Love triangle?

Switch!

Chapter 9: Love triangle...?


(Hyosung)

"Give this to your adviser, the school nurse asked me to pass it to him" Leo suddenly popped out of nowhere. "W-wait, I told you not to talk to me, didn't I?!" I whispered to him. I really didn't want the other students to see us talking to each other.

"Yeah you did, but I never agreed to it. What's it to me?...To see you getting hated again, I would pay to get the front row seat." he said with a  subtle smirk, which I rarely ever get to see. 

Waah. So scary. He's always like this. Sometimes I wonder if he considers me as a friend. I remember the first time we talked, his dad  promised he would pay him cash if he became my friend. He even told me straightforwardly. Sometimes I just hate him. But he did talk to  Hakyeon on his own impulse, which is the positive side I see in him. Why? he was good friends  with Hakyeon. It was weird because he usually hate to do things, yet he talked to our butler, and Leo was a business man's son.  Usually, rich people hate poor people right?  But he was quite different.  That's why I'm confused with his personality.

"Y-you're so cold Taekwoon!" I said. He never wants to join if it's not benificial to him. I've got no other choice. I still have one weapon against  Leo.......Food!

"Fine...I'll give you bags of delicious homemade cookies every morning, so just don't talk to me if someone is looking okay?"  I eventually gave him candy for the meantime. His eyes were sparkling in front of the candy.  "Deal" he said with no doubts. He can only be pleased  with negotiations. Then He left afterwards slurping on his lollipop candy.

"Hyosung unnie!" sunhwa called me. "Oh, sorry I took too long to get out of the bathroom, haha" she said. We started walking towards our room.

".....are you close with that person you were talking to?" sunhwa asked me.

"W-what? what makes you say that?" 

"Hmm... I saw you talking to him on the first day of school.." 

"Ohh, I was just asking a question since i was new in the school. we're not that close...come on let's go." I didn't want to tell sunhwa. she was  my only friend, I didn't want to lose her. She'd probably hate me especially when she's the vice president, and she's the smartest in class. 

"Why are you always carrying that handkerchief everyday btw?" she asked.

"Oh this? I just like it that's all. I never really use it." it was the one souvenier I had of Kikwang. He gave it to me when I cried in front of him.  I promised to return it to him, someday when we meet again. I remember Kikwang has a little sister, I really want to meet her when we meet again. soon.

 

♪♪♪♪♪♪

 

"All you need to do is to cancel this by the common value and the rest of the steps will come to you, try it!" Jieun was explaining the lesson to  Himchan. Himchan got into the top 1 class but he was hanging by a thread. But he has a really good willing spirit.  "Ohh I get it now!! Thanks jieun!" himchan said. "Sure, no problem" jieun blushed.

"Yongguk, I finally solved it!" Himchan said to yongguk from across his seat.

"what really? I'm still stuck in this step, I can't go on any further. uggh." yongguk was trying hard to solve it. He was just like Himchan.  They are truly bestfriends.

"Ahh, why don't you let jieun teach you?" himchan suggested. "Jieun, can u teach him?" He asked her with the eyes of a hopeful cat.

"Eh? m-me? uhmm okay.." since himchan said so, I shall do it jieun thought. 

"Is it really okay for you?" Yongguk asked. He was trying to lay off her because he knew it would be hard for her to teach him, especially  when she's afraid of him.

"Yes.." jieun replied. "Are you sure you're not scared?" yongguk whispered silently to himself.

Jieun taught him with her head fully sweating as he was too close to her. Yongguk couldn't understand the solution. that much though despite  her explanations. "Ahh, i'm sorry can you repeat that again?" he said desperately.

his classmates were stealing glances from yongguk. "Look at him, I told you he can't be in this class, he's way too dumb. He probably threatens  other students to let them do his assignment for him." they heard whispers from the room. Jieun looked at yongguk thinking he would be angry,  but yongguk ignored them and kept trying to understand the problem. She felt sorry for him. Himchan was clenching his fists already but seeing  yongguk's willingness made him calmer. 

"But hey what about himchan? he always gets low scores too."

"But notice that the two of them always hangs out with each other, could it be himchan is a delinquent too?"

THUD. Yongguk stood up, punching his desk. Jieun was startled. He threw away his pen and his notebook and went towards his classmate who  was badmouthing them. It was one of those "bestfriend feelings" that made him do so. The whole class was in for a treat. 

"You." he said.

"W-wh-at?!"

"You can say bad things about me. I won't give a . But if you include Himchan when he hasn't done anything wrong, I will punch you in the  face." Yongguk's voice has never been this scary and deep.

"L-look here. It's true anyways! you two are stupid students!" yongguk pulled him out of his chair and grabbed his collar. His classmate struggled  and fought back. He pushed yongguk to the wall. His classmate was also an athlete so he was quite strong as yongguk. The class gave room  for both of them and adjusted their chairs. Some of the girls ran outside.

