sorry that you had to walk alone yesterday and this morning." I bit my lip. I completely forgot. 

He avoided my gaze and bit his lip too but looked back at me. "It’s okay." he showed off his great smile. "Am I still bringing you home or are you sleeping over at your aunt's house again?"

I am NOT going to stay at Jay's house again. "Bring me home please." I kindly begged and giggled. 

His eyes smiled, "Sure thing. Felt a bit lonely yesterday."

"Don't worry; I'll be there this time." I smiled back. 

The bell rang and he just waved then left to go back to his locker. 


L.Joe's POV

Yes! I start with English and I get to see Hyemi. I walked towards my class and noticed Hyemi walking too. 

As I was about to catch up, I only noticed now that someone was beside her. U-Kwon...

She laughed and covered her face. U-Kwon then wrapped his arm around her shoulder. Seriously? I chuckled. Seems like I'm going to have to do something about that. 


Your POV 


"I just noticed, you're wearing a guy uniform." Yukwon walked with me since our English classes are both beside each other. 

"Oh, it's a long story." I told him. It would be weird if I told him they belonged to Jay. 

I saw him smile as we both walked. "You still look cute though." he continued to smile but kept looking forward. 

My cheeks. Oh my god. I tried laughing it off since I felt my cheeks burning. I covered my face then I felt his arm wrap around my shoulders and he pulled closer to him. This is seriously not helping. 

Once he brought me to class, he winked at me and waved then walked over to his class. 

I swear... That wink... Wow. 

"Why are you blushing so much? Happy to be in the same English class as me?" I heard L.Joe say from behind. 

"I'm not blushing! And pfft, not even." I quickly went inside the class and sat down at the back where my seat was. 

L.Joe sat in his spot. He had a frustrated expression on. 

This is probably not the best time but it's my chance to ask him what exactly happened yesterday. I poked his shoulder. 

He turned his head to look at me. "Hmm?"

"What happened yesterday?"
2ddw
He froze for a while. "What do you mean?"

"Why..." I hesitated, "Why was I at Jaebum's house?" I always hesitate when I asked that. 

He avoided my stare. "You lost your key and I didn't know where you lived so..." he scratched the back of his head.

"Oh." I guess that makes sense. Damn... I really don't remember that though. 

I heard him laugh. I looked at him and have him a 'what?' look. 

"You're quite friendly when you're tired." he smirked. 

"What?"

"You give nice hugs." he continued to smirk. 

I glared at him. "I didn't even hug you."

"So you really don't remember?" he asked.

I shook my head.


Authors POV

The school day surprisingly passed a lot faster than ______ had thought. It's now 4th period and the only thing that was stuck in her mind was what L.Joe told her. About what happened yesterday. She mentally slapped herself many times. 

"I did not kiss him. I did not kiss him." she keeps mumbling to herself as she walked to gym class. 

"Yes you did." L.Joe popped up behind her, hearing exactly the words she was mumbling.

"Shut up L.Joe." she coldly said and walked faster towards the girls changing room. She slipped on her gym clothes and tied her hair into a messy bun. She looked at the mirror as she placed the tips of her fingers on her lips. "I did not kiss him." she whispered to herself while she shook her head. 

"Did not kiss who?" Sierra walked by, already in her gym clothes. 

_______'s eyes widened but acted like she didn't say anything. "What?"

"What were you saying?" she stood beside me in front of the mirror. 

"I was singing a song...” she slowly turned to Sierra and smiled then walked inside the gym for the last class of the day. 


Yukwon's POV


We waited for the teacher to start class but he was late. Sierra and Hyemi are lucky since they just walked in now. 

"SHE WHAT?" I heard Niel shout. 

I looked from the corner of my eye and Teen Top was there. Good thing that the rest was in the same gym class too. 

The teacher finally arrived. Hyemi and Sierra quickly sat down. 

Blah, blah, blah, blah...

"The pairings were made before-hand." Mr. Shin said as he held his clipboard and pen. "First pair will be..." he started naming people. 

"Why are the pairs girl-boy?" Sierra asked the teacher. 

Oh, that's true. I looked at each person that he called out with their partners. 

"It's like that for a reason." the teacher replied. 

"But there are more guys than girls." Zico raised his hand and spoke.

"That's why some pairs will be guy-guy." 

Most guys awed. I hope I'm not one of them. It'd be great if I got paired up with ______ though. 

"Changjo with Sierra..." he continued. "Yukwon with ______." 

I smiled when I heard her name after mine. 


Your POV

I can hear Teen Top talking about what me and L.Joe did yesterday. Most of it was true. We went to an amusement park, we ate at a restaurant...

"You ready?" 

I looked up and saw Yukwon standing in front of me. 

"Ready for what?" 

 

The teacher started explaining to us why he paired us up this way. He wanted to show us the difference between the amount of sit-ups and push-ups guys can do compared to girls. Thanks.

I at push-ups… I looked over at Sierra, she didn’t look happy. At all. She was complaining to the teacher and asking him if she can change partners. We had to go over to the mats to start the exercises. Guys were going to start first but…

“Hyemi!”

I heard the teacher call my name. I turned and he called me over. I looked at Yukwon who was already ready to start. He nodded and told me to go see him. I nodded back and went to the teacher and waited for him to tell me whatever it was.

“You’re going to have to switch partners.”