Secrets

Switch!

(Hyosung)

Ever since that time, I started talking with Leo more often. Sunhwa and he also started becoming close. I feel happy to see that two of my good friends are getting along. When 2 of your treasures connect, isn't that worth a lot more? My life could be complete right now, there's just one piece left....my dream.

As I was basked in these pleasant thoughts, one unpeaceful view had filled my eyes. I saw Yongguk resting by the trees. And for some reason, I could see the clouds swarming up on him. I was sure the forecast told us it was sunny today, but apparently a weather could be changed by emotions in terms of perspective. We aren't that close so I thought I should start talking to him too, for himchan's sake. 

"Hey." I smiled at his troubled face, trying to ignore the illusion of the dark clouds surrounding him.

slowly he lifted his upper body in respect of my arrival. "Oh, hi. Hyosung." 

"You seem disturbed. Are you okay?" I asked, though it's obvious he wasn't.

He seemed for a moment to answer ".....yeah, just having problems like you did before."

I wondered what he meant, but then i understood. Cupid is now playing a game with him. But I know he'll overcome it. "You'll find your epiphany soon enough." I told him. 

"...Thanks...... what about you? aren't you going to tell the truth?" yongguk said. I was confused for a moment.

"What truth?" I asked.

He answered "Your past. to sunhwa. You should tell her about your true self. about being a delinquent before. You might enjoy your time with her today, but tomorrow she could be gone, because of your untruthfullness to her."

With his words, I became shaky. That's right, I forgot. Not only about me being a delinquent, but also me being a illegitimate daughter to a rich business man. Sunhwa was my best friend, and I can't possibly become hers if we live in secrecy. I should trust her.

"Thanks, you're a great help, let's be friends from now on, okay?" 

In a split second, my field of vision became bright. I saw yongguk's smile. It was soft and heartwarming, like those of an angel. It's as if he was sent from heaven to help us. I don't get why people are afraid of him. They should start denoising their views on people.

 

♪♪♪♪♪♪

 

Hyosung had decided to tell sunhwa everything about her. Even those secrets that Himchan and the rest doesn't know. She put her full trust on her new best friend. Sunhwa smiled at her sweet actions. But no one really knows whether it was because hyosung had put full trust on her, or because of something else.

"unnie, komawo! Thankyou for trusting me even if I'm a dongsaeng. So now, I shall tell you a secret too!" sunhwa said excitedly.

"reallly? What is it?" 

"Actually, I developed a crush on....Leo. he's really sweet. Even though his words are harsh, I can see right through them."

Wow, that's amazing! Leo's got an admirer! two of my favorite persons, yay. Hyosung thought. "Waa, my bestfriend's gotta a crush?That's great!"

"But the thing is...i have a favor to ask you...today...can you let both me and leo alone? I want to talk to him..."

"Hihi, Of course! good luck! I wish you best!" hyosung replied. She was excited for both of them. But she's worried that Leo will reject her, especially when it's Leo.

 

♪♪♪♪♪

 

It was lunch time. Hyosung spied on Leo and Sunhwa and saw how they were getting along. "I should leave them be ♥" Where will I eat lunch then? Hmm, I should ask Himchan. Hyosung went to see Himchan but he was surrounded by girls, yet again. So she went to see Yongguk, but he was with his delinquent friends. She couldn't possible meddle in. So she decided to eat in the rooftop.

 

♪♪♪♪♪

 

Himchan was taking pictures of the school. It was for the school paper. The sun was shining bright, so he decided to reflect the sun's rays in one of his pictures. The best one he got was the picture with the rooftop building. In the school, it actually had a garden in the rooftop. As he admired that one picture, he noticed a student was in it. Her head was barely seen, but he recognized it. It was Hyosung's. 

"Why is she alone? shouldn't she be with sunhwa?" himchan said. Speaking of the devil, he saw sunhwa with Leo. 

"Should I be worried about this..? Hmm, I must be delusional. Even though I hate her, i shouldn't criticize her every move. She can choose whoever she goes with anyway..." he thought.

 

♪♪♪♪♪

 

(The next day)

Aaah I woke up so early today, I should buy bread in the next store for snack time. Hyosung thought. It was very early in the morning, There was still an hour and a half left for class to start. Before she headed for school, she bought bread in the bakery near them. She was still very sleepy that time though. Her mind wasn't completely awake. 

