Confrontation

Switch!

She laughed at hyosung's naiveness. "Do you still not get it? After all those hints?"

"W..What do you mean?"

"Hyosung unnie, I was only using you"

Those words were planted in hyosung's mind, loud and clear. But she didn't want to believe it was coming out of sunhwa's mouth. At the thought of easing her disturbed chest, she didn't expect that this could lead to a bigger problem. "Wha..what are you saying...you know, you're just tired, let's go out first" she said, trying to brighten the dim atmosphere. She grabbed sunhwa's hands.

Sunhwa sighed. "Look, unnie. I was only using you to get close to Leo. I liked him before I met you." Hyosung continued walking. 

Sunhwa became impatient "Can't you hear me? I'm trying to say that I became friends with you not because I liked you, not because I think you're fun, and absolutely not because I want to hang out with you!" Sunhwa grunted. "I don't like you, okay? I was never your friend and never will be!" She cut off her hands from hyosung abruptly and made her fall. Hyosung snapped.

Reality struck her. It was back. The feeling from being trampled on and being treated like material, was back again. After running away from being used by her father, she faced again the wrath of life. She thought her life's missing pieces was finally put together, but all of it were just fake plastic decoys. As expected, nothing ever goes right. She will always be a mistake. Even if she stands up to it, everyone else will make her feel as such. 

"......why? Sunhwa, why?" she clenched her skirt. Being stuck to the floor, she could only find these words to say.

The standing one who doesn't feel any bit of guilt smirked. She leaned back against the walls."You know right? everyone hates me. Every girl despises me, I don't like any of them either. And Every guy only wants to sleep with me, those manwhores........But in the midst of that, there was Leo. He was the one who kept me moving forward to which brought me here as the vice president. And so I wanted to make him mine. He only talked to me once, but it was enough to make me like him. But.... guess what?..... I don't get it. He doesn't love me and he always avoids me! Every action I take wasn't enough. Why? even when I was this pretty, this smart and this charming!" she paused. Looking down on Hyosung, she glared at her.

"And then I saw him talk to you, the new innocent friend. He only talks to his delinquent friends, yet he actually talked with a girl. The good thing was...you were an idiot. And sooo I had to become close to you, in order to get close to him. It was waaay too tiring though. To think it took me a month to crack you open. But no matter, now I'm with Leo, all thanks to our fake friendship" she intimidated the squated hyosung, and laughed at her poor appearance.

It was enough to make Hyosung's heart broken. She was disgusted by the true girl that sunhwa really was. And she was disheartened by how she was fooled by her. But all of it wasn't enough for tears to drop. Compared to her life's worth of dirt, it was just one of those tiny things. So she stood up in silence. And stood up to Sunhwa.

"Huh, did you ever think that just cause you are a girl, I wouldn't beat you up to a pulp?" she cracked her knuckles. A monster came out of her.

sh-she's so scary Sunhwa thought. "H-hey! I know you're stronger than I am. But I'm not afraid! did you forget? I know all your secrets, you told me remember? I have all of this planned through.If you hurt me and If you ever tell Leo or any of your friends, your secrets will spread as fast as your bloodstream flows. My network is very big. And after all of that, everything in your life will fall apart. So don't bother me okay? Today, after I talk to you, I will confess to him and he'll be mine~"

"..You..!" Hyosung froze. "You monster...!" she furrowed her eyebrows. Anger swooped her whole system. She wanted to punch her and make her pay so badly. Her emotional stability became worse, her training of trying to act modest and pure had all disappeared at that one moment. Yet, she couldn't do anything to her, because what's more important than her dignity and pride, was her secrets, and her dream. She stood frozen.

"Oh and unnie, that guy that you like..Be more realistic, you'll never meet him again. In this big world, there's no way. You think too impossibly. It's just an advice in exchange for giving me Leo. Goodbye, bestfriend." Sunhwa waved and left.

 

♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪

(Staff room)

"Okaay, Your transfer application forms and requirements are now all registered. Because of your background, we considered you right away. So...since you're here, you can have a look at the school grounds. Just don't make a fuss inside kay?" the teacher, whose face is hardly recognizable due to extreme stress, suggested to the transfer student who was wearing glasses.

"Yeah.....sure. But I need to go run an errand instead, for dinner with my little sister. The store is near the school anyway....Thankyou teacher." he bowed respectfully. Before he gone out, he had a quick look back "And teacher, if....you need any help or anything, feel free to call me...you look like you need big help." he generously said with a gentle smile. He was always very thoughtful.

