Who are you?

Switch!

Sunhwa still felt it was a bad timing; thus, she kept her secretive goals from hyosung: the goals she never fails to remember. The goals which was somehow in relation to Leo's family.

The sun rose in full bloom. It was cloudy but the sun still peaks from in between which made it a perfect weather for the 2nd years to enjoy. Sunhwa left quite early, not letting the adviser nor hyosung know about her plans that day.

Busan was the crime scene. And although she worries for her friend, she was also looking forward to this field trip. It is always what detectives say: return to the crime scene multiple times, for this is where it will be solved. And she plans to do so by looking for clues or hints to the suspect. 

I will avenge our parents, no matter what. She thinks just like her brother. But Kikwang never knew about the grudge she holds inside her. He thought she moved on from the past. He thought he was the only one addicted in his parents' case of betrayal and fraud. But it runs in the blood. Sunhwa also thirst for revenge. She never let go of the pain they have caused. The pain that a typical rich business family have brought to hers. 

Indeed, Busan was the hometown of the culprit. And she is determined to use up this field trip to seek and gather more information about this mystery through police records, interviews, gossips and the involved people. She thought it was Leo's family. She immediately came to this conclusion due to the sources claiming he came from Busan. He did; but Leo proved his family was not such who would ruin lives, despite the many troubles they caused.

Both Kikwang and Sunhwa were kept in the dark about their parents' framed crime. They were never given news nor hints about what truly happened to them. Their grandparents kept it from them; so they wouldn't ask questions that would endanger the family even more. But because of such, both of them separately and secretly held their own grudges and were left unguarded.

But where would she start? how could she accomplish this? It wasn't going to be easy. She spent the whole morning investigating.

♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪

 

Since yesterday, Himchan's fingers were aching due to the continuous clicks of his camera. His passion also made him want to capture the greatest pictures of his schoolmates. He wanted his frames to be a perfect film. 

"Say yongguk, have you seen Hyosung anywhere? she should be thankful because I got a perfect shot of her and kikwang together." he said as he monitored his pictures. 

"I haven't.Hmmm but I'm worried. I haven't seen Hyosung at all yet the dumb duo, Ken and Ravi are in every place we've went. I don't think they're doing their jobs well." yongguk complained.

Himchan calmly whispered to himself. "She's going to be fine...." 

"Early morning, I saw Sunhwa sneaking herself out though. What is she planning?" he said.

"You're stiiill not over her? Lay off bro, she seems like a normal girl." 

"I don't think so. She's definitely on to something! I must talk to Leo about this. She once said she was going to his house. He must know about it." he was persistent.

♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪

 

Lunch time was over and the students were free to go anywhere in the resort. The adviser still hasn't noticed Sunhwa's absence. Before they were released, he wanted to pass another dirty work to a student. He was picking out who to choose.

Hyosung didn't have anyone to accompany her. In a glance, she was sure she saw ravi in the crowd but he was quick to sneak out of the adviser's sight. She pushed to move through the crowd of her classmates to see where ravi was going and indeed he was gone in an instant. 

"Jeon Hyosung." the adviser declared. Hyosung's eyes widened. Being distracted, she forgot about her plans of laying low to avoid the adviser's range. But it was too late. She was assigned to receive and pack the prizes and tokens gained from the interschool academic competition given by their sister school. It was a bunch of certificates enclosed in frames, one trophy and some souvenirs personally made by the students. After packing, she was to place this in the adviser's bag in the hotel rooms.

Right after the order, the students dispersed and went to have fun on their own. She was left alone to do the work and despite her tremendous strength, she was shaking in fear. Bit by bit, she could feel concealed movements surrounding her, movements of people who seem highly trained for spying and stalking. Her heart started to pound faster. Was it illusions her mind made? or real people who make reality seem like a virtual image.

With her fast legs, she directly rushed to the place his adviser directed for receiving the prizes and tokens, to finish the lonely work in just a few minutes. But surprisingly, it wasn't lonely work after all. Someone dropped by to give her some help.

"I can help you carry the frames and trophy." Kikwang suggested as he arrived. Somehow, hyosung was relieved to see him but at the same time she was threatened. He could be the one who will break the normal of happenings. 

