Sofa (Jungkook)

Perfect Harmony One Shot Request Shop Archives
 
Writer:  YunaBaebae
Genre:  romance, fluff
Requestor:  BTSKookie7
Pairing:  Junkook x You
Credit:  < a tori creation >
 
Sofa

The spring breeze gently passed through the open windows of the room making Jungkook’s hair gently fall on his face. The young boy let out a sigh as he lay alone on his bed with his head resting on the scented pillow listening to a song which caused his heart to ache. With each beat of the slow song memories of you and him played in his mind, the times you two had spent together under the summer sky; young teenagers full of laughter whose hands were always intertwined with each other’s. The young teenagers who didn’t have to worry about leaving each other’s side until that day arrived.

“Why is she so far?” He thought while standing up from the bed and walking over to the window, noticing the pink blossoms outside which were in full bloom. They resembled your cheeks whenever Jungkook complimented you he sadly reminisced unable to smile at the breath taking view in front of him; no matter where he was in Japan his thoughts always felt like they go back to you.

“What are you doing?” Suddenly a voice interrupted his train of thoughts, he took his headphones off and an idea had formed in his head upon looking at the person entering the room.

“Stop being so drama-” Jungkook stopped Yoongi who was leaning against the door frame from speaking any further as he had a favour to ask.

“Suga hyung I want to do a cover of a song can you help me please? I want to get it done for tomorrow.” He asked politely hoping he would agree, Jungkook had an anxious expression painted on his face because Yoongi was the only person who was able to create pieces in such a short amount of time.

“Alright tomorrow I’ll be at the studio, after Namjoon and I finish, we can get it done.” He finally replied making Jungkook’s face light up with the brightest of smiles he’s had in a while

“Thank You hyung!” He threw himself onto his bed and stared up at the ceiling, he closes his eyes taking in the soft floral fragrance from the pillow his mind was in a state of tranquility.

The next evening both Jungkook and Suga spent the night in the studio in order to successfully finish the cover. Jungkook had practically sung his heart out pouring every ounce of emotion he had into each word occasionally letting his mind wander off to the thought of you . With the final notes done, he heard his hyung’s voice.

“Alright it’s finished, well done kookie.” Yoongi praised as the tired boy left the recording booth, he sat down on one of the overused sofas and took out his phone. His fingers quickly tapped the screen creating a message to send.

 

To: you

There’s a surprise for you tomorrow! I miss you.

 

“You’re missing you a lot recently aren’t you?” Yoongi swivelled round in his chair showing a sense of concern for the maknae, to be so young and in love with a lifestyle like this was difficult, he didn’t understand how Jungkook was managing so well.

you will love the song don’t worry Kookie, let’s go back to the hotel.” He patted the back of the young boy to try and comfort him it was clear that he was trying to hide the pain by smiling but his eyes were showing something the complete opposite.

The two boys walked out of the studio in silence both exhausted from the amount of work which was done today, however Jungkook had several questions circling his head he was wondering if you’d like the song, did you miss him as much as he misses you? Did you still love him as much as you did in the past? His thoughts were making him frustrated since he couldn’t just call you and ask you all that he wanted.

“Jungkook take that look off of your face and stop thinking so much. The song was great so stop sulking.” Yoongi nonchalantly said as they walked through the streets during the dead of night only the dim streetlights provided the roads with a soft glow. Jungkook only looked down kicking the small grey rock around,

“It’s been four months, I miss you so much.” He sighed then checked his phone once again to see if you had replied, sadly there was nothing besides Jimin asking where he was. Yoongi tried to console him there wasn’t anything much that he could say thus the rest of the walk was in silence.

The next day you were frantically running around your apartment trying to make sure you didn’t forget anything since your friend was already outside waiting for you and you had leave as soon as possible. The white iPhone which was sat on the table started vibrating with your boyfriends smiling face lighting up the screen, you were wary about picking it up but decided to do so after a couple of rings.

“Hi Jungkook what is it? I’m sorry but can you make this quick I need to leave in few minutes” You sadly say through the phone this was how your relationship was lately, it was just simple conversations and quick I love you’s.

“Just look at what I sent you when you can okay? I’ll hang up, call me when you can.” His voice sounded strained it was obvious what you had said had irritated him a little but you couldn’t help it you didn’t have time to hold a conversation as of now. While leaving out of the door you decided to click on whatever it was that he sent you, it was an audio clip.

“You’re always on your phone aren’t you.” Your friend raised her eyebrow assuming that you were texting your boyfriend, you slip the phone into your back pocket deciding to listen to it later since you weren’t prepared to hear her complain that you weren’t paying attention to her.

“Hush, now help me with the bags.” You smile as you order your friend to hold the rest of your belongings. Once everything was packed in the vehicle you step inside of her car taking a seat, that’s when you noticed a nervous feel had taken over your body.

