Chapter 19 Secrets can be hell

Li Luo Min’s Eomma

The next morning dawned crisp and cold.  Min Ho snuggled up to Shin Hye and luxuriated in the feel of waking next to her and feeling her delicious body so close to his.  It had been too long and too much had happened since the last time he remembered feeling this way.

She stretched and yawned.  She sat up oblivious to her ness because her routine was to wake and check on Luo Min.  She looked down at her body and then quickly to the side where she met those eyes that could send her over the edge just by gazing at her.  She burned a slow blush.  Min Ho reached up and pulled her down next to him. 

“Luo Min is with your Eomma.  Don’t be in a rush.  Spend this time with me.  Think only of us now my love.  Love me Shin Hye.”

And she did.  They spent two glorious sensually satisfying hours together.  They dozed and woke.  They took a shower together which led to another hour of heat driven activity.  They were simply enjoying each other and each other’s company.  The was great but the emotional togetherness was what made this time so precious. 

It was going on 1 pm by the time they had gotten up and eaten.  Shin Hye needed to be at her parent’s house in an hour so she needed to leave.  They lingered for a few more minutes.  She simply did not want to leave him.

“Come tonight.  Bring Luo Min and come back.  Stay with me and let me be with you and my son.  Give me this before I leave.  I have some errands to run but will be back here by 6 pm.  Please come back and bring Luo Min.  I love you!”  Min Ho said as he released his hold on her and allowed her to leave.

He had a meeting at his agency and needed to put some plans in motion.  He also needed to meet up with II Woo.  He had promised to meet him since II Woo would be entering the service in a month.  They had always planned to go together but contractual obligations delayed II Woo’s until a year after Min Ho.  So they were getting together around 3 pm and would hang out for a couple of hours.  No way was he going to be late getting back home.  Shin Hye and Luo Min would be there and he would not miss it for anything.

He walked into the small pub that II Woo and he frequented when they wanted to hang out.  It had private rooms and was fashioned after a British pub.  They often ate burgers and fries or fish and chips.  It depended on their mood.  Today Min Ho was in such a mellow mood.  II Woo was immediately suspicious.  “Spill.  Now.  I know you are not naturally this easy.  What is up with this over the top good mood?  Or should I say who has caused this mood?  Would it be one of the idols that have been chasing you?  Nah.  Don’t think you would go that route.  You are more of a family man.  NO WAY!  Look at me – no way!  Is it possible?  How did you convince her to come back to you?  Have you seen him? Does he really look like you?  Shin Hye actually came back to you?  Wow.  I am flabbergasted.  I have no words.  I really don’t know what to say.  Wow!”

“For someone with so few words and so speechless you sure have a lot to say,” said Min Ho.  “Yes, she came back.  It is not easy and it will be messy if we aren’t careful.  I am trying hard to make it easy on her.  She has suffered enough because of me – but II Woo – I love her beyond anything I ever thought possible.  And Luo Min – the kid is something else.  He is me.  He acts like me and he thinks like me.  He looks so much like me it is scary.  In a few years time anyone looking at him will know who his father is.  It is just a puzzle we have to work through.  I know one thing; I am not living without them.  I want them in my life.  But I don’t want to wait.  This is painful – really painful.”

II Woo was happy that Shin Hye and Min Ho had reconnected.  If two people were made for each other it was those two.  As stubborn as both of them were he was worried they would stay apart forever – suffering silently.  After he saw the pictures of Luo Min a year ago he was startled at how much the boy looked like his dad.  The phrase ‘two peas in a pod’ must have been spoken for a father and son like these two.  He was happy for him but he was worried for him.  It would be a hard road for them to be together. 

They chatted of careers and serving their country.  Min Ho told some funny service jokes and II Woo was impressed that his friend had managed to fit in so well.  But he had always been able to fit in – his worse problem was his popularity.  He was always swamped with fans and paparazzi before he had a chance to act like a normal guy.  His was a busy life.  He did not want to think of how Min Ho’s hard-core fans would feel about Shin Hye if and when the news came out she was with Min Ho.  If it leaked she had his baby while married to another man – well her life would become a walking living hell. 

