I'll be your friend

Switch!

"No! Don't hurt him! It was me! I made him do it! I'm sorry!" Jieun cried out from behind. She was panicking too much that she couldn't think rationally. Their opponents laughed, realizing they just won a bait. The game has been turned to their side; it is now too easy. The other delinquents started taking the startled innocent Jieun as hostage. 

"Hahh, what a pity~ if you struggle, then we're gonna have to hit her too."

Yongguk knew he had to surrender immediately. The force he was wearing in his entire body was now released. He gave in to their demands. He heavily sighed, and kneeled down. He was ready to receive big blows. 

With strong hands effortlessly locking Jieun's arms, she was helpless and weak. She realized this was all her fault. If she hadn't meddled in his business, everything would have been fine. I was wrong....I should have never tried becoming that great class representative who never ignores those who are hurt, who always help her classmates and who always makes others happy...I'm such a failure... the trembling in her body didn't cease.

Being powerless, her eyes were confronted with the sight of Yongguk in pain. She watched as the unfair battle took place, with the big sticks forcefully striking the peak of Yongguk's skinny shoulders, with the other enemies laughing mockingly at their once-called friend and with feelings that conflicted her previous thoughts. She was in a place crying and shouting for someone she was afraid of. "Why are boys..like this?" Jieun bitterly said.

"Not all of them are!" A voice that whispered beside her conveyed. Her swollen eyes widened. The 2 delinquents that held Jieun was surprised at the unfamiliar male that appeared beside them. "Who the hell are yo-?" the enemies suddenly fell to the floor unconcious, with an accurate tight pinch on their pressure points that the male targeted for. The painful grip finally went loose on Jieun's arms and she could move again. In the place that was full of hell, a brightening angel appeared. "Himchan! help him!" she desperately said to him. She wanted to help, but she knew she was useless. Filled with her fear, she quickly ran farther from the place and fled.

Cracking his knuckles, his game face was on "These were the people that replace me as his friend, huh? Tch."

"Bang Yongguk! Stand up! or do you need help?" Himchan shouted across the place and Yongguk's senses started tingling. He saw that Jieun was out of trouble, and he saw his old friend out to rescue him. The enemies noticed Himchan and were ordered to shut him up. They began marching towards him in pairs to which Himchan delightly accepted. "It's been a long time since I fought, this feels good." 

A smirk formed on yongguk's lips "Don't worry, You don't.... need to.... help me". In each pause, the big sticks were ed upon him with blood being sput from his mouth. From the ground, he stood up, as if he just climbed the depths of hell. He stopped the big sticks from touching his body with his metal grip.

His previous friends were ticked off "What the-!" realizing the hostage had been released. Impatiently, one charged at him with a jab. He blocked the blow with two hands scooping his opponent's wrist, and hurled him over his shoulder. But in his blind spot, one other plunged a big stick unto his ribs. Yongguk felt his bones creak. It doubled the torment of his wounds. In his moment of pain, another shoved an immense thud on his legs. His legs slided and his face fell flat to the floor and he stayed there. Just a while ago he was thriving with energy, but now his figure seemed as if he gave up again.

On the other side, Himchan started lurching forward, with the delinquents on his front. He broke them off by plunging in between them, to which brought him inside the circle that Yongguk was fighting in. Numerous shots was shoved on him. Yet he single-handedly scared them all away with a smash upon their hands.Their enemies were cowards, only seeming to be strong when in a group. But alone, they were weak-willed. "Come and fight me!!" Himchan shouted, but contrary to this, he began charging to them instead. One by one, he kicked their legs and they landed all on the floor. "We give up!" The delinquents moaned. But Himchan still didn't cease the torture. It was a frightening sight that sent shivers in everyone. Yongguk started coming back to his senses and saw the rage in Himchan's actions. "Ss...s...tt..o...p" a sore sound came out from him.

"I'm not stopping, this all feels too good! I...miss..this. The fright in all of their eyes! the tremble in all of their bodies! And their moans that never stops!" the madness was penetrating into his brain. This was his first fight since he stopped being a delinquent, and he loved it too much. The delinquents started fleeing from the insane Himchan.

"Him..chan...don't...." his sore voice continue to say. Crawling a few steps, he tugged on Himchan's uniform.

Himchan turned around and saw his beaten up friend. "You...Yongguk...you have...blood on you..." a few blinks and it finally hit him. "Yongguk! I'm sorry! I forgot..." he carried him up slowly.

But behind them, a sly enemy of Yongguk carried a metal stick, and was ready to hit the final blow. 

