High school

Switch!

".......and that's why I'm here!" Hyosung was telling an old lady her story and why she came to her.

She was inside a mini seafood restaurant, talking to the one in charge. She came there to grab a job as well as a place to stay.  The building was the perfect area for her. It was nearest to her new high school; It was hiring new employees; and it offers a room for rent. Upstairs the restaurant, it was the home of the owner. The owner ,who was an old lady, was in need of helpers in her store so she put up wanted signs. She only have 3 workers in the place. At the same time, she offered a rental place upstairs in her own home.

Long ago, Hyosung left her home and tried living on her own. She had to achieve her dream, and she knew her family would go against it. So hyosung had to break away and take risks for her future and for her freedom. She grabbed her own savings(which was a lot given that her family is rich) and packed up to go to Seoul. There, she has been transferring from place to place and doing part time jobs to maintain her budget. 

 

"...I can't hire you, you're just a student. So it's better if you just leave if you won't order anything." the old lady answered. She then proceeded in serving the guests.

"Wh-what? But ahjumma, I can help you! I...I can cook!" hyosung strided into the kitchen and took the chef's waddle. She began making a soup with her own recipe using the resources she found in the kitchen. 

"Yah, what are you doing in this kitchen exactly?!" one of the workers went to reprimand her. The old lady stopped the worker and told her "Zinger, let her do as she wishes."

Zinger answered "O-okay boss."

 

After a few final touches, Hyosung went to the dining room and served her dish to an old man.

"Would you mind if you Taste it, ahjussi?" 

The old man took a sip of the soup, and few seconds later he dove in the dish.

"It's delicious! I swear it is!"

Hyosung wore a big smile on her face and turned to the old lady anticipating what she will say.

"...you'll start this afternoon. Zinger will show you how to run this place later on. Come, follow me to your room."

Hyosung was so glad and she excitedly followed the old lady.

 

♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪

 

In the next 3 days, hyosung woke up early. It was the start of her dream.

With enough hard work and help from her friends, Hyosung was able to pass an entrance exam in one of the schools in Seoul. It wasn't the best but hyosung had to put up with what her IQ could do. 

In this school, hyosung was determined to become opposite of what she was in Busan Grounds. Her nasty delinquent gestures were now neglected, her messy appearance became neat and feminine, and her delinquent busan dialect was replaced with the Seoul dialect. She was willing to start a new life. A new life where no one would call her 'chief', where she could act normally like any female students, and where she could fall in love like any person would.

 

All the time hyosung entered the school premises with a bright smile....until a delinquent bumped into her. 

Suddenly her bright smile turned upside down. "Watch where you're in going mister!" she shouted. Indeed, old habits die hard.

"The did you say? You just bumped into me you piece of !" the delinquent rebounded with a diss.

Finally hyosung snapped out of it and realized she was doing a bad job in trying to start anew. 

"A-ah, I'm sorry! I'm really sorry!" she placed her hands together and bowed several times.

"Hah, I won't accept an apology that fast little girl!" he replied.

Then, from her bow, hyosung stood straight up and grabbed his collar saying "I just apologized to you, and yet you're still so ty stubborn." her habits keep switching on and on without her realizing.

A guy approached and pushed Hyosung's head, making her bow down as he did. She was startled.

"She's apologizing now, Just leave her be, okay." he said.

"Hugh, fine. whatever." the delinquent left.

The guy removed his hand from Hyosung's head. In hyosung's mind, she was hoping it was Kikwang. But as she looked up, it wasn't. It was her old neighbor, who she used to bake cookies to in order to shut him up from telling her father what she has done that she shouldn't have. His name was Leo. Hyosung calls him Taekwoon.

Hyosung didn't have friends in her neighborhood since everyone was afraid of their family background, however in Leo's case, he was the same with Hyosung. His family was also rich so they were in a mutual situation. Besides Hakyeon, he was the only one who knew about Hyosung's family background. During their second year in middle school however, Leo's family moved out of Busan. So they haven't been in touch with each other. 

"Oh..... Taekwoon! It's just you. But wait...you study here as well! I didn't expect you'd be here!" hyosung spoke in her busan dialect.

Leo scratched his head and whispered in a weak tone ".....So noisy....It's the first day of 2nd year and this is what I get....."

He then spoke "Uhnn...you're here.....but.....you're different...somehow. you're...smiling...."

Hyosung laughed. "Ehehe, Taekwoon ah! this is the real me~! I'm..a girl now~!" 

Leo choked. He began coughing.

Hyosung grunted. "Yah! You-!"

*Bell rings*

"You should go, it's time for the opening ceremony." Leo motioned her to go.

"Ah, wait, what about you?" she asked.

In a low voice Leo answered "......It's too troublesome for me..." He walked away and disappeared.