At 6 pm he was home.  He called Shin Hye and she told him she would be there at 7 pm.  She asked if he had eaten and he told her earlier in the day but not dinner.  She told him she was bringing dinner so not to cook or to order out.  He liked that thought; dinner with Luo Min and Shin Hye.  He wanted this fantasy to last as long as possible. 

Shin Hye rang the bell.  Min Ho opened it to a Shin Hye loaded down with bags, even Luo Min carried bags.  Min Ho laughed and took the bags from Shin Hye.  He told her to lead the way to the kitchen; he and Luo Min would follow.  The next 2 hours were filled with their laughter.  Luo Min was a bright kid and seemed to be well-mannered.  He obeyed his Eomma and listened to Min Ho even if he didn’t quite get his Appa’s ‘my turn to sit next to Eomma’ talk.  By 9 pm Luo Min was ready for bed.  Min Ho helped him brush his teeth and wash his face.  He helped him change into his pajamas and tucked him into bed.  Luo Min was having none of his Appa reading to him.  He wanted his Eomma to read to him. He wanted his Eomma to hug and kiss him.  Min Ho stood in the doorway and watched Shin Hye read to Luo Min.  The little guy held one of Shin Hye’s hands while she read.  She hugged and kissed him telling him good night.  He was so sleepy he could barely keep his eyes open.  He looked at Min Ho and said, “Appa.  Kiss.  Hug.”  Min Ho was happy.  Then Luo Min said, “Mine Eomma.  Appa no.”  And closed his eyes and went to sleep.

“Damn,” thought Min Ho.  Somehow he needed to come up with a way to get Luo Min to share his Eomma.  This would require some real thought because the boy was just too possessive – just like his Appa.  Min Ho smiled as he thought of how similar they were.

Shin Hye was in the kitchen loading the dishwasher and cleaning up the mess from earlier.  She was hanging the dish drying towel up when she felt his arms go round her. “I missed you today.  I could get use to this sort of happy family life.  Come with me.”

Min Ho led her to his room.  He told her to go and take a bath.  He would listen for Luo Min but she should take advantage of a relaxing bath.  He knew she probably had little time for herself with Luo Min so he wanted to give her the space to breathe if he could.  She was grateful for the offer and took him up on it.  She spent 30 minutes soaking in a scented tub of almost too hot water.  It felt good to relax and not worry about who might figure something out and blow the whistle on her secret.  Secrets were hard to bear and even harder to conceal.  Someone always figures it out. 

Shin Hye walked out of the bath all pink and y with her freshly washed down in her face hair.  He wanted the picture to stay in his mind forever.  There were so many poses and motions she did that he didn’t want to miss any of them.  She was so versatile.  One day she is a cute little housewife, the next moment she is a brazen bossy take-no-prisoners hands-off mom and the next (his favorite) she was the y most voluptuous woman in the world.  What he wanted was all of these rolled up into one and he would be more that happy – he would be content. 

She was a kitten at the moment.  She wasn’t aware of it but she fit the bill.  She came out of the bathroom wrapped in her fuzzy white robe.  She had brought her own and Min Ho had convinced her to leave it there. She was under her robe and wanted to change into her gown.  But Min Ho had another idea.  How about she removed her robe and slept as she was in his bed?  It made perfect sense for her to spend the night in his bed again.  He would beg if she didn’t suggest it.  She was sitting on a small bench in front of the dressing table.  She was putting cleansing lotion on her face and then moisturizer. When she finished putting moisturizer on she moved so Min Ho could sit down beside her.  She asked him to hand her the clothes she had laid on the bed. 

Oh no! This won’t do, Min Ho thought.  Ajumma clothes – comfort clothing - nothing y at all.  Nope got to move fast or I will be shot down before I begin. 

