Worth It (Chanyeol)

Perfect Harmony One Shot Request Shop Archives
 
Writer:  doughnut_lover_xxo
Genre:  romance, fluff
Requestor:  suusxchanyeol
Pairing:  Chanyeol x OC
Credit:  < a tori creation >
 
Worth It

Chanyeol was a very patient boy. But here he was, waiting as patiently as possible in his car. He kept his eyes trained on the shops in front of him, one hand resting on the steering wheel and tapping a furious beat on his knee, praying that his girlfriend would appear before he patience snapped and he flew out of the car to find her.

He was parked along side the sidewalk in front of a whole slew of accessory stories, the agreed upon meeting place that they had agreed on fifteen minutes ago. Knowing his girlfriend, Suus had probably arrived early to shop.

Checking his phone for the sixth time in the past minute, Chanyeol grunted in annoyance realizing that she hadn't responded to his 'I'm outside' text. He returned his gaze to stores out front he wondered if she was doing this on purpose. Knowing her, it was probably her playful payback for missing her call yesterday.

Suus was the master at driving him insane, an art she had perfected ofter the past year of their relationship. She knew he hated it when she was late.

Another two minutes passed. Chanyeol looked away from the entrance of the store only to check his phone. He started to worry a little as women went in and out of the small pink accessory store without sign of his girlfriend. It was already dark in Seoul, winter had made the day shorter already, and Chanyeol could tell it was freezing outside his heated car.

Swearing under his breath as another woman, a middle aged woman that definitely wasn't Suus slipped out of the store, his hand reached for the power button of his car to turn the engine off.

His fingers were centimeters away from the button, already grabbing his coat off the passenger seat, getting ready to go out and look for her when he finally spotted the familiar tiny figure stride out of the store.

Suus wore a massive black parka but her legs were only covered by jean shorts and the thin material of her tights. On her head, a snapback sat positioned to hide her face, and she wore a thick scarf to cover , but Chanyeol could tell it was her.

Breathing out, his worry quickly turned into annoyance.

Suus glanced around, looking for her boyfriends car, arranging the bags on her arm more comfortably. Her eyes landed on a glossy gray sports car and, reading the license plate number, she smiled under her scarf. Quickly, she began to move in the direction of Chanyeol's car.

She couldn't see inside the heavily tinted car, especially because it was so dark outside, but she latched her fingers under the handle and pulled the door open with a laugh.

“Hey, oppa-” A warm hand wrapped around her wrist and yanked her inside the car. Suus landed sprawled in the passenger seat, letting out a very unladylike curse. “Yah. What's-”

“You're late.” He said, his voice low with annoyance. She turned to see the face of a very irritated Chanyeol. His dark eyes glittered, reflecting the lights of the street lamps and bright storefronts. He reached across her to grab the door and shut it behind her.

His warmth was a stark difference against the fridge temperature outside and she nuzzled her nose into his silky hair for a moment before he pulled away. Suus unwound her scarf so he could see her amused smile.

“I know. Did you miss me?” Suus grinned at her handsome boyfriend. The light from outside shone into the car, artfully casting shadows under his jaw and of his eyelashes while highlighting his cheekbones and nose.

He looked away from her, his anger quickly fading. Chanyeol grumbled under his breath. It was hard to stay angry at a girl that made him want to smile. Turning back to her after mustering his best furious face, hoping he look at least vaguely crossed.

Suus' smile increased in voltage and so did his urge to kiss her. “You're sulky, how cute.” She looked down for a moment to pull her heavy coat off and position her shoppings bags in her lap. Tossing her parka in the backseat, she held up one of the bags, “I bought you something.” She sang.

One dark eyebrow rose. “What is it?”

Suus' smile faded slightly as she dropped the shopping bag back into her lap and Chanyeol panicked a little.

“But first, I'm going to piss you off a little more.” Her voice turned tentative and hesitant as he motioned for her to continue, “I...um can'tmakeitfornewyearseve.”

Disappointment hit him like a semi truck. “Why?” His hand found the cloth of her long sleeved shirt and he brushed his fingers under her sleeve absentmindedly. Suus' pulse spiked, like it did whenever he touched her as she reached her free hand up to brush hair in front of her face.

