Reality Bites

Reality Bites {Complete}

 

 

It seems like it was the longest night that Jiro have experienced with his family.He has been trying to getaway and follow Selina in the concert but it seems like an impossible task.His parents has been eager and excited his whereabouts and his progress in his career.They never left him off the hook until midnight.

They barely touched the issue about the wedding.He just say that he is not ready yet to get married.He was about to say about Selina but got cut off and was ignored when he started to question about the meeting of his supposed to be bride to be.His Father gave him a knowing look and just ignored his plea for postponement.

When he was free to go ,he immediately jumped to the chance and practically ran off,which gave Ariel a smile.He drove like crazy and have to cut in the traffic to get on the venue.

Just as he saw Selina trying to reach up to Dadong for a kiss and Dadong's hands on Selina's shoulder.He stood there frozen for a while.He took a deep breathe and walked in stride to reach them.Dadong saw him first but he saw the seriousness on his face unsmiling.

"Oh I think your boyfriend is here to collect you Selina"Dadong said with a smile trying to ease the situation."I have to go,Bye bye,Hope to see you again" and with that Dadong was gone.

Selina look at Jiro and saw the scowl on his face.She forced a smile trying to hide her growing anxiety."He was leaving,I was about getting worried that you were not here yet,so how was it?" Selina asked.

Jiro did not answer.It is either,he is ignoring her or did not hear her.She bit her lips trying to stop herself to say anything more.

Jiro heard her but he cannot trust himself to open his mouth for he knows he is going to regret whatever will come out of it.He was tired and he was all stressed out in meeting his parents and it did not help him of what he did witness earlier.He tried to clenched his fist trying to control himself.

They were silent on the way to the hotel.Selina did not dare to say anything.Jiro did not have to say anything to feel his anger and his jealousy.Selina felt like crying but tried to control the tears from falling.It seems like Jiro is a changed man since they came to Taipei.Is he having a difficult time having to face home that is why he does not talk much about it back in Los Angeles? Selina thought and I am adding to all of this ?

When they reached their room,Selina could not contain herself anymore,she needs to explain to him that it was nothing.That what she feels for him is totally different and what she felt for him is real and true not just a dream.

"Jiro I have to explain....what you saw...."Selina started.

"Yeah,how long have you met that guy?Two days and you let him kissed you"Jiro started"I waited months before I can even do that.You just don't know what I went through for you tonight and then this"his voice raised and his face red.

Selina started crying,Jiro saw what was about to come so when Selina lift up her face,he was gone.Jiro just walked out on her.Selina cried for a while.It seems their relationship is not working as she was expecting.Everything seems to be in turmoil,maybe it was not meant to be because it is not blessed by his parents.They don't know the relationship have existed and they are already doomed.

She got up and went to her room.She showered and changed and waited for Jiro to come back until she went sleep.It was morning when she woke up and still there was no Jiro.She washed up and checked on the receiving room hoping to see him there but nobody is with her.

She sat there on the sofa,everything seem so quiet.Then there was a knock on the door.

"Room service" the voice said.

Selina open the door and the maid came with a breakfast cart.She let her in and then gave her a tip and was gone.She just look at the tray not really up for breakfast.And then the phone rings,she went to the phone.It is one of the staff to informed her that the car service will be ready in an hour to pick her up.Selina frown,she does not know that she have anywhere to go today.

When she look at the breakfast tray,there was folded note from Jiro informing her that Hebe will be meeting her for lunch and he already made arrangement for her.He could not even tell it me face to face,Selina thought.he must be really mad at me from last night.She does not even know if she should go and meet Hebe.She is not in the mood to socialized today.She just want to stay in the room all alone.

She drank coffee and have some toast.She felt a little better.Talking to somebody will help,she thought,but I don't want Hebe to be involved with this.She got up and dressed up and was ready to go.

The car drove her to a house at the outskirt of the city.This must be Hebe's house,it was huge with a garden and a driveway.Hebe must be rich ,Selina thought.When she got out of the car,Hebe was already there waiting for her all smiles.

"Oh Selina ,it is so nice to see again."Hebe greeted her as she gave a peck on the cheek.

Selina smiled,seeing Hebe nice friendly gesture is welcome treat for her today,remembering how Jiro ignored her today.

"Yeah,it is nice to see you"Selina said."How did you know we were here already?"

"Jiro called the other day but I have an appointment and was busy these last few days"Hebe said"Come in,we have a lot to talk about and we need an update about your story"

"I think it is better if we go to my room"Hebe said.as she ushered her to the stairs.

They talked about Los Angeles,the places where Jiro took her in Taipei and lastly she asked about Arron in whispers.Selina knew then that there is something that has been troubling their relationship.

Selina saw the yearning on Hebe's face as she talked about Arron.They seem to love each other very much,so she does not see what can be their problem.Then suddenly Hebe's Mom came and talk to Hebe in Mandarin.Selina having studied the language was able to grasp what the older lady was saying.About having to meet her groom to be today.Selina was surprised,how can it be when Arron is in Los Angeles and it dawned on her that Hebe is going to marry somebody else and that is not Arron.

When Hebe's Mom left,Selina can't help herself but asked Hebe about it."Hebe did I understand it right,you are going to get married and you are meeting your groom today?" Selina asked.

Hebe nodded sadly and tears started falling"I don't know what to do?I promised Arron that I will come back for him but my parents are adamant to marry me this guy that I have never met,you see our marriage has been arranged when we were born by our grandparents and nobody is brave enough to defy the dead peoples wishes,I love Arron,I know he is the only one I want to marry".

"Does Arron knows about this?"Selina asked.

"Yes,but I told him,I promised him he is the one I am going to marry and not this guy,that I am going to defy my parents wishes to be with him,but I don't know if I am brave enough to do it".Hebe continued.

Selina gave Hebe a hug."You have to be strong to do it,Hebe.It is not right to marry this guy.You have to fight this for yourself and Arron."

"I know,please help me Selina,you are my only hope"Hebe said."I am going to meet him and plead my case,if he does not listen I am going to run away to America to Arron,but I am scared to be cursed for life by my family not for myself but for Arron and our future."

Selina just nod her head and was so afraid for Hebe and Arron's future together.How can love can be so complicated ,Selina thought.And Jiro,yes Jiro is another one....she still does not know what will become of them.Do they really have a future together?Or is it doomed before it can even start?Somehow right now she is not confident of what will be the answer to all this question.They don't even talk so how can they solved their problem.Somehow it seems like they are better off as friends than lovers.But it is too late now,she was in love,in love with Jiro and she does not know if she will able to recover if he broke her heart today.She just suddenly realized just how much she really love him.