Min Ho walked over as if he were picking up the clothes.  He came to within reaching distance but dropped them on the edge of the bench.  He leaned into her and putting his hands on each side of her head, gently cupped her face.  He tilted her head slightly to the side and brought his lips closer.  He then looked at her luscious lips and brought his lips down onto hers in a light teasing kiss.  He moved his lips carefully and sensually so she would feel it in her soul.  The kiss became more demanding as he slipped his hands inside her robe; his arms followed and went around her waist hugging her. His hug was so feather light she wasn’t sure she felt it. 

Her heart reeled with the sensations this man could bring to her.  Her mind totally blanked out.  She could never think when he touched her.  Her heart took over and she just wanted.  She wanted his touch and what it made her feel.  She wanted his heart too.  She wanted to give him her heart in return.  She knew she wanted this and she didn’t want to worry or feel wrong about her feelings.  She needed this.  She looked up into his dark smoldering eyes.  She could read the want and desire there.  But she could read more in those deep soulful eyes.  She read the love and care.  She loved this man beyond reason and would do anything she could for him.  At this moment in time all she needed or wanted was Min Ho.  She needed him by her side – holding her and loving her.  She closed her eyes as he slid the robe off her shoulders and it pooled around her as she sat on the bench.  He put one arm under her knees and the other behind her back and picked her up.  He continued his trailing kisses as he turned and laid her on his bed.  He flipped the lamp off and moaned her name as she ran her hands over his body.  His last coherent thought as he began a dance of love was that he was smart enough to lock the bedroom door this time.

Min Ho woke to sunlight streaming through his window.  He turned to stretch and saw an impish little Min Ho look-alike sitting cross legged on his bed staring at him.  Luo Min was not more than 3 inches from his face.  He stared at him – no blinks, no batting of the eyes.  Dead pan stare.  He’s good thought Min Ho – too good.  He spoke softly, “Good morning Luo Min.  Did you sleep well?  Where is your Eomma?”

Luo Min sighed dramatically.  He pointed his finger to Min Ho.  “Appa – no Eomma.  No.”  Then he pointed toward the kitchen and his Eomma.  “Luo Min Eomma.  Mine.  Appa no.”  He was shaking his head and his finger in Min Ho’s face. 

Well I’ll be damned.  The little guy does not want to share at all.  I guess I will have to figure out the secret of how to get Luo Min to share.  Perhaps he is like I was at that age?  Should I use that against him?  How interesting if it would work.

Just then Shin Hye walked into the bedroom.  Min Ho saw her and he felt complete.  “Good morning my love.”  Luo Min turned to stare at Min Ho again.  Luo Min face palmed himself grimacing as he did so.  Luo Min said clearly, “Bad Appa.  Mine Eomma.” 

Shin Hye came to the bed and leaning down placed a soft kiss on Min Ho’s lips.  She then scooped Luo Min up and tickled him.  “Eomma likes Appa, Luo Min.  Can’t Eomma like Appa?  Doesn’t Luo Min like Appa too?”

Luo Min started to giggle and his laugh was so like Min Ho.  His dimples were the real killer.  Shin Hye was beaming down at her handsome little son.  She looked at Min Ho and said, “Every time I saw his dimples I would think of you.  Every time he grinned I would think of you.  When he turns his head a certain way I think of you.  He is my constant reminder of the man I love.  I cannot honestly say I ever forgot you because he is a constant reminder.  Now you two come and eat breakfast but after you wash your hands.  Hurry now!”

The morning passed quickly.  Shin Hye had to go home.  She wanted to stay but couldn’t.  She had other obligations plus she was meeting with Geun Suk in the afternoon to discuss a commercial deal.  She had signed years ago with his agency to deal with Chinese contracts and Geun Suk wanted to talk about that among other opportunities. 

