Chapter 18 Spend the night

Li Luo Min’s Eomma

Shin Hye was exhausted.  Mental confusion was the worse for her.  She was trying to think about Ying Ye and what was going on with him and then his parents called.  They were definitely upset.  Shin Hye was putting Luo Min to bed when she managed to finally make it to Ying Oppa’s office.  His father was shouting at him.  His mother was crying.

Oh my have they figured it out?  Do they know about our agreement?  Do they know about Min Ho Oppa? 

Shin Hye’s thoughts were swirling around and she was scared.  She noticed she was staying too nervous and anxious lately.  This was not good for her health.

Father Li was saying, “My associate in California told me you are thinking of accepting a position at the University of California at the Berkley campus?  Is this true?”

Ying Ye said, “Yes.”

Father Li, “Why?  Can’t you stay here or in China and do the same?  Can’t you be happy here?”

Ying Ye, “Appa, there is so much more to it than simply can I be happy.  I am considering this and if I decide to go then it will have nothing to do with your company or even Shin Hye and Luo Min.  There are many reasons I find Cal Berkley a desirable position.  I will not elaborate now but should I decide to go I will discuss it with you.  Shin Hye and Luo Min will not be going with me should I decide on this course of action.  I will not discuss that part with you at all.  This is the best answer I can give you under the circumstances.  I am sorry Appa, Eomma.”

His mother and father were stunned.  They looked from Shin Hye to Ying Ye.  There was a look on his Eomma’s face that Shin Hye wondered about.  Why does she look frantic?

Father Li turned to Shin Hye and said, “Don’t you have an opinion?  Will you allow your husband to desert you? Do you have no pride as a wife and mother?  Why are you allowing him to say you will not join him?”

Shin Hye looked at Father Li saying, “Ying Ye Oppa is a smart man.  He knows what he wants to do and where he wants to take his training and career.  I will not interfere but should he stay here in Korea, Luo Min and I will be here for him.  I can say nothing else because it is not my decision to make.  It is Ying Oppa’s decision and as a wife and mother I support whatever he decides to do.  I will say goodnight to you Father and Mother Li.  I must take care of Luo Min.   Goodnight.”

Shin Hye left his office because she did not want to be in the discussion.   This was something Ying Oppa had to decide himself.  If he asked her opinion she would tell him but it was too risky to talk to his parents while they were upset.

Shin Hye was ready for bed when her phone rang.  It was her Eomma.  “Shin Hye, Appa and I will be going to Uncle Pashie and Aunt Meong’s tomorrow.   We will spend the night and wondered if you would allow us to take Luo Min with us.  It would be nice to show him off and he is such a good boy anyway that he will not be a problem.”

“Eomma what time would you be leaving?  I will check with Ying Oppa and let you know.”

“Shin Hye we would leave at 11:00 am and come back on the 2 pm train the following day.  Uncle Pashie already checked to verify the schedules.  Please let me know.  Shin Hye while Luo Min is away spend some time with your husband.  I think he is unhappy.   Call me back as soon as you decide.”

Shin Hye climbed out of bed and went to Ying Oppa’s office.  He was not in his office.  She stood outside his bedroom door and knocked.  He told her to come in.  She told him what her Eomma had asked and she asked his opinion.  He told her it sounded like a good way for Luo Min to learn more of her family.  He told her he would not be at home while Luo Min was gone.  He told her he would be leaving on the 5 am flight to Cal Berkley and would be back in 3 days.  He told her to behave and to not be around Min Ho or it would be discovered. 

Shin Hye sighed and wished for a permanent solution; one that allowed everything to go back to normal.  She wished for the millionth time that she could turn time backward.  Back in her room she called her Eomma.  She told her it would not be a problem since Ying Oppa would be gone on a business trip for the next 3 days.  Shin Hye told her she would miss her Luo Min if he wasn’t with her but she would use the time for meetings with her agency.  She told her Eomma that she would drop him off at the house the next morning.   

Shin Hye waved bye to Luo Min who had kissed her and petted her face before his grandparents left.   He was such a solemn little guy.  She would be lonesome without him.  She decided to meet with her agency and discuss the possibility of returning to work.  They were happy that she wanted to return and told her Manager Jun would contact her in 2 days time with a schedule for her approval.  She had emphasized during the meeting that she would need to be mindful of Luo Min’s schedule when returning to work.  Happy with the agency’s response she stopped at FNC Entertainment to talk to Hong Ki.  He was happy to see her and was prattling on about schedules and dramas.  He suddenly stopped and told her, “Shinnie, come with me right now.  Don’t stop and don’t look over your shoulder.  Let’s go.”  He shoved her down the hall and into a room. 

“What on earth was that about?”  Shin Hye asked.

“I saw Min Ho and he was walking toward you.  He hadn’t seen you yet so I was saving you.”  Shin Hye had no idea what to say or do.  She was stuck in an embarrassing situation. 

“Thank you Hongstar but he would not bother me.  I really am not worried about him.”  Shin Hye replied.

“What?  Has he contacted you since he got out?  Did he?  You have to stay away from him because it is just too dangerous.  Did he?”  Hong Ki asked.  Shin Hye nodded yes.  “Aisshhhh this is bad, really bad.”  Said Hong Ki.

