Reality Bites

Reality Bites {Complete}
Fan Fiction

Reality Bites

by Anne

Chapter 8

The next day it is back to work day for both Jiro and Selina.Selina saw Jiro from a far making rounds,he just smiled at her and then gone.She did not see him again after that.

The days that follow,it seems like Selina saw less and less of Jiro.She does not know what to make of it.She miss his company,but she guess he must be busy at work.Aside from regular rounds in the hospital,she seldom see him.He does not drop by to see her during lunch like he usually do.No follow up regarding their study session,which she miss a lot.

She also learned that he was off yesterday,and did not even said anything about it.Usually on his off time ,he will call her or that is the time they will have their study session.He must be avoiding me,Selina thought and she does not know why.

This time they met again in the close confine of the elevator when Selina went down to get some medications in the pharmacy and when the elevator opens ,there he was standing tall in white.Selina was taken by surprise and was hesitant to get in.It is just the two of them when the elevator closed in front of them.

"How are you?"Jiro greeted her,his breathe were in her ear.

"I am fine" Selina said with a smile."Are you busy again today?"

"Yeah,quite busy today" he answered.

"I miss ....you're fried rice"Selina said with a laugh.What am I saying ,Selina thought.I sound so lame.She could not quite understand her feeling of awkwardness on the situation.

"Yeah one of these days I'll cook for you" Jiro said as the door opens and he walk out.

As Jiro got out of the elevator,he felt the uneasiness on both of them.but he was glad that she was not mad at him for kissing her that night.He just thought that after that night,she may not want to continue their friendship.He knows in his heart that he want more than friendship from her but he has nothing to offer her,for his future already belong to somebody else.And yes her heart belong to somebody else not him but for Jiro Wang the star.

The next morning,Selina was surprise to see Jiro early in the unit and greeted her with his usual smile like before.He look happy for some reason.Selina was just happy to see him around like always.

As she was having lunch,he went over to the lounge and talk to her.Just sharing some funny stories,they seem to get back to that old comfortable feeling just like before.

"Are you off tomorrow?" Jiro asked.

Selina nodded and has the feeling he knows it far ahead her days off.

"I was thinking if you want to continue our Mandarin lesson,and I will be able to cook for you too ,your fried rice"Jiro said.

"Yeah sure,I thought you will never ask" Selina said.

That night in the apartment,Aaron and Jiro are off at the same time.Seldom do they spend the day together for most of the time they have different schedule.They have not talk much about their personal life.they talk mostly related to the stuff in the apartment or about their profession.

They met through a mutual friend Calvin and since both are looking for a roomate so they end together.it is convenient ,both are Chinese,they both speak the same language since Arron's family is also from Taiwan.But unlike Jiro whose family are back in Taiwan,Arron's family lives in Connecticut.

They were trying to catch up each on its own stories about families.They get along fine.Arron is easy ,he does not ask much way of quite laid back of some sort,but very smart.Somehow ,he does seem to have any girlfriend or wife for that matter.

"Are you married or have a girlfriend of some sort?" Jiro asked"I don't see you bringing girls around here."

Arron gave him a laugh like he is into something."No I am not married,and I don't have a girlfriend" he answered
"The one that I like does not like me"

"Are you telling me we have the same story"Jiro said with a laugh.

"No way,I think she likes you"Arron said teasing Jiro."I think she is pretty"

"Who are you talking about?" Jiro asked.

"Selina of course the nurse from the hospital"Arron said.

"No,we are just friends,she like somebody else"Jiro said matter of factly.

"But you do like her don't you?"Arron said.

Jiro did not answer,he just stayed quiet.

Arron left out a laugh"Cupid caught you already and you don't  even know it"