Min Ho flat-out didn’t like it.  “Why?  Can you not talk over the phone?  Why must you be somewhere close to him?  Why must you show such favoritism toward Geun Suk?  I will be on base and everyone will be showing me pictures of Geun Suk with you - showing me pictures of you and a hundred other male stars and idols.  And they will be talking about how y you are – how adorable you are – how heartbroken they were when you married - I don’t see why you have to take pictures with them.  Just say hello by phone.”

Shin Hye grinned and patted his cheek. “Oppa, I love you more than you can imagine.  But Oppa I know those men are just models I take pictures with or just my good friends I take pictures with.  Oppa I know how I feel about them and it is friendship but you take pictures with other women and you look like you are secretly making love to them with your gazes.  So Oppa you cannot tell me I cannot do what you do.” 

Min Ho sighed and shut up.  He had lost and he knew it.  He touched her shoulder as she left the apartment.  Luo Min stuck his tongue out and said, “Bye Appa.”

Shin Hye and Luo Min were at her Eomma’s restaurant.  If Geun Suk had a choice of restaurants to go to it would be her Eomma’s restaurant.  She met him in a private room.  He had been chatting with her Eomma who left once Shin Hye arrived.  Luo Min made fast work of kissing and hugging his ‘Hamin’ because it was obvious his focus was on Geun Suk.  He climbed into the bench next to Geun Suk and stuck his hand out.  “Me Li Luo Min.”  He pointed to Shin Hye and said, “Mine Eomma.  Mine.”  Then he turned back to Geun Suk and stared at him, straight in the eye with an ‘I dare you to look at my Eomma’ stare. 

Geun Suk looked into the eyes staring at him.  Yep, he thought, my suspicions are true.  Not only is he an exact replica of the original but he has the same possessiveness as the original.  This will be interesting.

“Hi, I am your Eomma’s best friend, Jang Geun Suk.  And you are Shin Hye’s son.  How do you do?”  He stuck his hand out for Luo Min to shake and to his surprise the little guy shook his hand. 

“How old is he now?”  Geun Suk asked. 

“Twenty months old now.  But I suppose I should count his age as we Koreans do and add the year?” Shin Hye responded.  “Let’s see then I should just say 2 years old shouldn’t I?  I don’t want him to grow up so fast.”

“Uh, Shin Hye?  I have this figured out whether you tell me or not.  My lips are sealed but it is a blow to my ego.  You convinced me that you had a real relationship with Ying Ye and all the while you are – well – what are you doing?  Are you with Ying Ye or not?  Does Min Ho know?  And I rather suspect he does since he gave me death glares during the charity event.  So tell me or not – I am here if you need my help or my shoulder to cry on or just talk to.  My friend, I am always here to help.”

He reached over to put his hand on her arm and a head popped up from under the table between them.  “Mine Eomma.”  And Luo Min took Geun Suk’s hand and moved it.   

Geun Suk looked down at those eyes and realized Shin Hye would soon be faced with a dilemma that she might not survive.  “Shin Hye, my pet, you do know that secrets always have a way of being found out?”

“Sukkie, I am not sure what to do.  This is like a labyrinth that goes on and on.  I am just praying that Luo Min survives this unscathed.  Who would have thought two people would look so much alike?  Is that even possible?  I feel like it is my punishment for this hell I have created.  I love my Luo Min and would never change anything about him but it is a sin I will pay for someday.”  Geun Suk saw the sorrow on her face and really wanted to hug her but the small dark-eyed Min Ho mini-me was looking at him with his small arms folded. 

“Damn.  He is his Appa’s son.” Geun Suk thought.

Meanwhile, a meeting is occurring in Shanghai between Ying Ye and his parents.   It is a meeting that will forever change his life and Shin Hye’s life; a meeting that Ying Ye has initiated.  He wants this meeting with his parents although he dreads the consequences.  As he sits down to talk to his parents a fleeting thought of Shin Hye and Luo Min crosses his mind.  He silently apologizes to Shin Hye and Luo Min and hopes she will forgive him in time.