Lip Biting

Thanks To Him

 

I slowly walked downstairs but stopped halfway to see if they were already awake. To my surprise, they were sitting on the couches in the living room. 

Okay, ______, all you need to do is apologize to L.Joe and thank him for the macaroons. Well, not only that but for everything he's done for you so far. Apologizing to L.Joe... Sounds odd. Never thought I'd see the day. I took a deep breathe. Wait, why am I stressing so much over this? I lightly slapped my face. I walked down the rest of the steps. 

"You're awake." Jay announced and L.Joe turned around to see me.

L.Joe let out an awkward smile. "Good morning." 

I did the same. "Morning." So awkward...

I sat on the couch beside L.Joe. Hmm, maybe I should apologize later. This atmosphere is too awkward. 


Ricky's POV

 

We met up at the park, our usual spot.

"Have you guys heard from L.Joe or Jay?" CAP hyung asked us. 

"Nope." Niel shook his head and so did the rest. 

Chunji sat down with the rest of us. "That's not like them; they're usually the first ones here too."

They're right. "Do you think something happened?" I asked all of them. 

"Is it coincidentally just both of them?" Chunji added. 

Changjo wiped the sand off the top of his shoes. "Or it could be something that concerns both of them." Changjo might be right. 

"What would that be?" CAP asked. 

"Hyemi?" I randomly blurted out. 

They all made an 'o' with their mouths and nodded. 

"Makes sense." Chunji said while he was texting. 

I sighed as I thought about Hyemi. The fact that she reminds me of _______ keeps bothering me. Am I really the only one that thinks that? I swear, they have so many things in common. Maybe it is her... But why would she be pretending to be someone else? 


Your POV 

Why can't I get myself to apologize to L.Joe? I let myself fall on my bed. Why is today Sunday? 

I turned to the side and took my phone and looked through my text messages. I accidentally opened the texts between my mom and I. 

'I left you lunch money on your dresser. Have a good day at school.

'Dress warm today, it's a bit cold.'

'I'm working overtime tonight so I'm going to be home later than usual. There are still leftovers from last night if you get hungry.'

A tear escaped my eye and made its way down my cheek. I quickly wiped it away but more just continued to fall. 

"Hyemi!" L.Joe called as he knocked. 

I wiped away my tear as fast as I can. I used my phone as a mirror to check if my eyes were fine. Luckily they weren't that bad. "Yeah?" I managed to call. 

"Can I come in?" He asked through the door. 

"Yeah."

The door opened and L.Joe walked in. He bit his lip as he sat on my bed. Oh my god, please do not lip bite. I looked away.

"Uhh..." he trailed off and scratched the back of his neck.”If you don't feel like going to school tomorrow I can confirm your absence for you." 

I thought about it. I think I'm okay enough to go to school. "Oh, I'll let you know." I still told him. He couldn't look at me. 

He simply nodded. "Okay." he paused. "Well, I'll see you tomorrow." he finally looked at me. 

"Bye bye." I waved with a smile. 


I woke up to someone knocking on my door. I got my glasses and put them on then the door opened. It was Jay. 

"You going to school today?" he asked, already wearing his uniform. He looks so good in the school uniform. 

"Uhm, yeah. I'm coming." I said as I sat up and stretched. 

"Oh and these are for you." I handed me a pretty big bag. I tilted my head to the side. "Uniforms. Since you don't know what happened to yours."

"Ohh... How'd you get..." 

He chuckled. "Your boyfriend." he said with a smirk. 

I cringed at his words. "He's not my boyfriend." I said as I glared at him. 

"Well, if ever, don't be too harsh on him. He's a good guy." he smiled and swiftly left the room. 

I sighed. Seems like Jay doesn't mind the idea of me and L.Joe ending up together... Would he still feel the same if he knew who I really am? Not Park Hyemi but me? ______?

I shook away those thoughts and quickly put on my new uniform. The fit felt kind of different but I thought it was because it was new. I was wrong. I looked at the mirror and noticed my skirt a lot shorter than usual and my polo is slightly tighter. 

"I am SO going to hit L.Joe." I roughly grabbed my phone and backpack then went downstairs. 

"You ready to..." Jay turned around and saw me. He raised an eyebrow at me. "Uh, don't you think you put your skirt a bit too high? I know L.Joe likes that but you don't really have to do that to make you like him." he scoffed. 

