What Just Happened?

Thanks To Him

 

U-Kwon's POV

I looked to my left and saw Jaebum glaring at me. I just looked away and ignored it. I really don't get that guy, it's been more than a year now can’t he just let it go?

I felt a hand on my shoulder and noticed it was Minhyuk's.

"You okay?" he asked me. 

I nodded, "Yeah."


Your POV 

Science, that's what I have now. I didn't know where to sit so I waited for the teacher to assign me a seat. The second bell rang and now everyone was in class. I took a glance at the class and spotted Ricky. He noticed me too and waved. 

"Park Hyemi, right?" the teacher asked me. I nodded. "Since the class is already placed in alphabetical order, you may take a seat beside Park Jaebum." he informed me.

The name rung in my head, how did I not notice him? Why do I have to be in his class? I walked towards the sleeping Jay. Class just started and he's already sleeping? Psh, he used to tell me not to sleep in class and look at him now. 

"So today's lab...” the teacher started explaining. 

What?! We have a lab? But it's my first day, snifflesz. Like always, we have to work with the person we sit beside, which meant that I have to work with Jay. Perfect. I hit my head against my desk. 

"Yah." I heard Jay wake up. Someone sounds grumpy. 

I turned to see him rubbing his eyes. "What?" I asked him. 

He crossed his arms and placed his head on top. "What do we have to do?" he simply asked and looked straight at me. 

He doesn't realize it's me... You don't even recognize my voice? "Uhm, we have a lab to do and it counts for most of our mark for term 1." I explained, avoiding his gaze. 

From the corner of my eye, I saw him turn his head the opposite side of where I was. "Well don't just sit there, do it." he coldly demanded. 

What? "Aren't you going to help me? You do know the lab is in teams of two." I told him and held onto the paper that explained what we had to do. 

"I know," he said, still not facing me, "but I don't feel like working, so that leaves you."

I started feeling irritated and accidentally started crumpling the lab paper. I just sighed, "I'm going to get the stuff and when I come back, your head better not be leaning against the table." I threatened him, what is with him?

He didn't answer so I just left to get the materials for the lab. 

"Hey," I looked and saw Ricky. 

I smiled, "Hey Ricky."

He smiled back, "Didn't know you'd be in my science class." he pointed out. 

To be honest, me neither. I thought I'd be stuck with L.Joe in every class. I'm glad I'm not. "Yeah me neither." I replied and picked up the tray with the materials. 

"Let me know if you need help with the lab, your partner might be useless to you." he pointed out and laughed. 

"Yeah, he does seem pretty useless." I said and looked over to my table only to see Jay still sleeping. He just nodded, "I guess I'm going to have to do all the work." I pouted. 

"Just come to me if anything," he said and smiled. 

Ricky is so nice, he's always been, but I don't feel like asking him for help. I'm going to feel like I'm just using him. "Okay, thanks Ricky." I replied anyway and walked back to my table with my lazy partner. I sat down and put the tray on the table. 

I crossed my arms and laid my head on top to be at the same eye level as him. I sighed, 'Yah, what happened to you? You never slept in class. You better still be getting good grades.' I thought to myself as I looked at the calm sleeping Jay with his head against the table.

"Yah." I poked his shoulder. 

"What?" I heard him coldly ask. 

"We have to work." I told him, trying not to sound irritated. 

"I'm tired, just do it." he kept his eyes closed as he answered. 

I sat straight and bit my lip, he's a little frustrating. Let's try this. "Fine, I'll ask the teacher for a new partner then you'll work alone." I threatened him even if I wasn't really going to. 

He opened one eye and squinted. "Oh, it's you." he suddenly said and sat up. 

Uh oh.. "What?" I curiously asked him. 

"You're Byunghun's girl." he said and just laughed. "Wow, they weren't kidding when they said he had different taste now?" he joked. 

Byunghun? "Who's… Byunghun?" I asked him with a confused look. 

"Oh, I mean L.Joe, my bad." it's like he was trying to stop himself from laughing. 

I sighed, "I'm not his girl, who would want to be?" I rolled my eyes and started reading the instructions for the lab. 

He smirked. "Sure you're not. I bet you're going to be like the typical innocent new girl, accidentally meet the jerk of the school and start hating him.. Blah blah blah, then eventually fall for him." he chuckled with slight grin. 

Really Jay? You think I'd do that? Psh. "Whatever, let's start working." I gave him the paper because I was done reading it. 

He gave me a 'are you kidding me?' look. "You're really expecting me to help you?"

"If you don't help, then I'm not going to work at all." I told him and crossed my arms. 

