Chapter 23

Now You See It

I didn’t regret that I took Kibum’s offer when he wants a new starts.even sometimes I’m still wondering what did I do until I met a good guy like him and as a bonus he really fall in love with me.There’s a day when I really feel like I don’t deserve it,but I do.that is just …something you can't describes with words how lucky you are 

After that trip to beach he drove me back home as he always do.and the we’ve arrived in front of my house.and I spotted a familiar figure sitting on the porch.just from the silhouette I knew right away who is that man.

“So …umm.thanks for today Kibum.I enjoyed it a lot.I haven’t gone to beach for a while”

“I’m glad that I pick the right destination for us” he smiled

“Looks like someone waiting for you” as his eyes directing to the back of the man who’s sitting at the porch

“He’s just ..an old friend of mine”

He just nods as I hugged him and giving him a kiss on the cheek before I open the door,bid goodbye to him and watch his car moving straight and getting farther.and then man finally turns his back facing me with somekind of worried looks

“What the hell are you doing here Luhan?”

“I came to apologize and explain everything to you”

“I don’t need that..you can save it for yourself” as I turns my back on him, but then he’s begging me.something that he’s never done before

“Amber …please… hear me out”

And in the end …as much as I don’t want to,but my heart tells me the otherwise.besides we’ve been friends for years.so I  listen to him

“I understand that you don’t want to talk to me after the whole thing happen.The thing about you found out on your own that Kris is still with Jess.and …I didn’t say a word a to you.I’m deeply sorry Am.I should’ve told you in the beginning,but I just don’t want you to get hurt again”

“Don’t want me to get hurt?cut off the crap Lu.it hurt me even more rather than you told me with your own mouth” I can’t help it but to raised my voice a bit higher than him

“I know I didn’t think about it that is stupid.I’m sorry Am.it’s not that I don’t want to tell you but I have a reasons behind it”

“I know..and I’m already forgive you.it’s all the past Lu.i’m trying to get over it”

“And I also knew that you think Kris and I gang up together to lie to you that night.the night he said he likes you,the next day we all went to the beach together.I did not set that all up”

“What do you mean?”

“Well that night was the time I knew that he said he like you too.He never talked to me about it before.but then he suggesting that we all should hanging out together.and all I did was planning everything so you guys both can get to know each other better.I told him,that he should open his eyes to see who’s loving him unconditionally all this time.and He even said that he’ll choose you,he's just waiting the right time.that’s all he ever said to me”

“Ohh ..so you knew nothing that he’s getting back with Jess and leave me with nothing?” I asked sarcasticly

“I swear to God I didn’t know what he has done to you.the last time I spoke to him he said he already explain everything to you and you’re okay with that”

“What the hell?!there's no one who's okay with it Lu.No one!"

“That’s why I keep quiet all this time.I thought you guys already ended everything between you two.so I thought I should give you some time.It’s okay if you don’t believe me Am.but that’s the truth.he’s lying to both of us”

“You know I always believed that you have a good reason behind it and that’s why I keep quiet about it.but then as the time passed I can’t help to think that you both plotting something against me besides you never told me anything at that time,until now.and also I can’t help it either to slowly keeping my distance from you and then we just don’t talk to each other for a pretty much long time”

“I know.I should’ve react when I noticed that you act different to me.but I’m just so damn stupid to read the situations”

“You sure are….one ridiculously stupid guy”

And I can hear a laugh escaped from his mouth and I smiled at him

“At least the truth comes out.soo .. it doesn’t matter anymore right?both of you have move on....anyway,how’s life?are you still dating that guy?”

“Ohh you mean Kibum.well ..I did.but we’ve broke up once.but…now we’re just having a fresh start”

“As a friend?or an ex-girlfriend?”he asked

“I’m not sure where are we heading with this kind of relationship.so I’ll just wait how it turns out.how’s yours Lu?”

“If you’re asking if I’m still with Giselle then the answer is no.we broke up months ago.somehow things just got complicated and kind of tense between us.so she we’re decided to put an end.but other than that.i’m doing fine”

“Sorry to hear that.you guys look good together though”

He just chuckled “Well it’s all in the past now.I need to move on too”

“Yeah ..so are staying in town?”

“No..well I got a job outside the city.but I think I’ll be home when it’s holiday.my dad and sis is still here anyway.you ?