“My grandma is going to be so excited to see us she has everything prepared! Did you get everything?” Your friend beams turning on the radio and starting up her car, you only smile and nod during which you had remembered that Jungkook had sent something. Taking out your phone once again, you swipe to unlock it and play the audio he had sent you. You paid attention to the familiar sound that had taken over the car, you have heard this arrangement of instruments once before.

The piano introduction played and the soft voice began singing, his voice was gentle and was perfectly in sync with the melodious beats. You paid close attention to each word that was said. You already felt goose bumps on your skin sending chills down your spine, his voice always had this effect on you even two years later. Seconds pass the deeper notes started to play and the chorus started, this is when you felt the emotions and the pain through his voice leaving you to feel overwhelmed. As the song furthered on you were faced with the thoughts of reality, you have been away from Jungkook for far too long and your heart was longing for the love that he gave you. You needed to physically feel his skin on yours and you were desperate to look into his eyes and hear him say ‘I love you.’ Listening to his voice made your whole body ache, a lump formed in your throat since you were trying to stop yourself from tearing up but it only made the pain grow stronger. You just wanted to be next to him, being under the same sky wasn’t enough you needed him it was simple as that. As the song came to an end your hands started to tremble and you felt uneasy unable to understand what it was that you’re feeling.

“Jungkook must be missing you a lot, that song was beautiful.” Your friend was in awe and her expression showed that she was clearly amazed by your boyfriends talent.

“I- I don’t know what-” you stuttered finding it difficult to put words together, you were left speechless from the beautiful composition.

“Call him, now!” Your friend demanded snatching your phone out of your hand and clicking Jungkook’s name before handing it back to you. There were few rings you waited anxiously hoping he would pick up the phone, on the fourth ring there was a voice.

“Hello?”

“I miss you so much and I love you so much, I’m so sorry I’ve been busy lately but the time difference it makes it hard. You are really amazing and that song was so-” You were speaking fast trying to say all that was on your mind, the tears were edging closer to the brim of your eyes, they were prepared to escape.

“I’m guessing you liked it then huh?” Jungkook’s light chuckle was heard through the phone making you miss him even more if it was possible.

“I loved it, I can’t believe you still remembered that I sent you that. When did you even think of covering that song?” You curiously ask watching cars pass by the window to try and calm yourself down.

“Last night, Yoongi hyung and I worked all night to put it together. You and I have both been so busy lately and I didn’t know how to say the things I wanted to so that’s why.” Jungkook quietly replied, you couldn’t help but admire the dedication he always put into his music and the fact that this song was specifically for you at loss for words. Few bittersweet teardrops slid down you face, you wiped them away before they could land, you let out few sniffles to stop yourself from bawling while on the phone.

“Don’t cry please, I hate it when you’re crying because I’m not there to make you feel better I’ll see you soon okay? Babe please.” Jungkook whined knowing that it would stop you from feeling upset, after composing yourself you felt ready to speak again. It was now time to ask the most important question, it was one that you haven’t asked in a while.

“When are we going to see each other again?” You hesitantly question, neither of you liked hearing the answer. No words were exchanged leaving a long pause, all you were able to hear was Jungkook softly breathing through the phone. You waited for a response, a response which would be different from the one which causes you to feel hurt and hopeless.

“It will be soon, I promise you-” Your boyfriend repeated those infamous words before he was cut off by another voice you had known. Taehyung was telling Jungkook to get ready to leave soon. You let out a sigh knowing that your conversation was going to be cut short for the hundredth time this week because of the busy schedule taking over the life the two of you had.

“Bye I need to leave now, I’ll talk to you when I get back okay?” Before he could end the call you quickly spoke.

“I forgot to mention, I’m actually going on a small vacation so I don’t know how often I’ll be able to talk. I hope you have a great day, I love you so much.” You remind him hoping he wouldn’t be too upset that you probably won’t be able to talk much. Daily phone calls were something that you two always tried to do even if it was just for two minutes but even two minutes were difficult to squeeze in for the past few days.

“Seriously? Well have a good time then in case I don’t get to speak to you. I love you too and make sure that you miss me.” He laughed trying to lift the mood you roll your eyes at his last comment but smiled nonetheless knowing that the relationship between the two of you was still the same and strong as ever.

“Goodbye Jungkook I’m ending this.” You scoffed pressing the red button, you felt a little more assured after noticing that the playful side of the relationship was still alive.

“You two will be okay you. Take a nap because you need to prepare yourself to sit in a plane till your feels numb.” Your friend reminds you of the plane journey you were apprehensive about. A little break was what you needed right now.
 



“We’re finally in Japan I can’t wait to see my grandma!” Your friend jumped around happily attracting attention from strangers, some giving her strange looks. The two of you picked up your luggage and made it outside ready to be picked up by the car out at the front.

“Who’s in there?” You ask your friend as the driver came out you assumed it was her relative but she didn’t greet the person which left you confused. The man in the suit took away your belongings and placed them in the trunk of the car then opened the door for you to get inside, which made you suspicious of what was happening right now.