She entered the bakery and took a quick look on the the breads. She decided to buy a lot of pan so that she could share it with Sunhwa and Leo. Afterwards, she quickly turned to go out the store. But she bumped into someone.

"Ah! Sorry!" the person who bumped her said, hyosung thought his voice was familiar but she thought it didn't matter.

"Uh yeah, sure. whatever it's okay." hyosung half-wittedly replied with her sleepy eyes. Hyosung slowly went out, still not in her right mind. If she knew who that person was, she would wish to go back in time. But she was too sleepy to recognize the person.

The person who bumped her just recently moved in the neighborhood. He was new to Seoul, he came to live with his little sister, after a study trip to the States.

His face was confused "that person....wasn't she..? or not..i must be delusional." 

(gif not mine, i thought i should add this for you to fully get the picture i'm trying to portray hehe)

 

♪♪♪♪♪

 

"Sunhwa-yah! I brought bread for us to eat!" hyosung was inspiritively telling her.

"Eh? ah unnie...I have another favor to ask! im sorry, but today I brought cookies and lunch for Leo...so..." sunhwa was hoping.

"Ohh..of course, you can count on me. I'll let you two alone. Hihi, goodluck!" hyosung replied. But deep inside she was a bit sad. she realized after, that she was being selfish. I shouldn't be like this. she thought. Hyosung went and ate up the bread she bought that was meant for three.

Days have passed and hyosung noticed that sunhwa had kept brushing her off just to have alone time for her and Leo. As a friend, she agreed to it at first, but later on she was suffering. Sunhwa barely talked to her and even though Leo wasn't really a perfect friend, she still missed him. She had to do something. As friends, they need to be honest to each other, so she decided to speak her mind to Sunhwa. 

♪♪♪♪♪

Himchan was seated in the newspaper club's office. He was going through the photographs that he took since the start of school. He wanted to see how much he's improved. There were also the selcas that he and yongguk took too. Along the way, he was laughing at yongguk's bizarre poses for the camera, to which he was forced to do also.

His favorite photo was the first one he took of yongguk in their first meeting since middle school. It was when he spotted yongguk from far away while he was talking to hyosung and leo. At that time, he was randomly taking pictures of the school until a moment of coincidence struck him. or perhaps it was fate, as yongguk said.

"I will include this in my scrapbook." Himchan muttered to himself. "Wait...." he noticed something. "there's another girl in this picture.....besides hyosung, who's that in the far back?" He looked closer, and he recognized who it was. It was Sunhwa who was positioned oddly in the picture. "Why is she in the far back? It's as if, she was...hiding from them....Well, they are friends with hyosung so maybe hyosung brought here there and she was scared.....ah......" his eyes twitched. he finally realized it. He knew what was off with sunhwa, he finally knew why he had a bad feeling about her.

"This picture was taken before they became friends...." he said. He rushed off outside the office.

 

♪♪♪♪♪

 

"Sunhwa!" her voice pierced sunhwa's ears. Hyosung was barely catching up with sunhwa's hurried steps. "Wait up!" Sunhwa heavily sighed and forcefully turned around. "What is it unnie? I really need to go now, I'm in a hurry" her voice was unpleasant.

"I need to talk to you. It's very important, please just listen." hyosung begged. She wanted it to end today. All her disturbed and conflicted thoughts should be heard by her friend, so she didn't back down despite sunhwa's unwillingness.

"Why not tomorrow?" sunhwa answered with her crossed arms. 

"Look, I really need you to talk to me. Please"

Sunhwa nodded in silence. She was showing how tired she was of the day she's had.

Hyosung inhaled deeply "Okay well, Ever since you became attached to Leo, we...you and I drifted apart. Our friendship was suddenly cut. And I'm sure it's just a mere understanding. That's why I'm here. I wanna tell you that I've become lonely. I want you to be happy with Leo. but i don't want to be away from you all the time. Why do you always brush me off all of a sudden?" I finally said it. My chest feels a lot better now.

To Hyosung, Sunhwa's eyes shone a lovable glimpse of paradise and her sweet tender smiles show the heaven she dreamt of. But in the past days, that heaven and paradise morphed into just a drawing, that can simply be erased. And during that moment, it was completely gone. 

She laughed at hyosung's naiveness. "Do you still not get it? After all those hints?"

"W..What do you mean?"

"Hyosung unnie, I was only using you"

 


comment ur concerns or thoughts ^^