Chapter 20 Ying Ye Oppa why?

Li Luo Min’s Eomma

Shin Hye was home when Ying Oppa returned.  He stood in the entry and looked at Shin Hye.  She saw the look of utter despair on his face.  He walked toward her, stopped and said, “Shin Hye, come to my office.  This is important.”

“I don’t want you to say anything just sit down and listen.  I talked to my parents.  I told them I was moving with Zhi Qiang to Berkley.  They are, to say the least, unhappy.  I told them after long deliberation and many failed attempts I could no longer deny my ual orientation.  I think my Appa may take me off the family register.  Eomma wants to know what you have to say.  I told her you are not aware of the situation yet.  They do not know about Luo Min.  In order to protect him I will never tell anything about him.  As far as the world is concerned he is my son.” 

“Shin Hye I am not doing this to help you and Min Ho.  I could care less about Min Ho.  I am doing this so I can live the life I want with Zhi freely and openly.  In California, I will not be judged by the same ual orientation standards that are prevalent here in Korea.  I need to be free of this in order to live as I wish.  Can you forgive me for putting you in this situation?  Should you decide to make a life with Min Ho you will have to wait for at least a year otherwise you will be judged too harshly.  I am going to take the full blame for something I am about to do.  I am going to file divorce papers Shin Hye.  I can marry Zhi in America and not suffer the consequences I would here in Korea.  I want to wait and see how things go before I agree to anything further with Luo Min.  I know this is hard for you but be prepared for my parents to question you.  Do not attempt to take blame or to explain.  Please let me tell them what I want them to know.  I do not want you or Luo Min dragged into this mess.  My father is a powerful man Shin Hye.  In order to protect Luo Min we must keep him friendly toward you.  The only way to do this is to let him continue to think Luo Min is my son.  Eventually we can allow Min Ho to adopt him.  It would only be natural for him to want to adopt the son of the woman he is married to – that is if you two get married.  When you make an application I will sign with no fanfare or as little as possible until everything blows over.  Please Shin Hye for my sake do not tell my parents what our agreement was or that Luo Min is Min Ho’s son.  Not just my sake but for Luo Min’s sake also.  Can you do this Shin Hye?”

Shin Hye was stunned.  What could she say?  What could she do?  Ying Oppa had to do what he thought was the right thing for Zhi Oppa and himself.  But Min Ho would never be able to say ‘this is my son’?  It will be too cruel to Oppa.  What do I do?  How to solve this?  She wanted to talk to Oppa but she feared to do so.  He would not be happy.  Perhaps she should not say anything until she knew more, until Ying Oppa actually filed papers. 

Although Min Ho Oppa wanted her and Luo Min to spend the night she couldn’t under the circumstances.  She would have to be more than careful now that Ying Oppa was considering coming out about his ual orientation.  If he did that everything might be exposed.  She needed to be extra careful.  But how could she refuse to see Oppa without telling him why?  And if she refused to see him it would just cause more problems for them.  They had enough issues to last a lifetime especially now that they were starting to deal with their problems.  She needed to sleep on this problem.  Perhaps it would look different in the daylight tomorrow. 

When Min Ho Oppa called that night she did not say anything to him.  She would wait.  Ying Oppa told her that he would have his lawyer draw up the divorce papers the next day so she would know soon.  But she wanted to tell Oppa something positive because he had 3 days left before he had to report back to base.

Min Ho was flustered and hurried.  His agency had too many things for him to accomplish for the short amount of time he had left before he had to return to base.  He wanted to spend the last 3 nights he had with Shin Hye and Luo Min but didn’t think it would work out that way.  He had a party to attend.  It was for a new commercial shoot scheduled the next day.  The party would commence right after the shoot.  He wasn’t sure who else would be in the shoot but his agency told him quite a few from other agencies.  It would be one of those combination commercial videos and photo shoots large companies like to do.  They would use many different stars and idols in hopes of catching different demographics.  He didn’t care as long as he could complete the shoot in time to try to convince Shin Hye to stay with him. 

He talked to Shin Hye before he went to sleep.  She sounded guarded.  He was worried about that but she had a lot on her plate.  The Li clan was difficult from what he gathered although Shin Hye never said anything bad about them.  He gathered the father was the difficult one.  Shin Hye seemed to want them to be on friendly terms and not hold any grudges against her.  So he could do nothing but try to help her by not making it difficult for her.

The next day was hectic.  He arrived at the sound stage where the commercial video would be filmed.  There were a multitude of famous stars and idols present.  He didn’t like to film with past female co-stars because the fandom of those stars made his life difficult.  How could they assume he was in love or a relationship with someone if there were no pictures of him?  If he didn’t say he was in a relationship?  If there was no interaction between him and the woman how could fans assume he was with that woman?  Course his relationship with Shin Hye was different.  As soon as they were able to acknowledge each other he would claim her.  He didn’t like the fact she was around lots of single men.  The fact she was married would not faze most of those men if they knew Li Ying Ye was gay, especially if they knew she was married in name only.  The fact she had a son would not bother them because they would assume that is why she married Ying Ye – to have a child and didn’t know he was gay.  She was Park Shin Hye after all and she had always been one of the most sought after women in Korea and for that matter, Asia.