Hyosung hesitated but quickly accepted the offer as more shadows stalked her every move. "....Thanks. You arrived right when I'm in trouble, huh." 

"Our teachers like to pick on their students a lot. Yesterday, I was also assigned to dirty work" he sighed. 

Hyosung was thankful of Kikwang's presence because it temporarily scared away her stalking shadows. But she was still on guard against him. 

When they walked further, ravi and ken appeared to them in silly outfits that were purchased from one of the stores in the resort.They noticed Hyosung and Kikwang and quickly ran away from them, to avoid 'interrupting'

"Hey, it's your two delinquent friends. They look so silly." he said casually.

Hyosung broke a sweat. What...? she seemed for a moment before she spoke "You knew....I am friends with them?" 

Kikwang was naive "Hm? ...I see you often talking with each other. In fact, you talk with a lot of delinquents....Well, everyone knows." he laughed. 

She stopped walking. Something was off. I've always been careful in my movements because I didn't want Kikwang to discover about my nature, thus it's wrong to say that everyone knows because no one ever noticed. Outside my circle of friends, only Jieun knows. But this also means he's the only other one who knows, which is quite ironic really.... She came to a realization that she hated to admit. Which means......Hakyeon's suspicions were true. her sad expressions showed. But she disguised them in the strength of the legendary Demon Jeon.

"I see....I guess I wasn't careful enough in trying to hide it. Haha" she replied. Ravi and Ken's presence would be a great help at the moment, but being fools were a big barrier. 

"Trying to hide what?" kikwang asked.

Hyosung clenched her fists; it was nearing: the moment of truth, which she doesn't want to face. "...I think you already know...that I'm also a delinquent?" the mask falls. She was ready to reveal it; but it didn't matter anyway because it was already revealed to him by another source. Despite such, she didn't feel too scared with Kikwang alone with her; she had her strength to defend her. But her emotions could prevent her from defending herself.

Kikwang didn't respond as he continued to wear his usual bright smile. 

"So...? What else do you know about me?" 

He replied. ".......The soups you make are always delicious."

Her eyes widened. Even to that extent he knew about. "Thanks for the compliment." she breathed heavily; she waited for the moment to flee. "But...That's a violation of my rights to privacy though." she said.

He laughed. "Says the one who stalks me in my sessions in the library." Hyosung became flustered. They were stalkers of each other. But of different reasons.

"I'm guessing you know about my feelings too...." she certainly gave up.

"...feelings...? Well, If you were that in love....with books, you should've told me. You didn't need to stalk me in the library to know what books I was reading." he seemed clueless. Why did I like such an ignorant man...

Kikwang now turned to a serious expression. "I...also know about your family." This was the cue; she had to run and she did as far as she could, with the biggest betrayal she's ever encountered. But to her surprise, he was right behind her. He catched up with the pace of a demon. But fortunately, the other stalking shadows didn't. They were now alone.

"Don't run away. I'm not going to hurt you." he convinced her. 

"Don't come near me....Kikwang! or is that even your real name." she replied in pain. He grabbed her hand as they continued running as fast as they could. His grip is immensely strong. Is this really the Kikwang I know? She broke the grip and stayed away from him.

"It's fine this way. Let's talk while we run; so that the others wouldn't catch up with us and they wouldn't hear our conversations." he spoke. So there are really people following me. This is bad. She started shaking. Her family's powers scared her.

"Look, hyosung. You have to come with me. I'm your best bet. There are other groups coming for you who will do anything to catch you. But I would safely travel you to your household. Trust me."

"Trust?! I can't give that away so easily now! I don't even know you anymore! Who are you?" she painfully replied.

Kikwang's eyes was of the same emotions. "You don't understand. There's something you must know...!" He was interrupted by a group blocking their path. 

"And what is that something, Kikwang?" the group's leader spoke as he blew out smoke from his cigarrette. He was a skinny rebellious man coming from a horrible business in the black market. He accepted this job to make dirty money only to impress a woman he met.

"Stand down, Junhyung. She's not coming with you." Kikwang replied in a serious note. He dropped his glasses revealing a fearsome expression.

Who are these people? They are not the same group of men I always encountered before. Did that monster hire people from the underground market? That dirty old man! 

 


Leave a comment! I'd appreciate it :D

-fairy