Chapter 8

Now You See It

Now i feel like i can forget him.not completely,but at least i can erase him from my mind by a little bit.It’s been a awhile since i last saw him at the farewell party.I heard that he still around the town.maybe went to college near there.while I’m here.I went to college that locate outside the town.I’m in the same college with Luna haha.yes,we’re still together.My other friends like Krystal,Vic.and Sulli went to the different city.but it wasn’t that far.

Luna took a law major while i’m taking the internasional relation major.We rent a house and live together.I’m still in touch with Lay and Luhan.Lay’s taking music major and Luhan taking communication sciences major.I know that he still in touch with Kris.but thankful he never said a word to me about him.Luna got herself a new boyfriend.well i feel happy fo her no wonder she looked so cheerful these days.and she keep asking me when will i be able to open my heart for someone else.I have no answer for that..

“Oh my God Lunaaa..look at this.” I ran to her room with a piece of paper on my hands.and then her eyes grew bigger the moment she read it

“What the hell?!oh my God Ambeeeer..i’m so happy for you.why are you so lucky girl?”

“Haha i have no idea.i’m just happy that i got assigned for fieldwork practice in Hongkong since i’ve never been there”

“It’s good for you.you also need time for having fun too.you are such a nerd these days you now know?”

I just laughed it off.”I know.and i will since it’s good opportunity.ah,so how is your boyfriend?” I asked her

And then she just started smile shyly,”Well he’s my senior.he’s name is Jinki oppa but people call him Onew.i met him at campus events last week.so thats it.we getting know each other and started dating”she explained

“I’m happy for you.i hope your relationship going well” I said with smile

“When will you going?woah that means i’m gonna be alone in this house” she said with a little pout

“Hmm..maybe the day after tommorow.don’t worry I’ll spend at least two or three weeks there”

“Seriously.that’s a pretty long time for me Am..”

“Haha..I know.i’ll miss you Luna” I said while hugging her

“I’m going to miss you too.be careful okay?and...meet some of men in there”

“Oh shut up..you always said that”

After I put my stuff inside the  trunk,i got in to the cab and headed to the airport.Luna can’t me to today since she still busy with the activity at the campus.when I’m arrived i directly went for check in and go the waiting room,I text all  of them that I’m going to Hongkong for a while.and I’m planning to see them all when I get back.

After a long time flight.finally.I’ve arrived at Hongkong.woaah this city is really beautiful at night.Thank God the cab driver understand my broken cantonese and take me to my destination.well it was a hotel.a big and prety luxury one.and I got a nice room.I open the curtain and tadaaah..this city is really beautiful at night.and with that i take a bath  and sleep because i’m still kinda feeling jetlaggin’


Adter I prepared,I look myself in the mirror and thinking that everthing is gonna be okay today.I went out and call a cab and headed to the embassy where i’ll be working for the next three weeks.I headed in and went to receptionist.not long after someone approach me and show me my working table.

Everything went well that day.everybody’s really nice to me,and of course I need to fix my cantonese.I can’t speak korean all the time in this city.It will be hard for me if i didn’t fix it.and I need to check out from the hotel soon,the campus already recommand a few place to stay that near to the embassy.after work I went straight to the hotel.at first my paln was get some sleep early.but,I can’t sleep..so I dress up,i pick my long-sleeved black dress with a low enough cleavage and showing body curves.maybe there’s no harm to follow Luna’s suggestions..Meet some of men.yeah so here i’m now at the hotel bar drink vodka by myself.untill ..

“Waiting for someone?” I looked at his face,well he’s pretty boy type with the blonde hair,but he’s eyes look stand out because of that light colour hair

“No..not really” 

“Mind if I sit here?” he asked again

“No..go ahead”

And then he sit next me and order some whiskey.but then he start the conversation again.

“Nice black dress..”

“Nice pretty boys faces” I said while looking at him.but he just laugh

“Well thank you.i heard that a lot.I’m Kim Kibum.but just call me Key” he his hand to me so i accept it and with shook hands

“I’m Amber Josephine Liu..so i guess you’re korean?” I asked

“Yeah..don’t tell me..

I just nodded my head and smile.well he looked pretty shocked

“Well I thought you American or Chinese” he said with korean now

“Well let’s just say my dad is taiwanese half american and my mom is korean but i spend my childhood till junior high in America and the rest is on korea.”

