It's about your family

Switch!

(Hyosung)

I walked slowly towards the shop. The fact that my best friend, who became my worst enemy, was actually Kikwang's younger sister, scares me. It's weird; she's been walking all over in both my friendship lane and enemy lane and I never knew that one important fact. I remember Kikwang talking about his younger sister and about how he'll never let anything happen to her. This answers almost all my questions, from why he's in this average school to why they're so close. Perhaps he's keeping his eyes on her. Plus, everyday they hang out in school almost everywhere...I feel bad for cursing at them. They were only catching up with the seconds they missed being together as a family. 

What's worse is.....Kikwang's sister knows every one of my secrets that I am avoiding for him to know. This is not good. I wonder if she's revealed anything to him....especially during that time we were great enemies. But...."I am rooting for you unnie. Do your best at winning my bro's heart." I can't believe she said that. It still makes me blush, a lot. 

When I entered the shop, Zinger and old lady were looking at me with anticipating eyes. Both showed how eager they were to know how it went, partly because they want my one-sided love story to progress and partly due to their nostalgic feelings towards 'love'. How embarrassing, it wasn't at all like their expectations. Sunhwa gave me a chance to be alone with Kikwang but the sudden epiphany was too much for me to handle, that I didnt take the opportunity. I eventually ran home alone, scaring off every delinquent daring to come at me at my unstable state.

"I'm sorry....I'll tell the details tomorrow. I'll just wash up these dishes and go to bed. It's been a long day..." I shrugged them off. I didn't bother looking at their reactions. Whether they were insulted or filled with pity, i just didn't care. It was night time already when I arrived at the shop. I wasted so much time contemplating on what just happened for an hour and a half. 

I rushed to clean up the tables and the trash scatterred throughout the room. When I went to close the doors to the shop, I felt a familiar presence and saw a glimpse of a person that quickly disappeared. It was so late at night already; and we always close during this time. It might just be my imagination. I went to bed right after my chores.

 

♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪

 

Himchan stared in awe and anger. "Why is she with you? Why are you hugging her like that?" He grunted in his seat. Hyosung sighed. "We're friends now...." she said with Sunhwa's hands wrapped around her. "Don't be jealous, I can hug you too if you want." she mischievously said to Himchan. "Hmm, Would you grant me a chance to punch you instead?" Himchan replied in sarcasm. The bickers continued. 

I didn't figure out anything besides that info, it seems she's still hiding something. Himchan thought to himself.

"Is yongguk feeling better? How is he doing?" hyosung asked. She didn't know the details except that they had a fight. Himchan laughed loudly as he said "That boy is crazy! He's already going to school despite the pain he's still under. I don't know why but he's really serious in his studying nowadays. I really should start so myself or else I'm out from the A class soon. The exams are near!" 

Sunhwa was reminded of the exams; she stood up passionately. "I won't let my brother beat me. As vice president of the school, I will be included in the top 10 of this test!" 

Hyosung bitterly hid her face. "Aah, that's right. I am so gonna fail! I haven't been listening attentively in my classes." 

"I can help you study unnie! but my schedule is pretty tight. I also have some things to do for the student council. But I can hand you some notes and sample problems to solve so you can practice. what do you think?" sunwha suggested. Being the vice-president, she's occupied with the school's upcoming activities and programs. 

Hyosung's stupidness level can be saved by Sunhwa. "Thankyou sunhwa! I really hated you but I'm adjusting to it now!" she cried out and added "Himchan you better do good too!"

Himchan was pressured by the sudden rise of passion. "I-I won't lose!" he stood up and went away to the enormous crowd of fangirls. In place of him, another male showed up at the table. It was Leo who was confused about the situation as Sunhwa was there. Yet he felt it was too troublesome to ask so he stayed silently.

Sunhwa who was so active and willful sat down quietly. She had so much guts when she confessed to Leo falsely but now she's scared to death as she saw his furious face. "H-hi Leo..." I still remember his scary face when he threatened me. She forced back her tears.

Leo silently nodded and sat beside Sunhwa. He could feel Sunhwa's shivering soul. Hyosung thought it was funny and decided not to explain and meddle. To add up to the situation, hyosung chose to give them a few minutes to 'catch up' as she asked to go to the restroom. I'm sorry Sunhwa, but this is your punishment! Hyosung thought.

Finally, Leo decided to speak up. "Are you partners...for a class activity or something?" he asked while eating his lollipop. Sunhwa was startled. "...no...I apologized to her..! I asked to be her friend again...." she sincerely replied.

Leo asked one last question. "Did you tell your brother about her secret?" He knew I was kikwang's sister and yet he didn't tell Hyosung...sometimes I wonder if he's really a good friend. She thought. "Nope, I got you and Himchan watching me so why would I." Leo didnt ask anything after that. And they sat in silence. 

Hyosung went back and saw them from the back. She laughed and decided to cut off the awkwardness. But before she could, Sunhwa said one last remark. "I'm sorry for what I did; I know that you knew I didn't like you truthfully. I have a purpose for doing such though." Hyosung couldn't believe what she heard. It wasn't real? Then why did she do it? 

Sunhwa continued. "It's about your family." Hyosung's eyes widened. She knows about his family background?! A student bumped into her and the student apologized loudly, diverting her attention from the conversation Sunhwa and Leo had. After the student left, sunwha noticed Hyosung was there. "Unnie! you're here~" 

oh no, what did they talk about? "Oh yeah, there were so many people at the restroom so I took long, sorry." Hyosung said. She missed the chance and wondered if she should ask.

 

♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪

 

 

The first day of exams came. Rain was pouring heavily in Seoul that day. Hyosung was almost late to class due to the heavy mud she encountered on the way. When she did arrive, she had to wash her socks first before wearing the school shoes to go to her classroom. When she went out the ladies room, she felt again a presence that disappeared quickly. When she opened her locker, she saw a pen and a note. The note had said "Do your best!" Hyosung was delighted to see the message; she took the pen and decided to use it for her exams. With this pen, I will take the feelings of whomever sent me this note and make it that I shall ace the exams!

As every subject passed, she felt better than the last. Her study session with Leo and with Sunhwa's notes helped her feel confident. By her side, Ken was also doing a good job. Despite his stupidity, he was actually a diligent student. On the other hand, Ravi kept erasing and crashing out his answers. He was on the verge on insanity. That day, a different teacher was assigned to the class. And he saw their miserable states.

Then, the day reached its end. All of the students were exhausted, including Hyosung. It was a long day and she was about to go home. But the teacher assigned to their class and the guidance counselor of the school stopped her in front of the other students. 

"Jeon Hyosung. Wait." the guidance counselor called. Hyosung turned around and saw the commotion behind her. "Let's talk in the guidance office, come quickly." he sternly said.

"No!" the teacher complained. "This behaviour must be exposed in order to let other students be warned." Hyosung was confused. More and more students gathered. Sunhwa and Ravi were the ones among her friends who witnessed it. The guidance counselor didn't agree and fought to settle it inside a closed room. But the teacher proceeded into his own plans anyway.

"Jeon Hyosung. You are suspected of cheating." The noise grew louder as many students spread the news.