Shin Hye waited for another 30 minutes like Hongstar wanted her to.  She slipped out of the room and made her way to the elevator.  On the ground floor she went to the parking structure and was prepared to leave when her phone beeped.  It was from Min Ho.  She was hesitant to answer and wasn’t sure how to answer without sounding ridiculous. 

Min Ho was calm as he told her he had seen her quick dash with Hong Ki to an empty room.  He wanted to know if she was aware it seemed like she was avoiding him.

“Yes Oppa.  I was avoiding you.” 

“Why?  There has to be a reason you would avoid me?  Did I do something wrong?  Did I say something wrong?  And where is Luo Min?  He is always with you so where is he?”

Shin Hye mindful that she might be overheard was trying to rush their conversation.  “I don’t think I should talk out in the open like this.  Someone might overhear me.  I am going home now and will call you when I get home.  Bye Oppa.”

She did as she promised when she got home.  Zhi Oppa was more than likely with Ying Oppa.  He would not miss the opportunity to go on a trip with Ying Oppa especially to California.  She called Min Ho. 

“Oppa, do you wish to still talk?  I am home and can talk now without anyone overhearing.  I will answer your questions now.  To your first question:  I was only avoiding you because I was afraid someone would overhear me.  Second, I did not know you were in the FNC building until after Hongstar had dragged me into a room.  He knows about you and Luo Min, remember?  I did not think you did anything wrong or said anything wrong.  I am sorry I gave you that impression.  Please forgive me.  Luo Min has gone on an overnight trip with Eomma and Appa.  He will return tomorrow afternoon.  He was excited yet strangely quiet about the trip.  Have I answered all your questions?”

Min Ho, “Where is Li?”

Shin Hye, “He left on a trip to California this morning.  He won’t be back for 3 days.  Anything else?”

Min Ho was quiet for a few moments and Shin Hye thought she had lost the connection.  “Hello?  Are you there Oppa?”

Min Ho replied, “Shin Hye?  Spend the night with me.  Please, this is a chance for us to talk and spend time together.  Don’t answer if you need to think about it.  But I want to see you and talk to you.  I don’t have much time left before I have to report back for duty.  Shin Hye?”

She was torn between wanting to and not wanting to; she well knew that if she agreed it meant she was agreeing to more than just talking.  She wanted to so badly.  Luo Min was safe with her mother and Ying Oppa was with his love so what was she doing sitting her like she was waiting for something?  Wasn’t Oppa the who she wanted?  Didn’t she want to spend time with him?  Didn’t she want him to make love to her?  Didn’t she?

“Oppa?  I will be there at 9 pm tonight.  I cannot come before that.  Do you still want me to come?”

“Shin Hye, I will be waiting for you.  I don’t care what time just come here and be with me.”  He was about to hang up and then said, “Shin Hye, I love you.”

She sat and stared at her phone.  She was about to take a step she had swore she would not do.  After Oppa had turned her away and she had become Ying Oppa’s wife she thought she could put Oppa away and love him as a memory.  After seeing him again and having felt the emotions he made her feel the night she almost gave in to him – well she knew she would never be over him.  He was her one and only love.  She would go and spend the night.  She would worry about everything else later after Oppa had returned to base. 

The hours flew by and it was 8:30 pm.  She had talked to Luo Min and her parents already.  She had told Luo Min good night and told him how much she missed him.  She felt as if something was missing anytime Luo Min was not by her side.  She pulled into Min Ho Oppa’s garage.  It was almost 9 pm.  She made her way to the door and rang the bell.  As soon as she rang it opened.  Min Ho Oppa was waiting for her and pulled her into the room and into his arms.  He literally swept her up and off her feet. 

He murmured hello as his lips were against hers.  He was telling her how much he missed her.  He pulled her further into the room and their bodies literally crashed against each other.  He looked at her with such longing and such passion that she could feel the heat from his body.  She felt as if she was melting – her body was like a singing high voltage wire and he was playing her with an expert hand.  He pulled her closer and she went willingly.  If they were dancers on a floor they would be doing a rumba – sensual, earthy, exciting and y.  Everything about the two together was y.  They were a sensual y dance when they were together.  They played each other’s senses as if they were musical instruments.  She went willingly with his emotions and he gave his all to her.  They made a crazy hectic heat filled path to his room.  He stripped her clothes off with an expert hand – slowly and sensually.  She helped him remove his with a boldness she did not often feel.  There was just something about being with him that released her inhibitions and made her feel more of everything – as if she were light and air.   They tumbled onto his bed and he ran his hands over her body slowly.  She could feel all the feelings she had ever had for him and more.  What she felt now was more developed and more mature.  She wanted him with a passion she didn’t know she possessed.  He was slowly kissing her and she was responding.  Their passion was slowly rising and they began a dance that was as old as humankind itself.  Time was immortal and they had no idea when they ended up with their arms and legs tangled around each other.  They were tired and sated.  Min Ho was cradling her tenderly in his arms and raining small sweet kisses on her.   She was smiling and happy.  It had been so long since she felt this well and this satisfied with life.  There was so many things wrong in life for them but they would take what little they could get and make do for now.  They fell asleep tangled up together.  For the first time in 2 years Min Ho didn’t toss and turn; for the first time in 2 years he felt complete as he held his love close to his heart.