I glared at him. "You really think I’m doing this on purpose for L.Joe?"

"I don't know." he shrugged but then he looked at me. He just stared at me for a while. What is he doing? He shook his head. 

"Are you okay?" I asked him.

He nodded, "Yeah." he scratched his head and tilted it to the side. "Be right back." he said and went upstairs. 

I sat on the arm-rest of the couch and placed a pillow on my lap to cover my short skirt. I looked at my phone to check the time. What's taking him so long? I finally heard his footsteps walk down the stairs. I gave him a confused look. Why does he have...?

He handed me a school skirt. "Wear this instead. Don't ask why I have it."

I was actually going to ask him but guess not. I mean, why would he have one? I went to the bathroom to change. I looked at the mirror and felt more comfortable. Thank god he had one.

"Let's go?" I said as I stepped out the bathroom. I didn't get a response though. I looked at Jay and he was just staring at the floor. I walked over to him and waved my hand in front of him. He blinked and looked at me. "Thanks for the skirt." I told him. 

He nodded with half a smile. He got up and grabbed his bag then led the way to the bus stop. I quietly followed him. 


Once we got off the bus, Jay left without a word. I wonder what's wrong with him...

I got to my locker and, like always, I had troubles opening it. I sighed and checked the time. 9:15am. 

Already? I usually get to school at 9:00 with Yukwon... I feel bad not walking with him. I actually miss walking with him in the morning and after school. I should go see them at the cafeteria since I haven't seen them since Friday. 

I quickly tried to open my locker but kept messing up my code. I sighed. 

"Need help?" 

I looked to my left and saw Ricky. "Yes please." I moved to the side. 

He opened it in one shot. I wish I can do that. 

"Thanks." I naturally smiled at Ricky. He's always been the one to open my locker. When I was really me and even when I'm Hyemi. Oh Ricky, you're such a great guy. I can't believe you don't have a girlfriend yet. 

"No problem. I'm kind of used to it now." he chuckled and smiled back. "Wearing a girl uniform I see."

"Oh, yeah." I laughed it off. "You noticed that I wasn't wearing a girl one last week, huh?" I asked shyly. 

"It was really noticeable." He bit his lip. "But it's okay! You have one now." he smiled. 


Ricky's POV

"Anyways, I'm going to see my friend in the cafeteria." she said with a simple smile. 

"Okay, see you in class." I said. 

She waved and walked off. 

That's weird... She didn't react when I bit my lip. Hmm... I looked to my left and saw two girls at their lockers. They looked away once I looked at them. I walked over to my locker that was only a few lockers away from them. I saw them looking at me from the corner of my eye while I opened my locker. I chuckled. Okay let's test this theory. 

I waited until I knew the two girls were looking at me. I noticed them stop their conversation and silently stared at me. I chuckled and bit my lip. I looked at them from the corner of my eye and saw them blush with a shy smile across their faces. I guess I'm going to have to test it on her to confirm what I've been thinking. 

The first bell rang. Already? I grabbed my chemistry books and walked to class. Surprisingly, Jay was already there. I walked over to his table. 

"Where have you been?" I asked as we both did our usual handshake. 

"Home." he answered while he played around with his phone. 

"The whole weekend?" 

He nodded. "Had to take care of something."

I nodded back. I saw Hyemi walk in; she happily waved at me as she walked over to her spot next to Jay. 

"Hi Ricky." she said with such a nice smile. 

I noticed Jay have a confused look on his face as he saw Hyemi. 

"Hi Hyemi." I smiled back. 

The second bell rang so I went to my seat. 

The teacher started teaching us something new but there was only one thing on my mind. From my desk, I tried getting his attention but still no luck. I sighed to myself. I guess I'll have to keep him for last. 

Who else can I ask? Hmm... I scanned the class but still couldn't pick the right person then L came to mind. I'll go see him after class. 


L.Joe's POV 

My fingers tapped impatiently as I watched the clock tick the last seconds before the bell rings. 

Ring ~

Finally. I got up and picked up my backpack then quickly made my way out of class. 

"L.Joe Oppa, wait!" girls shouted and bumped into each other to call out to me. Oh my god, they're so annoying. 

