Whats important in life

The after life

Is eight in the morning and Yixing cant stop crying. He sobs and then calms to sob violently again. Luhan looks at Xiumin, neither one of them knows what to say.

When Sehan appears all the adults try to get their together, they are not fooling him, but he forgets fast, as soon as the food comes to his plate. He asks vaguely what is uncle Yixing doing there so early and recieves an equally vague answer. Luhan takes him to school after he finishes, which leaves Xiumin and Yixing alone to talk some more.

"But things werent ok between you?"

"It was fine...I thought...", he bawls. "He was a little distant but..." he sobs.

"Are you sure that he is not...doesnt have...a..."

"An affair? He said not...and is worse because he....he rather be alone than with me...with his family. I wouldve understand more if he had another person...If he fell in love..."

"He is being selfish then. What did you say to him?"

"I let him go", he cried.

"You didnt fight?"

"Why would I? Yifan found me at my worst, he save me, he literally saved me from dead. I dont have the right to question him....he chose me to be with him even knowing that I was broken and used...so I just let him do whate..."

"But you have the right to fight...for your son!", Xiumin was starting to get mad.

Last night Yifan, out of nowhere, went to Yixing to tell him that he didnt want the family life anymore, that he wasnt doing what he originally thought he would be doing at that age....that he needed to see the world, he needed to go and see if there was more than deprevasion and crime to this world. And left, just left. As if they didnt have problems already.

This was really bad because the only working person in the Wu household was Yifan and Yixing didnt have any credits nor money to put Fanxing at a day care to go out there and look for any kind of job. Its was sad and desperating. Luhan and Xiumin couldnt work for everybody. Soon Xiumin was gonna have to stop working at all so it was bad.

--------------

Some people might say that the color on Chanyeols skin is getting better, that the features of his face are becoming more calmed, that his eyes look clearer, the doctors would say that, any other person would just look at him and say the he looks half dead, or about to die.

Inside Chanyeol feels...mostly like always? He knows whats like to feel numb, druged, thats how he is now, even if the drugs come from doctors. He still spends most of his time half sleep. They manhandle him a lot, treat him as if he is sick, they are making him sick.

Right now they took him out, like a dog, once or twice depending on the weather, the nurses takes him outside and sit him on a bench. He admits that is calm, he likes to look at the trees surrounding the clinic. It reminds him of things.

"Is this place far from the city mas...Chanyeol?"

"It is, Im pretty sure that nobody will found us here", they walk towards a house.

"Come on", Kangin passes them, he is carrying Sulli, his slave, on his back.

They enter and choose rooms. There are people Chanyeol doesnt trust, mister Lee for example, is the owner of the house, but he looks at Baekhyun with a disgusting mock of lust and he has two slaves with him that look really bad. Granted not all of them are like him and Kangin and Siwon, but they didnt have a choice, when mister Lee came with this offer they couldnt say no. However, they were very aware that in the case of danger mister Lee would be the one safe, hes got tons of money.

The three friends stayed at the same room, all six of them. Sulli was pregnant, glowing and beautifull it wasnt Kangins, it was Sullis real master, he just was the chofer, they were in love, secretly. The master sent him to sell her to a brudell when he found out, but instead he stole her and they escaped, one month later the slavery laws came down, but it was to late, Kangin already got the papers as if Sulli was his as if he was the master. So they thought they didnt have any other choice but to keep escaping. Siwon had Ren, bought in Japan. The boy was fascinated with his master, or maybe with the fact that his master never touched him, Siwon was a religious man, he wanted marriage but nobody would marry a slave to a master, in a any church in any state. Ren was like sixteen at the time, Siwon was much older of course, more than Chanyeol even. He once told him that he would Ren go as soon as they were better, that was not a life for a boy, God would never forgive him for feeling the way he did. It got Chanyeol thinking. God might accept him and Baekhyun because that was love, for sure....but really what was love at that time?

"Chanyeol", the touch of doctor Zhou made him go back to reallity. "Do you want to carry our session here? The sun is not that strong", he sat by him.

Right now, he cant say much, is like his brain is use to be alone, alone you dont talk to anybody, Chanyeols existence is just thoughts and memories and pain. Here, he still cant understand very well what is going on and he still doesnt trust the doctor that much. He wonders why would somebody want to do something for him so bad.

"Do you remember our last talk?", maybe. "How youve been? We change the medication, how did that worked?"

"I feel, awake"

"Did you have trouble sleeping?"

"Other people scream at night"

"Yeah, that can be a problem", the doctor chuckled under the atentive almost murderous look of Chanyeol. "What were you thinking when I came? Do you wanna talk about it?"

"I was wondering when can I come back to my search for Baekhyun?"

"Weve talked about it. When you get better"

"When will that be? How many more drugs do I need to take for you to think that Im better? Im wasting time here"

"Why do you think you are wasting time?"

"Because the longer I stay here, Baekhyun is in more danger"

"Danger? Why?"

"They are after him, like they were after me"

"Where do you think Baekhyun is? You think he is here?"

"I came here because I had to take care of something and later I have to go back to my country and find Baekhyun, I should be doing that now"

"What did you have to take care of? and who is after you?", Chanyeol went dangeroulsy close to the doctor, the nurses steping closer.

"Look, doctor...", he clentch his teeth and side eyed the nurses. "....Ive seen your car, the clothes that you wear underneath your doctor disguise, your stylish hair...all that tells me that you dont know the first thing about life, whats important, whats not. You think your science can 'save me'. I can save myself, Ive been doing so for years now. Whos after me you asked? Everybody".

-------------------

What the hell was there to know about life? That it wasnt a bed of flowers, that people could be just pieces of walking and talking? Doctor Zhou knew this very well. He also knew that the car and the cloth and this appartment werent important, he knew what the important things in life were. He sighed. Its been a long day, thank God the maide left food.

He pours some wine on his glass and eats. He lives a good life or thats what other people think, well is not bad, he has everything and he even has a dream job, well at least he dreamt about it.

Chanyeol is his first case as a psychiatrist, the first after a long time. He knows that he shouldnt think about him, bringing this kind of work home is not the same as bringing a stuck of papers. But he cant help but wonder...it was the same with Xiumin, when he heard the story. Xiumin almost died for Luhan, or because of Luhan. He had triggered something in him, just like Baekhyun seemed to have triggered in Chanyeol. How is that possible? He never felt that way about anybody, he once had a family so he knows what real inconditional love is, when he lost his family he knew what it was the lack of it. However he didnt lost himself, maybe if he wouldve known of a way to save his family it wouldve been like this, him living trhougout years of desperation.

He sighs again. At this age is foolish to think that he can fall in love with someone or that he can even awake those kinds of feellings in a person. Anyway thats really not important, the doctor thinks, whats important is how to tell Chanyeol that Baekhyun is alive, maybe happy, and doesnt want to see him. It will be a chanllenge to make Chanyeol think that life is worth with out Baekhyun, simply because until now he has been living with out him and it is utter hell.