“It's just that it's getting a little suspicious to my manager. I always disappear for holidays with a super vague, super lame excuse. It's not like I have family in Korea to visit and I think I've used the 'wanting to be alone' card too many times.” Suus sighed, “So I agreed to go attend our company's New Years party.”

Chanyeol grew silent, his fingers slipping away from Suus' wrist. Turning away to stare out at the car parked in front of them, he heaved a massive sigh.

“You know, we could just tell everyone.” He suggested, “Go public and then we wouldn't have to explain anything.” Suus didn't respond.

This was always happening. Their relationship was secret from their friends and fans in order to avoid hate or misconceptions, but sometimes it just really .

“Hey.” A small finger poked his arm. He turned to see a genuinely apologetic Suus. “I'm sorry, oppa. I wanted to see you on New Year's” Her voice goes soft with regret.

Chanyeol stayed quiet, but his hand moved to slip under the jacket on her legs to rest on her knee. Suus covers his hand with hers, her lips spreading into a thousand watt smile.

“So I bought you some things,” Suus said, “You know, to make you feel better.”

Chanyeol scoffs, “I'm not that materialistic.”

“Shut up and receive them well.” Suus huffs pulling the first, and smallest of the two bags, open. He chuckles at his girlfriend.

Holding it out to him, she indicates that he should reach inside and pull the present out. Chanyeol slips his free hand into the plastic bag, his fingers closing around something cold and metal. Pulling his arm back, a thick metal chain styled bracelet dangles from his fingers.

He smiles and she snatches it from him so she can slide it onto his arm.

“Thank you.” He grins largely at her, his handsome face lighting up. Suus winks.

“One more, oppa.” This time she reaches into the last bag herself. Hiding something in the palm of her hand, she lunges forward and almost into his lap.

“Whoa.” Chanyeol jerks in surprise to suddenly have a lapful of Suus, who ignores him as she fidgets with something behind the steering wheel. “I don't know what you're doing, but I'm liking where this is going.”

Suus snorts then pulls away much to Chanyeol's disappointment.

“What did you-?”

“Look. We match.” Suus holds up her phone and a tiny silver chain with an over sized Gothic styled cross hangs. Chanyeol's checks the keys to his car and, sure enough, the exact replica is hanging from the loop. “I know we agreed we couldn't have anything that might connect us, but these key chains are really popular. I don't think anyone will look twice.”

Chanyeol smiles then shoots forward, slipping his hands into her hair and kissing the corner of so quickly, it's barely there. Suus feels it all the way to her toes and her cheek flush. “I like it.” A pleased smile appears on his face that makes Suus' grin widen. “We have forty-five minutes before I have to drop you off at your apartment.” He reveals.

Suus' loops an arm around his bicep and rests her head his shoulder, “Let's go.”

 


 

The Next Morning

“Unnie, you're on the news!” The soft voice of Suus' manager's assistant Mi Young was the first thing she heard New Year morning. Suus yawned into her pillow, she was on the news a lot, but Mi Young had a habit of telling her about ever single story. A hand landed on her shoulder and shook her urgently, “Get up. They're talking about you and some Exo member!”

Suus threw herself into an upright position the second 'Exo' came out of Mi Young's mouth. “What?” She cried throwing herself out of bed and shoving her feet in a pair of slippers. The TV in her apartment was on, throwing the sound of a young woman's voice around her bedroom. Almost tripping over herself, Suus hurried over to squint at the TV. Min Young trailed behind her, perching on the arm of a chair.

A beautiful woman stood in front of a dim picture, gesturing wildly. It was a tabloid news show. “As you can see,” she spoke quickly and smoothly, “Solo artist Lee Suus and Exo's beloved Chanyeol are exiting a car.” Suus' mouth fell open.

The picture switches. “And here they're taking a stroll down a subdued Han river.” Suus squinted. These pictures were from almost two months ago when they'd visited the Han river for Chanyeol's birthday. How could they suddenly pop up now?

“Lee Suus.” A voice bellowed from living room of Suus apartment. She gulped. It was her manager. Suus absolutely adored her manager, a middle aged woman that was even shorter than she was, but she had a temper that knew no bounds. “You have a lot of explaining to do! What are you doing with this boy?”

 

 

“You know when I said I wanted to see you on New Years eve, I didn't think it'd actually make it happen.” Chanyeol drawled in an amused voice. They sat side-by-side in front of Suus' company CEO's empty desk, waiting for him to arrive. Both wore party clothes in preparation for the New Year's party and it was safe to say that Chanyeol hadn't ripped his eyes away from the hem of her dress. Their managers hovered in the back of the room, speaking hurriedly into their cell phones.

