Among your midst

Switch!

♦♦♦

Hyosung knelt down. "I'm sorry Hakyeon for everything. I'm a spoiled master. yet you're the perfect butler.... so Please, you can live with us here hakyeon. I'll take care of it...would you be my butler again?"

She pauses while gripping hakyeon's pants that are worn-out from his duties. Where does he even sleep after he follows me everyday... "It's selfish for me to say this, I know.... I really don't mind if you're trying to ruin my life....but by doing such under my father's orders, then that means you won't be living pleasantly or happily!.... You wouldn't be as free as I want you to be....But... If you live with me, I would let you continue your revenge on me because it's what I truly deserve after what I've done.... But I don't want you to stay in that monster's house anymore. Hakyeon, please hear me out." she bows weakly.

Hakyeon, with his loosened fists, came closer and bent down.

"I'm jealous....of your friends. They were still able to unite with you when you left..." he began to cry, breaking his emotionless mask. "When you left, I became so meaningless. I couldn't do my job as a butler properly anymore. I just didn't know what to do. Then one day, they almost fired me out of the house....and I agreed so lightly. Until I heard one guy on the phone saying you were spotted in Seoul. That's when I volunteered to bring you back. And it was with bad intentions..."

Hakyeon patted her shoulders. "But deep inside, I actually just wanted to see you again....madam hyosung"

From his pockets, he pulled out a mini first aid kit. "...I knew you'd get wounded.... could you please sit properly so I can fix you up?"

Her face lit up and hakyeon saw his first glimpse on the new smile of his precious master. "Hakyeon-ah, you still bring those kits with you? that's so old-fashioned." she laughed "But stop treating me this way....I can take care of myself you know...."

"Yes, it seems. I saw how you dressed yourself up so nicely.... and how you wake up early without any alarm or my annoying voice. I'm....happy for the big change in you....Madam hyosung...I didn't even think you'd talk this brightly in front of me..." he stitched up her wounds. "I wonder....if i'm still of any use to you..."

"Of course! You can be a friend who'll comfort me in times of rejections..." 

Both of them exchanged warm smiles. Hakyeon conveyed the notes coming from Leo who asked him to pass it to Hyosung. "You...changed Leo too, in a positive way."

"You saw each other? That's great!" Their chitchats continued.

♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪

 

Yongguk and Himchan were hanging out in the karaoke. Yongguk chose Western hiphop selections while Himchan sang Korean rock songs. 

"Maybe we are fit to become singers....We should form a group!" Himchan remarked.

"If you say so....but it better not be just about silly love songs." yongguk responded.

"You got the wrong guy!" they heard a scream from outside. Both of them rushed. They saw a short young student being confronted by big drunk men. 

"What's going on here?" Yongguk asked.

The short young student went behind banghim's backs and cried out. "They're accusing me that I beat their friend up a while ago. I'm telling you it's not me!" Himchan patted his back.

"Get your asses out of here you delinquents. He fit the description of our friend. Short height;black hair; and was wearing uniform."

"Heol. that could be anyone! If you want to find that guy, you must consider that he should be good in fighting. This kid here is clearly a nerd, no offense kiddo, so definitely he wouldn't be able to beat your friend up." Himchan argues.

"Don't judge a book by its cover! He could be hiding his skills!"

Himchan sighed and eyed yongguk. He nodded. Himchan went behind the young student's back while yongguk spoke to the kid to distract him. In moments, himchan released a punch to the student's back and it landed hard.

"Ouch!! What did you do that for??" he shouted.

"See gentleman? As a fighter, you would notice if a punch is headed your way. And if he was, he should've guarded my fist with his arms. But he didn't. This proves that he is the wrong guy." He patted the kid's back whispering "sorry"

The case was settled and they went their own ways. When they went out, they met sunhwa riding a bike. "Where are you headed? well not that I care..." himchan asked.

Sunhwa stopped and randomly punched himchan. "To Leo's house...I have an appointment with him." she winked and left.

Himchan scoffed and was put in a bad mood. "That y vice president....tch" Yongguk laughed silently. 

