Chapter 25 When everything clicks together

Li Luo Min’s Eomma

Shin Hye’s POV:

Shin Hye and Luo Min were home.  Luo Min was taking a nap while Shin Hye did laundry.  She was humming while thinking of her 3 week impromptu vacation.  She felt like she understood things better.  She was glad she had settled her emotions and fears by talking to Phillip.  He had taken the role of Min Ho a couple of times and said the things Oppa would probably say.  Phillip explained how the situation could arise about Hye Kho from a man’s perspective.  If she had not talked this through with Phillip she would not have had the courage to text Oppa.  Now all she needed to do was talk to Oppa face-to-face. 

She grabbed her cell phone and sent a text to Oppa.  “Oppa I am home now.  Why don’t you drop by?  I don’t want to take Luo Min back out today.  If today isn’t convenient then I will come to you tomorrow.  Love you very much Shin Hye”

She didn’t care anymore if she seemed too pushy.  She wanted to let him know that she loved him and trusted him.  She was willing to wait if necessary.  She wanted to hear his explanation of Hye Kho and she was really willing to listen.  There would be people who criticized her for going on the yacht trip with Phillip or who criticized her for being friends with Geun Suk or Hong Ki.  But how do other people feel when someone criticizes the way they deal with issues?  How do those people feel she wondered?  Do they even realize we are real people with real emotions and real problems?  Do they even think how heartbreaking it would be to be an ordinary looking girl like I am and have the attention of a man like Min Ho who is loved by so many?  I freaking go insane just thinking about it sometimes.  I am in a precarious position and I know it.  I have a son by Min Ho and there will be fans who never forgive me.  I will be accused of so many vile things I will want to run as far away from Oppa as possible and hide forever.  Those fans that only see the bad in me, who only believe the worse, who only think Oppa should stay single or worse only be with the woman they approve of scare me beyond reason.  Do I over-react? Hell yes.  Do I over-think everything?  Hell yes.  Do I make it more difficult by avoiding Oppa?  Hell yes.  Am I afraid of my feelings for Oppa?  Hell yes.  We are talking walking-- god- man Min Ho and people think I should be calm, cool and collected?  Screw you and the holier-than-thou attitude you are trying to make me accept.  Ha – yes I can think and say this – yes yes yes.  She leaned forward and looked at her eyes in the mirror.  She had been saying those things out loud facing the mirror.  She was beginning to have a small amount of success at facing her fears.  She was trying to go outside her fears and conflicts by saying out loud what she felt and thought.

So all she needed to do now was talk about her fears with Min Ho.  It would be hard but she didn’t want to lose him especially like this.  So she would brave her fears and listened to him first then tell him how she honestly felt.  She guessed her biggest problem was that she didn’t feel confident around Oppa.  But how could she when he was constantly surrounded by beautiful women and when his fans always criticized her? 

Min Ho was on the set, sitting in a corner studying the script.  He needed to finish learning the last page of lines and then he could catch a short nap if he were lucky.  His phone buzzed and he looked down to see a message from Shin Hye.  He wasn’t sure what he felt but relief was one emotion.  Perhaps she was willing to listen to his side of the story now and he was ready to listen to her side.  He had spent a good hour or more being chastised by his sister last night and he had no idea Shin Hye might have felt the way Yun Kyung explained.  He cringed remembering how angry his sister was last night.

Yun Kyung had followed him into his room and asked if he had spoken to Shin Hye.  He had responded with a curse and smart remark and she had let him have it.

Yun Kyung said, “Oppa have you talked to Shin Hye since your public display of affection for Hye Kho?”

Min Ho, “I did not give Hye Kho a public display of my affection.  I wish people would quit reading something into my actions when there is none.”

Yun Kyung, “Oppa any woman would feel intimidated by the mention of your name not to mention your reputation as a lady killer.  Just how did you think she would react when you yourself saw how you looked at Hye Kho?” 

Min Ho, “Well I didn’t go all angry scared and go on a yacht trip with a single gorgeous woman like she did a single handsome man.”