“Ohh..so you don’t live here.?” He asked again

“No i’m not..and you ?”

“Same..I don’t live here either.i work here for almost two months now”

“I’m working too.for my fieldwork practice” I said to him

“I thought you’re on holiday or something haha”

“Do I look like someone who’s on holiday for you?” I asked back.he just laugh and then we just talk comfortably and laughing.well i admit that he’s really funny.and i feel connected talking to him.he always knew what i’m talking about.we both don’t realize that three hours already passed.

“Oh wow..it’s already two in the morning Key.i think i need to go back to my room”

“Well..can I you to your room?but..it’s not like what you’re thinking.i won’t do anything”

He said that when he saw the facial expression change on my face.but then I just laugh

“Haha..okay okay..sure,come on”

When got on the lift and headed to my room on the eight floor.after a little walk,we arrived in front of my room door.

“Okay..so this is my room and..thank you for being my company tonight.it’s nice to know you Key” I smiled at him

“Yeah..you welcome Amber.it’s nice to know you too and hope to see you again.”

I’m about to open the door,but then I looked at his back that start too getting dissappear from my sight..and

“Hey Key..”I called him..

“Ye-..I just hug him and kiss his lips out of the blue.I don’t know how’s he gonna think but I just did it..something make me do it..

“Thank you Key..I had a lot of fun because of you” I said with take a step back from him after the kiss

“Yeah sure Am..you welcome”

And after say goodbye to him I went in to my room.i’m completely have no idea why i kiss him so sudden lik that.i mean we just met today.oh man i must be lost my mind


Well the next day when I’m working something on my computer,my boss ordered me to do some errand..

“Amber can you take this to SR.Corp around the lunch time?”

“Yeah boss.sure I’ll take it”

“I already contact them so you just have to hand in the document”

“Okay boss”

So around the lunch time i went to the SR.Corp and the receptionist greet me when i step in

“Are you from the embassy Miss?” she asked

“Yeah.i am.my name is Amber”

“Alright miss Amber you can go to the fifth floor and turn right,there’s someone waiting for you in front of the big brown door”

“Okay..thank you”

I do just like everything like she said.and there’s a few big door and no wonder she tell me in front of big brown door.i pass the black door,grey door,black door and brown door.so I walked towards the guy who seems busy looking for something inside his drawer.

“Good afternoon Sir,I’m Amber from the embassy.i’m here to deliver this doc-...

And then guy heads up.and he is the guy that i met last night..

“Key?what are you doing here ?” I confusely asked him

“Amber?well I’m working here.what are you doing here?” he asked back

“My boss told me to deliver this document..and i’m working at the embassies”

“Haha..so we meet again Amber..i don’t know you work at the emabassy.can i see the document?”

I gave him the document.”Yeah..i have no idea that you working in this company too.since last night we never talked about it.”

“Yeah.you right..umm..do you want to grab some coffee or lunch maybe?” he asked

“Absolutely..i’m hungry you know..let’s go”

We’re going to the near restaurant and I’m eating my late lunch.and we start our conversation again,just like last night..

“So ..how is it feels like live in this city?” he asked

“It’s nice actually..this city is pretty beautiful too.aand..my cantonese is getting better “

“Haha really?”

“Yeah of course.how long have been here?”

“Around two months maybe..are you still stay at the hotel Am?”

“Ohh..no i’m not.i just check out this morning.i’ll be staying at the apartment that the campus recommend to me.it’s near to the hotel”

“Hmm.. i see”

“How about you?where do you live?you’re not lie at the hotel right?”

“Hahaha..of course not Am.last night i’m visiting my friend and after that i just need a drink and i went to bar”

“Hmm..what kind of friend?like..girlfriend maybe?” I asked playfully

He just laugh and smile to my question “No..just an ordinary friend”

“Haha..i’m just kidding anyway.don’t take it too serioulsy”

“Well..maybe it’s time to go back to the office.right Am?”

“Ah right” I answer while looking at my wrist.