"If you don't do it then we both fail. Now I don't think the innocent new girl wants that does she?" he scoffed and gave me a daring look with a smirk. 

He's right, but I'm not going to do all the work for him if he's going to continue to be a jerk. 

"Oh, did I mention that I have something you will be needing later?" he asked me. 

Oh god, don't tell me he's the one that has my wallet. Ricky did say his friend had it. I bit my lip, "You have my wallet don't you?" I sighed. 

He grinned, "Yeah, so if you want to go home today, I suggest you do the lab." 

Is this the jerk Sierra was talking about? If it is, then yes I do understand why she says that but this jerk isn't Jay. The Jay I knew that is.


I tried writing as fast as I can to finish the paperwork before the bell. 

"The paperwork is due for next class so don't forget to bring it." the teacher announced. 

I let out a sigh of relief and put down my pencil. I looked to the side and saw Jay sleeping again. 'Some partner you were.' I thought to myself. 

"Hyemi." I heard the teacher call my name. He made that motion with his hand wanting me to go to his desk. I got up and went. "How do you like working with that partner of yours?" he asked me. 

Partner? What partner? I wouldn't really consider Jay my partner. "He's okay, I guess." I lied. "Why do you ask?"

"No need to lie, Hyemi." he looked over to Jay then back at me. "If you want to change partner I can do that for you. This won't be the only time you're going to be working alone for what's supposed to be a team lab." he explained. 

"Oh," I nodded. I kind of figured. "Yes, I understand."

"So just let me know, I don't want your grades to go lower because of Jaebum." he added. "And don't worry, not all boys at this school are like Jaebum," he laughed, "I mean look at Ricky." he nodded his head towards Ricky who was working well with his partner. 

Oh Ricky, didn't changed at all, have you? I smiled at the thought. "Oh I see." I wasn't surprised. 

The bell rang. "Well just tell me if you want to change." I nodded. "Have a nice day." he kindly said. 

I walked but before I left the class, I checked to see if anyone was still inside. No one. I walked out the door only to bump into Jay. 

I looked at him, "Why are you still here?" I asked. 

He snickered. "You want your wallet, no?" he coldly said. 

Oh true, I almost forgot. "Oh, umm yeah." I don't know why I hesitated. 

He led the way to his locker and I followed him. Even though school just ended, the hallway was quiet as we walked through. It was the same feeling with L.Joe before. Everyone moved to the side and made enough room for me and Jay to walk through perfectly. People never did this when I attended this school. Is it because were seniors now? But even then, no one did this back then. 

He finally stopped at his locker and shoved his books in his locker. He took his black varsity jacket and his backpack then close his locker. 

"Yah, your locker is going to be messy if you just shoved books in there." I accidentally said aloud. His locker used to be so organized. Someone got lazy. 

He just leaned against his locker. 

My breathing started getting uneven for some reason. Maybe it was his presence around me, it's so different from before. I couldn't even look at him. I noticed the keychain on his bag again then quickly looked away. "Can I have my wallet now?" I managed to say. I wasn't looking at him but I was able to see his expression. I looked down then realize my keychain. 'Oh snap.' I mouthed to myself and quickly stuffed it inside my pocket. I took a peek at Jay to make sure he didn't notice. Good, he didn't. 

He didn't answer me. I took a deep breath before I looked up at him. "Wallet please?" I asked again. 

He took it out of his bag and held it in one hand. "This wallet right?" he smirked. 

I simply nodded. I wasn't able to say anything, I grew nervous as time passed by. 

"Come get it." he said and stood up straight but still against the locker. 

"Can you just give it to me? It'll make things so much easier." I told him and looked away. I couldn't look at him without feeling uneasy. 

He didn't answer. 

Fine, you want to play this game Jay? The faster I get my wallet, the sooner I can leave. I swung my hand towards the wallet but he stretched his arm up making the wallet too far from my reach. I bit my lip. Is this really Jay? It's really not like him. I turned around, why are people not leaving school? The bell rang like five minutes ago. They were all still standing there, just watching us. Wait a minute... I have to meet U-Kwon at my locker. "Yah, give me back my wallet." I said as I tried to reach for my wallet but failed. I sighed and glared at Jay. I kept trying. I accidentally placed my hand on his chest because I almost fell. 

"Give it back to her Jaebum." I heard a guy's voice sharply say. I turned around and saw U-Kwon. My eyes widened and I stepped back, away from Jay. 

This atmosphere... What is this? I looked at Jay then U-Kwon a few times. It felt like time stopped going. Didn't the same thing happen with L.Joe?

"U-Kwon," Jay smirked, "not going to change are you?" he looked away but then back at him. "Don't worry, I have no interest in her anyway." 