Yun Kyung, “Oppa grow up.  Do you even know how a woman can over analyze everything the man she loves says and does?  Do you have any idea how we critique ourselves over everything?  I can imagine how she felt.  She has been through so much just to keep Luo Min and then she is somewhere over seas while thinking you two are all cozy and on the same track when she sees the way you looked at your co-star.  How did you think she would react?  Did you think she would pretend she didn’t see or hear anything?  Did you think she is not capable of reacting to heartbreak? Why do men always assume everything revolves around them and only them?  Why do men always think we should just follow their lead and forget we have emotions, desires, wants and brains?

Min Ho, “Ouch.  What did I do to deserve all that?  I didn’t tell her to not be herself.  I want her to be what she wants to be. I swear I do, it’s just that I don’t want her to be around other men.  Ever.  She is too gorgeous and y and they see and feel what I do.  So if that is being too male then I am guilty.  Can’t she just stay at home and take care of Luo Min?”

Yun Kyung, “Of course she can forget she has any dreams outside you and home; of course Oppa.  It is easy to forget women can desire careers and have goals beyond the men they love.  And Oppa what the hell was and is so wrong with Shin Hye having male friends?  She never goes beyond that invisible line and everyone knows it.  Her guy friends will tell you that.  She is one tough minded determined lady except where you are concerned and then she runs and hides when you hurt her.  And if I were her I would get you where it hurts the most but I have a feeling she isn’t like that.  So Oppa you are stupid.  You better tell her how you feel and you better make her know that when you do stupid- male driven things it is not directed at her.  You want her and Luo Min?  Then Oppa act like it.  You are old enough to know better so stop letting your jealousy get the best of you.  Just make sure she knows you love her and the movie star and idol you are has nothing to do with her or you.  Because from where I stand, Oppa, if she ever stops loving you there are dozens willing to take your place; you know women get tired after a while of trying to convince the person they love that the love is real.  Just a few words of advice from a sister who loves you to a very idiot brother who doesn’t see what’s up because he is always looking at what’s down – think before you say what is on your mind Oppa – think about how the words you say will stay with her for a lifetime.”

So he had considered her words.  He was thinking now and it was driving him crazy.  Did he act like what he wanted was more important than what she wanted?  He wishes he was like Shin Hye and could talk to someone else.  But he always held everything close to the chest and refused to let others see what he was feeling.  He had become that way after he became a big name in the entertainment field.  You couldn’t trust people because there was always the chance someone would rat you out to the gossip journalists.  People liked to make headlines by repeating what you told them.  The worse was the news media that used any and all means to find out what was happening in your private life.  So he had become quite cynical.  He didn’t want to be but he was.  Had he been that way with Shin Hye even though they spent time together that could scorch earth?  He was in a dilemma because deep down he probably didn’t trust Shin Hye – not completely anyway.  It was just the way he was.  He didn’t want to be this way but how to change was another matter all together.  II Woo had fussed at him repeatedly over the years about his distrust of women but he had reason to be that way.  There were those times he found out someone he liked was using him to further their career.  And the times he found out they wanted to be connected to him because it upped their social scale and made other women jealous.  So he had a problem with trust.  But the more he delved into the way he thought about the issue the more he realized Shin Hye probably felt the same way toward men.  She had avoided a boyfriend too much.  She didn’t trust others because she either was afraid of antis or she didn’t want to be someone’s stepping stone to further their career.  The thing is she was always helping others further their careers so somewhere along the way she had been hurt and didn’t tell about it.  He sighed and wished the whole problem would just solve itself.  But then he thought perhaps I should talk to the one person who is most connected to me – the one person I really want things to work out with no matter how hard the road there becomes.

Min Ho picked his phone up and texted: “I will come by after work if that is ok and not too late.  Love Oppa.”

Seconds later he got a text in response: “Thank you Oppa.  It is never too late.”

Min Ho rang the bell while glancing around nervously.  He didn’t care if Ying Ye had given the house and grounds to Shin Hye he still felt like he was intruding on another man’s territory.  He also feared paparazzi.  They were everywhere and you couldn’t trust anyone. 

Shin Hye opened the door and told him to come in.  He walked into her living area and stood looking at her.  She was an absolute knock-out.  He wanted to walk over, pull her into his arms and carry her off to bed.  That is the effect she always has on him.  It made it hard to be rational with her because she simply had his heart and soul tied up with hers whether she knew it or not. 

She sighed because she saw the stubborn look on his face.  “Oppa please have a seat.  Would you like something to drink or have you eaten dinner?  Would you like to eat with Luo Min and me?  I have almost finished cooking and Luo Min would love it.”