Himchan was in rage; he was angry at yongguk for causing trouble because of him. He could take any insult just as yongguk would. Himchan went and tried to break the two of them. Jieun also stood up following himchan, with the spirit of wanting to help.

"Stop it! the teacher is coming, don't cause any trouble for the both of you!" himchan shouted.

"Stay out of this! my mind is set already!" yongguk said. "S-stop, please..!" jieun softly said.

Himchan kept grabbing yongguk's arms to disengage their contact. In reflex, yongguk pushed himchan with brute force. But as himchan was  pushed back, it was jieun who got hurt as she was behind him. Jieun fell to the floor. The two students paused in their fight. Jieun stood up  immediately "I-I hear footsteps! fast, the teacher is coming!" 

The classmate broke away from yongguk and went back to his seat. Yongguk was in awe for awhile and started regretting his actions. Himchan  glared at yongguk. "..S-sorry..." yongguk said. He sat down and planted his face in his desk.

Jieun sat down and she was in pain because of her fall. however she didn't try to make it obvious that she was wounded in her right knee. 

"Sorry about that. yongguk is just hot-tempered sometimes." himchan told jieun. She immediately pulled in her right knee under her desk.  But Himchan noticed her wound. "That..!"

"Don't worry, it's nothing really. It's just a scratch.." jieun smiled fakely. Himchan sighed and stood up. "I'll be back in a bit" 

"W-here are you going? it's the middle of class!" jieun shouted. Himchan got out of the room without permission from the teacher.  He was hurriedly going somewhere. Yongguk who was deeply depressed heard jieun's shout. where is he going? he thought.

After a few minutes, himchan came back slipping through the back door to which the teacher didn't notice. 

"H-himchan? where were you? what were you doing?" jieun asked. She was thankful the teacher didn't scold him.

"Give me your right knee." himchan ordered. jieun was startled but she gave in. Himchan brought alcohol and cotton and applied it to the  wounded knee. Jieun was blushing Did he..get this from the clinic? she thought. She felt as though she was inside a romantic drama series.  It was a refreshing feeling in her chest despite the pain from her wounds. Himchan then put some bandage on her knee. 

"There, it's all okay now. It's dangerous to let a wound be freshly open without cleansing it you know. Are you feeling okay now?" himchan asked.

"Y-yeah, all thanks to you." jieun developed a big crush on himchan that day. 

By the side, yongguk watched himchan take care of jieun. He didn't know why, but his chest was hurting. Why couldn't I do that instead? he  thought. Again, he planted his face in his desk, making all of his 'don't insult himchan' feelings go away. Instead, he was filled with jealousy,  to which he doesn't recognize.

♪♪♪♪♪♪♪

 

Hyosung was at the canteen eating lunch with sunhwa. It was already weeks into the school year. Hyosung actually did some teenage stuff  with sunhwa, such as shopping, eating lunch together, texting and calling each other, and doing group studies. She really had fun with her.

Hyosung saw Himchan with a lot of girls. He was receiving lunch boxes from them. It was a paradise view. He then went over their table.

"Wow, you're really popular now, aren't you." hyosung said.

"jealous? haha. Well being a photographer for the school newspaper kinda made me more well-known." he replied.  "You seem to be enjoying your time here in school being with your new best friend, huh? Sunhwa-sshi right? Our vice-president.  Is she forcing her work on you Hyosung?" himchan sarcastically said.

"Yah, don't be like that! Sorry sunhwa, he's really a douche. Sunhwa and I are good friends stop trying to treat her like a bossy girl!  she's a vice president but she's normal like us, okay?" hyosung said.

Sunhwa scoffed. "It's okaay unnie. I don't care about his remarks. He's not an important person at all." sunhwa replied. She wasn't like those  weak cry baby girls. She was the tough one.

Hyosung interrupted. "Okay, okay. let's break this up already just eat in peace okayy" 

Himchan noticed something. "Why don't you eat lunch together with Leo though?" he obliviously said. Hyosung was startled. He wanted  to punch him in the face.

"Leo? so you are close with him hyosung unnie?" sunhwa asked. Hyosung became nervous.

"S-sorry I lied! I just know that you'll hate me if I was close with people like him, sorry!" 

"...Why would I be? just as you said, he might be a delinquent but he's normal like us." sunhwa replied. Hyosung was surprised. Sunhwa really  was nothing like the other students. 

"T-that's so sweet of you!" hyosung replied.

"why don't you start hanging out with him next time? I won't mind being with a delinquent." sunhwa smiled. After that, hyosung would include  and call Leo often to talk to him. She didn't mind since sunhwa didn't either.

But Himchan on the other hand was not feeling good about it. He had a reason for not liking sunhwa. Ever since hyosung introduced her to him, himchan could see through her eyes and know that she had some dark aura about her. Himchan was an expert at girl's feelings, so he could detect something was off about sunhwa. But for the first time, himchan was not sure what exactly was off about her. That's why himchan always keeps an eye on her.

 

♪♪♪♪♪♪

 


Poor yongguk T.T I have a question for you= who do you want jieun to be with? himchan or yongguk? hihi :D