Several stars stopped to say hello.  Several female idols gravitated toward his chair and lingered.  He was ignoring them in hopes they would move away.  He heard a few murmurs and one of the male idols was grinning and moved toward the entry.  He heard, “Shin Hye!  What are you doing here?  Don’t tell me you are in the commercial video also?  I hope so. I hope I am the partner they picked for you.”

Min Ho was thinking she didn’t tell me she was in this commercial shoot.  Did she mean to keep it a secret? 

Shin Hye was replying to one of the EXO band members, “Ah you know I would love to have you as my partner.  I don’t know who is because this was a last minute request by the company.  The star originally signed was delayed in China and could not make it so I am the substitute.  I hope you won’t mind.”

And with those words more than a dozen men moved toward her and she was the center of attention.  Damn he thought.  All I need is Geun Suk to show up. And no more than he thought Geun Suk – well - he thought one should never tempt the devil Min Ho.

“Hello! Shin Hye, my pet!” Min Ho heard Geun Suk say.  “I am happy the company chose you.  They asked me who I wanted to work with since the actress scheduled could not make it and you know who my favorite partner is, right?”  Geun Suk made his way over to her and hugged her.  “Ah I see our little man is not here today so I can talk and touch his Eomma without interference!”

Min Ho turned his back to them.  Touch with no interference?  What the hell?  This was going to be a long – very long day and it hadn’t even started yet. 

The day went by more swiftly than he thought it would.  Shin Hye was not in the area he was in and her part of the video would be patched to the remaining parts.  Geun Suk and Shin Hye were favorites of most of Korea since their YAB days and were partnered as much as possible.  He was not thrilled about it.  But after listening to her tinkling laughter every time Geun Suk said something he was more than happy for filming to be completed. 

He heard Geun Suk or ‘Sukkie’ as she called him ask her if she were coming to the after party.  Min Ho was interested in her answer.  She told Geun Suk she had a child at home that needed her attention.  Min Ho was thinking ‘that’s right you do’.  “But,” he heard her say, “I will come for a half-hour and then leave just so the sponsors know I am grateful.”

Min Ho was leaving but he made sure to walk by her on the way out.  He leaned toward her as he passed and said, “Aisshhhh, you should go straight home.  You know Luo Min would be jealous if he knew where you were going.  Should I tell him?”

“Oppa, don’t you dare be that mean.”  Shin Hye said it a lot louder than she intended.  She instantly apologized and gave Min Ho a look to kill.  Geun Suk, of course being the lovable rascal he is noted all this interaction.  He walked over to Shin Hye and put his arm around her and said, “Come with Oppa my pet.  I will make sure you are safe from all the men at the party except me, of course.”  With that he pulled her out of the sound stage and toward the after party venue. 

At the party she noticed a sulky Min Ho.  She had already smacked Sukkie’s arm several times for saying things to irritate Min Ho Oppa.  He told her, “But I am a sore loser also.  This is my pay-back to your Oppa.  Allow me this pleasure my pet.”  She shook her head at the foolishness of grown men.  She went off to speak to some of her female friends and catch up with their news.

True to her words, she left a little more than thirty minutes later.  She said goodbye to the other members and promised to see them soon.  She ignored Min Ho Oppa. She would talk to him later.

When she arrived home she saw the Li parent’s car.  Dreading the possibility of a scene she tried to let herself in without anyone hearing her.  She would not have luck in that endeavor.  As soon as she entered the house Father Li demanded she make an appearance in the office.  She went to check on Luo Min and found Mother Li with him.  Mother Li had been crying and she looked with sorrow toward Shin Hye.  “Shin Hye I am sorry toward you.  I have failed as a mother to Ying Ye.  I am forever ashamed in your sight.”  She continued to cry while Luo Min slept the sleep of babies.

She hurried back to the office and as she entered Father Li was saying she must make Ying Ye change his mind.  Ying Ye said, “Appa, Shin Hye is still in the dark.  I have not informed her of this turn of events.  Allow me to tell my own wife please.  Shin Hye, my most perfect wife, I am sorry to tell you this in such a manner but I am requesting a separation and divorce from you.  You have done nothing wrong but I cannot live with a woman. I do not feel anything for you other than the love of a companion and the love of a brother.  Luo Min was an accident I did not foresee so you must forgive me.  I will make sure he is well provided for but I wish you to release me from the vows I gave you.  Please allow me to live the life I wish with Zhi Qiang.  Please Shin Hye, let me go.  I wish for you to find someone else, someone who can give you the love you need and desire.  It shall not be me.  And my dear wife I must tell you I am leaving tonight.  I have legally taken care of everything.  My lawyer will contact you tomorrow.  Should you need me my phone number will stay the same.  Please, unless it concerns Luo Min, do not contact me.  Goodbye my Shin Hye.”

He turned to his father bowing as he said, “Appa, my regards.”  And Ying Ye Oppa walked out of her life and out of Luo Min’s life.