12

[Series] Pediatrician Couple

Chaewon was chatting with Hyemi when a text came in. It read; From: Song Joongki

 

From: Song Joongki
Do you have time tonight?

 

From: Moon Chaewon
No. I’m on duty tonight :(

 

Chaewon stared weirdly at Hyemi who was laughing by herself after getting a text. A brow raised. 

“What is so funny about the text?” she asked, trying to peer on Hyemi’s phone screen.  

Hyemi exhaled, trying to stop herself from laughing. “Here.” She showed the text’s content to Chaewon. “Read,” she said, flashing a smile.

 

From: Song Joongki
Hyemi-ssi, can you please exchange your shift with Chaewon-ssi? I really need her tonight. Please please please!~ I’m gonna hunt you down if you don’t do so. 

 

“The text sounds.....”Chaewon’s voice trailed off, glancing at Hyemi.

“...like a threat,” Hyemi added confidently, bursting into laughter together with Chaewon. “What a childish text. Your boyfriend is so cute. You’re so lucky.”

“Snap that. Tonight’s shift, you gonna take?”

“I guess I have to, otherwise Joongki-ssi gonna hunt me down.” Hyemi laughed. “By the way, can you place all these charts at the receptionist? I’ve been holding since the meeting started until it ended. Thank you. See ya!” Hyemi said quickly, turning around and rushing to ladies room at high speed.

Chaewon laughed watching her best friend. Holding properly all the charts, she walked heading to receptionist desk. She put them on the desk in instant causing one of the chart fell on the floor. She bent down and picked it up. She read; Yang Haeyeon, Room 05. Curiosity was all over Chaewon as she remembered Joongki mentioned the name in his call. She was about to flip the pages when Nurse Kim asked whether she needed the chart or not. Smiling sweetly, Chaewon passed over Haeyeon’s chart to Nurse Kim. A text came into her phone afterward. 

 

From: Song Joongki
I’ll pick you up at 7. Dress nicely okay? See you tonight <3

 

“Dress nicely? Perhaps a dinner date?” Chaewon talked to herself, smiling at the thought.

 

“Hello Nurse Kim,” Joongki greeted with a bright smile. 

“Hello Dr Song. What bring you here? Isn’t today your off day?” Nurse Kim asked curiously.

Joongki flashed a sweet smile. “There’s something I need to settle. Can you please give me Haeyeon’s chart?” 

Joongki opened the room’s door to find Haeyeon was reading a book. He smiled widely as soon as she looked up from her book.

“Hi *Appa!” Haeyeon waved her hands happily, opening them wide to get a warm hug from Joongki. 

“Hi sweetie,” Joongki said, kissing Haeyeon’s forehead. He took a seat beside her bed. “How’s my baby girl doing today?”

“I’m doing fine. Appa, when will I get out from hospital? I don’t like its smell,” Haeyeon whined, pouting cutely. Joongki chuckled, ruffling Haeyeon’s hair affectionately. 

“Soon. Omma will be sad if Haeyeonie isn’t healthy.” 

Haeyeon innocently smiled. “When omma will be here?”

“Hmm.” Joongki took a glance of his watch. “In 10 minutes? Probably later than that because she said she’s trapped in traffic. Appa will be back. Banana yogurt smoothies?” Joongki raised his brows, waiting for Haeyeon to respond.

Haeyeon rapidly nodded in excitement. “Banana yogurt smoothies!”


Joongki went to hospital cafe after settling his work, approaching the counter. The cashier greeted him with a smile. 

“One banana yogurt smoothies please,” he said, holding out some money to make the payment. The cashier jotted down his order and took the money.

“Joongki-ssi?” 

“Yes?” Joongki turned around as he heard his name being called. He smiled as soon as he saw the person.

“Hello Chaewon-ssi,” he greeted her.

“Hi. Aren’t you supposed to rest at home?” Chaewon asked curiously.

“I should but I had something to settle.” Joongki gave her a bright smile. 

“Mister, your banana yogurt smoothies,” the cashier interrupted, pushing the drink toward Joongki. Taking the drink, he said thank you to the cashier.

“Yogurt? I thought you said you hate it,” Chaewon said. She tilted her head in confusion. Joongki laughed.

“It’s not mine,” he said.

“Then, whose drink?”

“There’s. I need to go. See you tonight.” Joongki playfully winked and blowed a kiss. Chaewon chuckled and waved him off.


“Where are we going?” Chaewon asked curiously as she settled herself in the car. 

“To meet my omma,” Joongki answered, flashing a bright smile. He sounded like joking around.

Chaewon laughed, thinking he was playing around. “Ehey, don’t play joke on me Joongki-ssi.”

Joongki put on a straight face, staring into her eyes. “I’m not though, Chaewon-ssi.”

Chaewon’s eyes widened, her jaw dropped in surprise. “Really? But we just started dating...”

Joongki smiled. “Does it matter? Let’s go but before that...” He leaned closer to her.

Dugun dugun. Chaewon’s heartbeat went faster. She bit her bottom lip nervously. As Joongki moved closer and closer, Chaewon closed her eyes tightly. She heard giggling afterward. Nothing happened? 

She opened her eyes to see Joongki was giggling at her. Apparently, Joongki was just helping her to buckle her seatbelt.

“What do you think I was going to do?” Joongki asked, still giggling.

Chaewon exhaled in annoyed, changing her gaze to the front. “He made me nervous for nothing,” she said under her breath.

“Chaewon-ssi, look at me,” Joongki said. Chaewon did as she was told. A brow raised, wondering why. 

“Sorry if I ruin your lipstick.” Joongki flashed a seductive smile, bringing his face closer to hers.

And you know what happened next.


Tell me if you don't understand the last sentence. XDD All comments are loved! Thank you!^^

Appa = Dad