I looked left and right to see if Hyemi was anywhere in sight. I wonder if her uniform was fitting her right. I chuckled. I heard her angelic voice speak followed by a cute giggle at the end. I turned my head and she just passed by me. She didn't even notice me. I looked at the person on her right. Oh god, him again? All the freaking time after class. Always with him, walking back to her locker. With Yukwon. Seriously?An idea struck my mind and a smirk just naturally formed. "I can fix that." I muttered to myself as I made my way to the principal's office. 


Ricky's POV

"Hey L!" I called him. 

He looked over and unwrapped his arm from a girl then walked towards me. She looked at me with a flirtatious smile and winked. 

"What's up Ricky?" he asked with his usual grin. 

"I need a favor to ask you." I started explaining to him the plan without telling him the reason why I'm doing this. 

He smirked as he chuckled. "Really? Her?" he asked. He looked over at a group of girls and winked at them.

Squeals and giggles were heard loudly. 

He looked back at me. "Yeah I'll do it." he grinned even more. "I noticed her around L.Joe because of the bet I made with him. She seems feisty." 

"Stick to the plan though, nothing more than that." I warned him. 

He chuckled. "No promises if she's the one that provokes me." he smirked and walked back to the girl he was with. 

Maybe asking L was a bad idea... Oh well, I guess I'm going to have to look out while he does it. 

I wonder if L.Joe is still going on with the bet. If Hyemi is really ______, I'm not going to let him do that to her. 


Author's POV

It's now lunch time and L walks in the hallway where Hyemi's locker is. Ricky stayed at his locker waiting for Hyemi to go to hers. L leans against the wall as he waits for Hyemi. He sends winks at passing girls making them blush soft pink. 

Finally, Hyemi gets to her locker and starts doing her lock combination. 

"Hyemi-ah" L softly called as he stood right behind her. 

She froze as L's voice was not familiar to her. She turned around still holding on to her lock. Surprised by seeing L, she shyly smiled. 


Your POV

Oh it's that guy. Isn't he one of L.Joe's friends? "Oh, hey." I let out a smile and slightly bowed. 

His piercing smile formed on his face. "It seems like you don't remember me." his smile turned into a smirk. 

What does he mean by that...? "Uhm, you're L.Joe's friend, right?" I asked as he looked straight at me. 

He slightly nodded. "I guess that's a start." His head slightly turned to the left, exposing his defined jaw line. 

What does this guy want? I looked at him, trying to figure out what he's thinking but I couldn't tell by his expression. A sweet smile. 

"I'm L by the way." he brushed a strand of hair behind my ear causing me to flinch a bit. He chuckled and bit his lip. 

Oh my god. I felt my cheeks burn up. I looked down but then my glasses fell. . I was going to pick them up but then L interrupted. 

"It's too bad that L.Joe got to you first." he tilted his head to the side and came closer to me. "Maybe I shouldn't have made that bet with him."

Bet? What bet? 

He continued to flash his smile at me. "Oh well. Bye cutie." he kissed me on the cheek. 

My breathing suddenly got uneven. I looked to the side to avoid his eye-capturing gaze and saw Ricky coming towards us. He was glaring at L. Oh snap. 

He roughly grabbed his collar and pushed him against some lockers. What is happening...?

L simply chuckled. "Hey Ricky." Ricky was whispering something to L but I couldn't hear what it was. L pushed Ricky's hand off of him and fixed his collar. He passed by me, as if nothing happened but winked at me before he broke eye contact with me. 

What is with all the tension around this school? I sighed. 

"Hyemi, are you okay?" Ricky asked me. 

I looked at him, he suddenly looked shocked. I tilted my head to the side. Oh... Snap. I quickly got my glasses from the ground and put them on. Please don't, please don't, please don't... "I should be asking you that." I covered up my worry with a smile. 

He bit his lip and nodded. "I'm fine. Something just...” he just stared at me. “I forgot something in class. I'll see you later!" he ran off. 

I let out a deep breath. 

So maybe he didn't notice...

I hope he didn't. 


Ricky’s POV

I ran upstairs, all the way to the rooftop. 

Her face
Her voice
The way she can't open her locker
The way she reacts to certain actions
Just her in general...

"It's..." I tried catching my breath as I leaned against the railings. 

"It's her..." 

 

… I think.