What Am I Going To Tell Her?

Thanks To Him

 

Your POV

"Wake up." L.Joe slightly nudged my shoulder. 

I acted as if I just woke up and opened my eyes slightly. The three of us stood up and got off the bus. 

I don't know what they were talking about but I'm going home. 

"Thanks for supper." I looked at both of them and slightly bowed. "I'm going home now. Bye bye." I waved and turned around. 

I felt one of them grab my wrist. It was L.Joe. "Uh, you're staying at Jay's house again." He spoke up. 

I turned around. "Why?"

L.Joe and Jay looked at each other. 

"Just tell her." Jay told L.Joe. 

"Tell me what?" I asked as I looked at both of them. 

He bit his lip. "Well, uh..." 

Jay nudged L.Joe's shoulder. 


Jay's POV 

"What did you even tell her?" I whispered to L.Joe while Hyemi went inside my house. 

"I told her it was part of the bet." he told me as he stepped inside the house too. 

I followed as I sighed. "When are you planning to tell her the truth?" 

He bit his lip. "I don't know how to tell her though."

"She has the right to know. It's her own mom..." I just looked at L.Joe. He looked like he didn't know what to do. "It’s best that you tell her soon."

He simply nodded. "I'll tell her tomorrow. I'll come over after breakfast or something."

"Okay." I replied. 


Your POV

Did I really agree to this? I let myself fall on the bed. Why did I even... I already feel so uncomfortable around Jay and now I have to stay at his place? Blahhhhhhhh. Stupid L.Joe. 

... I'm surprised that I haven't seen Jay's parents yet. They aren't home? Oh wait, they might be on a business trip or something. That happened often when I still lived around here. 

I suddenly heard my phone receive a text. I rushed over to my phone that was lying on the other side of my bed. 

'Minhyuk : You awake?'

I checked the time and it was already 11. Woah, already? 

'Yeah why?' I texted back. 

Just a few seconds later, my phone started ringing but it was to FaceTime (video-call). I accepted since it was Minhyuk. 

"Hi." I happily waved. 

He smiled back. "Hey."

"What's up?" I asked him. 

"I keep forgetting to tell you." he said as he layed down on his bed.

"Hmm?" I sat up on my bed and tilted my head to the side. 

"Didn't you want to know why Yukwon, L.Joe and Jaebum don't get along?" he asked me. 

Oh true. "Oh, uhm, yeah." I hesitated. "Are you sure you're allowed to tell me though?" I asked as I bit my lip right after. 

"I'm actually surprised Yukwon didn't tell you yet. You two seem pretty close lately." 

"I guess he doesn't like talking about it?" I said. 

"Maybe." he nodded once. "Well, it was pretty much just one big misunderstanding."

Misunderstanding? "Oh, those are the worst." I said and waited for him to continue. 

"Yeah." he nodded again. "Well, I think it started last year. Yukwon, Kyung, Taeil, Jaehyo and I just transferred to this school." 

Hmm... He didn't name Zico and P.O. "What about Zico and P.O?"

"Oh, they were already attending the school." he said which caught me off guard. 

Then why don't I remember them? I'm pretty sure I'd remember them. "Oh." I simply nodded and let him continue. 

"So yeah, apparently when Yukwon's parents were looking for a house closer to the school, he met a girl." he continued. "Apparently he met her while his parents were looking at the open house that used to be hers."

Heh... "Then what happened?" I got more curious. 

"That girl just happened to be Jaebum's girl. I don't know what exactly happened but people were saying that she was cheating on him with Yukwon." 

I froze at what he said. 'Jaebum's girl' kept repeating in my head. "You mean Park Jaebum?" 

"Yeah him." he simply replied back. "So yeah, thanks to some girls from our school, rumors just started spreading from there."

"Oh..." I nodded as I thought about it. So he had another girl last year? After I left? I sighed. 

"Are you okay?" he suddenly asked me.

I continued to nod. I lied for obvious reasons. "So what does all this have to do with L.Joe?" I tried going back to the subject. 

"Well, Jay and L.Joe are best friends. Almost like brothers. That's what I heard." he explained. 

"Oh true..." 

"Yup... That's pretty much it." he said as he leaned against a pillow. 

The thought of Jay having a girl last year hit me. I guess I deserve it, don't I? Sigh. "So what happened to the girl?"

He made a thinking face through FaceTime. "I'm not sure actually." 

"Oh, never mind then." I looked at the time and it was getting late. He looked kind of tired too. "Minhyuk-ah." he looked up. "Go rest, haha. You're falling asleep on me."

He chuckled and let out a tired smile. "Yeah, I will." he covered his mouth as he yawned. "Good night Hyemi." he waved. 

I waved back, "Good night~" 

Our call ended and now the only thing I can think about is 'Jaebum's girl'. Jay's girl... That used to be me. I ruffled my hair and sunk my face into my pillow. "Aigoooo..." I mumbled. 


I cringed at the sound of my alarm. With my eyes half opened, I reached over to my phone. "Wow, I forgot to turn off my alarm for school." I sat up against the backboard of the bed and stretched. Since I used my music from my phone as my alarm, I let it play for a while and just listened. 

"Yah, lower the volume." Jay just decided to barge in my room. 

I quickly grabbed my glasses and put them on. "It's not even that loud." I said grumpily. I held my phone with both of my hands to fully cover it, well mostly the keychain. 

He placed his hand on the wall to keep balance. "It is." he answered, grumpy too. "I can hear it from my room and I'm across the hallway from you."

