Best Friends (Hoya love triangle)

Perfect Harmony One Shot Request Shop Archives
 
Writer:  PrincessCharming4999
Genre:  romance, angst, friendship
Requestor:  Hoya_love_bites
Pairing:  OC x Hoya x Hyuna (Love Triangle)
Credit:  < a tori creation >
 
Best Friends

Gyuri was at her locker waiting for her best friend Hoya. He was currently in their classroom talking to their teacher. Lunch started only a few minutes ago and the students were all rushing to the cafeteria. Gyuri ended up being pushed this way and that because of the students. Her books and papers were scattered everywhere and she tried to pick them up without being trampled on.

"Here, let me help you," A gentle voice said.

Gyuri looked up off of the floor to see a beautiful Korean girl crouching down next to her. Her hair was long and wavy with a slight tint of red to it. Her face was flawless and milky white.

"Here you go," the girl said sweetly as she handed the papers back to Gyuri.

"Oh, thank you so much!" Gyuri said as she took her papers back. "I don't believe I've seen you around here before."

"I'm Kim Hyuna, the new student." Hyuna replied as she helped Gyuri up.

Gyuri smiled at Hyuna, "I'm Gyuri. I didn't know we were getting a new student. Would you like to join me and my friend for lunch?" Gyuri asked

"I'd love to! I have to make a quick stop at the principal's office first but I'll meet you inside the cafeteria."

Gyuri nodded and watched Hyuna make her way down and hall and to the principal's office. She put her books into her locker and smiled when she saw the photos of Hoya and her.

They had been best friends since they were four and this was their senior year of high school. They were basically attached to the hip ever since they were kids. They did everything together, they knew everything about each other, and so on. He was the shoulder she cried on for every boy that broke her heart and she was the shoulder he leaned on when times were tough. If Hoya didn't help her through her darkest moments, she didn't know where she would be right now.

"Sorry for making you wait." a voice said behind Gyuri. Speak of the devil.

Gyuri jumped in surprise and snapped out of her daze. She turned around and flicked Hoya on the forehead. "You should be," she joked, "I almost got trampled on. You weren't there to protect me from being trampled on."

"Is it my fault that you're short and no one can see you?" Hoya said jokingly as he wrapped his arm around Gyuri's shoulder and lead her to the cafeteria.

Gyuri punched Hoya in the shoulder and sat down at their regular lunch table. "Just so you know, someone else will be sitting with us today."

"Awwwww, are you trying to replace me?" Hoya asked with a cute little pout.

Gyuri only rolled her eyes, "Yes. Now go get us lunch."

Hoya put on his best kicked puppy face as he lined up to get food. Gyuri wrinkled her nose and giggled at Hoya's childish antics.

"Gyuri!"

Gyuri turned around in her seat and saw Hyuna waving at her from the cafeteria entrance. Her stunning appearance caught the attention of everyone in the cafeteria. Boys couldn't help but stare at Hyuna and girls whispered amongst themselves. Hyuna just gave them all shy smiles and sat down next to Gyuri.

"Sorry I'm so late," Hyuna apologized as she opened up her lunch.

"It's alright. But actually, someone's sitting there-"

"Here's your food Gyu- Oh... Hello there..." Hoya interrupted Gyuri as he set down the two trays. He looked Hyuna up and down and his face started to heat up, "Who's your friend Gyu?"

"This is Hyuna. She's the new student," Gyuri explained to Hoya, "I told you that a friend of mind would be sitting with us."

"Yeah, but you didn't tell me she would be this pretty..." Hoya said with a blush.

Hyuna's face blushed and she shook Hoya's hand. Gyuri's blood boiled as she watched the two.

"Anyway, as I was saying before. Hyuna, you're in Hoya's spot."

"No no no! It's fine!" Hoya waved Gyuri off, "She can sit there. I'll just sit over here."

Hoya moved to sit on the other side of Hyuna leaving Gyuri at the end of their table. Gyuri bit her lip and started to eat her ramyun. For the rest of lunch, Hoya and Hyuna talked up a storm while Gyuri ate her lunch in silence. They seemed to just click in every way, from taste of music to hobbies.

"You're into dancing too? No way! So am I!" Hoya exclaimed excitedly.

"I bet you're really good." Hyuna said as she sipped her strawberry milkshake.

"I'm pretty good," Hoya said with a cocky smile, "I should show you some time."

"I'd love that." Hyuna replied with a giggle, "I'll see you guys after school!" she said with a happy smile as she waved goodbye to Hoya and Gyuri and went to her class.

Hoya sighed and stared after her, "Isn't she awesome, Gyu? I've never met someone I could really relate to before."

That sentence chipped at Gyuri's heart. Sure they didn't have everything in common, but they could still relate to each other, right? Plus, weren't their differences what made them stronger friends?

"Yeah, she's really nice." Gyuri replied with a soft sigh that went unnoticed by Hoya.

"Thanks for introducing me to her!" Hoya said happily as he gave Gyuri a pat on the back.

"Yeah, no problem..." Gyuri said softly. She turned around only to see that Hoya was no longer by her side. Frowning, she turned back to see that he had already started walking to class without her.

From that day on, Hyuna joined Gyuri and Hoya's little friend group. She sat with them at lunch and joined them in whatever they planned after school.

It's not like Gyuri was angry at Hyuna. Hyuna was a very sweet girl after all, but Gyuri just missed having her best friend to herself. To her relief, she and Hoya finally got a day alone together - at Hoya's request. He said he wanted to talk to her about something.

Gyuri was on her laptop while Hoya was on her bed texting.

"Did you know that Hyuna used  to model! She's so gorgeous" Hoya said dreamily. Gyuri could only hope that the light in his eyes was coming from his phone. "Don't you think so Gyuri?"

"I guess she's alright..." Gyuri mumbled as she typed on her laptop. "If you like perfection, that is..." she thought sadly.

"What's wrong Gyuri?" Hoya asked, noticing a change in his friend's behavior. "You're not jealous of Hyuna, are you?"

Gyuri scoffed and shook her head. "Of course not."

"Good," Hoya said while patting the top of her head, "I don't want my best friends to fight."

Gyuri shrugged off his comment. "What did you want to talk to me about?"

"Well, I ummm." Hoya stuttered while rubbing the back of his neck. Gyuri furrowed her eyebrows in confusion. Hoya never stuttered. He always acted "smooth".

"What is it? Just spit it out. You know you can tell me." Gyuri said reassuringly.

"I know..." Hoya said with a smile, "I trust you with my life."

Gyuri laughed softly and punched Hoya's shoulder, "Then hurry up and tell me!"

"Well, I really like Hyuna and I really want to ask her out... You'll help me, right Gyu?" Hoya asked with pleading eyes.

Gyuri's heart felt like it was slowly being chipped away. Of course it was Hyuna. It was always Hyuna.

"Gyuri? Gyuri, are you okay?" Hoya asked as he shook Gyuri gently.

She shook her head quickly to snap herself out of her daze and nodded to Hoya. "Y-Yeah I'm fine... So, you want to ask out Hyuna..."

Hoya nodded quickly.

"Okay... Well... She likes dancing, right? And you like dancing... So, take her out to dance or something..."

"That's a great idea! Thanks Gyuri, you're the best!" Hoya exclaimed as he gave Gyuri a tight hug. Gyuri hugged him back just as tightly.

"I'm going to go work out all of the details. Thanks for helping me out Gyuri. You're a great friend." Hoya said as he grabbed his backpack. "Love you, Gyu!"

And with that, Hoya bounded excitedly out the door.

Gyuri stared after him with a sad smile.

"Yeah... Love you too..."