Stay there, and watch.

Switch!

"Pabo!!" she scolded the two boys, Himchan and Leo. 

"Waee? We did it to help you, why are you so mad??" Himchan complained.

"But...you didn't have to do that seriously. I can handle it myself! But Leo! You should have accepted Sunhwa's confession, so you can live a normal lovey dovey life too! If I were you, I would dive in quickly. Ahh you're such pabos."

Himchan started getting mad. Hyosung was showing she wasn't affected at all. But he could still see that she was in fact just hiding her true emotions, as she would always do in the past. Yet he couldn't do anything about it, instead he decided to go with her denials. On the other hand, Leo seemed to have catched on with her pretty fastly without any complaints.

"Leoo! Don't you know how much I would pay to be in your shoes? Having someone to confess to me, isn't that the coolest thing ever!! Don't you know that?!" grabbing on to his shoulders, she kept shaking him. "Yahh say something!"

With the usual sigh, he said "I don't like her..."

Hyosung pouted. "But she's really pretty though...she's smart, and her hair is nice...isn't that what boys like?"

Himchan was too busy examining hyosung, he didn't answer the question. Leo, with a stern voice replied miraculously "But she's wicked." An electrifying feeling striked Hyosung deep within. Leo's scary answer made her shiver. Evil....

"Whatever, I'm leaving now, bye! I have a matter I must attend to!" hyosung bid her goodbyes. 

"Kikwang huh? Good luck...." Himchan said. Hyosung turned to leave, but before she could Himchan called her "But Hyosung, now that you have a crush...isn't it a girl's thing to do, that you should tell your girl friends about it? Talking about what you like in him, and helping each other to confess to a guy? Are you not a bit sad about losing Sunhwa?"

For moments, the back figure of Hyosung looked sad to him, but when she turned around she wore a smile once again. "Nah~ I'm okay~Bye~" she left. Himchan thought she would crack, but still she remained as is. His head was in a mess. 

"I wonder...How did Kikwang able to shake such an impenetrable spirit? He must be a god.." he said, expecting at least a 'yes' from Leo, but he was responded with just silence. Am I even talking to someone here? -.-' he thought.

"Hey Leo." he seriously said. "Sorry for punching you. It turns out that you aren't as evil as I thought and you do care for your friends. You've known her since you were young right?"

Leo nodded. 

"How did you meet her?" he curiously asked.

"My father paid me to talk to her." what a weird first meeting Himchan thought. A long silence followed, he thought Leo had nothing else to say but then he started talking again

"...despite knowing that, she was nice to me." Leo said, ending the conversation as he left undoubtedly. 

 

♪♪♪♪♪♪

Jieun was staring outside the field where Himchan was, while eating her packed lunch. Minute by minute, girls keep coming at Himchan while she began chomping angrily on her food. Her mood became bitter and her appetite decreased. She closed her packed lunch and stared at the box. "Lunch...with...Himchan?...That's it!" She stood up excitedly as her mind was set on a goal. "I can do this!" she inspiritly said. "But how will I ask him?"

"Do what?" Yongguk who just returned to the classroom asked.

"Eh? ah nothing!" she said quickly. This was their first conversation ever since she mistakenly opened her loud mouth and lectured yongguk. She realized this and her face turned as red as a cherry tomato. She quickly took her seat, avoiding him. Yongguk also took his seat and saw Himchan outside.

"Ah, it's Himchan. He's with multiple girls again. That manwhore..." he became furious.

"He's not a , it's those girls that are ..." Jieun casually said. "I mean..! Nothing..." she sighed.

Yongguk laughed. The atmosphere became soft and Jieun's shyness became less. "Why won't you and Himchan eat lunch together? You're always with those..delinquents...He would always ask to hang out with you though."

He twitched. "I don't know....it's just that....We've been separated since middle school and...he doesn't know..."

Bravely, jieun asked. "are..a-are you talking about your father's imprisonment..?"

Yongguk rested his head against the wall. He didn't respond to Jieun's question. She became worried. 

♪♪♪♪♪♪

Kikwang was in the second smart class and he became classmates with Leo. Eventually, they would even become each other's partners during pair activities, because they were the ones left out. Kikwang was a friendly person so he could adjust well to Leo's silent personality. In the end, he became Kikwang's first new friend in the school. But, as unexpected as Leo can be, He never mentioned this to Hyosung not even once. So her misfortunes continue and she had to go through stalking methods in order to see him. 

She was strolling around the school all alone. In the previous days, by this time she and sunhwa would have eaten together and talk about school. She couldn't help but remember the memories. In class, Sunhwa suddenly transferred seats in order to get away from her. It seems she asked their adviser in private. They wouldn't talk anymore.

Purposely she went inside the library, where she thought Kikwang would be. With lots of people inside, she had to scan the crowd multiple times. She wasn't used to going to the library so her awkwardness was showing obviously. With a few steps into the room, her eyes finally caught Kikwang, and he was with Sunhwa.