“Amber..can i have your number?” he asked

“Sure..here’s my number Key.and i have to go now.see ya..” I waved at him


Since i gave him my number that day,we’re getting close well i mean like getting to know each other.i admit that he’s kind,funny,know how to brighten up the mood,he always knew how to make me laugh.and that’s what i find attractive about him.but...i’m still not completely sure if this is the time to open my heart again..what if he just playing with me?or what if he hurt me somehow in the future?that kind of questions still playing on my mind.

It was Saturday morning..that means my day off.i could doing nothing the entire day and lazily sleep on my bed.but then he text me..

“Hey Am..are you free today?”

“Yeah..it’s my day off.why ?”

“it’s just i’m wondering if you want to hang out with me today?”

“Ohh..yeah sure.what time?”

“I’ll pick you up at eleven.okay?”

“Okay..i’ll be waiting”

Right at eleven he came and we’re going to a few famous place in Hongkong.first we went to Disneyland,well this place is just not for kids.we try a few extreme rides with the results Key’s getting dizzy haha.after he feeling better we went to the Madame Tussaunds wax museum.It’s my first time visiting the wax museum so i’m just amazed by everything that i see.while Key mocking at me cause i look like someone who came from village.but then he saw Barack Obama wax statue...

“Hey Am..take a picture of me with him”

I grab the camera and he start posing.well i mean a silly pose,i can’t help but laugh because of the stupid pose he just did.this guy sure know how to make me laugh.and then next we went to the Ocean Park..and whoaa..this park is really beautiful especially at the night time like this.but i had not enough time to enjoy it since the rain start to pouring down.

Because of that we decide to go back to my apartment.well we got wet a little bit when we reach my apartment.when we arrive i told Key to sit on my couch and I’ll grab a hot chocolate and a towel.i gave the towel first,and then he dry his head and body and i’m back with two cups of hot chocolate on my hands

“Drink it while it’s warm Key..”

“Yeah thankyou Am..”

“Are you still freezing?” I asked

“No..it’s cold but i’m okay”

I went close to him and i just started to hug him

“What are you doing?” He asked

“To keep you warm..you freezing Key”

We’re hugging for a while until he grab my arms and release the hug.he look at me in the eyes.so did I.until he’s head getting close and we kissed.I’m shock at first but I respond it anyway.that kiss turned into the passionate one,he grab my neck at my waist while my hand behind his head grabbing his hair.

His lips move down to my neck and it makes me moan a little bit.but then he’s stop..

“Oh my God I’m sorry Am..i can’t control myself.I’m really sorry”

“No..it’s okay why are you apologizing?I’m ready Key “

“Huh?you ready?”you sure?” he asked again

“It’s first time anyway..but i’m ready”

And then he started to kiss me again.and it was more passionate from before.unnoticed,now we’re already in my bedroom.I started to take off his shirt and then he started to take off mine too,and he lay me down on top of the bed.he took off his pants and the take off my bra and my underwear too.and he asked me again

“You’re ready Am?”

I’m just nodding my head and he said

“Don’t worry..I’ll be gentle”

And then it started.it was painful but it gave me pleasure to..i can’t stop and grabbing his hair or his back even the sheet.i’m sure it will leave a redmark in the morning.just like hickey on my neck.

After it’s done we both panting heavily and he lie down next to me.I hug him while his one hand is on top of my head. my hair gently

“Whooah..i’m sorry to say this but,you’re amazing Am”

“Oh shut up..i know how you enjoy it”

He just laugh and we remain quite for a while in that position.until I speak first

“Hey Key..you know today is actually the last day for me in Hongkong.i’m going back to Korea tommorow “

“Well..okay.i text and call you often” he said

“And..Am,what about our relationship  after this?you know still being friends or you want to take it further?since..woman always want that kind of thing.”he asked again

“Well honestly,I don’t know.i just have and lost my ity with my friend”

“Haha..okay fine.i’ll let you to think about it and decide.i understand if you don’t want that kind of serious relationship”

“Maybe you can go to Korea sometimes Key”

“Well maybe.if i have the time i’ll go”

I just smile at him at hugging him more tightly.”Let’s stay like this for a while okay?”

“Haha..of course I don’t mind Am.or maybe you want to do the second round?”he asked playfully

And i just slap him chest

“Haha..alright alright I’m just kidding darling..”

Not so long after that we both fell asleep maybe because we felt exhausted.and tommorrow I’ll be leaving this city.bye Hongkong..and welcome Seoul