Reality Bites

Reality Bites {Complete}

 

Fan Fiction

Reality Bites

by Anne

Chapter 2

 

The weather is scorching hot,and it is only 7 o clock in the morning.I guess it is another warm hot days in Southern California.It will be nice to lay in the beach and just do nothing but bum out,Selina thought.Well I have another day of work and then I am off for the weekend.I hope I won't be force again by my Mom to attend one of those parties again,for I really just want to stay home and rest.

She have not seen that guy again,the guy whose name happen to be Jiro Wang.She look on the board just to make sure and check that his name is not a joke on her,and sure enough it is real.How many Jiro Wang are there in the world?,she thought.

The unit is slow with a lot of the patient already discharged early on ,and most of them don't want to stay in the hospital in the weekend.Since she work in a surgical unit,most of the surgery are done on working days unless it is really an emergency.She was just finishing her chart when a voice from behind called out her name.She look and found him looking at her.

"Can you please help me find some supplies,I just need to change a bandage of a patient before he goes home."

Selina got up and walk towards the supply room and Jiro immediately follow."Here " she said as she handed him the supply he needed.

"Can you please assist me" as he smiled"I'm a newbie here i think I need some company booster "

"Sure,what room is it and I'll be there" Selina answered"let me just finish up and I'll be there in a second"

"It is Room 342" he answered.

She found him in the room talking to the family and patient giving them information regarding his condition.He stopped when she entered the room.

"You are ready?" he asked like the question is more for her than the patient.

He removed the sutures and clean up the wound like a pro.Selina noticed that he have a gentle hand and the patient did not even changed his facial expression when he was touching it.

"Thank you" he said when they are finished.

"You're welcome"Selina answered"It is also my job"

"So how's your mandarin now?" he asked as Selina seems not to understand what is being asked.When she remembered the book.He remembered it.

"I did not know it is going to be that hard"She answered with a smile"I thought it is gonna be a breeze"

He nodded ,"yeah I have a pretty hard time when I was young learning it and it took me a while to learn to love it"

"Are you a Taiwanese or Chinese or Cantonese?" she asked

"Where did you learn that?" he asked

"Which one?"

"Classifying the Chinese" he asked

"No nothing,I probably just read and surfed it on the internet"

"What is the interest in Mandarin and Chinese culture?" he asked

"Nothing.it is personal" she answered"I have to go,I am off for now.

"Bye Selina"he said "Thank you and enjoy your weekend"

<input type="button"></td> <input type="button"></td> <input type="button"></td> <input type="button"></td>

</form>