I glared at him. 'Jaebum's girl' still repeated in my head. Pftt, stupid guy. 'Jealous?' I heard Jay's voice in my head. "I'm not jealous." I accidentally said out loud. 

Jay scratched his head. "What?"

I shook my head. "Nothing."

"Now turn off your music. It's getting annoying." 

I shrugged at him and turned around to make my back facing him. 

"Yah! Don't make me take your phone from you." he threatened. I heard his footsteps walk closer to the bed. 

"Pft. Good luck with that." I said in a non-caring tone. 

I felt the bed move. Uh oh. I slightly turn around and saw him come at me to try to grab my phone. 

My eyes widened and quickly wrapped myself in a ball, holding tightly onto my phone. "YAHHH!" I screamed as I felt him trying to turn me around. 

After struggling for a while, he managed to get me out of my ball position and now I was on my back. "Damnit." I said to myself. At least I was able to still hide my phone from him. 

He chuckled. "You're really stubborn, aren't you?" 

Stubborn? Me stubborn? "Not even." I said with both of my hands behind my back to hold onto my phone. 

He sighed. "Then I'll ask nicely. Can you turn off your music please?" he said, slightly irritated. 

I shook my head. 

"Then we'll have to do this the hard way." he tried grabbing on to me but he ended up tickling me. 

I flinched and let out a laugh. Jay smirked. Uh oh. 

"Ticklish huh?" he started poking my sides which made me start laughing uncontrollably. 

"YAH!" I shouted at him in between laughs and threw my fist at him to get off me. 


L.Joe's POV

How am I going to tell her? This is way harder than I thought. I sighed as I made my way to the door. I doorbelled and waited. 

No answer? That's weird. I doorbelled again and still no answer. I looked around the porch. Where does he put his emergency key? Oh there it is! Under the 'Welcome' mat. So typical. 

The moment I got inside the house, all I heard was screaming and laughing. Mostly screaming though so I decided to make my way upstairs. 


Your POV

Oh my god. I couldn't stop laughing, yet screaming at him too. I can't even breathe properly. "HAH-" he kept poking my sides causing me to hesitate. Also, the fact that he's on top of me stopped me from escapi--. Hoh, snap. He's on top... Of me. On top of me. ON FREAKING TOP OF ME. 

"YAHHHH!" I screamed as loud as I could then the room door swinged opened.

Wow, was my scream loud enough that the door opened by itself? I noticed Jay looked towards the door and immediately froze. Uh oh... This would be so awkward if his parents walked in on this. 

"I see that you're busy." L.Joe's voice awkwardly said. 

What the hell is he doing here?

"Wait is that..." L.Joe paused. 

Jay's eyes slightly widened. "Uh, it's not what you might be thinking." he said as he scratched the back of his head. "In other words, it's not what it looks like."

L.Joe's footsteps got louder and now I was able to see him. I avoided his gave since this position is pretty awkward. Wait, Jay is still... 

I quickly pushed him off me when his guard was down and went under my blanket. I finally turned off my alarm and just waited under my sheets. 

"Okay then." L.Joe awkwardly stepped out of the room and closed the door. 

I felt the bed move so I'm guessing Jay got off the bed. "Uhm, we might go out for breakfast so get changed." he said then closed the door. 


Jay's POV 

What am I going to tell him? I thought as I walked down the stairs. "Uhh L.Joe..."

He sat on the couch with his elbows on his knees. "How am I going to tell her?" 

Is he not going to question about what just happened earlier? Oh well, this is more serious. I sat beside him. "But does she really not remember? I mean, she was there right?" I asked him. 

"I'm surprised she doesn't. She looked really sad when it happened..." he said and sighed. 

Hmm... "What about her dad?" I carefully asked him, making sure Hyemi wasn't coming downstairs. 

"She never mentioned her dad." he said. 

"Oh..." I sighed too. This is going to be a lot harder than I thought. I looked at L.Joe, he didn't seem ready to tell her yet. I patted his back, "It's okay, we'll just tell her later." I got up and went towards the kitchen. 

I heard footsteps from the staircase. Probably Hyemi. I looked at the living room from the kitchen and saw her sat on the opposite side of L.Joe. 

"Be right back." he said and got up then went to the bathroom. 

I was placing the dry dishes back in the cabinet and drawers. I heard the tv turn on and noticed Hyemi holding the controller. Sigh... I feel so bad for her. She has no idea. I looked down as I dried the plates that weren't completely dry yet. Hmm. "Do you want anything to drink?" I asked as I walked inside the living room where she was. 

She continued to flip channels and shook her head. 

Oh well, I tried. I heard her stop flipping channels. She started watching the news. I went back to the kitchen and grabbed another plate to dry then joined her as she watched the news. 

"Yesterday at around 11pm, the corpse of a woman in her late 40s was found. Police couldn't identify her yesterday without an ID." 

I had this gut feeling... Don't tell me... 

I looked at Hyemi from the corner of my eye but she didn't seem to react. 

"It was only later today that investigators were able to identify this woman. Lee Chaeh--."

I heard the controller drop. I sighed and bit my lip. Please don't tell me... 

I slowly turned my head towards Hyemi. She’s completely frozen, like a statue. I heard L.Joe come back. He stood beside me, not knowing what had been shown on the news.

“Let’s go eat?” he broke the silence.

I punched his arm. “Not the best timing.” I told him.

He looked over at Hyemi and his eyes immediately widened. “Hyemi…”

She looked the opposite way of where L.Joe and I were. L.Joe slowly made his way towards Hyemi and sat beside her. He put his arm around her but she coldly shrugged it off and walked lifelessly upstairs back into the guest room.