BANG!

It hit. And the enemy fell to the ground. Jieun was behind him.

"Himchan..Yongguk-sshi... Let's go to the clinic." She went back after gaining the courage again.

 

♪♪♪♪♪

(Clinic)

 

Himchan sat next to Yongguk who was lying on the clinic bed. Finally he was concious.

"Thanks for coming. I'm sorry for being so weak." Yongguk thanked him as he rested.

Himchan looked in his eyes "Yongguk....I know."

"know? what?" he asked.

"About your father. He was imprisoned, right? Why didn't you tell me?"

Yongguk rose up hearing what he said. "H-himchan, you're misunderstanding, It's not like that! I'm not like him, I'm still the same!"

Himchan laughed. "Idiot. I never said anything like that."

"W-what?" he didn't expect that. "Aren't you afraid of me? And mad at me, that I am a criminal's son?"

"Are you kidding? Aren't you supposed to be afraid of me? Didn't you see me back there? I was insane! I was in the brink of madness. Yongguk...I'm a sadist, and that's a reality. Beating up people was my drive. I loved the sight of their fear in front of me. In fact, I have a criminal's mind!" Himchan's face was filled with detest. He had a sadistic personality disorder where he experienced fully during his delinquent days, when he was the head of Busan Grounds. Everyday he fights, and everyday his manipulative behaviour grew even more. He shook his head in disgust. Yongguk gave him his time.

He continued "Remember when I always told you..that I hated Hyosung?" Yongguk nodded.

"That was because she knew about my mentality. Before she challenged my place in the delinquent world, she told me that I was a tyrannical sadist. She told me that I was beginning to be insane. And she was spot on. Each day I was filled with madness that I couldn't stop and I didn't know what was happening inside me, But she knew about it. I always denied because I didn't want to accept it. But one day she told me that "If you keep going this road, you will become a criminal" I hated how she told me that so directly, I hated her sick mind. But eventually when she challenged me, I realized it was the time to stop, so I gave up the "chief" throne to her." He paused to look at yongguk.

"When I did, we became friends. And so to avoid my madness to leak, I decided looking for a new drive, which was girls. When I'm with women, my heart becomes soft and kind, not sick and sadist. After that I started going this road which makes me who I am now. But still along the way, it wasn't enough to hide my mentality. So when we graduated, I had to travel to Japan to check upon my personality disorder." With a warm smile, he stood up.

"Unfortunately today, my mentality came back because of fighting. But I realized..... you can keep it hidden. You made me stop my madness, which I never couldn't, because you're an angel Yongguk. Even if your dad is a criminal, that doesn't apply to you. You are who you are. That's why, I'll be your friend. But are you okay with having an insane friend?" He told him.

Yongguk's face lightened with a smile. "Don't worry, We're both insane. Thanks Himchan, for telling me your secret, and for being my friend."

"Gotta go, hang in there buddy~" Himchan bid him goodbye. 

 

♪♪♪♪♪

Yongguk's body was so sore and it was painful to move. 

Jieun entered. "Don't move yet, your body is still not recovering well. N-not that I'm ordering you to do that, I'm just giving advice..." she said.

"Song Jieun-sshi. Because of your stupidness....I'm like this." Yongguk mumbled.

Jieun stood up and bowed so many times "I'm sorry! I'm sorry! I wasn't in my right mind. I'm so sorry."

Despite the pain, Yongguk rised from his bed and confronted her. "You...!" He raised his hands forcefully with pain striking his senses. Jieun closed her eyes and crossing her hands by her chest, she knew she was going to be hit. But Yongguk's hands went over her shoulders and she instead received a hug. 

"Stop being scared of me." Yongguk ordered her. She opened her eyes and realized the warmth that Yongguk brings. He let her go and told her "Thanks for your kindness towards me." The gummy smile showed on his face, it was the warmest smile Jieun ever saw and it stayed in her mind. "I'm going now, Bye~" He said, and left the clinic with a sore body.

 In a trance, Jieun couldn't stop him from going out. 

♪♪♪♪♪♪♪

 

Why are they together? Hyosung shouted in her sea of jealous thoughts. When she saw Kikwang and Sunhwa together, she ran away from the library, trying to keep herself together. As a girl, it was hard Not to think badly of Sunhwa. Especially since they had a fight. For this day, she gave up trying to be closer to him. 


Yongguk and Himchan's secret is revealed~ :DD Comment ur thoughts on this chapter! How was it? Wondering what Hyosung will do next? Stay tuned :)

 

*sorry for late update. Been busy with school ><*