New start

Switch!
Hyosung removed everything that Himchan put on her: make-up, clips and everything feminine. She did this as she ran away. Whatever her mind was thinking, it led her once again to the library. She pushed open the door panting hardly. She went past the librarian and went deep into the book stands. There, she perched herself flat on the floor. Her ears became red as she masked her face with her arms. I am such a fool. she thought. She stayed in that position so long that bells have rung indicating classes were over for the day. 
 
The librarian pulled herself together and bravely approached hyosung who was frozen in the floor. "I-I'm v-very sorry...b-but the day is almost over so.....you should gg-go home before the guards lock you up.." she quickly walked away and went outside to go home.
 
Finally, hyosung showed her face after a long time being sitted in that floor. Her face was swollen from the tears. She almost stood up until she saw the book "Ugly Duckling". It reminded her again of Kikwang. She took the book with her hands still shaking. 
".....Ugly Duckling"
 
She blankly gazed at the book she was holding. It took her time to come back to her senses. All of this...It's better if I should just let go of it and move on...she thought. Hyosung stood up and stretched her hands in order to return the book into the stand. Suddenly, a piece of paper dropped from the book. It slowly made its way down as it barely flew with the wind. Hyosung noticed and picked up the piece of paper. She was taken by surprise.
It read: 
 
"you kept avoiding me...so I thought I shouldn't bother you. But I had to tell you something, so I slipped this in the book. I'm not sure whether you'd read this, but it's worth a shot.
I'm leaving this school. I'm transferring to Seoul with my little sister. I'm sorry again for what I've done. But I'm thankful I met you, you're a new friend I made. I was often bullied here in Busan, but there's one memory in this place that's better than everything else. Thankyou, goodbye!  --> My name is Lee Kikwang by the way. Too bad I don't know yours."
 
 
♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪
 
 

 Himchan Yongguk, Ravi and the other delinquents were standing behind the rooftop door. They were spying on the saddened Hyosung. 

"Sunbaenims, what do i do? she's really depressed, her back figure looks so pitiful from here. Ahh, but himchan sunbae, why didn't you tell me her love was claimed by nerd Kwang? I could have stopped him since we were classmates!" ravi said

"Do I need to tell you? you're her right hand man, you could've figured that out soon. But I didn't know you were this dumb." himchan replied

"Yah yah, stop that!" yongguk interrupted. "But I didn't know she was this soft-hearted. A girl is a girl after all. They are such a confusing set of questions. How do you figure their feelings out, Himchan?"

"It's a matter of sensitivity. You'll figure that out soon." Himchan answered.

"Kids are much better to handle. Why are we here anyways?" yongguk complained.

"Sunbae, all of the delinquents should help their leader. So I've gathered you all here" Ravi said. The stairs leading to the rooftop was filled with the school's delinquents. 

"Yah yah, don't you think chief is becoming weak? our gang would be troubled if this happened." a delinquent named Hyuk said.

"Hyukkie you! don't say that! even if she's this sad, she could beat the hell out of you, stupid!" ravi scolded hyuk.

"Ahh, but I have a question!" another delinquent named Ken said. 

"What is it ?" ravi asked.

"Doesn't Hyosung chief have a reaaaaaaallly good sense of hearing, and the door is opened already...so doesn't that mean she can completely hear us? aah, but I might be mistakened so don't mind me. Oh, there's a candy!" Ken said, making everyone's eyes widened as they realized that hyosung could hear their conversations.

"Why didn't you tell us sooner!?" Ravi loudly whispered.

 

"Come out, all of you." Hyosung shouted firmly.

They cleared their throats and entered the rooftop.

Silence filled them.

 

♪♪♪♪♪♪

 

(Hyosung)

 

I was sitting in the rooftop and suddenly I heard noises by the door. All of the delinquents hustled and gathered around. I think Ravi's the one behind this. It seems they are surprised to know that the mighty Demon Jeon has been defeaten by the power of love. I clearly heard their conversations. They're such idiots. 

"Come out, all of you." I ordered. They all went out from their obvious hiding place and positioned an organized line in front of me. Well, they always did that whenever I called them. Mainly because It's what I told them to do. I treated them like soldiers, and they see me as the general. Thinking about it, I feel bad that I did that to them. They all look up to me, but rather than that, I think they're more of afraid of me. Being alone? It's all because of me. These people could have become my friends, but I deprived them of being such. Ever since kikwang entered my messed up life, I've been regretting every action I took: Neglecting my studies, and everything else. 

"Demon Jeon, I feel terribly sorry for what happened. But first love is always like that! It doesn't always work. You're not alone, we've experienced it all. Please don't be bothered too much. But don't give up, there are plenty of guys in the earth" himchan spoke up. 

Himchan's words made me laugh. Kikwang was my earth. Every other guy were just moons compared to him.

"Who said I'm giving up?" I saw all of their surprised expressions. They were taken aback. 

"Himchan-ah, and everyone of you! I am not giving up on him. Wherever he goes, I will find him. He's striving to achieve his dream, and I know where to find him. Don't worry everyone, haven't you all learned who I am? I'm your ruler, and I'm not the type who gives up. Not in front of cupid's arrow. Lee Kikwang is my self-proclaimed soulmate, and no one is ever going to make me give up on him." I stated.

"From now on, I'm not your leader. Choose among yourselves. Just don't involve me. Forget about Demon Jeon. Her black wings are now cleansed." I informed them.

I stood up, and exited the rooftop. I left them all in a trance. Whether they believe me or not, it's their choice. 

Right now, I found it. I found a dream. It may not be as big as kikwang's, but it's a start. My dream is to find him once again. He said he's studying to become a lawyer. All I have to do is to study hard and enter the top-ranked school in Seoul. I know he'll be there. If I can just improve my grades, I can meet him once again. 

 

♪♪♪♪♪♪

 

As Hyosung exited, all the delinquents were astounded. The others started fighting each other in order to claim the 'throne'.Yongguk tried to calm them down. Himchan didn't even bother anymore about the throne; he was just proud of hyosung's decision.

Ravi, in particular, couldn't accept that Hyosung was leaving them. Unlike the others, he really respected her strength and her leadership. During the first time Hyosung challenged the former leader, Himchan, Ravi was there. Eventually Hyosung picked him as his right hand man. At first, he followed her orders blindly. But time healed his blindness. He eventually became attached to serving hyosung. He came to know her strength and began respecting her in every angle.

He admired Hyosung's strengths but he never knew her weaknesses. Now that hyosung was leaving them, he realized her weakness was her strengths. And she had done the right thing. But he still couldn't let go. Ravi went after her.

"Chief! Even if you're not the leader, I will always be your right hand man! So I will be helping you study until you meet him!" ravi saluted.

 

♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪

With the help of her friends, Hyosung studied hard and became opposite of Demon Jeon. After a year, Yongguk and Himchan's batch graduated. They didn't keep in touch anymore. After another, Hyosung's batch finally graduated middle school. She started her first year of high school in Busan. There, her grades were improving despite the delinquent image that she still carries with her. Afterwards, her first year in high school was over.

♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪

 

(at home)

 

Hakyeon entered hyosung's room ready to serve her breakfast. He saw the empty room, dropping his tray.

Hyosung's closets were empty, the whole room was empty, and Hyosung wasn't there. 

"Madam hyosung......." hakyeon cried.

He saw a note and it read:

"I'm sorry hakyeon-ah. I'm leaving somewhere. Goodbye. Bless you."


Hyosung, where did she gooo?? Will she ever meet kikwang again? leave your comments, I'd appreciate it!

 in the next chapter, the real 'meat' of the story will finally start^^ It's finally high school time~~!