“It’s been a while hasn’t it?” A tall person came out from the passenger seat leaving you in shock you couldn’t stop yourself from yelling out of excitement.

“Namjoon! how are you? It’s been so long, and seriously you have blue hair now?” You laugh noticing the pastel shade that was appreciable on top of his head.

“I’m great, we’ve missed you a lot little one! But I’m sure your boyfriend has missed you the most, Jungkook’s being really weird lately he sleeps with that pillow you gave him and takes it to which ever country we go to.” Namjoon replied shaking his head and rolling his eyes his response left a warm feeling in your heart. That small pillow was something you gave to him from the last time you saw each other; you found it adorable that he kept it with him. A thought suddenly struck in your mind.

“Can I see Jungkook today?!” You practically shout as your body fluttered with excitement. Your friend pushes you into the car with a small chuckle and takes a seat besides you.

“Maybe.” She states as the car engine is heard ready to take you all to the hotel where the boys were staying.

“Jungkook should be asleep right now so here’s what you should do.” Namjoon tells you, his head turned around to face you as he explained the plan to surprise your boyfriend.
 



“Jungkook wake up.” He heard his name being called several times by Jin but he refused to get up from the sofa that was unbelievably comfortable. He could hear the voice of the other members but he was unable to tell the difference from dream and reality since he felt like he could hear your voice also.

“Jungkookie wake up right now!” A light kiss was placed on his cheek, those set of lips felt like the ones that could never leave his memory and the voice was one which always soothed him. He immediately sat up rubbing his eyes trying to adjust his sight so that he could put together what was happening. The only person who was in front of him was Jimin smiling widely at him, which scared him a little wondering what he was up to. A frustrated Jungkook lay his head against the sofa closing his eyes trying to fall back asleep just so he could dream of you once again.

“Wake up, right now!” You softly whisper placing a kiss on each part of his face after each word; you wanted to let out a giggle after seeing his eyes shut tighter causing little wrinkles to form on his forehead. The sleeping boy let out a groan pushing your face away from him. He was refusing to open his eyes Jungkook knew you weren’t here, he was missing you so much to a point where he believed he was dreaming about your kisses first thing in the morning.

“I’m going to leave since my boyfriend doesn’t want to wake up.” You sulk letting out a dramatic sigh, you were currently standing in front of him with the other members sitting on the chairs scattered around the room waiting for Jungkook to react.

As soon as the words left your mouth Jungkook opened his eyes as wide as possible and he leaped off of the sofa ready to embrace you in his arms. His arms wrapped around your body and the two of you fit like puzzle pieces, the picture was finally complete after the missing piece was found after a time period of too long.

“Is it really you?” He buried his head in your neck inhaling the floral scent which he fell in love with. You nod a little holding the back of his shirt tight as possible not ready to let him go.

“I’ve missed you a lot please don’t leave.” He whispers in your ear you could hear the small crack in his voice when he spoke causing your heart to shatter to pieces; if you could stay by his side forever you would but reality wasn’t supposed to be perfect.

“I’m so glad I finally get to see you, I didn’t know how much longer I would’ve been able to survive without seeing your face” You admit inching yourself closer to him and hiding your face in his chest, you could feel the heat radiating off of him making you feel safe and secured.

“You two can let go now it’s been five minutes.” Yoongi’s voice was heard by the two of you, the both og had forgotten that everyone else was still in the room. Jungkook lets you go but he had left one hand resting on your waist, you were mentally cursing Yoongi for ruining the moment. The other members laughed at the young boy who was turning a light shade of red, he was still easily embarrassed by his older brothers.

“I thought you were going on vacation how did you end up here?” Jungkook asked placing his fingers in between the spaces of yours, you locked your hand with his and smiled warmly,

“I thought I was going to see someone’s grandma.” You narrow your eyes at your friend who had her hands up in defense.

“But all of a sudden Namjoon showed up this morning and it turns out it was Yoongi who planned for us two meet up.” You happily tell your boyfriend who was staring at his hyung’s in disbelief, the relationship these boys had was truly special it was better than any bond that a person can experience.

“Hey I only did it to stop seeing you looking like a sad puppy all of the time.” Yoongi shot at Jungkook before he was able to say anything, with that said he left the room as did everyone else leaving the two of you alone.

“I’m never letting you, you know that right?” You say falling onto the sofa pulling your sleepy boyfriend down with you, you make yourself comfortable by leaning into him and laying your head on his chest. The sound of his heartbeat comforted you, this was better than any piece of music you heard; it was a masterpiece compared to Beethoven’s symphonies.

“I don’t want you to let me go. Now hold me while I go back to sleep.” Jungkook mumbles as his eyes drift to a close holding onto you as his mind returns to a blank state. You weren’t sure how long the two of you had together but you were grateful that he was by your side finally. Your body felt light and every part of you felt at home. The two of you were tangled together feeling glad that neither of you were so far from each other like once before, this was your idea of happiness. Just simply drifting to sleep together on this sofa.