Science or Chemistry? (Seungho)

Perfect Harmony One Shot Request Shop Archives
 
Writer:  PrincessCharming4999
Genre:  romance, fluff
Requestor:  JunShin
Pairing:  Seungho x OC
Credit:  < a tori creation >
 
Science or Chemistry?

I grabbed my notebook and my textbook and headed to one of my more enjoyable classes for the day - science. I walked into the classroom and most of the students were already there and were talking amongst themselves. I sat down at my desk and tapped my foot as I watched the little red hand on the clock tick by. Class would start soon meaning we would finally find out what our grade would be from the test we took last week.

Finally, the last few students began to file into the classroom and our science teacher walked in.

"Good afternoon, class," she said with a bright smile.

"Good afternoon," the students replied.

"As you know, you will be getting your tests back today. Your grades have already been updated online so some of you might have already seen your grades."

With that said, she started to hand back the tests to the students.

"Congratulations to Kim Jun Shin for getting one hundred five percent on the test," she said with a smile as she handed back my test.

I flushed and shrunk from the stares I was getting from my peers. They commended the fact that I also got the extra credit questions right

I heard a cough behind me and the word 'nerd' followed it. I turned around to glare at my ex-boyfriend, Yang Seungho, who was chuckling with his friends. He caught my eyes and gave me a smirk. I turned to face the teacher and tried to ignore him and his stupid friends for the rest of the class. I don't know what I saw in him in the first place.

"Alright class, we're done early today so you can pack up your stuff." The sound of books and papers shuffling into backpacks was heard. "And before I forget, you have a partner assignment due at the end of this month. This will be the final project of the school year. You will have a five page paper as well as a visual representation of your topic. You may choose your topic."

The students sat on the edge of there seats, looking at their friends across the room.

Great. Partner projects aka me doing all the work and the other person waiting for their A. There were few friends I had in this class. They weren't really "friends", they were more like people I didn't mind as much because they didn't bother me. Then there were the popular girls who refused to get their hands dirty. I had to work with some of them for a few assignments. It wasn't very pleasant. Then there was my ex-boyfriend and his crew. They were the worst. They're lazy and good for nothing - well maybe except Sanghyun also known as Thunder. He was a sweetie. He couldn't do any wrong. If I had to choose a partner, he would definitely be my first choice.

"I will be picking the partners," the teacher announced.

Moans and groans were heard about the classroom and I nearly smacked my head against the table. No. No no no no no no no!

"Chrystal and Jessica. Minsoo and Daniel. Youngmin and Kwangmin..."

The teacher droned on and started to call out the pairs. I tapped my foot rapidly and bit my lip. Please be Sanghyun. Please be Sanghyun!

"Jun Shin and Sanghyun."

Yes! I did a victory dance in my head and turned to look at Sanghyun. I gave him a bright smile and he smiled back just as happily.

"Oh, I'm sorry. I looked on line ahead.  Jun Shin and Seungho."

My smile fell just as quickly as it formed. Sanghyun gave me an apologetic look and I turned to meet Seungho's eyes. On his face was a stupid smirk.  Ugggggg I just want to slap him across the face.

After the bell rung, I made sure to pack up slowly enough to make sure I was the last student in the room. Once the last student left, I quickly made my way over to the teacher's desk.

"Mrs. Lee? May I talk to you about the partner project," I asked when I reached her desk.

"Of course," she replied as she looked up from her computer screen.

"Well, I was wondering if maybe you could change my partner for the assignment..."

She looked at me with curiosity, "May I ask why?"

"Well, I don't exactly have a good history with Yang Seungho," I said as I crossed my arms. That was a total understatement. I was smitten with all of the words that he said to reel me in. Too smitten to realize that I was just a game to him. But that was in the past and what's done is done. Right now, I just want to focus on my school work.