He hasn't changed a bit. So mysterious this guy. She thought.

♪♪♪♪♪♪♪

 

(Opening ceremony)

 

This ceremony is taking so long. When will it end. Hyosung whispered to herself.

 

"Okay, it's time for the student representative to give you basic information about the school. This is for both the freshmen and the transfer students." the teacher spoke.

A female student strudded into the stage and took the microphone confidently. 

"Goodmorning everyone. Most of you know me already but for the sake of the new students, I shall introduce myself first before everything else. I am your student council vice president, My name is Sunhwa. It's nice to meet you all. So for this year........" 

While Sunhwa was discussing onstage, many voices whispered in the student crowd. Hyosung averted her attention to the whispers.

"Did you know...last year when she was a freshman, she was already elected as vice president. They say she's very smart and clever despite her age."

"Yes yes, but no one really likes her. She's a . My friend told me Sunhwa seduced her boyfriend."

"The girls all hate her; she's very bossy. I believe the boys all voted for her that's why she won the elections."

 

What a nasty girl, well as long as she doesn't disturb Kikwang, I'm okay. Hyosung thought. Speaking about him....I wonder if he's here.... She swung her head from left to right, as she scanned the crowd surrounding her. No sign of him....But, Incredibly all these students are smart nerds. There are only a few delinquents and rule-breakers that I see...

The ceremony ended and in the school there was a tradition of letting the students tour around the school first before class would officially start.

 

♪♪♪♪♪♪♪

 

"........And that's why I'm like this!" Hyosung finished explaining her story to Leo, who was barely awake. However, Hyosung didn't tell anything about running away from home to him, because Leo's father and hyosung's father were still business partners. If she told him, Leo would not want to accompany Hyosung anymore since Hyosung was an enemy of his family's business partner. If Leo is seen hanging out with her, they could lose a big business partner. And in hyosung's case, Leo might contact her father and tell him her location.

"Uhnn..." Leo nodded.

"So here's what I need from you: In order for me to live a normal life, I should have friends, right? And since you've been in this school longer than I have, you should know some students in the school already. That's why you should introduce me to them! Get it?" hyosung told him.

"My friends...?" Leo, whose eyes were almost falling, said. "Ohh.. Okay, come I'll introduce you to them." he lead her to a secluded place. "Wait here, I'll come get them." 

"Okay!" Hyosung excitedly said. Yes new friends! Finally normal ones!

 

Leo came back with a group of students and told them "Here, she's very strong. You'll like her."

Hyosung turned around in the most feminine manner presenting her face with the best charm appeals, and said

"Hi! I am Hyosu--" her face became frozen. Her ears went red, as her anger stooped to the highest level. Hyosung had turned around only to see that the friends that Leo brought were actually the school's delinquents.

"..Taekwoon....You.." she whispered to herself. her fists were both clenched.

"Umm, hahaha let Leo and I talk for a moment, okay~" she grabbed Leo forcibly.

"What do you not understand by normal friends?! These are delinquents!! I TOLD YOU I AM BEGINNING A NEW LIFE AS A NORMAL HIGH SCHOOL GIRL." she outragely whispered to Leo.

"Oh...but you said I should introduce you to my friends..these are my friends..." He calmly replied.

"Wait what?! Your friends are delinquents? Oh no, don't tell me. Taekwoon, you're a delinquent?! So the first day of my new life, I hang out with a delinquent!" She said. The delinquents that Leo brought to her approached closely.

"Ahem. Yes he is a delinquent. although he never comes with us, Jeon Hyosung" one delinquent interrupted their private talk.

Both Hyosung and Leo turned around. Hyosung was surprised why he knew her name.

Hyosung recognized him. "Oh? you....I know you....aren't you that guy who's always around Himchan? What was your name again...B-Ba...ngg..?"

"Bang Yongguk!" another well-styled guy shouted from afar. "Bang Yongguk! Hey!" 

The guy turned around and saw the one calling his name. "Oh?....... It's you!"

Finally the guy who was shouting from afar, approached closely to them. "Yongguk ah! It's me! I missed you dude!" they hugged quickly and bumped fists.

Hyosung who was watching them was stunned. Leo was standing there not understanding the situation.

"I can't believe it, I didn't think you'd be in Seoul, plus you're in the same school I'm in!" the well styled guy said to Yongguk.

Yongguk smirked "It must be fate.....oh and look to your left. You'll be even more surprised." 

The guy turned and saw Hyosung. Both of them were amazed.

"KIM HIMCHAN! You're here!" Hyosung shouted with amusement.


So I hope you're not confused. I added 4 more characters again ^^ Leo and Sunhwa and Zinger and Old lady. There's more in the future haha xD