Reality Bites

Reality Bites {Complete}
Fan Fiction

Reality Bites-Completed

by Anne

Chapter 4

 

The next day Jiro came to Selina and murmured something to her ear.Selina took in with surprise and did not realized how good they look together,that draw stares to some of the staff.

"Are you off tomorrow?" he asked "I have my rare off time tomorrow,I wonder if you would like to start on your Mandarin lessons?"

"Are you sure about this?" Selina asked "Is it not to much on you? I don't want you..."

"No,it is no bother .I really want to do this." he replied before Selina can continue "Do you want me to go to your house or go to my place?"

"Can we do it on your place,I don't want my Mom to know,otherwise they will be so nosy and will be asking a lot of questions" Selina said.

"Sure in my place" he answered "I have an apartment which I shared with Arron ,one of the resident here also.I know he would not mind.He is going to be on call 24 hours that day"

"Just give me the address and the time you are available and here is my cellphone just in a case you have a change of heart and don't want me to come"Selina said

"Why would I wanna do that?" Jiro asked"You're company will be very much welcome"

"Well you'll never know" Selina said,as she went to see and check one of her patient.Jiro look at her with a wishful look.

Selina did not have a hard time finding his place for it is only a couple of block from the hospital.In fact you can just walk from the hospital to his apartment which Selina thinks that he usually do when he goes to work everyday.

She suddenly have an anxious feeling that she cannot understand.Like something wants to hold her back.I don't even know this man and I am going to his place alone,she thought.My Mom won't approve of this.I am not being careful.How do I know he is not a ,a drug pusher,a pimp or maybe a kille?.The last thought give Selina a smile on her face.I must be crazy,she thought.I am too concentrated on learning Mandarin and I got so careless.Daddy will not approve of this me going to guy's place alone.But I know him in the hospital,he is a doctor for Godsake.I am sure they checked their background before they got accepted in the program.She was still battling to herself whether to ring the bell or walk away when the door opens.

It was Arron,Jiro's roommate.He smiled at her in acknowledgement.He have seen her around in the hospital.

"Oh I am on my way out" Arron said matter of factly"Jiro is waiting for you upstairs" as he let her in.

Before she knew it he was gone and she was left in the empty foyer.She does not know whether to go up or just stay where she is.Suddenly the anxiety feeling creep up again.She was about to move when she heard the voice upstairs.

"Up here Selina" as he pop his face on the railings "It will be lot easier here cause all my books and the computer is up here,if you don't mind" he said.

"No ,it is okay.I'm coming up"Selina answered.

He was already at the top of the flight when she reach the second floor.Not that it was much of a step,but somehow suddenly she feels tired. It must be the stress of coming over here she thought.She does not know why she is stressed out just coming over to Jiro's place.

Their lessons went well for their first day.He was straight to the point in his teaching,something Selina did not expect him to be.Her friend even suggested that maybe he likes her that is why he offered to help her in her Mandarin.,which she easily refute.And now just spending barely an hour with him ,she understood that he love the language and yes he love his culture and his heritage and very much proud of it.He must be doing this for the love of his own heritage and language,and not some nonsense things,that her friend have suggested.

She notice the pride in his voice as they trace the history back of Chinese Culture and writings.The more he provided more information the more she hunger for more.Soon they forget the time until her stomach gave them notice that it is time for a break and eat.

"I am getting hungry"Selina said 'You want to go for dinner ?It is my treat for teaching me so much today."

"Well I don't know" he said."I think I ate at every fastfood restaurant around here and I am getting tired of food outside.How about let us just cook something here in the house?"

"I am quite embarased,I am not much of a cook"she said as she smiled."I should have listened a little bit to my Mom before and learn to cook."

"Don't worry I can cook a good fried rice Chinese style" as he gave her a wink."I just need an assistant to help me chopped up some veggies and meat"

"Sure,I'll give myself a try" as she get up and follow him up in the kitchen.

He sure can whip up something in the kitchen,Selina thought."So you are not only a good doctor but a decent chef" Selina said with a teasing smile.

"Pretty much" Jiro said acting out cocky and trying to be funny.Selina have not seen this side of him in the hospital.Of course she is far different from the one he knew before.Some how she was able to relax now in his company.I think he is nice .I think I found a very good friend in him, Selina thought.

Jiro look at Selina smiling and looking so relaxed.His heart ached for her.He knows that the first time he laid her eyes on her that she is going to be someone who is going to be special in his life.But will it be right ?Do I have the right to feel this way to another girl.He yearns for her touch but no I don't even have a right to think of her this way.Selina,my sweet Selina let me just love you from a far.For my love for you will never be.I hope whoever the man in your heart will love you far more than I do.Someone who will fulfill your dreams and give you happiness,Jiro thought.

"Thank you again" Selina said."I learned a lot today.Next time I will tell you about the man of my dream" as she laughed and headed home.

That night as Selina  stared at Jiro Wang picture."Hey Mr Jiro Wang Dong Cheng,do you know that I am doing all of this for you because I love you very much.Please ,please promise me that you are going to wait for me.Because I know once you laid your eyes on me,you will never let me go.I love you and I am so crazy about you.I am going to be Mrs. Wang Dong Cheng get that.So don't look at any other girl.Stop kissing Rainie and having google eye with Genie.It is only Selina for you Baby got that.As Selina kissed Jiro's picture and tucked it under her pillow and went to sleep with a big smile.

<input type="button"></td> <input type="button"></td> <input type="button"></td> <input type="button"></td>