Min Ho, “OK.”

“Oppa, are you still mad?  Are you going to be this way now?  But why?”

“Shin Hye – yes I am going to be this way.  Every time I am around you I get hit square in the heart and I can’t think beyond the fact that I don’t want anyone else to look at you or touch you.  I especially don’t want you being twirled around by them or going on vacations with them.  And more than any of those, I don’t want you to ever wear a bikini in public again.  I know I am being school boyish but I just can’t help it.   So sue me or something but I can’t help it.  And yes I will stay and eat dinner.  I would enjoy eating with Luo Min.  You are another matter altogether and I just don’t know how to deal with you.  I just don’t.”

Shin Hye started to speak but he interrupted, “And for your information I was not thinking of Song Hye Kho when I looked at her.  I had just watched a steamy y woman dancing in front of a group of men who looked like they wanted to do to her what I always want to do to her so I didn’t see her because I was thinking of you.  Kill me if you want because you will be the death of me anyway.”  And so he sat all stubbed up and stared at her like he was 5 years-old instead of a 33 year-old man. 

Shin Hye got up and walked over to him.  She knelt down in front of him and took his hands.  She said, “Oppa, I have only 4 men in my life - my Appa, my Shin Won Oppa, my Min Ho Oppa and my son, Luo Min.  I have only loved with a woman’s passion one man in my life and that is you Min Ho Oppa.  I cannot change all the things that have happened to us in the past.  I cannot take back bad decisions or wrong decisions.  But Oppa, I can move forward if you will move forward with me.  I do not wish to love if the man I am with is not you.  I want you with me always.  I want you in my everyday life and I want you in my bed.  I love you Oppa.  I love you now and forever.  I believe you about Hye Kho.  It was just such a shock because you see Oppa I am not sure of your feelings for me.  I have never been really sure.  You are very hard to read and you always play everything secretively.  So I am not sure of you – Oppa, after all I am just an ordinary looking girl who happened to be lucky enough to make a career of being the girl-next-door while you Oppa are the dream of millions.  They won’t like me because they won’t think I am pretty enough or good enough so it has played hell with my thoughts.  Oppa, I went on the yacht trip with Phillip because he is the one friend who will not repeat even by accident anything I say to him and Oppa even if you don’t want it or ask me not to, I will continue to be friends with Phillip, Geun Suk, Hongstar and yes Oppa, Yong Hwa.  And Oppa I will try my best not to be too jealous when you talk to your friends who are girls.  You have them Oppa and I am jealous but I will understand that if you tell me you are mine and you love me then nothing and no one can interfere.  I trust you Oppa.  I want you in my life.  The thought of life without you is so bleak I cannot bear it.  So Oppa can we say we are sorry for misunderstanding and go back to loving each other?”

Min Ho had never heard her say so much especially about him and being unsure of his feelings.  He remembered his sister’s words and vowed he would let Shin Hye know once and for all how he felt.

“Shin Hye my love, I am sorry for being the selfish man I am but when I look at the gorgeous and y woman you are I don’t see this girl-next-door person you talk about.  I don’t care if my fans don’t think you are good enough.  How would people who have never met me or talked to me know what is in my heart?  If they are real fans, true fans, they will be happy that I am happy.  They will not hate or hurt you because that means they don’t know me at all. 

So my gorgeous woman can you forgive me for the things I have done in the past?  Can you teach me to trust my feelings and not let jealousy and insecurity rule my heart?  Because my love I want nothing more than to spend the rest of my life loving you and Luo Min.  So will you take a chance on me?”

He pulled her up from her kneeling position and onto his lap.  He put his arms around her and held her close to his heart.  He could feel the beat of her heart and he felt comfort.  She was necessary for him to breathe.  He realized that no matter what, he needed her in his life.  He put his finger under her chin and turned her face toward him.  He leaned down and put a soft smooth kiss on her lips.  He was deepening the kiss when he felt someone put their arms around his neck from the back and pull up.  Luo Min fell onto his Eomma’s lap and looking at Min Ho said, “Appa, again with that stuff, Appa no.”  And hid his face behind his hands like he had witnessed something no child wants to see – parents acting like people.  Min Ho laughed and all was right with their world again.