When he said 'her' he meant me right? That kinda hurt. Oh what am I saying, I really felt that. Then again, he doesn't know it’s me. I sighed and looked at U-Kwon, he seemed tense. I don't know U-Kwon really well but for some reason I wasn't used to seeing him like this. 

"Just give it back to her." he said with a cold tone completely ignoring what Jay said. 

Jay chuckled and dropped my wallet right in front of me. He walked right by me and whispered, "You owe me."

I turned and saw him walking towards U-Kwon. Uh oh. I thought he was just going to pass by him but I guess not. Jay stopped beside U-Kwon and said something but I couldn't hear anything. I was only able to see U-Kwon since he was facing me. As for Jay, I only saw his back figure. 

U-Kwon coldly looked to the side. "Whatever." I read his lips. 

Jay purposely bumped his shoulder against U-Kwon's and proceeded to walk out the school.


Author's POV

______ stood there motionless. Completely shocked by what just happened and hurt by what Jay said. 

U-Kwon shook his head then noticed ______ was just standing there. All the students left too with shocked expressions as well. U-Kwon looked at ______ and made his way towards her. 

"You okay?" he asked the same thing he asked when she was with L.Joe. He tilted his head since she didn't respond. "Hyemi-ah." he called as he waved his hand right in front of her. 

She finally snapped out of her thoughts and just stared at U-Kwon. She looked confused, he noticed. 

U-Kwon just laughed a bit and smiled to try to cover up what just happened. He picked up her wallet and placed it in front of her. "Lets go?" he asked with his amazing smile. 

A smile grew on her face as she saw his. She simply nodded. They walked out the school with thoughts going through their minds but none of them knew that they were both thinking about what just happened. Both of them hide things well, especially _____. 


Your POV

"Hyemi-ah!" U-Kwon called. 

I stopped walking and turned around, "Huh?"

"You just passed the bus stop, come back." he said. 

I walked back and waited patiently with U-Kwon. Silence was shared between us. I wonder what he's thinking about. First it was L.Joe, and now Jay? I understand why he was like that with L.Joe since he's pretty much a jerk. As for Jay? No idea. What happened to him though? Jay wasn't a complete jerk. What Sierra said was right, Jay is cold. Sometimes a jerk, but that’s really not like him. He hasn't always been like that. 

My phone vibed once. I checked and it was a text from a number I didn't recognize. 

'Look in front.' it simply said. 

I did what it said and saw the one and only L.Joe. He waved and winked. He was standing at the bus stop across the street.

'How’d you get my number?' I texted back. 

I looked across the street and noticed him smirk at what I guess was my reply. 

'I have my ways ;)'

I rolled my eyes. He continued to smirk at me. I looked away and saw U-Kwon in his bubble. I pouted as he didn't seem happy. I felt a vibe from my phone, probably L.Joe again. I checked, 'Admiring that knight in shining armour of yours?' I looked at L.Joe with a confused expression. 'That U-Kwon guy, beside you.'

'Jealous?' I texted back and looked to see his reaction. He laughed and shook his head. 

'Me jealous? Not even close. Especially not jealous of him.' he defended. Psh, of course you're not. 

'Why do I doubt that?' the bus was at the corner of the street. U-Kwon looked at me and nodded. I looked L.Joe's way and he waved with a wink again. I sighed and got on the bus with U-Kwon.

We both sat down at the back. 

"So what do you think about this school?" he asked as he placed his backpack in between his legs. 

It's been really confusing. "It wasn't what I expected." I stated and hugged my backpack. 

"You'll get used to it," he replied. I sure hope so. 

"Yeah," I nodded. Thoughts scrambled through my mind. Should I ask him? What's his relation with L.Joe and Jay? "Uhm, just wondering..." I started saying, I didn't want to sound too obvious. I tried making it vague, "Why do students act the way they do when you, L.Joe or Jaebum is around?" I'm not used to calling him that but I had to. 

I noticed him react to their names. "What do you mean?" he asked. 

"Well, I mean, you know how they act like you three are gods or something? I mean they make a passage when you walk and they watch attentively instead of leaving school to catch their busses?" I pointed out. "Are you three like the Kingkas of the school?" I joked. 

He just laughed. "I wouldn't consider myself one, probably L.Joe though." he said. 

"L.Joe? Why only him?" I asked. 

"Well, he's the son of the principal." he pointed out for me. 

Oh, that makes sense how he already knew my name. I nodded. But... He wasn't at our school when I was here. Now that I think of it, U-Kwon wasn't either. Jay called him 'Byunghun' in class too. That name... I've heard it before but I can't remember from where. That's L.Joe's real name?