06

[Series] Pediatrician Couple

 

“Chaewon-ah.”

Chaewon looked up from her paperwork. “What is it, Hyemi?”

“Here, I’m giving this to you.” Hyemi passed her a white envelope. Chaewon’s brows furrowed.  “What is this?” she asked.

“Zorro musical tickets.” A soft sigh escaped from Hyemi’s mouth. “My boyfriend and I cannot go on the next weekend. He has work to do and I have to visit my parents. And the tickets cannot be refunded.”

“Hmm...” Chaewon nodded, understand.

“There are two tickets. You can go with a companion if you want,” Hyemi added, giving a sweet smile.

“Okay. Thanks Hyemi.” Chaewon smiled.

***

“Dr Moon?” 

Chaewon’s head perked up, eyes looking at the owner of the voice.

“Can’t you sit? I got dizzy looking at you walking back and forth. You have been doing so for 30 minutes.” Nurse Kim told. She was at reception desk.

Chaewon’s eyes slightly widened. “30 minutes? Wow. Hmm, tell Dr Song to find me at floor 1 if you happen to see him,” she said, curving a small smile as thanks sign.

Nurse Kim nodded and smiled. She turned around and walked to a group people who were sitting at a round table. “Aren’t they adorable?” she said excitedly.

“Yes they are!”

“She’s literally walking back and forth for 30 minutes just to wait for Dr Song.”

“I know right!” 

“There’s no other couple cuter than this couple.”

“I agree! But wait, are they official?”

“Unfortunately not yet. But Dr Jang is doing well in bringing them together.”

“She has given Dr Moon the tickets?”

“Yes. With a little trick, Dr Moon took the tickets without any suspicious.”

“Whoa, Dr Jang is the best!”

“Yes, I am the best,” Hyemi butted in, grinning widely. “Now, stop gossiping on the couple and go working. I don’t want them to know that we are talking about them.”

The others grinned and went back to work.

***

“Hi sweetie, are you looking for me?” Joongki grinned, leaning his back against the reception desk. Chaewon stopped from working on her paperwork, turning her head to Joongki, giving him a dead glare. 

“Don’t call me sweetie you brat.”

Joongki pouted, making a slight sad face. “Whyyyy...? It sounds cute.”

“Don’t make me slap that face of yours. Stop it. It’s embarrassing,” Chaewon said, looking to the right and left. 

“Aww, you actually care for me that you feel embarrassed because of me.” Joongki smiled, blinking cutely.

Chaewon rolled her eyes and sighed heavily. This guy’s mental is really something. Her gaze went back to her paperwork. “Are you busy?”

Joongki shook his head. “No, why?” 

“Let’s have lunch together?” Chaewon asked, without even looking up from her paper.

A brow raised. Definitely something happened if she asked me to have lunch together. “Hmm....sounds good. Sure.”

***

“Why are you staring at me like that? Eat your food, now!” Chaewon said sternly.

Joongki tapped his chin. “Hmm, something is not right. Do you have something to tell?” he narrowed his eyes, sharpening his gaze on her.

“What isn’t right? I was just asking you to have lunch with me.”

“Really? You have nothing to tell me, really? This is weird.” Joongki brought his face closer to Chaewon’s. Chaewon stunned due to his action. Biting her bottom lip awkwardly, a soft sigh escaped from . She was going to show him something.

“Fine if you say so.” Joongki got back to his position and started to eat his lunch. 

Omg this guy is really frustrating me. Gosh! Be patient Moon Chaewon. 

Chaewon put a white envelope on the tablet. Slowly, she pushed it toward Joongki. Joongki’s brow raised upon looking at the envelope. That was literally putting him on a halt from eating. He looked at her and shifted to the envelope. He took the white envelope and glanced at the content. 

“Musical tickets?” Joongki said, looking up at Chaewon. Chaewon nodded. 

“Do you wanna go with.....me?” she asked nervously. Literally.

“With me? Really? Are we gonna go on a date?” Joongki asked. He was excited, obviously. 

“Date? Yah! I didn’t say like that!” 

“Aww you little sweetie. That’s very sweet of you.”

“Don’t you ever think it’s a date. I just need a companion to go to the musical.”

“Ey....”

Chaewon gave him dead glare. “If you say it one more time, I’ll take back the tickets.”

“Aww you meanie. Fine. I’ll pick you up at 7. Okay, sweetie?” Joongki laughed, looking at how mad Chaewon was.

“Stop it or I’ll-”

“'I’ll crush so-called handsome face of yours',” Joongki mocked her. “Oh Chaewon-ssi, change your trademark will you? It’s boring.” He chuckled, getting up while ruffling Chaewon’s hair affectionately. “The way you show your love is so brutal but I like. See you around.” With that Joongki walked away.