The teacher was silent for a moment and hummed softly, "Well, I picked the partners by how close they lived to each other considering that exams are coming up and I didn't want there to be more of a mess on deciding where to meet and whatnot. That's why there were so many siblings paired up with each other," Mrs. Lee explained.

I sighed. She had good reasons for putting us together and Seungho and I did live closer to each other than Sanghyun and I.

"Alright, I understand," I said. "Thanks anyway."

I left the classroom with a disappointed sigh. At least this would be the last project of the school year. After this, it's is just exams and then finally summer.

My phone started to buzz inside my jean pocket. I picked it up and read the new text message.

From: Ignore
My house. After school. Bring your science text book. Let's get this done and over with.

I rolled my eyes and put my phone back into my pocket. The sooner we get this stuff done, the sooner we can get everything over with.

After school, I felt myself walk down a familiar block. There was a short cut to Seungho's house through the neighborhood park. I started walking through the forested area of the park and all of the memories just hit me like a ton of bricks. The starlight picnics, the hide and seek games, everything. And just to make everything worse, I passed by the tree that had SH + JS carved into it inside of a carved heart. My eyes started to well up with tears. I quickly wiped them away and picked up my pace. I found my way out of the park and finally into Seungho's side of the neighborhood.

I found his house quickly and rang his doorbell. The door opened and I was greeted by his mother.

"Jun Shin," she exclaimed as she gripped me in a tight embrace. I could feel the air being squeezed out of me. "How have you been, sweetie? I've missed you so much!"

"Oh you know. I've been pretty busy with school and stuff," I replied awkwardly as she let go of me. I guess she didn't want to accept that Seungho and I broke up.

"You know, if you ever need to talk about anything, I'm here for you sweetie," she said sincerely as she placed her hand on my shoulder.

The last time I saw her was when she came back from a mini vacation with her husband. By then, Seungho and I had already broken up. It was Seungho and I's anniversary and I planned a surprise dinner for him. I texted him and asked him to come to my house but he said he was sick. I was upset, but I had the great idea to go to his house and bring him dinner in bed. His mother had given me a key, so I let myself in and put the food on a tray and headed for his room. When I opened the door, I found him in his bed. But not alone. He had a lap full of Jessica and a handful of her curves. I dropped the tray and just bolted. I felt sick. So sick that I threw up on the sidewalk. I was devastated. The worst part is that he never apologized to me. It's like he just pretended that our whole relationship never happened. I guess, part of me wanted him to run after me, but he never did.

I didn't talk to anyone after that. I fell into a deep depression and I started cutting classes. My grades dropped so fast, almost to the point of no return. There was no one to confide in. I didn't have anyone. But one day, Sanghyun found me up on the roof of the school. I guess it kind of looked like I was about to jump (I wasn't going to. I promise) and he kind of freaked out. After that, I told him everything. He helped me bring my grades back up and I used it as a way to take my mind off of Seungho. Now, I'm the top student of the school.

I knew that one day, I'd have to stop hiding from Seungho. I guess today was that day. I would keep my head held high. If he  wanted to forget that we ever happened, so would I.

His mother led me upstairs and knocked on the door of his room.

"Seungho, Jun Shin is here," she said as she opened the door.

I felt sick. His room didn't change one bit other than the floor table he set up for us to work on.

He looked up from his laptop and saw me. "You made it," came his stupid response.

I only nodded and set my stuff down. His mother left us and went back downstairs.

"So, for the project, I was thinking that we could do some of the lesser known elements on the periodic table and we could research on how they're used in our world," I said without looking at him.

"That sounds good. We could each pick out some elements to research and make a poster board for them."

We both started to get to work. We were both very concentrated on doing our own things. While I was looking through my text books, Seungho caught my attention with a 'hey'.

"What," I asked looking up from my textbooks.

"Did you know that you're made of Copper and Tellurium?"

I furrowed my eyebrows, "Uh, no?"

"Yeah, see."

Seungho took his notebook and showed me.