Suus smacked his arm, cracking her first smile since entering the room. “Shut up oppa, this is a serious problem.” Her hand moves to fiddle with the tips of her straightened hair. “We could be in serious trouble. What are we going to say? Have you spoken to the rest of Exo yet?”

Chanyeol chuckles, grabbing her hand from her nervous habit of running it though her hair and placed it on his knee. Covering her tiny hand with his, he rubbed a small comforting circles with his thumb. “Yeah, Junmyeon hyung had a fit, but they didn't seem surprised.”

Suus' eyebrows rose, “What do you mean?”

“Well I've been spending every free moment of my time with you, they figured something was going on.” He ran his free hand through his hair and shot her a grin.

She squirmed, blushing a little, “Don't say it like that, it makes it sound like-”

“Like what?” He leans closer to her, his handsome face quickly becoming the center of her attention. Laughing, she jerks away and removes her hand from his hold. She'd been so nervous before coming, going over what she wanted to say in her head over and over again, but then she'd walked into the CEO's office and seen Chanyeol there, waiting for with his warm smile, and it'd taken the edge off her nerves.

She still felt like vomiting up her guts, but his presence was calming and gave her the confidence she lacked.

Suus opens to chide Chanyeol when the door behind opens. It's an eerie sound makes her jump. She turns around and gets up immediately to greet her CEO with a small, respectful smile. Beside her, Chanyeol gets up and follows suit.

“Hello CEO Seo.” Suus says politely. CEO Seo, an older man with a strict face that has always intimidated her, moves to sit behind his desk. He motions for them to take a seat, his face clean of emotion.

There's a an uncomfortable silence where even their managers quiet down. Suus doesn't realize she's holding her breath until she suddenly can't breath in any more. Tightening her fingers around each other she moves her eyes from her lap to her CEO's face.

“I've prepared a press conference,” CEO Seo sighed, setting a thin pair of wire glasses down onto table in front of him. Suus' heart fell. He was going to make them deny everything. “I really didn't think I'd be doing so soon since you debuted.”

Both of their heads shot up in utter surprise. CEO Seo has a soft, but praising smile on his face.

“Excuse me, sir? What are you talking about?” Chanyeol asks, his voice tinged with excitement.

“I talked to your company representative, Park Chanyeol-ssi. They agreed that because you have almost seven years of experience as an idol, and a stable fan base, there is no problem with you dating. Especially if your dating an idol that's as popular and talented as our Suus.”

She wanted to blush at the complement, but she couldn't even comprehend the words. They sounded like music to her ears.

“Are you serious, sir?” She asks, disbelievingly.

CEO Seo nods, an affectionate smile on is face, “Yes. And as long as you both agree to work hard and keep your relationship healthy and under wraps, I have no problem with it either.”

Suus almost threw herself in Chanyeol's lap and hugged him. Both of them rose to their feet and bowed several times, words of thanks spilling from their lips.

Later, at the party, they hovered near the punch bowl wanting to look casual.

It was held in the company building's massive lobby. Idols from her entertainment and several others wandered around, exchanging smiles and conversation as their managers gossiped around them. A DJ worked in the corner, playing soft repetitive background music to compliment the chatter.

Suus still couldn't get over how Chanyeol had agreed to wear an actual suit. He usually complained a lot when wearing them, claiming that the dress pants were always too short and that he looked minutes away from sliding around the dance floor like a penguin. Suus thought he look unbelievably good.

Although they were given permission to date publicly, they still hadn't broken the news. Chanyeol grinned at Suus', offering her one of the small crystal punch glasses full of sparkling cider. She took the glass carefully, making sure that she didn't accidentally touch his fingers.

“I can't believe we got away with that.” He mutters under his breath at her, ladling cider into his own glass. Suus' smile was so large it crinkled the corner of her eyes and make Chanyeol's heart speed up.

“I can't believe it either.” She whispered then turned around and headed away from the tall, handsome idol that was her boyfriend. Suus sighed as she took a sip of her drink, her skirt swirling around her knees. She didn't like the idea of leaving him alone at a party, but she had so much to look forward to that it made walking away from him for the moment, worth it.