Present...life?

The after life

The traffic of Beijing at that time was the worst thing that could ever happen to someone with an emergency, that’s why Luhan pretty much literally jumped out of Yifans car the moment they reach the block before the street of the comic book store.

He ran like a mad man only to increase his worries with every step. Sirens, and police cars, people gathering around, what was going on? He panted as he tried to cross the police line.

“Sir, you cant pass”, a police officer warned and grabbed his arm.

“No I am the…husband…”

“Papa!”

Both men turned to see a crying Sehan jumped out of an ambulance that was parked over the sidewalk and run to his father. The officer let Luhan go.

“Papa!!”, the boy couldn’t stop crying on his arms, tears started to fill Luhans eyes.

“Shhh, shh. Im here, Im here. Are you ok?”

“Yes, but appa…appa…got hurt”, that wasn’t what he wanted to hear. With all the strength that he had he carried his son to the ambulance.

There was Xiumin with bloody clothes, he chocked on his own tears, he had seen this Xiumin before and didn’t want to see him again.

“What…?”, he panted and the nurse that was with Xiumin saw him, as well as his husband.

“Im fine…”, he spoke and it was enough for Luhan to throw himself at him in a bone crushing hug.

“They are all fine sir. It was only a scratched and the fall didn’t hurt the baby”, Luhan looked at the woman and them back at Xiumin.

“What happened? You were with Luminie?”

“No she doesn’t mean…”

“I was talking about the baby that’s here”, the nurse answered patting on Xiumins stomach.

“What…?”, ok it was to much information right now. Xiumin smiled sweetly so it was ok.

“We are gonna take him to the hospital to assure that they are ok”, Luhan nodded.

“Where is Luminie?”, Xiumin pointed outside to a female officer. “Ill get her”.

As Luhan went down the ambulance he saw Yifan talking to another officer and waved at him. Yifan jogged to his brother in law who was holding his niece.

“They don’t know much… they think it was a robbery. The man shot at Xiumin but missed because the police jumped on him. Xiumin told them that he doesn’t know who he is”, Luhan nodded.

“I have to go to the hospital with them, ok?”

“Ok Ill see you there. I will stay in case they need some information”

“Thanks”

-------------------------------

The police car drove him away from the scene. The mission wasn’t completed, he failed again. He was grunting and moving, the officers wouldn’t stop screaming at him, he would only growled at them.

“As soon as we get to precinct you are gonna take a cold shower, youll see how fast youll calm! And you would stop smelling like the scum bag that you are!”, the police man yelled.

How could this happen. He hadn’t planned that the kids be there, that’s how it happened. He wont fail next time.

He has been in jail other times, Chinese jails were not nice places, but sometimes they had become the only way to keep himself warm and away from the rain. But this time it was different, he had committed a real crime and the investigations were going deeper.

--------------------------------------------

“Han?”

“Yeah baby”

“When can we go home?”

“After doctor Zhou sees you”

“When is he coming? I don’t like to have the kids in a hospital, is not healthy”

“I know, but you have to wait and I don’t think they would want to be taken away from you”, Luhan whispered as he Lumins hair, both of their children (or should he say all three of them) were over Xiumin sleeping in the hospital bed.

“How did this happen?”, he said as he laid a hand on his husband belly and smiled.

“As if you don’t know how”, Xiumin chuckled. “Im scared”.

“I know, me too. But, this time is different. I will take extra care of you, we are fine now, theres nothing that could go wrong, right?”

“I hope so…”

“You are almost four months now and you didn’t feel bad right? So maybe this time we will be lucky”, he smiled.

“Its true…come here”, he said as he starched his hand towards Luhan, they kissed.

“Ehem…”, the doctor came in.

“Oh! Hello doctor. Thank you for coming”, Luhan held his hand out for the professional.

“I see you are fine”, he smiled at Xiumin. “And they said you also have good news to me, right?”

“I hope they are good”, the pacient said as he tried to sit up, Sehan grunted.

“Honey come here the doctor have to see your appa”, Luhan took him gently and put him on the couch, then he took Lumin.

“Ok, so I see that they ran some tests and things seems ok. To be honest I thought this was gonna be worst, it looks that the baby is ok and so are you, your condition is so much better than with Lumin, your health has improve a lot. I guess we are gonna have to be carefull and see how this develops. Ill give some medicines and vitamins and will run more tests later ok? Don’t be nervous, just don’t expose yourself to stress…again…and don’t do much physical effort, let this wound heal properly, try not to carry the baby when you are walking, she is big now, ok? Eat healthy, don’t skip meals”, Xiumin nodded. “If you need any help, please call me”. Then he turned to Luhan. “Can I talk to you?”

“Sure”, they left the room, Xiumin stayed with Lumin in his arms.

At that moment Yifan entered the room.

“Hey, how are you?”

“Im better I guess…you are gonna be an uncle again”, he smiled.

“Really? Oh my God, congrats…even though Im surprise that this didn’t happen before cause God knows how much go a it…”, he chuckled.

“Hey!”

“No, really Im happy for you. I came to check how you were and to tell you that the man that attacked you is under custody and his name is Chang Lie, but they suspect him to be Park Chanyeol, a fugitive from your country, you know him right?”

“Chanyeol…”

“I knew it, it is in your book right?”, he nodded.

“Chanyeol tried to kill me?”