Jealousy (Kyungsoo)

Perfect Harmony One Shot Request Shop Archives
 
Writer:  Naruchan
Genre:  romance, fluff, school au
Requestor:  JunShin
Pairing:  Kyungsoo x OC
Credit:  < a tori creation >
 
Jealousy

KyunSoo was staring at himself in the mirror for the past hour. He was ashamed to admit that, especially as he usually took no more than five minutes to get ready.

But today was different.

Today, he was going to make his move. A move towards the girl he likes. Well, not exactly towards her, but the final goal is to win her heart, as cheesy as that sounds.

His lips stretched into a smile as soon as he thought of her. Kim JunShin, the Vice President of the Student Disciplinary Club. The same club he was a President of. JunShin was a beautiful, smart and talented girl who he had fallen head over heals for.

The only problem was that KyungSoo never really talked to her. Sure, they did talk about the club, but whenever he tried talking about anything else, he failed.

She was in fact quite cold and he felt uneasy not knowing her true emotions. He wished to see her beautiful smile, the one that she always had when talking to friends, but of course she wasn't going to smile when they were talking about serious stuff.

However, things changed.

Last week on Friday KyungSoo overheard - completely accidentally of course - a conversation JunShin had with her friends. Luckily enough, they didn't know he was in the same classroom seeing as he was hidden by a big closet filled with books.

He was going to show himself, not feeling comfortable with hiding from them and listening to their conversations, but then he heard his name being mention. That was enough to keep his mouth shut and his presence hidden.

"He is totally into you!" a short-haired girl said while picking up her bag from the desk. "You're being too harsh on him!"

"No, he's not, he's just being polite..." JunShin said quietly, zipping her own bag before throwing it onto her back.

"Sweety, I've seen him talk to people, and the only person he's awkward to is you," another friend of hers said. "Why don't you admit it?"

"It's like you don't want him to like you back," short-haired one stated.

"I do!" JunShin exclaimed. "I would really like it if he liked me back, but it just doesn't seem like he does. He's always so serious and strict..."

"Maybe you should stop being so cold around him first," her friend suggested.

"Well we are talking about serious stuff, am I supposed to laugh at that?"

"A smile wouldn't hurt," her friend said. "Besides, he...-"

KyungSoo stayed hidden until he was certain they actually left and then he took his bag and walked out. He wanted to hear the rest of the conversation, but even a part he heard was enough to make his heart beat faster. She liked him too?

He spent the whole weekend thinking about it, replaying every single word of theirs. In the end he made a plan, all by himself. He was going to let his best friend, Baekhyun, know about it, but changed his mind in the end.

Baekhyun would find flaws in this plan, he would talk him out of it, but that would mean more days of planning and in the end they might not even find anything to agree upon.

However this plan was simple - make JunShin jealous.

She should act warmer towards him if she saw someone else was taking him over, right? That's all he wanted, a chance to talk to her in a friendlier tone just so he could ask her out, otherwise he didn't know how he would do it.

The whole morning he was mentally preparing himself and he was already imagining JunShin's smile. This should go great, there's nothing that can go wrong, right?

 

***

"JunShin-ah."

KyungSoo's voice came out as small and insecure, so he quickly cleared his throat, unsure if the girl even heard him.

"JunShin-ah," he tried again, this time sounding a bit better.

JunShin turned around, her hair moving with her and settling down perfectly, which made KyungSoo stop for a bit. She looked beautiful yet cold and deadly. Especially deadly with the piercing look in her eyes.

"Yes?" it felt like her voice was even colder than usual.

"I have to tell you something," KyungSoo said and sighed.

The plan did not go well. In fact, it completely failed. JunShin didn't fall right into his arms after he made her jealous. The more he flirted with girls around her, the colder she looked at him until in the end she refused to even spare him a single glance.

KyungSoo found himself staring at her while talking to other girls, waiting for her reaction, but he was being ignored. It was wrong, it was completely opposite of what he wanted to do.

In the end, he said what he did to Baekhyun. He told him his whole plan, and it ended up with Baekhyun smacking him on the head. "You're an idiot! You messed it all up!" followed right after that.

Baekhyun raged for quite a while, until he finally calmed down at one spot and rubbed his face.

"You have to make this right," he said. "The girl likes you for sure and you screw it up..."

"I had no idea what to do!" KyungSoo tried to defend himself, but Baekhyun shot him a glare.

"You should've asked me, smartass!"

And here he was now, trying to make it all right. This was his last hope, he really did want to explain everything as soon as possible, so when they distanced themselves from the crowd he immediately started talking, "I'mreallysorryIlikeyouandIdon'tknowokay..."

"What?" JunShin blinked in confusion, raising her eyebrows.

"Sorry," KyungSoo cleared his throat and took a deep breath. "I'm really sorry. I made a mistake today... And, well... I like you."

JunShin stared at him, without saying anything, and KyungSoo started getting more and more tense as each moment passed.

"Well, I mean, you might not like me and..." KyungSoo finally spoke out as he fiddled his thumbs.

"Today, you flirted with at least ten girls in front of me..."

"Well, uh, eight to be precise," he said with a small smile which immediately fell as she glared at him. "And it was kinda a part of my plan. I was going to make you jealous."

"Jealous?" JunShin frowned.

"Look, I like you, I really really like you, but we never got a chance to actually talk and I could never tell you that. So, I thought, maybe if I made you jealous you would like me too... But it doesn't work that way, does it?"

"No, it doesn't," JunShin said and a small chuckle escaped her lips. "I like you too, and all you had to do was openly talk to me."

KyungSoo was taken back by this confession. Sure, he did hear the conversation she had with her friends, he already knew that she does like him, but for JunShin to say it out loud was different. Especially after the failed plan he had.

"So, do you want to go out with me?" KyungSoo said with a small hopeful smile.

"Sure I do," JunShin nodded and gave him a wide smile, for the first time ever.

"Yes!" KyungSoo's fist punched the air, before he quickly returned it to his side. "I mean, that's great!"

"Well, we better get back now," JunShin said and was about to start walking, but KyungSoo stopped her.

"One more thing..." he said before he slowly leaned in and pressed a kiss onto her lips.

JunShin blushed, but she smiled at him once again before they walked back together.