 

♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪

 

It was already an hour after the incident with Sunhwa. Hyosung was hiding in the library. Instead of reading, she was resting her head on the table with other students surrounding her. She was camouflaged in the bunch and it was hard to recognize that she was feeling down. While she did so, Himchan appeared in her view. He was outside surrounded by his fans. Hyosung could see him by the window.

In the back of her mind, she wanted to talk to him and be comforted. But how could she? Her secret could be spread. And if anything, she thought that Himchan was sick of her dramatic issues. The last time, Himchan was the one who helped him too. So she left him be. Little does she know that what she thought was all not on target.

By around this time, Himchan knew Sunhwa's motives, but being the popular guy he is, it was hard to avoid the swarming fangirls and much harder to find Hyosung. But luckily he found the main motive, Leo.

"Girls, can you please leave me and my friend alone for a sec?" Himchan heartwarmingly smiled, making the girls smitten. "Suuure~~!" But of course, the fangirls just won't leave and will instead stalk them. So Himchan carried Leo and ran as hurriedly as he could away from hell.

"Leo! You!" Himchan started scolding him in which Leo was calmly standing still.

"You're Hyosung's childhood friend aren't you?! Why do you always go with Sunhwa and leave Hyosung all alone? And I can't believe you don't realize anything, when you're closer to them than I am!" Himchan was in rage. Perhaps the power of friendship? or...?

Leo nonchalantly responded in a weak voice "I have no idea what you're saying, I'm sorry" 

"Yah Leo! Don't you know Sunhwa was using Hyosung to get close to you? Now she got you and she's leaving her friend alone. Isn't this entirely your fault? If you haven't been hanging out with Sunhwa, hyosung couldn't be hurt like this. Why do you even go with her? I thought you hate the company of girls?" 

Leo seemed for a moment. "I see"

Himchan twitched. "That's all you can say?!" He clenched his fists and punched him in the face. Leo's face became swollen from Himchan's strong punch. Yet he stayed calm, and touched his face lightly.

"Say something Leo." Himchan said, not even sorry for punching him.

".....Sunhwa-ssi....was Hyosung's friend......So I have to go home now." Leo finally spoke, and left with only these words. 

'What?" Himchan grew more confused. Without a moment to spare, he went to search for her again. And that's when he saw Sunhwa.

 

♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪

Hyosung finally decided to leave. She was late for work in the restaurant. She went out the school, escaping Himchan again, without her knowing. "Goodbye, See you tomorrow." She couldn't say this to Sunhwa anymore. And she missed that feeling. 

The sky was getting dark, and so was Hyosung's emotions. In that rich night breeze, she breathed in heavily, and breathed out dim feelings.

"Be more realistic, you'll never meet him again. In this big world, there's no way." she remembered what Sunhwa said last. She's so cruel, after saying so many hurtful things to me, she had to give me that one last blow. Hyosung thought. 

She continued her light steps, and a call came. "Hello?" she answered.

"Where are you? Ahjumma is already mad, we lost half our customers cause the service was slow!" Zinger shouted from the other line. 

"Ah..sorry..." Hyosung responded with no spirit.

On the other side, The old lady grabbed the phone from Zinger and spoke "Get home now."

"I'm so sorry, ahjumma....I was caught up with these stuffs in my mind..." she said weakly.

The old lady was cold-hearted, but when young people have problems, she's willing to help....in her own way. "Tch. Is it about that guy you mentioned and that handkerchief you always carry? What was his name.. I forgot. Well you know what, Stop clinging on to that handkerchief. The past resides in the past. So...do something else!...what I'm saying is....just let go, and everything else will come and flow." she quickly hang up.

Her light steps became more rushed after the call. After thinking about it, she looked at the handkerchief she was holding. Just let go....Perhaps it's time to let go of this. It's just...a material after all....Whether I meet Kikwang or not, it won't be because of how I always wish on this piece of cloth. No..it will be because I will take action. she thought.

Slowly, her grip on the cloth lightened. As the night breeze brush upon her, she loosened her hand and the piece of cloth flew. It flew behind her, and she didn't try looking back.

The cloth reached the ground, near someone's foot. It was a guy's, and he picked it up.

"Um, Miss, I think you dropped this." He politely said. Hyosung turned around.

 

 


Look forward to the next chapter! Thanks for subscribing I love you guys! Hope you leave a comment, so that I'd know if I'm on the right track or not :D By the way, if you still haven't, you should check out Hyosung's new solo song! "Goodnight kiss" 

Kiss me baby ♪♪