13

[Series] Pediatrician Couple

Chaewon got out from the car, straightened her bright red dress. Joongki was standing beside her, all smiling while quietly eyeing his girlfriend. He was wearing a black tuxedo. 

“Stop staring at me,” Chaewon said shyly. 

“I can’t. You’re too beautiful,” Joongki said, not taking off his gaze on her. He grinned and held out his arm. 

“Let’s go.”

Chaewon’s lips curved a sweet smile as she took his arm and linked it with hers. 


“I thought we gonna have dinner with your mother when you said we’re meeting her,” Chaewon stated, surveying the whole hall. It was a quite large hall. The hall was filled with a large amount of people. All those people seemed to be coming from elite group. Joongki’s lips curved a smile.

“Supposed to, but my mother said that she can’t wait to see you. So she invited both of us to this event. She’s a busy person for your information,” he explained. Chaewon nodded, understand. 

“Just like my mother. She’s too, a busy person.”


“Wait here, I’ll get you drink.” Joongki gave her a quick smile before disappearing from her sight. 

“Chaewon unnie!” a voice exclaimed excitedly. Chaewon instantly turned to the owner of the voice.

“My cute little sister!” Chaewon brightly smiled, giving a warm hug. 

“Unnie!” Chaewon’s little sister pouted sourly. “I’m not a kid anymore. I’m a grown up ok.”

“But you’re still a little sister to me,” Chaewon teased, giggling at her little sister making her face even more sour. “Where’s omma?”

“Somewhere. Like usual, abandoning her daughter and talking to her friends. Unnie, what bring you here? You usually don’t like event like this.”

Chaewon grinned. “My boyfriend brought me here to see his mother...”

“Boyfriend?? Unnie! You didn’t tell me you got yourself a boyfriend!” Her little sister crossed her arms, looking a little disappointed.

“Sorry Shiwon-ah.” Chaewon smiled, doing aegyo to her only sister. “Forgive me huh? Besides, we just started dating.”

Shiwon cringed at the older’s aegyo. “Unnie better not show those aegyo to your boyfriend because it’s cringe-worthy.”

Chaewon narrowed her eyes, irritated. “When is your wedding? I heard he’s a handsome guy.” She wiggled her brows.

Shiwon silently let out a heavy sigh, biting her bottom lip. “It’s supposed to be this 15th October but- Unnie!” 

Shiwon quickly pulled the older. But the small accident still occurred. A random person just spilled a drink on Chaewon’s dress. 

“I’m sorry!” The person apologized and bowed. 

Chaewon gave him a reassuring smile. “It’s alright.” She turned to Shiwon after the person left. “Do you know where ladies’ room is?”


Chaewon was in the toilet when she heard this. Typical.

“Did you hear the news?” She heard some girls speaking.

“What news?”

“I heard. Mrs Song’s son cancelled the wedding and went after someone else.”

“Really? Wow.”

“Mrs Song must be really disappointed a lot. She has been bragging a lot about her future daughter-in-law.”

“Of course she bragged a lot about her. She’s a perfect daughter-in-law material. I bet the girl he likes can’t be as perfect as her.”

“Yeah. Mrs Song’s choice is the best. But well...”

Chaewon couldn’t help but feel a little hurt. They hadn’t even seen her but already giving such comments. After she made sure that the voices had gone, she settled herself and went out. Chaewon was lifelessly walking around in the hall. Despite having many people around her, she felt a slight lonely. She wondered why she came here. For a moment, she forgot that she went there with somebody. An arm hooked hers, waking her up from her deep thought. Joongki was looking at her with a bright smile. Somehow, Chaewon’s heart felt at ease seeing her boyfriend. 

“Let’s go and meet my mother.”


“There’s my mother.” Joongki pointed out as they walked closer to his mother. His mother was talking to some people. Chaewon breathed in deeply, feeling a little nervous. Joongki patted her shoulder, giving a reassuring smile signalling that she would be fine. Chaewon smiled at him, feeling a little better to his comfort.

“Omma,” Joongki tapped his mother’s shoulder politely. He gave a wide grin as soon as Mrs Song turned to him.

“Oh my sweetheart. When did you get here?” Mrs Song said, giving a warm hug to her handsome son.

“Earlier,” Joongki smiled. “Omma, I wanna introduce you to my girlfriend.”
Joongki pulled the nervous Chaewon closer to him.

“Hello, I’m Moon Chaewon,” Chaewon politely greeted Joongki’s mother as she was giving her a good first impression. Mrs Song greeted her back with a sweet smile. Chaewon didn’t expect it at all. She expected his mother to be all sour because she had crushed her dream to have someone else as her daughter-in-law. Maybe it wasn’t that bad after all. 

“Excuse us my dear. We’ll be going away for a moment,” Mrs Song said along with a smile. Chaewon replied with a sweet smile as she watched Joongki being pulled to somewhere by his mother. 

“Attention everyone,” a voice echoed through the whole hall. The hall went quiet instantly after that. “Mrs Song would like to say something.”

Chaewon’s eyes went up to the stage where Mrs Song and Joongki were standing. She expected Mrs Song to say some thankful speech and some announcements, maybe.

“Hello everyone. Thank you for coming tonight. I’m very grateful...”

Chaewon was right about the thankful speech part. But not until she listened to this one.

“As everyone knows, my son, Song Joongki, will be getting married with Miss Moon Shiwon on this 15th October. I hope everyone can give your blessing to them.”


New semester has started! And that's the reason for the late update T_T I'll get busier starting next year (yeah it's a few days more) and I don't think update will be often. Sorry in advanced. Anyway, thanks for everything^^