♪♪♪♪♪♪

"Himchan...I wanted to ask you about something." Jieun told Himchan. They were at the newspaper club office. At that time, Himchan was working on his scrapbook instead of working on the real stuff. As he saw Jieun, he gestured her to enter the room. 

"What is it?" Himchan said. When he spoke, Jieun noticed the pictures on his scrapbook. Yongguk was featured there a lot.

"You...and yongguk-sshi are very close huh?" she smiled, touching the cute pictures of himchan and yongguk.

Himchan grew embarrassed. "Haha, you found those. Well yeah, we were close friends before, not only in school, we would often go hang out in each other's homes..." 

"Before? how about now?" Jieun asked.

His face was now painted with a frown. "Well...We only hang out during class time honestly. I've always been alone in my free time, although there are girls surrounding me now and then. We are close, but...I guess it's hard to bring back our past bondings now...I can't really force him for anything since it's my fault and all...."

"Why is it your fault?" she persisted.

"Well after our graduation, I left suddenly to go to Japan. I didn't even tell him about it beforehand. He only knew the day we left. When I went back to Busan, their family was gone. I don't know why they transferred though." probably because of yongguk's father's imprisonment.....Jieun thought.

"But at least we still talk you know...I'm fine the way we are."

"Why won't you join his gang then? You're a delinquent too right, before?" she asked.

Himchan started nudging and his sweat was increasing. "Ah...delinquent....well..., I don't fight anymore, I don't want to be in their crowd too...It makes me ins-- no it just bothers me.."

"But Yongguk doesn't fight too! He just hangs out with them!" 

"You don't understand!" he shouted. "Sorry, I just can't be with delinquents anymore..."

Hesitatingly, she asked "I see....but...What do you know..about his family?"

"Well I've met with his mother and father before, he also has 2 other siblings. They're nice folks, although they were scary but with yongguk around I felt okay."

He doesn't know yet..... Jieun worriedly stared into space. Yongguk hangs out with those delinquents because he thinks they're the only ones who accept his background...and Himchan doesn't know yet....Is he afraid that he will ask about his family? Is that why he avoids him mostly? 

♪♪♪♪♪♪

"Annyeonhaseyo oppa!!" swarming girls greeted Himchan lively. In response, he waved gracefully. 

"Oppa, is it true? You know how to play instruments?"

"Ah yes I do know." He answered softly, while the girls squealed in glee. He continued walking with the girls following him everywhere. Sometimes he likes it, sometimes it's irritating. But as a gentleman, he never wants to hurt a girl so he lets them be. 

"Oppa oppa, i have a question." a bad-tempered girl spoke up.

"Yes?" he replied.

"I really think you're perfect in every way oppa, but then there's one thing I don't like about you! Why are you friends with an ill-natured guy?? He's bad news!" the other girls was shocked that she spoke up about this. They've been talking about him for a while but never wanted to mention it. They tried to shut their bad-tempered friend up.

"Who are you talking about?" his eyebrows raised. 

"That Bang yongguk! his father was imprisoned! they're criminals! I can't believe they still let him study here. Stay away from him oppa!"

Himchan stopped walking. "....What?" 

♪♪♪♪♪♪

In the hallway, she walked innocently. Suddenly, yongguk grabbed her hand and dragged her with him. "Y-yongguk-shi??" her heart was racing, Jieun was totally lost. She began shuddering at the thought that he figured out she's been meddling with his life. What will he do to her? Her feet were trembling. At last, they stopped. Yongguk brought her to his delinquent peers who was hanging out in the back of the school. He let her stand there, as he approached his friends. "Stay there, and watch."

"Oy." he caught their attention. Jieun was behind them, quivering her hearts out as she's facing a lot of delinquents in one place. 

"Ah? gukkie~ Just in time, we're really hungry. Feed us~ come on." playfully, they tried to get money out of him again.

"Sorry, I'm leaving the gang. I don't want to fight and get myself in trouble anymore. I'll be going now." yongguk straightforwardly stated. With no beating around the bush, he directly conveyed what he wants to say.

In the midst of feeling scared, she was relieved of yongguk's words. but of what happened next, she was panicking even more.

Yongguk turned to leave, but obviously the situation isn't gonna be an easy farewell.

"No one leaves the gang, only the gang kicks out a member. And we will do that to you, but not in an easy way. Prepare yourself Yongguk, you ain't gonna leave here with no blood fight to happen."

He was careless. He should've seen this coming. But he didn't. What's worse is Jieun was there. He prioritized in protecting her.

"No! Don't hurt him! It was me! I made him do it! I'm sorry!" Jieun cried out from behind. She was panicking too much that she couldn't think rationally. The other delinquents started taking her as hostage. 

"Hahh, what a pity~ if you struggle, then we're gonna have to hit her too."

Yongguk surrendered immediately. He heavily sighed, and kneeled down. He was ready to receive big blows. 

 


Sorry for a lateee update!! Don't forget to comment your concerns and thoughts! Thankyou!