19

[Series] Pediatrician Couple

Do you guys know about spoiler tag? If you do, please do it if you're writing a spoiler in comment section. If you don't, read here!


Shiwon pushed her bedroom's door harshly causing a loud bang that echoed throughout the house. She tossed her bag away, walking to her dressing table and faced the mirror, gritting her teeth in anger. "He's mine!!" she screamed at the top of her lungs, sweeping away everything -her make-up products, facial products, mini-size mirror, photo frames, glass-bottle perfume-from the table, not leaving anything at all. She turned her back and walked to her bed. She grabbed the bed sheet and took it off harshly, tossing it aside. "Moon Shiwon!" her mother yelled from the door, quickly sprinting to her daughter and hugged from her back, trying to calm her down. Upon the touch from her mother, Shiwon stopped from venting her anger out. She turned her back and faced her mother.

"Omma, my wedding's going to happen, right? No, it must happen!" Shiwon said sternly with determined fiery eyes.

"Shiwon-ah, why are you like this? Didn't you say you don't mind if the wedding off?"

"No, it can't be off. I change my mind."

"But, why? There's must be a reason."

 

"Joongki-ssi, I'm sorry," Chaewon apologized sincerely, hanging her head low. Both of them were sitting by the stairs, side by side. She had settled down when their kiss happened.

"What for?" Joongki innocently asked, raising a brow. Chaewon let out a nervous sigh.

"For....misunderstood you. I thought you were cheating on your wife with me. It was my fault for not listening to your explanation. I'm sorry. I understand if you're mad at me. I'm so stupid." Joongki slid his hand into hers and linked them. He gave her a light squeeze to reassure her.

"It's my fault too. I should have told you earlier. But I guess, I was waiting for the right time. Screw the right time." Chaewon smiled for the first time after a while.

"Haeyeonnie. How old is she?"

"11 years old." She tilted her head to one side, a little confused because Haeyeon was already a big girl.

"How old were you when you got married then?"

"16," Joongki casually answered. Chaewon's eyes grew in surprise.

"That's so..."

"...young. I know. But it didn't stop me from marrying my ex-wife. I was head over heels for her. However, we got divorced one year later."

"Why? Didn't you love each other?" Chaewon frowned in confusion.

"You know let’s just say our fate didn’t last long. People’s fate is different from each other. There’s fate like my ex-wife and I; short but meaningful and there’s fate that lasts till death apart." Chaewon was stunned for a while. She definitely had heard the words before, but she couldn’t recall. Joongki got up and pulled her up straight into his embrace.

“Let’s go,” he said, breaking their hug.

“To where?” Joongki flashed an affectionate smile.

“Eat.”

 

“Ah, I didn’t eat for hours. Almost forgot that.” Joongki flicked her head playfully. Chaewon gave him a glare.

“Aigoo. See you in a bit!” Joongki snickered as he went into male changing room.

“Dr Moon.” Chaewon heard her name was called as she swiftly turned her back.

“What is it, Nurse Kim?” she raised a brow in curiosity. Nurse Kim held out a bag to her.

“Your sister came earlier. She told me to pass you this bag. Perhaps, there’s packed dinner in there for you, Dr Moon,” Nurse Kim said, smiling. Chaewon reached her hand for the bag and thanked Nurse Kim. She peeked inside; indeed her sister packed dinner for her, for the first time.

“Wow, these taste good,” Joongki said with a full mouth. He stuffed every type of sushi into his mouth. Chaewon pushed his head lightly with her index finger.

“Joongki-ssi please. Don’t talk when your mouth is full. Disgusting,” she made a gagged expression. His lips curved into a smile as he quickly munched down and swallowed.

“Even if I’m disgusting, you still love me,” Joongki smiled, stuffing his mouth with another sushi. “Your sister made these? She’s pretty good.”

“Yeah, she is. She had interest in cooking since we were kids. She made a great cook since then. But, it was a waste,” Chaewon heaved a sigh. She felt reluctant even to talk about it. Joongki noticed the sorrowfulness in her voice. He reached for her hands and squeezed them lightly.

“It’s alright. You can tell me.”

“My mom. She doesn’t like the fact that Shiwon likes cooking. Anything but cooking. Shiwon got scolded so many times for taking interest in cooking. Mom wanted her to be a pianist, so she sent her to piano class, but Shiwon couldn’t catch up. But mom doesn’t give up. She sent her to gymnastic class. But Shiwon ended up breaking her left leg. Mom sent her to hundred classes but none of them ever work. I tried to persuade Mom, telling her that Shiwon likes cooking more than anything but she never listened. Sometimes, I feel glad that Mom never bothers me that much. Because I wanted to be a doctor since I was little.”

Chaewon wiped her continuously flowing tears. She felt bad every time she thought about her sister. Joongki scooted closer to her, wrapping his arms around her, giving her the comfort she needed right now.

 

“Mrs Song” Mrs Moon called nervously. They were both sitting opposite each other inside a cafe, having a cup of latte and cappuccino each. Mrs Song raised her brows in curiosity.

“What is it, unnie?”

“Do you think....” Mrs Moon paused, thinking whether she should continue or otherwise.

“Do you think it’s possible to continue our children’s marriage?” Mrs Moon asked finally. Mrs Song’s eyes grew in surprise and she was delighted hearing the statement.

“What kind of question is that? Of course I would love having Shiwon as my daughter-in-law,” Mrs Song expressed her excitement, having a wide smile on her face. “But, why suddenly....?”

Mrs Moon heaved a sigh, collecting her courage. “Shiwonnie. She’s pregnant.”


“Hello, Minji ah,” Chaewon talked via phone. She was in the elevator, on the way to visit her little Haeyeon. “Which room Haeyeonie was warded?”

“Room 5.”

“Room 5....?” she questioned, noticing some familiarity in the number. All of sudden a wave of realization flooded inside her head.

Name. Haeyeonnie.

The chart. Yang Haeyeon. Room 05.

Minji’s words. “Let’s just say our fate didn’t last long. People’s fate is different from each other. There’s fate like my ex-husband and I; short but meaningful and there’s fate that lasts till death apart.”

“Minji-ah, what’s Haeyeon’s surname? Isn’t it Song?”

“We changed it last year to my surname. Yang Haeyeon. Why did you ask, Chaewon-ah?” Minji asked over the line, sounding curious at the sudden question.

The elevator door opened, revealing three familiar figures in front of her.

Joo Won, Minji and Song Joongki.


Hi everyone! I haven't updated for like 3 months and half isn't it? I was thinking of updating during my internship but I was so tired that I went to sleep early everyday. By the way, have you watched Joongki's new drama?? HE WAS SO ATTRACTIVE SO SMOOTH SO EVERYTHING. THERE'RE SO MUCH FEELS IN THE DRAMA!! anyways, do comment please!!