I felt my face flush and I tried to bite back a smile. That was pretty clever. I shook my head and rolled my eyes and went back to work.

"Stop messing around," I said, "We have a lot of work to do."

"But the project is due at the end of the month," Seungho pointed out as he took his notebook back.

I rolled my eyes once again, "Well, there's still exams right? I'm not going to waste my time."

Seungho clicked his tongue, "I don't remember you ever being this crazy about your grades."

"Well, I'm a different person now than before."

Before.

He knew what I meant by that.

The atmosphere between us became awkward, so I set my mind back on working.

"Hey, check this out. Your body is made of Fluorine, Iodine, and Neon," Seungho said with a smirk on his face.

"Seungho, please, stop messing around. I know that's not true."

I was starting to get really annoyed with him. If he wasn't going to take this seriously, I'd rather just leave.

"Come on Jun Shin. Lighten up a bit and have some fun," Seungho said with a roll of his eyes.

I scowled, "What does it spell."

He handed me his notebook and I scoffed

"Seriously," I asked him. He was being ridiculous.

I started to pack up my things when Seungho grabbed my hand.

"Don't touch me!"

I ripped my hand away from his as fast as I could and his mom ran into the room.

"What's going on, you two," she asked worriedly.

"Nothing."

I grabbed my stuff and ran out of the house. I felt sick to my stomach.

"Jun Shin, wait!"

Seungho was running after me. Tears filled my eyes as I ran faster. I ran into the forested area by his park and knelt on the ground. My stomach felt horrible and I threw up. Seungho had caught up to me and he started to rub my back gently. He even pulled my hair out of my face. When I was done, he handed me a handkerchief. I was in no position to turn down his small act of kindness. I took his handkerchief and wiped my mouth.

"Hey, look," Seungho said as he looked up.

I followed his gaze. We were sitting under what used to be our tree.

"I'm going home," I said as I stood up. But my legs were too wobbly and I felt dizzy. I started to fall, but Seungho caught me.

"Jun Shin, just wait for a few minutes," he said as he set me back down.

The awkward silence was back. I felt like I was being swallowed in it.

"So..."

"Don't talk to me."

I didn't care if I was being snippy. He deserved every bit of it.

"I haven't talked to you in months... I miss you, Jun Shin," he said as he inched his hand closer to mine.

I put my hands in my lap, "I don't believe you, and frankly, I don't want to believe you. There's nothing between us now."

"Oh yeah? Then why have you been hanging out with Sanghyun so much? Are you trying to make me jealous or something? Are you using him?"

I lost it. I slapped Seungho right across the face and I could see my hand print forming on his cheek.

"I would never stoop as low as you," I said through gritted teeth.

He glared at me. "What's that supposed to mean?"

"How are you and Jessica? I don't think your girlfriend would like hearing that you miss me," I told him with every ounce of sarcasm I contained.

"She's NOT my girlfriend," he said as his glare intensified. I wasn't scared of him.

"Well I certainly wasn't the night you cheated."

His glare dropped. He took my hand in his and held it tight, "Jun Shin, you don't know how sorry I am. I was stupid for doing that to you. Beyond stupid. I've wanted to apologize to you for the longest time now, but I just couldn't approach you. I know how badly I hurt you. Sanghyun told me. And I know that you probably don't forgive me, but I'm going to apologize anyway."

At that point, I couldn't help but burst out into tears. Seungho pulled me into his chest and I just kept on sobbing. I started hitting his chest with my fists.

"You never came after me! Why did you go out with me if you didn't want me," I sobbed as he rubbed my back.

"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry," he whispered as he my hair, "You're the best thing that ever happened to me. I made the biggest mistake of my life that night."

I buried my head in his chest and continued to cry. After about fifteen minutes, I was reduced to sniffles. Seungho hugged me closer and kissed the top of my head. I tilted my head upwards and we shared a brief kiss.

"I missed you," he whispered against my lips.

"I missed you too," I whispered back.