Minutes later, they found themselves almost parting ways. Before they left, they executed their routine of saying goodbye. Himchan punched yongguk in his chest. When it was yongguk's turn, himchan dodged for it was headed for his face and he didn't like that. Instead, yongguk's big strong punch hit a passerby who was caught off-guard. Despite such, this passerby, who was wearing the same uniform as theirs, guarded the punch with his left arm.

"Ahh I'm so sorry." yongguk said and recognized who he was. 

"Oh, Kikwang...you're out really late." himchan greeted him. 

"Oh yeah. I'm sorry too. Well, I gotta go now bye!" he left casually. The two boys were left wondering why he was out in this late hour. It was normal for students like banghim, but not for kikwang. But who are they to judge? And so they went home like the usual.

♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪

 

"Wow. Big house." Sunhwa commented.

"Uh. no, it's the one beside it." Leo says as he enters a normal-sized house. "Huh? But isn't your family...." They were welcomed by siblings of 4. Three of which are in elementary school and the other a middle schooler. 

Leo also takes into account the privacy of his family's life. He, like hyosung, didn't want to be involved in the news. He requested to live with his aunt who has a normal life. The family he lives with has 6 members. Leo, despite the authority of his family, continues to take care of this home to leave no burden. 

"Ahh Jung Leo! You're finally home..!" hm? where did he go before this then? Sunhwa thought.

"Good evening! I'm the vice president of the school and I'm just here to discuss some plans with your Jung Leo." Sunhwa politely greeted. She noticed the warmth Leo exudes as he was patting the heads of his younger cousins.

Sunhwa personally requested Leo for a time to talk with him, about his family. Leo agreed but only in the place of his home. They went inside an isolated working space of Leo and began the discussion. He explained the background of his family's business and presented papers and etc. Sunhwa later came to a conclusion.

"I guess I was right. It wasn't your family."

Leo sat down quietly and spoke abundantly in front of Sunhwa. "You really know what you want. It's admirable. You lied about liking me just to fulfill your purpose....But it brings you nowhere now since we are not your target."

Sunhwa let out a sigh. "Are you not curious of my purpose and my reasons? You were kind enough, I can let you in on this." She suggested.

"I am not interested. I can only lend you information of my family. And that's it. Sorry." he declared.

"Suit yourself....but please don't tell anyone, especially my brother. Only Jiyeon, you and I know. I'm planning to tell Hyosung unnie soon, but she's not in the right state as of now. I thankyou to a big extent" Sunhwa stood to leave and bid her goodbye.

♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪

 

The months of distance faded away as hakyeon once again became the butler hyosung's new life lacked. Hakyeon needed to go back to settle his unfinished business; He'll try to create a diversion to prevent them from targeting hyosung again. But he promised to go back. Before he left, he warned her with a worried face.

"Madam hyosung...I told you once that I'm not the only 'friend' with ill intentions...."

yes...I forgot to ask about that. Who is he referring to?

"I...can't bring myself to say it. But I'm telling you to be careful and don't trust too easily. Most of all, don't be fooled. You see, there's a lot of groups after you. Your father announced a wish to be granted by him to anyone who can silence you back to their household. And these groups aren't exactly working with each other. One of them is among your midst...... But since you know your friends best, I'll trust what your heart believes. So please, believe in your heart. Stay safe!"

"Wait!! who is it?" She grabs his arms.

Hakyeon closes his eyes and nervously said. "Are you sure you want to know now?"

"....yes i am."

His brave soul releases what he hates to say the most

".......I saw him once on my sessions with your father's secretary. But note that I didn't directly hear or know he is after you nor is he working for your father. I just saw him amongst the groups I mentioned when I went out. He seems to have an appointment with the secretary too. I may have exaggerated on that part where I said 'ill intentions'. But....there's just something going on. So I have suspections of him."

"...who...?" Hyosung nervously asks.

"..........Kikwang."

 

♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪


What are your thoughts? Leave a comment on your speculations :D I'd appreciate it!

-fairy