“Well pretty much the same as you Lu….hey did you know what,we went to the same high school with Kibum?”

“No way…seriously Am?so that means..we live in the same town this whole time?”

“Yeah ..such a small world right?”

“You damn right girl.so …anyway it’s already late.I gotta go now.beside I’ll be leaving tomorrow” he stands up and giving me a hug.as I hugged him back …

“Leaving so soon huh?guess we’ll keep in touch then buddy.make sure you made a lot of money”

“Definitely…we’ll keep in touch Am.see you when I see you”


   It feels kind of weird to getting close to her again after months we’ve broke up and then we met by coincidence then we’re starting all over again just like the time when I first met her.getting to know more about her personality,interest,dislikes,even her side story.just like her story about “him”

This time I got to know her a lot better than before.like we actually went to same high school,we’re living in the same neighbourhood but just a few blocks apart,and I also know at the time she had a wounds in her hearts.and yes,I finally know the real reason why we broke up last time.thanks to Kai,who’s digging information from Krystal.Amber like this guy for a long time,but only to find out that “him” was lying to her saying their feelings are mutual,she even confessed twice but in the end she’s just a stepping stones.that guy turns out dating one of Amber’s friend.

The moment I know this guy name which is..Kris,I can tell right away that I really don’t like him.I mean what kind of coward,,douchebag do that to a girl?I’ve never been in Amber;s position before but I know how it feels like to be betrayed.that’s why..I don’t want to force her to accept me again.maybe she didn’t realize it but I know her heart still belongs to someone else.which is someone who doesn’t deserve it…”him”

“Hyung…don’t you think he is just another piece of ?” I asked Jinki hyung after I told him the whole story

“Who?that Kris guy?”

“Of course.who do you think we’re talking about?”

“Well yeah.for me his a coward and he got blinded by another love or lust maybe whatsover.love is never been so simple Kibum.you told me that Amber was unintentionaly crying when she confessed right?well I think that guy just taking it in a wrong way,he felt pitied yet speechless a girl crying in front of him.so maybe he thinks he just should say yes to her”

“But at that time..he already dating Amber friend.I mean they’re just on break not officially breaking up”

“Yeah that’s what I mean.I think Kris is know which one of the girl who truly loves him.but his head and heart are not in sync.probably there is something inside this girl that Amber he think doesn’t have I mean I don’t know this guy so I can’t really tell.like I said …humans are so stupid when it come to love.like literally”

“I know that really well Hyung.no need to tell me”

“Still you can’t blame Amber.it’s just ..that guy misinterpretation I think the situations made him feel like he should say yes,but it wasn’t.he’s just too scared to tell her the truth.I mean I can understand if a girl crying because me and she liked me for years I just …afraid the truth might hurt her.but in fact it was the otherwise”

“I know right?why it’s gotta be so in complicated?” as I drown my face between my both of my arms.and Jinki hyung is just patted my back

“No it’s not.besides it’s her past remember?it doesn.t matter.but now.. it does.if you love her that much you just need to win her heart back.but not in a rush.you need to be patience let it flow.Kibum-ah process won’t betray the results”

“Luna was right.you’re such a wise man Hyung.thanks”

“Ohh hell yeah.of course I am” now he’s laughing with a deep voice with both of his hands on his waist.like an old man

“Nope ..I take that back.I’d never said that” as I walked away from him

Days turns into weeks,weeks turn into months then months turns into year.I’ve lost contact with Kris for a year and a half.yes …I’m still thinking about him sometimes.like where is he now?what is he doing lately?but hold myself back for wanting to know more about him.besides Luhan haven’t talk about him for this past years to me.at least ….i’m not home where all the memories about him starts.so here I am getting back to do whatever I can do to keep myself busy until that one simple text messages that came out of nowhere and unknown number too

“Hey how are you?are still working at that company?”

I didn’t reply until that call coming ..

“Hello”

“Hello there ..how are you Amber?”

“Errm ..i’m sorry but who is this?”

And then there’s a chuckled “Come on ..did you forget about me already?it’s me …..Kris”

 

 

 

 

 

OH …….

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

So for almost a year I cameback(I know i'm a bad author). i'm dealing with a lot of problem which include my mental health.for any of you who still subscribe to this story i'm so thankful to you guys and i hope you guys will keep reading and supporting me along the way.

I will update the next chapter soon.so stay tuned

xo