Rumors are still rumors

Switch!

Hyosung took a late boost sprint as the sun brimmed on her drowsy eyes. The Old lady in her shop made her clean in the early morning because of her consistent absences in duty time. Time was running as fast as she was. 

That time of the day, usually everyone in the neighborhood were in their houses, warming up to start the day. But overlapping the hasty strides of Hyosung's sprint, small spying steps were also present in that silent street. As she took every turn by the road she follows, the spying steps also got nearer. A watchful eye was bothering behind her shoulders. She got anxious and decided to stop running...Slowly she let the spying shadow go near and nearer towards her. She could feel it coming.....Until a sound of bliss was overheard. Himchan was heading the same way as her, and Hyosung continued running as she approached him. The watchful eyes dissappeared. 

*Beep* "She's entering her school now" *Beep*

♪♪♪♪♪♪♪

(Hyosung)

That y woman is getting on my nerves. How else am I going to face her?! this means war. I suppose those rumors were right on the spot. She is an utter . What a big disgrace for my pride. How was I able to overlook this? Her gestures were suspicious right from the moment she spoke to me. No other girl would ever talk to me. I should save Kikwang from her.

From my fuming state, I hustled towards the school building. As I made a turn in the corner, I bumped into a weak girl. Her shoulders felt soft when my firm unlady-like arms touched hers. She utterly fell to the floor, confirming her weak body.

"I'm sorry! really sorry!" I said as I lifted her up from the ground.

"No...It was my fault. I'm sorry..." she replied to me. From her voice, I assume that she's the introvert type of gal. She gave in so fastly, replying to me as if she wanted to get out of the situation so badly. But I didn't want to just let it go. Another chance appeared right in front of me. A blissful encounter! The heavens granted me a new start towards the road of friendship! 

She quickly reverted her direction away from me, but I stopped her as I spoke "Are you on the same grade level as I am? I haven't noticed you since before....what's your name?"

The girl looked at me in hidden annoyance. "...I don't stand out that well...My name is Jiyeon..." she replied. She gave no effort in maintaining a long conversation. It was time to go back to class so I decided to let her go in the meantime, But I'm not giving up. She walked away so lightly with her feminine steps, which made me quite insecure. And I wondered whether she was the type that was easily bullied and bothered by some guys, considering how much charm she naturally has in the way she walks and the way she does everything.

♪♪♪♪♪♪♪

 

Hyosung and Sunhwa locked eyes. Sunhwa was the first to look away. Both breathed out heavy sighs.Classes begun as usual.

I wonder how she got over Leo. Does she still like him? Hyosung thought. Normally, girls take a whole lot of time to move on over one guy. But Sunhwa doesn't seem to be like normal girls. Paranoid Hyosung is thinking, "maybe this is because Kikwang replaced Leo in her heart?" she shook her head violently. She wasn't surprised though; Rumors say she goes from one guy to another that quickly. 

Hyosung was staring at her old friend. Ravi noticed. "Hey, so you're still not over that girl?" Ravi got a glare. "Don't be silly, Ravi. I'm just having a lot of thoughts."

"Angry evil thoughts?"

"...Maybe." 

"Well, she's back to start again. No friends; she's all alone." Ravi said.

Ravi's comment got her thinking. "Do you mean, she really has no friends even before me? I heard that she did, but they left her; or more likely she left them or something?"

"Sorta like that. But not from this school though. From her previous one. She has a lot of schoolmates from her previous school who transferred here as well. Why not ask them? if you're that curious." 

I'm not only curious, I'm disturbed by her weird actions. Who exactly is she? Both Hyosung and Himchan shared the same thoughts. Separately, they looked for answers.

"Hey Ravi. By the way, can you investigate for me a girl named Jiyeon? I wanna know about where she usually goes, who her friends are and everything else! Do it asap!" Hyosung ordered.

"Jiyeon? Well, she likes going to the library. I kinda know her 'cause everyone who goes to the library is a delinquent's target."

 

♪♪♪♪♪♪♪

 

"Jiyeon! Hey, what a coincidence seeing you here in the library." Hyosung purposely bumped into Jiyeon.

"Right. Coincidence it is..." Irritated, Jiyeon went back to find a book.

"Wait, let me find a book with you!" she insisted.

"Do you even read books?"

"Of course!"

"What's your favorite one then?" 

"Um...."

"I thought so..." Jiyeon says as she scan through the book stands.

Hyosung smiled suddenly. She remembered the time she spoke to Kikwang- the time when she noticed her heart was beating differently. 

"The Ugly Duckling." she said, smiling nostalgically.

"That's a children's book...."

"I know! but it just...contains one significant memory that I treasure so much. I'm not an expert at books and all, but I know for sure books trigger those memories you often forget. Don't you have a book like that?" Hyosung asked.

Jiyeon paused in her steps. "...Stop saying nonsense things." They went back to their tables. 

"Stop following me, can you." Jiyeon complained.

"I told you, I want to be your friend! I've got to be honest, I'm really desperate. It's so hard to find friends in this school!" Hyosung is already comfortable around her.

"....but I'm not 'girlfriend' material." Jiyeon says.

Hyosung's eyes sparkled. "So you're saying I can be your friend? I'm not girly as well! In fact, I was a former delinquent, ya know? Oops! I'm sorry I'm too excited! Please don't say that to anyone! It's a big secret."

"I don't have anyone to say it to, anyway."

"Then from now on, you can say it to me, okay? I used to have a friend like you before. But she betrayed me. It's her loss! I'm sorry, I'm very talkative." Hyosung continued to talk, even about her crush on Kikwang she told to her. Jiyeon's irritation slowly turned to pure laughs and smiles.

Later on, 2 familiar faces entered the library. They made Hyosung grab Jiyeon deep into the book stands while she spies on them. "It's Kikwang and Sunhwa! Those two are part of what I told you. Now it's time to tell you how my number 1 enemy and my number 1 love are being so close to each other!" she loudly whispered.

"....Sunhwa? she's that friend who betrayed you? that / you were talking about?" Jiyeon asked

"Yes! That's her alright! did I mention that she's acting really weird?? She says she likes Leo, but when she got rejected, she looks like she didn't even cry over him. And I infer that she's crushing on Kikwang as well!"

"Leo? the rich businessman's son? and Kikwang? wait, you didn't know that..?" she paused to look at her watch. It's getting late.

"I'm sorry Hyosung-sshi. It's getting late, my parents are gonna kill me. I apologize so badly. But I'm happy to know you on my last day." she smiled.

"your last day?"

"I'm... leaving tomorrow noon for Japan...I'm transferring schools, I already arranged the papers. I feel sad that I only met you today but still, it's satisfying. I'm sorry though. I have to go!" Jiyeon says regretfully. She stood up to run and her eyes met with Sunhwa. She continued to the door with Hyosung not far behind. Hyosung also caught the attention of Kikwang and Sunhwa with everyone else looking as well when she shouted "Jiyeon!"

"Wait!" she went out but she didn't find her. She was a fast runner.

When she was about to give up, Hyosung found a note in her shoe locker. 

"Thankyou! New friend!

Please, don't misunderstand Sunhwa. She's not as bad as everyone says. Rumors are still rumors, don't forget that. Goodbye."

Hyosung is now even more confused.

♪♪♪♪♪♪♪

 


Hey everyone! Yes, i finally updated! My comeback :D So Sorry, I've been busy with school. Every weekend is fully booked.

What do you think about the story's development? Oh And for those asking for Hakyeon, he'll be here soon!